Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#554300 Jul 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I'm not really interested in trying to discuss anything with you any more. It's not possible. I can only contradict your comments or post about you.
Skombolis wrote:
Anything else you are capable of discussing?
Another fine example of your difficulty with language, and why it is pointless discussing matters with you as if you could understand my words and give meaningful replies to them. You can't.

So, I merely correct your errors, as I did with your continuum fallacy and your argument about me being an anti-Christian bigot rather than a critic of Christianity, or I editorialize about you as I am now and as I did when I referred to your shifting the blame for your own mistakes onto others.

How did you like this discussion?

Fennario

#554301 Jul 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
Great post! One which shows just how afraid religious leaders were of believers asking questions.
Here are a few more:

"Empty your minds of secular knowledge." - John Chrysostom, Holy Hierarch of Constantinople

"Scripture gives no false information." - St Augustine of Hippo

"Since God has spoken to us it is no longer necessary for us to think." - St Augustine of Hippo

"Ignorance is the mother of piety" - Pope Gregory I
It's easy to see how believers were brainwashed people with those sort of teachings.
Thanks, and thanks for the quotes. They have been added to my "On Reason and Intelligence in Christianity" file. Here are a few more for you:

[1] "The word brain is not mentioned in the Christian Bible, Old Testament or New" - anon.

[2] "It is the inevitable effect of religion on public policy that makes it a matter of public concern. Advocates of religiosity extol the virtues or moral habits that religion is supposed to instill in us. But we should be equally concerned with the intellectual habits it discourages." - Wendy Kaminer

[3]“I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them”- Galileo Galilei

[4]”Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.”- Søren Kierkegaard

[5]”Ignorance is to religion what horse manure is to the garden.”– anon

[6]“If the man doesn't believe as we do, we say he is a crank, and that settles it. I mean, it does nowadays, because now we can't burn him.”- Mark Twain

[7]“We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake.”- Catherine Fahringer

[8] "The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin

[9] "As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers." -- Robert G. Ingersoll

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#554302 Jul 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like to try to take care of me?
.. what can anyone offer you that you don't already have ??..

.. you prefer a ruffed grouse singing at dawn to the bleating of a cleric herding the sheep. That's you ..

.. if you want, I can offer you a place near my campfire, a marshmallow. If we're lucky, a firefly will illuminate the night darkness and we'll see god ..

<< inflating air mattress >>

<< riffling through gear to find pink laced scarf >>

.. yes, for one night, I'll like to take care of you. After all, isn't that all anyone has ??..
Bongo

United States

#554303 Jul 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's never about age. It's about discipline. It's about learning. It's about me taking care of myself because nobody else can or will.
Would you like to try to take care of me? I'm a handful and more.
Consider joining the army, they may accept a specimen like you.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#554304 Jul 5, 2013
Morning.....

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget;
the naive forgive and forget;
the wise forgive but do not forget.”

- Thomas Szasz

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#554305 Jul 5, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Do other people see me as a faithful friend or a burdensome buddy? I pray that I will be the kind of person that other people love and appreciate; not a person that others want to avoid. And I pray that I will be a good friend to others. "A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother" (Proverbs 18:24). Help me to improve my friendship skills...and to be an example of your love in all I do. Thank you, God. In Jesus' name I pray and give you praise, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#554306 Jul 5, 2013
Encouraging Words....

The Lord replied, "I will personally go with you...and I will give you rest-everything will be fine for you."

Exodus 33:14

K-Love

Fennario

#554307 Jul 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
The RATE he is referring to is per capita That for the percentage of homosexuals in the general population, there is a disproportionately high rate of pedophiles
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I'm afraid that you mangled that one, too. The meaning of the sentence is self-evident.
Skombolis wrote:
Again this is what the author stated
"That for the percentage of homosexuals in the general population, there is a disproportionately high rate of pedophiles"
My comment was not about that sentence. My comment was about this sentence and what it means:

"Homosexual pedophiles sexually molest children at a far greater rate compared to the percentage of homosexuals in the general population."

Can you see yet how this not an actual discussion, but just me correcting your errors and editorializing about you? You're an intellectual train wreck.

Fennario

#554308 Jul 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Here you are spending more time telling people they shouldn't waste time talking about icons!
I guess that you're above that.
Skombolis wrote:
~snicker
Make sure to clear it with the icon Nazi
Maybe not.

This post would be one of the editorializing posts - the ones that are about how you think and what kind of a person you are.

Fennario

#554309 Jul 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You have blamed me for why pretty much every poster on Topix has ever decided to stop posting
I won't abandon you like your friends have.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#554310 Jul 5, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
Apple Inc.
Happy 4th 2U2 >>>Epi<<<
What do you dod on this day ?
Shalom and God Bless... I'm off to bed.(((*()*)) xx
So true....We need the misfits to change us too (So we won't be so judgemental)....If it wasn't for the Rebels....we would be part of the British empire (America)

Had a family cook-out at our new place...It was FUN...(We saw a small deer cross in front of our neighbors home and go into the woods).....

