Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#554058 Jul 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am disappointe4d that Skom is acknowledging RA at all.
RA is a friend so of course I will acknowledge him

You are also a friend so I acknowledge you

I know you guys have had some pretty nasty exchanges. I don't get in the middle of it except for one time when I asked him not to involve your daughter. Although I find comments about Mary being raped equally wrong and you have made comments like that. There are times I expect better of both of you. I am sure there are times both of you have expected better of me.

Other than that, you are both adults. And my friendships don't change based on external factors

I certainly will not condemn someone for engaging in what is relatively the norm on Topix. If people want to see this place rise above a certain level than it should start with them

(T) Peace

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#554059 Jul 4, 2013
First name I see "Steve" Happy 4th my friend -- any fireworks in your plans tonight -- I see they are still in full color and ignited in here LOL --

GOoD to see you -- TLC Judy

Location hidden

#554061 Jul 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That is incorrect.
<quoted text>
Your words, not mine.
If you want to produce a comment I made and discuss it, I will. If all that you are willing to do is to paraphrase what you think you read, don't bother. You won't be taken seriously.
<quoted text>
That's neither true nor relevant.
Dealing with you is like dealing with a child

I am not going to search for your post or try to remember it word from word from memory because you are not man enough to stand behind your words

You have several times produced a list of Christians you respect, a list which included Epi, Grace Walker, Irrira, Blind Man, LeLe, and several others

Whether there is one more or less of the exact percentage of which Christians you approve of compared to which Christians you don't is what is irrelevant

The relevant point is you continue to stereotype and engage in blanket bigotry despite the fact on even a place like Topix there a quite a few Christians you like. So how can anybody being honest with himself still justify his bigoted positions? Although I suppose expecting a bigot to answer is pointless or he wouldn't be a bigot in the first place. It takes hatred and ignorance to be a bigot and the truth plays little to no role. Not many expose themselves as thoroughly as you have or show how truly irrational it really is like you have but at the end of the day it is no different than what drives most bigots. They rationalize to themselves and don't want to face the truth

You don't need an old post for this question. You like Epi, Grace Walker, Irrira, Blind Man, LeLe and consider them Christians right?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#554062 Jul 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks for the scholarship there. ESV a red flag, huh? You know a lot more about the various renderings than I do.
Always a pleasure, and there are what I term "Christian translations", in which the wording has been muted - not altered mind you, when you delve into the myriad meanings for the word used and as it applies - but the way it reads is "softened" or seems less than what the more close or more accurate and literal translations read.

Just like when you read "instruction" followed by "reproof" elicits a different reaction in the mind than when you read - "discipline" followed by "reproof".

Then sprinkled in among those verses, are the admonishments that "fear of the Lord" is needed in that wisdom or intelligence.

Or, that you should "teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive"...

I don't consider those type instructions as either wisdom or representative of intelligence.

Location hidden

#554063 Jul 4, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
First name I see "Steve" Happy 4th my friend -- any fireworks in your plans tonight -- I see they are still in full color and ignited in here LOL --
GOoD to see you -- TLC Judy
Hey hey!!

Good to see you Judy!!

I have been thinking about you. A post from HFN actually is what triggered it but was hoping you would show up at some point

Yeah its fourth of July every day in here

~snicker

So happy to see you posting!

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#554064 Jul 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Aren't you a true Christian? Don't you consider yourself a true Christian? I do.
<quoted text>
Of course they do. If you weren't a faith based thinker, I would likely have the same relationship with you that I do with EVERY OTHER skeptic on this thread - amicable. All of the squabbling is with Christians, and is obviously related to their Christianity.
Sure your problems are with Christians

You are a bigot an an a$$hole to people of faith...what do you expect?

But most of us don't bother arguing the faith with you.

