Should I use more adjectives?
Lack of faith is fitting

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#554403 Jul 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that "God" doesn't like Anthropologists. They tend to expose his iniquities.
JMO...
Yes...the truth is quite incendiary isn't it...especially to those that "see" in hatred...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#554404 Jul 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, some things we do are hurting the planet, but it's still a better day than "the good old days," for people have more access to their basic rights.
Ahhh.... is that how you see it?

***Broward County and the Army Corps of Engineers approved the plan to bundle and drop millions of tires overboard.

"Over time," Nuckols says, "the bundles they put together broke apart, as hurricanes and other large coastal storms came through, which you have a lot of here in South Florida. And those have pushed the tire mass onto the middle reef, essentially denuding that one, eliminating all the corals from that one. In the main area, where the tires are, there's really no significant coral growth at all."

Environmentalists have spent decades wondering how to remove the old tires. Now, county, state and federal authorities have come up with a plan.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php... ***

Bees have been dying off around the world for a decade now from a phenomenon called Colony Collapse Disorder, or CCD. A third of the U.S. food supply depends on the honeybees
This year, the US experienced the highest losses of honeybee populations so far, with most of the nation’s beekeepers losing anywhere from 50 to 90 percent of their bee population
Many of the 6,000 almond orchard owners in California could not find enough bees to pollinate their almond trees, at any price, this year
The collapse of bee colonies is probably multifactorial, but a major factor is the toxicity of systemic pesticides called nicotinoids, which kills insects by attacking their nervous systems
In May, beekeepers and environmental groups filed a lawsuit against the agency over its failure to protect bees from toxic pesticides

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar... ***

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307...

***Astronaut spots 'bullet hole' in International Space Station caused by rock travelling at 22,000mph (but luckily it only hit a solar panel)

Rock could have damaged hull of the space station
The 2mm object may have hit the station any time in the past 14 years
Particles that small can't be tracked by scientists and pose a threat to satellites and astronauts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl... ***

They're wrecking the oceans, wrecking space, killing bees and animals are becoming extinct because of the actions of man(kind) but because people have access to their basic rights, all that is overlooked? What about the wars and the killing? All OK in the midst of things, I suppose!

#554405 Jul 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
We should be grateful to you Christians for repeatedly reminding us about what almost nobody else sees - the abject failure that mankind is, the cesspool that the world has become under his direction since he tamed fire and invented the wheel, and the hopelessness of man ever doing any better. Man is useless,and without such extreme Christian pessimism, nihilism and misanthropy, we might forget that, or even mistakenly view the world with hope.
But Jesus knows better. There is no hope for the world or mankind except for those that kneel before him and beg him not to torture us for eternity.
Thank you for repeatedly straightening us out.
Thank you for repeatedly accepting what man(kind) is doing and will continue to do.... I guess.

Location hidden

#554406 Jul 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Lack of faith is fitting
Lack of faith in what?

#554407 Jul 5, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes two of us 4 Jesus! God Bless you Serah... you need a ~~ HUG~~(((*()*) xxx
And Koala Hugs heading your way along with GOD's Blessings Sweet Peace Warrior

(((*()*))) xxx

#554408 Jul 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
Let us start by bringing back the good ole' polio and small pox epidemics and ban modern medicine from treating it or stopping it.
<face palm>
Yep, and while your facing your palm forget about everything else they have done that is wrong..... two wrongs can never justify a right!! Eyes straight ahead and seeing things clearly....

#554409 Jul 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Serah wrote:
If people can't see that things have got out of control, due to the interference of man(kind) then they are deluding themselves. We are killing off everything ~ and there is no plan to stop. In fact, there are more plans to kill more things and in a much more hurried time.
<quoted text>
.. so many Christians have this attitude. It boggles my mind ..
.. why add to man's miseries by bringing more children into this vile world if you believe they'll be sinful beings with a 50-50 shot at The Lake Of Fire ??..
.. if you don't protest such evil, you're endorsing and perpetuating it ..
Not sure what you mean here, but if you are thinking the world is not a beautiful place, and that is my meaning, then you have misunderstood.