Shalom...Hugs to you

Fennario

#554311 Jul 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I didn't ask permission of the icon Nazi to talk about icons!
Still talking about icons?
youtubeBible

AOL

#554312 Jul 5, 2013

300 MIL Americans -- "Hostile Towards God"

http://youtu.be/1tFxM_Vsg5g

Fennario

#554313 Jul 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Here you are spending more time telling people they shouldn't waste time talking about icons!... what does that say for person constantly talking about icons to people talking about icons?
Skombolis wrote:
she still won't confirm if she believes the Bible or in Jesus.
Editorial: you obsess, and you do so hypocritically.

You criticize Le_Le for "constantly talking about icons" in one of a series of posts talking about icons. And you ask others why they care what people believe while you obsess over what Le_Le believes.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#554314 Jul 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I see it, Christianity 'dictates' to live happily, to be friends with your neighbors and enemies, to love as much as possible and that actions always have consequences.
What's so bad about that?
I agree RR....But some denominations get STUCK on some issues (Like women having to wear certain things and let their hair grow long).....

Thats why I looked for a non denominational church (and Bible based)....Our church teaches everything you talked about.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#554315 Jul 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't treat people less than me, either.
And yes, I've noticed the "hellfire" Christians on this thread and it sickens me, too. I've tried teaching them, befriending them, calming them down in any way but they seem to be lost.
I gotta correct you. They don't hate in the name of Christ, they hate in the name of their own ignorance. Jesus was one if the most kindest people to have ever existed and He is the example we are supposed to follow. I think they come here to vent and scream at people, some atheists do it too.
Agree

((*L*))
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#554316 Jul 5, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
lol "Greetings Borg!”
“We are aware of every move that is made and there is nothing that escapes us. You may walk among us as we do among you, but we are those who have always been. Such things which are used as propaganda will and always are, exposed. The medium of exchange that is of the earth within currency is of no use nor consequence to us nor any life thereafter. For true value of brain protection, the soul is it's guardian, and whether this is accepted or not is also of no consequence to us. What is of concern is the result of the warheads of Atom, for such destruction of this planet is the scar of it's intentions... the fire and the wind which knows no equal discriminates no flesh one from the other, of belief systems. So if you are content that this is 'out of the way' in your given terms just remember...

What is will always be, and how that division is dissected will not alter the state that is the value of all Life, nor subtract from the Spirit of that Creation. How small has the human brain become to believe that he knows the All? Peace on Earth is now everybody's cry, and it has been heard. It is and always has been that the preferred are the peacemakers. That can never be altered by humanity, nor the fact that the meek will inherent the earth.
We are the few who are assimilated into the humanity, and every move is in the direction of what it should be. Those fallen from the state of grace know our place as we do theirs. We judge no-one...

Myth alone has been the parable of all that has been, and the reality of all is beyond language of the tongue. Peace be with you.”
“If you're too open-minded; your brains will fall out.”
Lawrence Ferlinghetti
Means little to me. I like direct experience and pure thought based on experience, I don't like thinking convoluted with sentiments.

The bible is not based in and relating to real experience, but a product of scholars and is surrounded with thoughts that mean nothing elevated but strike an accord in people sentiments, his lower being. Haleluja, praise the lord, the highest, our saviour, etc. The highness in this god is only in the praise. And then preferably done in old English to make it sound more authentic.

This guy talks in the same way playing sentiments to strike an accord in his mysticism, but it only pretends to have a higher meaning, by mixing the sentiments with dissociated thoughts. In the sixties a lot of this trash was produced to fill the needs of people who not grew up in a tradition of inner knowledge and mistook mysticism for deeper understanding.

I like Myths, not Mysticism. I do not like fabels sold as Myths. Precisely because Myths are written by wise men with a deeper understanding and can not be grasped easily, they are eagerly faked by all kind of religious charlatans who copy elements from them to create nonsensical stories with a ring of truth.

It is a weakness in the human mind that it starts projecting meaning in these stories that is not there if you suggest meaning. The charlatan only has to praise them for it and they feel like discovering the truth. It is like looking at the clouds and trying to see all kind of things, faces and beings in them.

The bible is a grab bag of such fables, that is why both the loving and the hating, the sad and the jolly, the theoretical and the practical, the good and the evil, find the bible consistent with their ideas and feelings. As a Duch saying goes: "In de bijbel vindt elke ketter zijn letter" ("In the bible every hereric finds his proof").

It was created by smart religious Jewish sales men, like Paul and other presbyters. With the bible you can please everyone. Find out what a person likes and you can present him with lines that please and suite him. Once you made them into believers, you can find other lines to make them do as you please. Make them go to war if you want war, and make them accept peace if you want peace.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#554317 Jul 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Osiris was also resurrected from the Dead, another concept possibly borrowed by Christians.
A concept learned from GOD me thinks!!

#554318 Jul 5, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
So was Tammuz, I believe.
We all have a Soul Rosa and the Soul goes somewhere ~ it is our destiny, or perhaps I should say, our Fate or Faith that takes us there :)

#554319 Jul 5, 2013
Neb Senu wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak of angels.
Then tell me, why would an angel be portrayed as having wings if they are supposed to be supernatural?
Because an Angel can glide through the air like a bird ~ and perhaps it suits the Angel to be perceived as to having wings. We see that which we see as well as that which wants to be seen :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 30 min ImPeach 25,612
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 37 min Frank 301
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr River Tam 985,633
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 17
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 4 hr Johnny 6
Satan is the white man's god (Jul '08) 5 hr juliakk 185
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr juliakk 6,444
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr PadMark 685,654
More from around the web