I simply don't like you because I don't like bigots. You could hate blacks instead of Christians and I wouldn't like you for that reason. I'm not too picky on the reasons. I just am not partial to bigots who seek out people to force their bigotry on them

Location hidden

#554065 Jul 4, 2013
<quoted text>
That would be expected for you by now. It also seems like a worthwhile adaptation given your life's arc.
<quoted text>
Probably. I'm not really interested in trying to discuss anything with you any more. It's not possible. I can only contradict your comments or post about you.
What a cop-out

There is no answer you can give even if you wanted to

Your internet campaign has not created any changes in real life

You do it for your own ego and personal satisfaction, which is fine, it is your life. But you have accomplished nothing. You pose no threat to me or my faith. So it is delusional to think your bigotry "pushes my buttons". I simply acknowledge it for what it is. An anonymous poster on the Internet isn't capable of having much of an effect on me no matter how much they want to believe otherwise

Although if you scaled back your repetitive bigotry I doubt I would pay any attention whatsoever despite not personally liking you much. You have made your point or points or what you think are points ad nauseum now. All you are doing is saying the same things over and over again to get praise from your little personal choir.

I am sure you can find other ways to engage is self-adulation and ego-affirmation solicitation at this point. You don't like Christians. Fine. Anything else you are capable of discussing?

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#554066 Jul 4, 2013
<quoted text>
According to whom? It's my understanding that Catholics don't read it much at all. And I know that literacy and the printing press were huge setbacks for the RCC.
When I was a Christian - full gospel, Pentacostal Protestant - we were always discouraged from asking questions. More than one or two were met with anger and challenges to the quality of our faith.
Faith is considered a virtue in Christianity, and reason a stumbling block. Here's a nice quote from the founder of Protestantism followed by a few more, and then some supporting scriptures :
[1] "Reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed. Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense & understanding. Whatever it sees must be put out of sight with nothing but the word of god remaining in view.- To be a christian, you must pluck out the eye of reason." - Martin Luther
[2] "They were allowed to stay there on one condition, and that is that they didn't eat of the tree of knowledge. That has been the condition of the Christian church from then until now. They haven't eaten as yet, as a rule they do not." - Clarence Darrow
[3]”The gods offer no rewards for intellect. There was never one yet that showed any interest in it.”- Mark Twain
[4] "So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence." - Bertrand Russell
[1] For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." - 1 Corinthians 1:19
[2] He said, "Go and tell this people: "'Be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing, but never perceiving.”- Isaiah 6:9
[3] Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed." - Isaiah 6:10
Great post!

One which shows just how afraid religious leaders were of believers asking questions.

Here are a few more:

"Empty your minds of secular knowledge." - John Chrysostom, Holy Hierarch of Constantinople

"Scripture gives no false information." - St Augustine of Hippo

"Since God has spoken to us it is no longer necessary for us to think." - St Augustine of Hippo

"Ignorance is the mother of piety" -Pope Gregory I

It's easy to see how believers were brainwashed people with those sort of teachings.

Of course, if you were a thinker and had your own healthy scepticism to observe, you were an enemy of Christianity and something that had to be suppressed at all costs.

Location hidden

#554067 Jul 4, 2013
<quoted text>

I'm afraid that you mangled that one, too. The meaning of the sentence is self-evident. He didn't refer to heterosexuals in that sentence.
Neither did I

This explains why you are where you are "doctor". Your pride just refuses to admit when you are wrong. It can't be any more obvious/ Again this is what the author stated

"That for the percentage of homosexuals in the general population, there is a disproportionately high rate of pedophiles"

He is not saying homosexual pedophile molest kids more than non-pedophile homosexuals. There is no mention of heterosexuals in here either.

What he is saying is that for the percentage of homosexuals in the general population (normally estimated to be 10%) the rate of homosexuals that are pedophiles is much higher.

Don't you get it? If who became a pedophile was equal across the board, one would expect to find basically a proportionate percentage of pedophiles as any group makes up in the population.

For example, if 5 out of every hundred people are pedophiles on average, then one would expect 5% of any group to be pedophiles across the board. But he is saying the percentage of homosexuals that are pedophiles is much higher than that

Do your ego the only thing it may be capable of and don't respond if you are gonna keep arguing something you are clearly wrong on. Because I doubt you are ever capable of admitting you are wrong

Location hidden

#554068 Jul 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The posts you missed will be repeated again...and again...and again....LOL
Doing good...the new home is in a peaceful area (compared to alot of traffic and noise)....When I mis that I just drive down on the beach.
You will be off the whole month of July right?....Enjoy the time....Take care
Yeah I am sure I can catch them next time around! LOL

Yeah I am off this whole month, it has been great. It ironically is why I haven't been posting that much. I actually have time to do things!