The world is beautiful ~ just look around you; it is when you read the papers or watch the news things have a man(kind) sort of perception.

#554410 Jul 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You find my posts rude ?
You should meet me in person, you would either run away screaming or never leave my side.
Yeah, I am intense.
I find your postings like a roller coaster ride ~ never really knowing what will be written next.

Location hidden

#554411 Jul 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for repeatedly accepting what man(kind) is doing and will continue to do.... I guess.
Humans need to be to be reduced or eliminated from the earthly equation if "balance" is to ever be acquired again. I think it would be best if we started the process immediately, rather than later..

#554412 Jul 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Judaism believes the "Breath of God" which makes us living creatures (Genesis) returns to God and the rest returns to the Earth it was made from.
There is no doctrine of an "after-life" in Judaism.
Moses "gave up the Breath of God"
Your English Bible is a poor, misleading and often erroneous translation.
All I can do is have a different opinion ~ mine being that when we take our last breath, we move into a new realm. Too many reasons for me not to have that Faith...

#554413 Jul 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course.
"forver", "always", "ever after" etc. are constantly used to me "for the rest of my life", "Until I die", "as long as i live", etc.
You like to play the "definition game". You and RR should play with each other.
No, I was referring more to what the Jews think of where the Soul will go when it is given up from the Vessel.... nothing to do with as long as one lives on earth as such.

***The mainstream Jewish view is that God will reward those who observe His commandments and punish those who intentionally transgress them. Examples of rewards and punishments are described throughout the Bible, and throughout classical rabbinic literature: see Free will In Jewish thought. The common understanding of this principle is accepted by most Orthodox and Conservative and many Reform Jews; it is generally rejected by the Reconstructionists.[24]

The Bible contains references to Sheol, lit. gloom, as the common destination of the dead, which may be compared with the Hades or underworld of ancient religions. In later tradition this is interpreted either as Hell or as a literary expression for death or the grave in general. However most Jews today believe in a Heaven as opposed to an Underworld.

According to aggadic passages in the Talmud, God judges who has followed His commandments and who does not and to what extent. Those who do not "pass the test" go to a purifying place (sometimes referred to as Gehinnom, i.e. Hell, but more analogous to the Christian Purgatory) to "learn their lesson". There is, however, for the most part, no eternal damnation. The vast majority of souls only go to that reforming place for a limited amount of time (less than one year). Certain categories are spoken of as having "no part in the world to come", but this appears to mean annihilation rather than an eternity of torment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_principl... ***

You made it sound like the Jews did not believe in life after death!

#554414 Jul 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I could agree in part with some of what you have written...if...you had of also pointed out the flaws of all that post here.
When I came to this thread there were only 5 or 6 Christians posting here (the others left because of inhouse fighting) and 2 non-Christians...Micah and myself. We all got along...no bickering...no insults...no defamation of character.
It didn't change until the departed Christians came back. Then it got ugly.
Yes...I can understand why some of you don't like what the non-Christians are saying...you feel as if your faith is being insulted. I think however before one places blame one must ask themselves if they have contributed.
If one wants exclusiveness then I doubt if Topix is the media to achieve that.
I was replying to G telling the poster he might as well leave this forum,'cause he isn't going to like it..... I was agreeing with G!

Faith cannot be insulted, AnnieJ, it can only be either understood or not comprehended, IMHO

