Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#555219 Jul 8, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>For the love of doggies, if nothing else ~ but I love the Magpies that bring their babies here each year for flying and feeding training, I love the roses, I love the heat of summer and can hardly wait for winter to end. I hope always to smell again the smell of puppy breath, and to cuddle a baby and see them smile for no other reason than they are alive.

I want that baby to smile, Lacez, I want that baby to smile :)
But then what's the point of this transition world I not just to die?

Montreal

#555220 Jul 8, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds like Queensland weather, in summer. Hot and extremely humid.
:-(
Had 94% humidity with 32 degrees yesterday.

Montreal

#555221 Jul 8, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you are mealymouth. That aging aussie imbecile claimed he gave more than 2.7 percent of his paltry income to the girl scouts.
Well, yes, that is possible if he buys 20$ worth of cookies a month.

Montreal

#555223 Jul 8, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>.. who should receive credit for charitable works? The church, the people in the church or God ??..
The church and the people shouldn't get any credit, they take 97% of the money for themselves.
Charities are usually like that, especially if they're run by Christians, sadly enough.

Montreal

#555224 Jul 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent point.

Interestingly the Churches have flip-flopped their position on suicide several times over the centuries. Actually, many believers were and are sending themselves to Heaven 'ASAP'.
Why don't more people do it?
They would have their heaven, and we would have our sane planet.

Montreal

#555226 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That'd be teaching kids the BRMP BRMP instead of the BUMP BUMP and that the WAHOO goes in the YOO-HOO instead on the YA-HOO.

Hope that clears it up.
No matter what, they have to teach how to be safe in every sexual situation.
Most people who do anal are straight, so trying to say that safe anal sex shouldn't be taught is illogical.

Montreal

#555227 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>OMG dude.

Did you just seriously....

Erm

Not respond to G's crap?!

"57% went to health care for the Pope, Cardinals, priests and other employees."

You won't argue THAT?!!

O_o

Oh ya, who am I kidding? You've vested too much in your mind to.
Health care for the employees is not charity...can you not understand that?
Unless you're one of the people that thinks buying yourself a new car is charity.

Montreal

#555228 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>So was the papal RCC orginization during all the crusades and the inquisitions.
Does that mean they are not really "christians"? The KKK is no different....excepting the "papal" authority. They each and every one claim to be true christians.
Exclude one or exclude them ALL!
You can not have it both ways...
Who is worse? The phedophiles or the lynchers and burners and murderers?...in fact the RCC is guilty of ALL of those crimes....250 million + of them.
Now...Let us determine "christian" behavior. It would appear that the KKK has a better record in account than the RCC!
Now one of the latest popes is being dubbed a saint, even though he was the one who presided above the whole covering up of pedophilia within the church.

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#555229 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So was the papal RCC orginization during all the crusades and the inquisitions.
Does that mean they are not really "christians"? The KKK is no different....excepting the "papal" authority. They each and every one claim to be true christians.
Exclude one or exclude them ALL!
You can not have it both ways...
Who is worse? The phedophiles or the lynchers and burners and murderers?...in fact the RCC is guilty of ALL of those crimes....250 million + of them.
Now...Let us determine "christian" behavior. It would appear that the KKK has a better record in account than the RCC!
This "exclude one or all" is in my opinion, a weak philosophical position, because there are very clear teachings from Christ about avoiding violence for personal or political gain. The "Inquisition" was a Catholic dominated political scandal, and the RCC cover ups of sex abuse has further weakened their claim to speak on behalf of all of Christianity. So therefore, ALL who engage in sexual misconduct or politically motivated violence are not Christians in the spiritual sense. They may self-identify as Christian, but this is a false and dishonest misrepresentation. Both the KKK and the RCC, as well as the WBC are all corrupt in spirit and philosophies.

“Saved. ”

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#555230 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not your lord. He points you to the way is all. Your ignorant religion has falsely made him a deity.
Good Morning Capn... Jesus Christ, The Son of God had said:

"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day YOUR LORD will come." (Basically, my Lord talking about His return).