See ya soon

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#554069 Jul 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....Don't bring up the Icon Fairy...Its a "Touchy" subject....
My daily bestowment (or "crowning") is "SPAM...CLUELESS...and NUTS"
LOL
I think "Pepe" (Mike) is doing the morning ones...
:-)
Heh

His interest in you and the crazy amount of them getting up to 15-20 rounds made me think the same thing:)

Location hidden

#554070 Jul 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep putting this back onto me for some reason.
You have proof the icons are now being given by Mike?
Did he admit to them? For just last week you had it all figured out as being two other posters.
How are you comfortable in throwing names out the way you are?
You are coming pretty close to what Skom does in slandering others.
I find it unfair and as ugly as 99% of Skom's posts.
Not sure why the icons bother you so, I find it silly and a waste of time to acknowledge them..
Just my opinion , of course, and will let it rest at that.
Can you walk to the beach? So glad you love your new home.
Please give Kay my best, I think of her and 70's often..
Take care- wishing you a happy 4th.
I think it is funny how much time you spend telling others what a waste of time it is to talk about icons! LOL

I love how half your post is nasty and then you end it like a completely different person

Did you pass out from when you started posting it or was this all at once and people are supposed to believe you are sincere?

Location hidden

#554071 Jul 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
That helps you- with what-
With icons being given on wsjlm by someone you have no idea who is giving them?
You are a perpetual victim..
Do you have any Victory, Joy, Strength in your religion?.
Here you are spending more time telling people they shouldn't waste time talking about icons!

And somebody mentioning icons means they have no joy in their life? You are such a goofball. Then what does that say for person constantly talking about icons to people talking about icons?

Location hidden

#554072 Jul 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>

Its just ICONS....nothing to get upset over.....I was just stating an observation (which bothered you)
I may talk about the icons every day now....LOL
~snicker

Make sure to clear it with the icon Nazi

:)

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#554073 Jul 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hey!!
Good to see you Judy!!
I have been thinking about you. A post from HFN actually is what triggered it but was hoping you would show up at some point
Yeah its fourth of July every day in here
~snicker
So happy to see you posting!
(T) Peace
We're getting ready to go to family for a cook out, I'll take a walk back thru when I get a bit more time -- GOoD to see you holding down the fort or I should say holding up the fort LOL --

I'll check in later -- TLC - Judy

Location hidden

#554074 Jul 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about them all day long. That's just what whom ever is giving them wants you to do.
Make them a part of your morning ritual.. I don't care either way..
You obviously do. Every time she mentions them you pop up to ask her why she is talking about them

You need a life

Location hidden

#554075 Jul 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>

Religion kills the human spirit.
Yet you quoted the Bible for four years

We get it. You want the new atheist crowd to accept you with open arms

Can't you kiss up to them by t-mail?

Besides think of it this way, somewhere down the line when you do a 180 again you will have less posts showing it:)

Location hidden

#554076 Jul 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
-and to Serah:
As I am signing off for the day.;
I just want to add- the wsjlm posters who have left here- have done so on their own accord.
You need to stop blaming the new posters for that.
What?

LOL

You have blamed me for why pretty much every poster on Topix has ever decided to stop posting

Now its on them?

Oh wait, a chance to do a 180 to suck up to a new group is your forte'

Carry on:)

Location hidden

#554077 Jul 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Owls have always preferred "who". In fact, I have never heard one use "whom" in my life.
LOL

That would freak me out!

Location hidden

#554078 Jul 4, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
We're getting ready to go to family for a cook out, I'll take a walk back thru when I get a bit more time -- GOoD to see you holding down the fort or I should say holding up the fort LOL --
I'll check in later -- TLC - Judy
LOL

Probably depends on one's point of view! I have a feeling those two options are in everyone's choices!

Look forward to seeing ya soon. Hope you have some good food and a great time:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 min Classic 3,684
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min VIKING 48,727
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 10 min KellyP_Onuandher 2,059
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min Joe Fortuna 971,681
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 41 min WasteWater 105,615
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Yellow Star 182,650
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Voyeur 38,754
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Rosesz 646,602
More from around the web