Location hidden

#554415 Jul 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was referring more to what the Jews think of where the Soul will go when it is given up from the Vessel.... nothing to do with as long as one lives on earth as such.
***The mainstream Jewish view is that God will reward those who observe His commandments and punish those who intentionally transgress them. Examples of rewards and punishments are described throughout the Bible, and throughout classical rabbinic literature: see Free will In Jewish thought. The common understanding of this principle is accepted by most Orthodox and Conservative and many Reform Jews; it is generally rejected by the Reconstructionists.[24]
The Bible contains references to Sheol, lit. gloom, as the common destination of the dead, which may be compared with the Hades or underworld of ancient religions. In later tradition this is interpreted either as Hell or as a literary expression for death or the grave in general. However most Jews today believe in a Heaven as opposed to an Underworld.
According to aggadic passages in the Talmud, God judges who has followed His commandments and who does not and to what extent. Those who do not "pass the test" go to a purifying place (sometimes referred to as Gehinnom, i.e. Hell, but more analogous to the Christian Purgatory) to "learn their lesson". There is, however, for the most part, no eternal damnation. The vast majority of souls only go to that reforming place for a limited amount of time (less than one year). Certain categories are spoken of as having "no part in the world to come", but this appears to mean annihilation rather than an eternity of torment.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_principl... ***
You made it sound like the Jews did not believe in life after death!
Do you know the 42 questions that will be asked of your spirit at the point of departure?...or have you been deceived by your "priests"?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#554416 Jul 5, 2013
Ah! The USA military, 90% comprised of Christians, supported by Christians, run by Christians and led by Christians.

Thank you for proving IANS' point.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh.... is that how you see it?
***Broward County and the Army Corps of Engineers approved the plan to bundle and drop millions of tires overboard.
"Over time," Nuckols says, "the bundles they put together broke apart, as hurricanes and other large coastal storms came through, which you have a lot of here in South Florida. And those have pushed the tire mass onto the middle reef, essentially denuding that one, eliminating all the corals from that one. In the main area, where the tires are, there's really no significant coral growth at all."
Environmentalists have spent decades wondering how to remove the old tires. Now, county, state and federal authorities have come up with a plan.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php... ***
Bees have been dying off around the world for a decade now from a phenomenon called Colony Collapse Disorder, or CCD. A third of the U.S. food supply depends on the honeybees
This year, the US experienced the highest losses of honeybee populations so far, with most of the nation’s beekeepers losing anywhere from 50 to 90 percent of their bee population
Many of the 6,000 almond orchard owners in California could not find enough bees to pollinate their almond trees, at any price, this year
The collapse of bee colonies is probably multifactorial, but a major factor is the toxicity of systemic pesticides called nicotinoids, which kills insects by attacking their nervous systems
In May, beekeepers and environmental groups filed a lawsuit against the agency over its failure to protect bees from toxic pesticides
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar... ***
http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307...
***Astronaut spots 'bullet hole' in International Space Station caused by rock travelling at 22,000mph (but luckily it only hit a solar panel)
Rock could have damaged hull of the space station
The 2mm object may have hit the station any time in the past 14 years
Particles that small can't be tracked by scientists and pose a threat to satellites and astronauts
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl... ***
They're wrecking the oceans, wrecking space, killing bees and animals are becoming extinct because of the actions of man(kind) but because people have access to their basic rights, all that is overlooked? What about the wars and the killing? All OK in the midst of things, I suppose!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#554417 Jul 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack of faith in what?
Lack of faith in Zeus and disbelief that Hercules wore a yarmelke.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#554418 Jul 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the 42 questions that will be asked of your spirit at the point of departure?...or have you been deceived by your "priests"?
I got only 1 question not 42

why are you so dumb butt and not realizing that all humans spiritual activities and their ceremonies works for nothing?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#554419 Jul 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, and while your facing your palm forget about everything else they have done that is wrong.........
You mean the 1700 years of Christian atrocities on a grand scale ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#554420 Jul 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I find your postings like a roller coaster ride ~ never really knowing what will be written next.
The truth is like that.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#554421 Jul 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>All I can do is have a different opinion ~ mine being that when we take our last breath, we move into a new realm. Too many reasons for me not to have that Faith...
I see no more reason to believe in your "new realm" than the Elysian Fields, Valhalla or the Rainbow Bridge.

I have better things to do with my last days than worry about what happens when my days run out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 43 min Thinking 92,418
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 667,636
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Gabriel 979,330
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 183,614
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 445,564
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 285,972
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 5 hr Joe Fortuna 2,024
More from around the web