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#555231 Jul 8, 2013
Lacez wrote:
But then what's the point of this transition world I not just to die?
Good point, and that's a strange thing about the "omnipotent, all knowing " deity concept, which is this.

If the deity knows everything we would do, or could do, in all instances - which many if not most Christians claim - but knows just exactly what we will do - which many if not most Christians claim - from birth to death, then what's the point?

I've seen it argued on this thread, and others on topix - and on other sites as well - especially in the free will discussions, that is the case. The deity knows what you will do, out of the myriad of possibilities you could choose, the deity knows the outcome and what you will ultimately end up doing. Invariably so.

Within that concept, the fix is in, the deity knows the round we're gonna get knocked out, and the exact second it will happen. Each of our lives is but a seeming DVD recording within that deity concept.

Why not just skip forward to the ending bell and be done with it?

Death to the nonbelievers or irredeemable "sinners" and afterlife to the believers -*snap of deity fingers*- done.

If none of the above is the case, then the deity is not all knowing and all powerful, IE: Omnipotent. In any way, shape or form.

If the deity is the final and only arbiter in the universe, it has nothing to prove to any other being or entity.

It neither loses or gains any advantage or disadvantage by waiting a prescribed amount of time to "get the judging done". It could do so with every life experience we have had, have, and will have without any of the people needing to die, be raped etc...

As far as each person is concerned, the deity could do so, and we would not be aware of it at all.

Because, from what is claimed, it knows already, and did before it created a thing.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#555232 Jul 8, 2013
Mornin....Mornin...Mornin

“The difference between school and life...

In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test.In life,you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.”

~ Tom Bodett

"I'll leave the lght on, for ya"

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#555233 Jul 8, 2013
Today's Prayer

God, I know that Jesus had a special place in His heart for the poor. He said that the poor would always be among us. How can I use my gifts and talents to help the poor in my community? Please lead me and show me the best way to bless them and meet their needs in your name, that I might also point them to You.

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#555234 Jul 8, 2013
Encouraging Words....

The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe.

Proverbs 18:10

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#555235 Jul 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I do that occasionally.
I forget where I'm at and just start speaking Mandarin.
Then I look up and tell the Wendy's girl, Baked potato, broccoli, no cheese.
I have a question.....I go to a nail salon that has all Viet Namese people....And they break out in their language alot....Are they talking about everyones nails...Like "Look at these UGLY toes"...

Just wondering....(Do you speak Viet Namese?)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#555236 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but you should be cooking it.
RR wants some Kung Pao.
OK....Here it is....

KUNG........POWwwwww

(Oh look at the mess I made...I'll sweep it up later)

:-P

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#555237 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That was pretty damn funny how the guy made it seem all normal that he married a horse but got all offended when asked if it was a female or male horse..
If he would have never married the horse....He would have been charged with "Buggery"

Something to think about.....Hmmmmmm

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#555238 Jul 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yuck.
No "Real German" uses coconut. LOL
NO....They use "Sauerkraut"

((*L-))

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#555239 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it super neato cool in war movies when the hero wants to get to the bad guy boss, he can just walk through the firing line without getting shot?
It's like his sheer will is a shield or something.
(I'm watching The Patriot)
One of my favorite movies....It was filmed in this area

For Your Information.....:-)
endtimeUSA

AOL

#555240 Jul 8, 2013

300 MIL Americans -- "Hostile Towards God"

http://youtu.be/1tFxM_Vsg5g

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min 2all 596,369
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min River Tam 854,875
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min USawarringIdiotSo... 177,177
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min I Am No One_ 444,341
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 42 min RiccardoFire 100,748
London,Erotic,Sensual,Adult Massage 52 min mirabellamassage 2
Annoying Things That Servers or Bartenders in a... (Jul '11) 1 hr stunned 184
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr ChristINSANITY is... 1,010
More from around the web