“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#555542 Jul 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
We's the very goodest o' escourtes! an we's proud on it too!
And you have rum!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#555543 Jul 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way, he loses and the RCC still doesn't even come close to the amount of charity that their Jesus said to be involved in.
Note, too, that the RCC takes in EVERY YEAR over three times Bill Gates' entire net worth!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#555544 Jul 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
The Easter Bunny gave me more the candy. April Issue of Playboy, LOL
Must have been in an ostrich egg.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#555545 Jul 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Sweet. You're a candidate then.
Candidate?

For what?

I don't like where this is going.

I'm feeling a bit drowsy... getting dark... so sleepy...

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#555546 Jul 9, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks
So it takes faith and belief for jesus to return?
That explains the delay!
Hey Mike... Not even Jesus knows when He is going to return. I know this because this is what He had said:

"But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, NOR THE Son, BUT ONLY the Father."

So obviously, Jesus had all abundant Faith, trusts The Father and all that... but He still doesn't know... not until The Father says, "Go..."

Not that you're privy to scripture... but it implies to us that The Father is delaying Jesus' return to give many more time to repent 2 Peter 3:9...

When the Lord Jesus returns it will be Judgement Day.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#555547 Jul 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying that. Prove it.
All you did was post a list of Catholic Hospitals that are MAKING MONEY.
I posted a secular one that despite its name is NOT connected to any church. St. Judes' Children hospital does not turn away a single child regardless of ability to pay.
St. Jude's was founded by entertainer Danny Thomas, with help from Dr. Lemuel Diggs and close friend, Miami Florida auto magnate Anthony Abraham., on the premise that "no child should die in the dawn of life".[1] This idea resulted from a promise that Danny Thomas, a Maronite, had made to a saint years before the hospital was founded. Thomas was a comedian, who was struggling to get a break in his career and living paycheck to paycheck. When his first child was about to be born, he attended Mass in Detroit and put his last $7 in the offering bin. He prayed to St. Jude Thaddeus for a means to provide for his family, and about a week later, he obtained a gig that paid 10 times what he had put in the offering bin. After that time, Thomas believed in the power of prayer. He promised St. Jude Thaddeus that if he made him successful, he would one day build him a shrine. Years later, Danny Thomas became an extremely successful comedian and built St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as a shrine to St. Jude Thaddeus to honor his promise.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Jude_Child... 's_Research_Hospital

Location hidden

#555548 Jul 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He asked you for free hospitals. These are Catholic hospitals. I just told you about the one I worked in for three years.
My mother in law died in a Catholic hospital. The bill was just over $225,000. My father in law paid nothing.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#555549 Jul 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
he was one of the posters targeted by some who came to this forum from another Athiest forum and perhaps we missed some of the last writings of his life because of this.
So you see this as invaders coming from where atheists belong to undeservedly target a good man, chasing him away, and depriving you of some number of his posts near the end of his life? Do you consider that a just appraisal?

I'm sorry that Andrew is dead - for him, and his for his family and friends. Your loss is counted, too, but not in units of posts lost.
Serah wrote:
The old nursery rhyme has haunting words;
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me;
When I am in my grave and dead, you will think of the names you called me"
It is best not to call others names, we never know when we might be haunted, as such, by our own thoughts and cruel words!!
The words don't haunt me, if that's your point. I don't regret anything I posted to him. I don't know who would.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#555550 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Jude's was founded by entertainer Danny Thomas,...
Mr. Thomas was a devout Muslim.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#555551 Jul 9, 2013
My error. Danny was a Syriac Christian.

The Hospital was not part of that religion.

Location hidden

#555552 Jul 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Now show us proof of that, because your original quote of where that percentage goes did not include those words you inserted now.
Include a source please.
You stated that the money went to health care and benefits for their employees (you named a few of the titles). That is not charity.
Then you stated 2.7% goes to charity.
If the above were charity, then it would be included in the percentile shown for CHARITY, and not HEALTH CARE for EMPLOYEES.
"The Economist estimates that 57% of the church's U.S. spending went to Catholic health care networks, with an additional 28% to colleges, 6% to day-to-day operations at local parishes and dioceses, and 2.7% to national charities."

"57% of the church's U.S. spending went to Catholic health care networks"

In what way does "health care networks" mean that it's employee health care only?

"US Catholic Church a $170 billion business"

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx...

So you know, 57% of $171 billion is $96,900,000,000.

Location hidden

#555553 Jul 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG. I didn't mean it was about the child, HL. I meant it was about the predator.
<quoted text>
.. would you tell a little girl that her abuser is a heterosexual male? If not, why ??..
Is it that you want to omit sexual labels altogether?

