Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#554070 Jul 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep putting this back onto me for some reason.
You have proof the icons are now being given by Mike?
Did he admit to them? For just last week you had it all figured out as being two other posters.
How are you comfortable in throwing names out the way you are?
You are coming pretty close to what Skom does in slandering others.
I find it unfair and as ugly as 99% of Skom's posts.
Not sure why the icons bother you so, I find it silly and a waste of time to acknowledge them..
Just my opinion , of course, and will let it rest at that.
Can you walk to the beach? So glad you love your new home.
Please give Kay my best, I think of her and 70's often..
Take care- wishing you a happy 4th.
I think it is funny how much time you spend telling others what a waste of time it is to talk about icons! LOL

I love how half your post is nasty and then you end it like a completely different person

Did you pass out from when you started posting it or was this all at once and people are supposed to believe you are sincere?

Location hidden

#554071 Jul 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
That helps you- with what-
With icons being given on wsjlm by someone you have no idea who is giving them?
You are a perpetual victim..
Do you have any Victory, Joy, Strength in your religion?.
Here you are spending more time telling people they shouldn't waste time talking about icons!

And somebody mentioning icons means they have no joy in their life? You are such a goofball. Then what does that say for person constantly talking about icons to people talking about icons?

Location hidden

#554072 Jul 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>

Its just ICONS....nothing to get upset over.....I was just stating an observation (which bothered you)
I may talk about the icons every day now....LOL
~snicker

Make sure to clear it with the icon Nazi

:)

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#554073 Jul 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hey!!
Good to see you Judy!!
I have been thinking about you. A post from HFN actually is what triggered it but was hoping you would show up at some point
Yeah its fourth of July every day in here
~snicker
So happy to see you posting!
(T) Peace
We're getting ready to go to family for a cook out, I'll take a walk back thru when I get a bit more time -- GOoD to see you holding down the fort or I should say holding up the fort LOL --

I'll check in later -- TLC - Judy

Location hidden

#554074 Jul 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about them all day long. That's just what whom ever is giving them wants you to do.
Make them a part of your morning ritual.. I don't care either way..
You obviously do. Every time she mentions them you pop up to ask her why she is talking about them

You need a life

Location hidden

#554075 Jul 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>

Religion kills the human spirit.
Yet you quoted the Bible for four years

We get it. You want the new atheist crowd to accept you with open arms

Can't you kiss up to them by t-mail?

Besides think of it this way, somewhere down the line when you do a 180 again you will have less posts showing it:)

Location hidden

#554076 Jul 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
-and to Serah:
As I am signing off for the day.;
I just want to add- the wsjlm posters who have left here- have done so on their own accord.
You need to stop blaming the new posters for that.
What?

LOL

You have blamed me for why pretty much every poster on Topix has ever decided to stop posting

Now its on them?

Oh wait, a chance to do a 180 to suck up to a new group is your forte'

Carry on:)

Location hidden

#554077 Jul 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Owls have always preferred "who". In fact, I have never heard one use "whom" in my life.
LOL

That would freak me out!

Location hidden

#554078 Jul 4, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
We're getting ready to go to family for a cook out, I'll take a walk back thru when I get a bit more time -- GOoD to see you holding down the fort or I should say holding up the fort LOL --
I'll check in later -- TLC - Judy
LOL

Probably depends on one's point of view! I have a feeling those two options are in everyone's choices!

Look forward to seeing ya soon. Hope you have some good food and a great time:)
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#554079 Jul 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure your problems are with Christians
You are a bigot an an a$$hole to people of faith...what do you expect?
But most of us don't bother arguing the faith with you.
I simply don't like you because I don't like bigots. You could hate blacks instead of Christians and I wouldn't like you for that reason. I'm not too picky on the reasons. I just am not partial to bigots who seek out people to force their bigotry on them
this guy from mexican slums is not only bigot,but simple cyber insultive old coward,not worth even to respond to him,just POS

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#554080 Jul 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I figure , because religion dictates what one should believe is right for their own soul,
Their own heart and their own happiness..
The women Epi was speaking of - wore their hair the same (prudent), wore no jewelry - etc..
Do you honestly believe their spirits weren't crushed by their religion??
The way I see it, Christianity 'dictates' to live happily, to be friends with your neighbors and enemies, to love as much as possible and that actions always have consequences.

What's so bad about that?

Location hidden

#554081 Jul 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure your problems are with Christians
You are a bigot an an a$$hole to people of faith...what do you expect?
But most of us don't bother arguing the faith with you.
I simply don't like you because I don't like bigots. You could hate blacks instead of Christians and I wouldn't like you for that reason. I'm not too picky on the reasons. I just am not partial to bigots who seek out people to force their bigotry on them
Three rounds since my last post!

It is always just enough to overturn the positives!

Oh wait, I didn't ask permission of the icon Nazi to talk about icons!

LOL

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#554082 Jul 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Church of Catcher, remember?
Best Happy Hour in town.
And never any god!
LMAO!

I'll bet there's a blank picture frame with the word "henry" written on it and "never any god!" inscribed on the bottom, huh?

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#554083 Jul 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How many months have you lived in America now, Latka? Don't they use question marks in Polish - or whatever language your mother taught you?
ask your god Dawkins maybe he will reveal you by diging in iown s...
who tought my mother?
if I live in America or not this is not your fricking business you poor troll

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#554084 Jul 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Why are you asking me?
Please help me with something if you will be so kind:¿Do you choose your punctuation at random!!
I never asked anything from scumbags like you

my punctuations encourage you to take care only your own business and your own wife a...
and stop to be cyber insultive POS
such creatures like you mostly in daily lifes are traitors, Liars,and cowards

I always sweet them out,like worthless trush from my back yard

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#554086 Jul 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I guess that depends on your view.
It isn't >that< big of a deal anyway, as far as anything Russell said. I'm not much about any of the "atheist celebrities", past or present.
They have some good observations and such, but I've found much of it is things I'd already concluded myself, just in different words.
I do like Victor Stenger, however. He's got some good stuff.
My point was anything the bible references, as far as humanity and the human condition(what is good, beneficial, intelligence, knowledge etc...), and what is positive, is self referencing.
Yes, but your location says "Russell's Teapot"....

So you clearly like the dude and what his thoughts were.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#554087 Jul 4, 2013
[1] "Reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed. Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense & understanding. Whatever it sees must be put out of sight with nothing but the word of god remaining in view.- To be a christian, you must pluck out the eye of reason." - Martin Luther

[1] For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." - 1 Corinthians 1:19

[2] He said, "Go and tell this people: "'Be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing, but never perceiving.”- Isaiah 6:9

[3] Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed." - Isaiah 6:10
How can people claim we attack their belief when it does such a great job at convincing telling it is nonsensical.
Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written (Isaiah 29:14):

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”[c]

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written:“Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”
This contains all the brilliance of Roman mob control. Tell the mob they are gods chosen ones, because this god prefers the real low lives because they are not as conceited as the wise and intelligent. Make the evil believe that their evilness makes them better then other people, if they confess it, as this makes them more honest. You really have to be demoniacally clever to invent something like this.

What we read her is the total destruction of wisdom and replacement with lies.

Location hidden

#554089 Jul 4, 2013
Edit Ian's

Let me illustrate this in an easier

On the high end it is estimated 5% of the population are pedophiles

If that number held consistent across demographics one would expect to see about 5% of any group to be pedophiles

Gays comprise a guesstimate of 10% of the population. So out of 330 million people, 33 million are gay

Out of that 33 million, to be on par with national averages, 5% would be pedophiles. If it is higher and a lot higher than the question becomes "why"

I used to argue that it was no more likely for a pedophile to be gay than to be straight. But for that to be meaningful, gay would have to comprise of half the population and the other half straight.

If you have the same amount of pedophiles that are gay as you have that are straight, but gay only makes up 10% of the population, than that is disproportionately high.

And that is what that statement was saying. I just wanted to be clear I'm not comparing 5% to 10% but rather saying out of that 10%(33 million) only 5% should be pedophiles to be in line with national averages

Location hidden

#554091 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I see it, Christianity 'dictates' to live happily, to be friends with your neighbors and enemies, to love as much as possible and that actions always have consequences.
What's so bad about that?
For four years she found nothing wrong with it. Or so she claimed. I have known otherwise for years. Just as I knew until she had a new group to jump to she would never admit it. Yet she still won't confirm if she believes the Bible or in Jesus. I mention this just so you will know why you can't go on any response. My guess is despite the slams on the faith, she will still manage to straddle the fence. She will be sure not alienate potential allies in the future. It is things one can take into consideration when being truthful about who they are isn't one of them.

Have a good 4th RR

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#554093 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but your location says "Russell's Teapot"....
So you clearly like the dude and what his thoughts were.
It just happens to be a good and popular illustration of the unfalsifiable claims of the theist made for deities, that's easily available to be looked for on the internet, nothing more.

Within your mind a god exists. It has qualities you have assigned to it. No matter how you want to insist that whatever god you imagine exists, that god is no different than any god that has been envisioned during mans history of god belief, or magical teapot(S) in some random orbit that I could insist are there, too.

I could even say that the teapot rules an afterlife, or controls other things you never imagined. It's a figurative device for thought and illustration.

But I don't insist the teapot exists.

No more than I insist your deity wears high heels, carries a large handbag and looks like Phyllis Diller on a bad day. I could insist that, and there is nothing you could do to negate my assertion.

Sure, you could say "my deity DOESN'T look like Phyllis Diller, damn you!"

Prove it.

God(S), Leprechauns, Celestial Teapot(S), The Phyllis Diller deity™.

All the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Tellthetruth 989,820
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 19 min NotSoDivineMsM 42,437
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 31 min bietxcpl4cpls 547
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min hojo 690,577
servpro sucks (Apr '08) 51 min Susan 37
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 10
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Johnny 636
More from around the web