Location hidden

#555554 Jul 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. when you present concepts like this, you're not helping a little boy process the shame, guilt, humiliation and social stigma of molestation ..
.. this isn't about homosexuality, it's about a child who was victimized by a predator. To label such violence a 'gay' act only compounds the confusion and pain of a child ..
.. please re-think this ..
<quoted text>
.. why is it so difficult for you to understand this concept ??..
I don't know. Help me.

Location hidden

#555555 Jul 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. this will be my last attempt to reach you ..
RR LOGIC:
.. if an adult male has sex with a little boy he is a gay pedophile ..
THEREFORE:
.. if a 9-year-old has sex with an adult male, he is gay little boy ..
<quoted text>
.. it's much like a female rape victim being told she attracts exactly what she wants ..
.. such bizarre thinking must be addressed ..
In no way, shape or form did I say that the victim got what they wanted. Please, don't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Location hidden

#555556 Jul 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. many 'for profit' hospitals have religious names. Ever wonder why ??..
Methodist Hospital (San Antonio)
Saint Francis Hospital (Memphis)
Saint Mary's Medical Center (West Palm Beach, Fla.)
Saint David's Medical Center (Austin, Texas)
http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/lists/50...
Hey, Riverside's on that list. RCH,#43.

Location hidden

#555557 Jul 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the charity of secularists and atheists is rarely addressed in this forum ..
.. Catcher & I support KIVA, a non-profit organization that lets individuals lend as little as $25 to create business opportunities for individuals around the world. They're a top-rated charity ..
http://www.kiva.org/about
.. here's the interesting part: lenders can join a team. Guess which team donates the most $$??..
Atheists, Agnostics, Skeptics:$11,530,475
Kiva Christians:$7,566,750
http://www.kiva.org/community
.. what's wrong with the picture ??..
Care to guess who donates more on a national scale?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#555558 Jul 9, 2013
St. Jude's was begun by INDIVIDUALS and is NAT affiliated with ANY RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION.

The first hospital and medical library in the (now) USA was Pennsylvania Hospital. It was founded in 1751 by Dr. Thomas Bond and Benjamin Franklin "to care for the sick-poor and insane who were wandering the streets of Philadelphia." At the time. It is still in operation.

Franklin was not a Christian but a Deist... or as you would might say, "A secular humanist atheist."

"Franklin, who normally preferred to contemplate the eternal in the privacy of his own home, had been invited by Jedediah Andrews to become a member of the Presbyterian church. He attended for five Sundays in a row. He became a pew holder and a contributor, but he nevertheless ceased to attend weekly services... In general, most Franklin scholars have found him to be quite moderate in his attitude toward religion. Typically, Alfred Owen Aldridge has described Franklin as a confirmed Deist, who, in contrast to more militant Deists like Tom Paine, did not attempt to "wither Christianity by ridicule or bludgeon it to death by argument."

http://earlyamerica.com/review/summer/frankli...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Jude's was founded by entertainer Danny Thomas, with help from Dr. Lemuel Diggs and close friend, Miami Florida auto magnate Anthony Abraham., on the premise that "no child should die in the dawn of life".[1] This idea resulted from a promise that Danny Thomas, a Maronite, had made to a saint years before the hospital was founded. Thomas was a comedian, who was struggling to get a break in his career and living paycheck to paycheck. When his first child was about to be born, he attended Mass in Detroit and put his last $7 in the offering bin. He prayed to St. Jude Thaddeus for a means to provide for his family, and about a week later, he obtained a gig that paid 10 times what he had put in the offering bin. After that time, Thomas believed in the power of prayer. He promised St. Jude Thaddeus that if he made him successful, he would one day build him a shrine. Years later, Danny Thomas became an extremely successful comedian and built St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as a shrine to St. Jude Thaddeus to honor his promise.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Jude_Child... 's_Research_Hospital

Location hidden

#555559 Jul 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Thomas was a devout Muslim.
If you refuse to read past the first sentence, I can't help you.....

Location hidden

#555560 Jul 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
My error. Danny was a Syriac Christian.
The Hospital was not part of that religion.
You stand corrected.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#555561 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother in law died in a Catholic hospital. The bill was just over $225,000. My father in law paid nothing.
You can't get blood from a stone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min AussieBobby 261,585
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min guest 548,211
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 26 min MUQ1 37,241
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min nanoanomaly 749,788
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr andet1987 5,410
Appjoy invite code (Apr '14) 1 hr Lady1089 101
Last Word + 2 1 hr andet1987 853
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 229,842
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 3 hr nikki 124

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE