Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#553949 Jul 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the Christian interpretation. Yes.
A Jew would read that as:
1: Stupid people make mistakes that can make the them utterly miserable.
2: Grieving and mourning is a universal human experience.
3: Be careful of that voice in your head telling you to do things you know you shouldn't do and will regret for the rest of your life.(AKA Satan)
4: The people who give in to their animal instincts will have miserable lives while those who moderate their desires will usually be happy and pleasant.
5: Some mistakes in life are irreversible, the consequences will ruin your entire life.
One can take the words literally like a Christian or not. I choose not to. The 'Jewish' interpretation makes a whole lot more sense and actually is useful 'here and now'.
Recall that in the book, Jesus says he talks in parables, not literally.
Entire life meaning eternal life?

"5: Some mistakes in life are irreversible, the consequences will ruin your entire life."

What of the future of the Soul G? What do the Jews think the Soul will do when it leaves the body, if indeed mistakes made in life are irreversible, and the consequences will ruin your entire life.

Where do the Jews think the Soul (or Ghost) of Abraham went?
"Genesis 25:8 Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people."

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#553950 Jul 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No.... you are right, the postings are down like rude, just like the one you have written here, on many occasions and many just don't post here anymore,'cause they are down and out sick of it. Others hang around to keep the forum of JW going in remembrance of the other forums we ran from, only to be followed by those and others as it is today. So be it ~ mock away, taunt away, we are expecting it.
JESUS was a JEWISH Rabbi, why would you think that would be an insult to a Christian? We don't know who from what Flock will hear the voice of JESUS at what time of period in their realm they are in ~ it appears that it may only happen as some give up their ghost that they hear HIS voice and see HIS Light, but for others, HE just is.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS was a JEWISH Rabbi,
Jesus is a dead Jewish Rabbi.

Jesus is a long dead Jewish Rabbi.

Should I use more adjectives?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#553951 Jul 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote, "to spell cities in mexiacan(not spanish) languae is not proff that you know mexican language
just stop deceive yourselelves SANTA Cruix in spanish is Holy Cross, in spanish Cruix is Cross,not your fake claim Las Cruces(criminal spanic slang)"

Another underdeveloped mind for Jesus. How does somebody like you come to criticize anybody else's language skills?

Not every Christian in this thread is an idiot, but every idiot is a Christian.
I'm more baffled that he thinks "Mexican" and "Spanish" are two different languages.

Montreal

#553952 Jul 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Which is why I claim as much divine authority as the Bible (and any man since time began) regarding "God".

I hereby grant you and everyone else the same divine authority.

After all, the Bible says I am a God.
I'm a god now, hurrah!
Thank you, oh great and powerful one!

Montreal

#553953 Jul 4, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>Don't read,and don't respond
I exclude all of you from any debates, advices and poor low inteligent trolls like you?

I write according to my desires not yours,anyway you doesn't exist in my divine circle

this topisc is on the worldwide Forum spken people a lot of different languages, if you don't like it?
just don't read.don't advice. don't respond and go to pentacost church hell being slain in spirit
What did all that even mean?
You're just shouting out random bundles of words like the crazy thing you are.

Montreal

#553954 Jul 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah ~ I keep hearing how good life is now compared to the good old days. If people can't see that things have got out of control, due to the interference of man(kind) then they are deluding themselves.

We are killing off everything ~ and there is no plan to stop. In fact, there are more plans to kill more things and in a much more hurried time.

If Earth is billions of trillions years old, then man(kind) have become pretty damned stupid over the last 100 years or so, and they haven't even grown out of wars. They just make bigger, better more easily killier guns and munitions, and it is just accepted.

They are ruining space now, and it is just accepted.

Too bad someone didn't call a stop to these when they had the chance; in one of those fancy meetings where they all get together to plan out our futures.
Yes, some things we do are hurting the planet, but it's still a better day than "the good old days," for people have more access to their basic rights.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#553955 Jul 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to Church with my parents on Easter Sunday. We got dressed, looked at each other, well, they looked at me and said, "OK, let's go".
We got in the car and we passed 3 churches before we got to Church. I swallowed a question.
I was pretty good in church. I picked out one woman and I stared at her from beginning to end.
She kept trying to avoid my stare.
I remember you said your parents came over for Easter and you went to church for them. I do not go to any church nor practice Easter nor Christmas. But what you did was kind for your parents sake and that is honorable.
I can believe you swallowed hard tho... and you are as naughty as me when it comes to staring somebody out! lol
http://www.cutecaptions.com/2012/08/hey-what-...
... when do you start your next trip?
Take Care River. Catchu next time round. <3

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#553956 Jul 4, 2013
Part 1 of 2
trifecta1 wrote:
Earthiness?? oy!lol! I like how you use it. Well this is very important distinction how a Christian should view the "World" and how they should view the "Earth"
Yeshua and his Disciple made it clear how His followers should deal with the world"
John 15:19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
1st John 2:15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. Psalm 57:11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your glory be over all the earth!
So you see, Christians have to be careful how they interact with the world and the things of the world. But the Earth, is the Glory of YHWH. And we can enjoy this earth as much or even more than any atheist or any unbeliever.
There is a lot the Christian can do to enjoy themselves on Earth. I hear from people sometime how Christian life boring..I no know what they talking about. There is hundreds of ways a Christian can enjoy they existence in Jesus Christ while they on this earth without engaging in sin.
Ja, I am very aware of,'in the world but not of it'! As for boring? Wow... I would hate to think what exciting is! lol
My experience on this earth has been how much my life has moved among many folk from all walks, and ja, I learned there were many religions with many believers, plus folk who didn't join any nor believe in God. But my lot has always been to do the will of my Father in heaven, so nothing phased me, and that is what annoyed any. Sure, I was accustomed to being cast out for my beliefs - very much a Jesus Follower - named Christianity at some point in time. There is not an interrogation I have not been put through long before this thread, but have never seen so much hatred for 'religion' out of a supposed to be Christian country. Nor have I seen so much discord or personal attacks... even by Christian egos.
Personally I am at peace with 'the bride' within all this turmoil, regardless of how cults have sprung up to try and reduce even that to an insult, and will stand by what is left of this. For these words have summed up my life...
“But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and drank up the river which the dragon poured out of his mouth. So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.” Revelation 12:16-17
But the victory of overcoming is this...
"Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready." Revelation 19:7
… and the end result...
“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.” The Spirit and the bride say,“Come.” And let the one who hears say,“Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost. Revelation 22:16-17
All Jesus said was “Follow me”... and I did. I have no regrets about that. In short, the earth to me has been kind, and I love it as a planet, but it has been people - Christian included - who have not been.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#553957 Jul 4, 2013
Part 2 of 2
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
iyai!...no give up europe yet lol. I believe there will be a revival and awakening to Jesus Christ in europe.
Because europeans starting to get scared of Islam and they afraid that Islam out to run over europe. So many of them starting to wake up and see that if they don't stand for something, they going to get run over.
And the only force in the world that can stand up to Islam, is Christianity.
Islam will beat and scare the crap out of atheists because they know atheists scared to die. But they know many Christians won't run. They know there are many Christians that will stand up to them.
So keep you eye on europe. You may be surprised what happen on that continent in the next 5yrs or so.
Fear not my friend, time will tell all... was sharing my thoughts on the old Gothic buildings!
My experience has been very different with the Islamic community. They do not have to be Muslim to be fanatic but can be Christian as well. Enemies are a lot like one another in reality, and only beliefs differ. I was appalled to learn of what even the Spanish did in the name of Christianity, and as history repeats itself over and over, it is only now, today that concerns me. History is exactly that, and what is done - right or wrong - is done. To not move forward is a waste of time and energy. However mankind interprets truth, eventually that which is beginning and end - Alpha and Omega - must culminate in what it was intended to be.
And Ja... will as I always do, keep watch! Europe has much to answer for when it comes to what is now called the new world since those dark days!

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#553958 Jul 4, 2013
@ trifecta1
Topix playing up...
Part 1 didn't take ? Sorry if double up!

Location hidden

#553959 Jul 4, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember you said your parents came over for Easter and you went to church for them. I do not go to any church nor practice Easter nor Christmas. But what you did was kind for your parents sake and that is honorable.
I can believe you swallowed hard tho... and you are as naughty as me when it comes to staring somebody out! lol
http://www.cutecaptions.com/2012/08/hey-what-...
... when do you start your next trip?
Take Care River. Catchu next time round. <3
She just thought I was staring at her.

Her big head was right in the way of the clock that I was trying to stare at.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#553960 Jul 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
If people can't see that things have got out of control, due to the interference of man(kind) then they are deluding themselves. We are killing off everything ~ and there is no plan to stop. In fact, there are more plans to kill more things and in a much more hurried time.
We should be grateful to you Christians for repeatedly reminding us about what almost nobody else sees - the abject failure that mankind is, the cesspool that the world has become under his direction since he tamed fire and invented the wheel, and the hopelessness of man ever doing any better. Man is useless,and without such extreme Christian pessimism, nihilism and misanthropy, we might forget that, or even mistakenly view the world with hope.

But Jesus knows better. There is no hope for the world or mankind except for those that kneel before him and beg him not to torture us for eternity.

Thank you for repeatedly straightening us out.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#553961 Jul 4, 2013

H_A_P_P_Y

F_O_U_R_T_H

of

J_U_L_Y

(or Independance Day)

“The only escape from the miseries of life
are music and cats.”

~ Albert Schweitzer

Thought for the Day

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#553962 Jul 4, 2013
Happy 4th of July there USA! It's almost history here. 11 pm Thus 4th. Be Safe and be happy! G'night.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#553963 Jul 4, 2013
If you are offended with Prayer....Please "scroll" on by

~A Fourth fo July Prayer~
We lift up our hearts, O God, on this day of celebration
in gratitude for the gift of being Americans.

We rejoice with all those who share
in the great dream of freedom and dignity for all.

With flags and feasting, with family and friends,
we salute those who have sacrificed that we might have the opportunity to bring to fulfillment our many God-given gifts.

As we deny all prejudice a place in our hearts,
may we also clearly declare our intention to work for the time when all people, regardless of race, religion or sex, will be granted equal dignity and worth.

Come, O gracious God,
who led your children Israel from slavery, keep us free from all that might hold us in bondage.

Bless our country and join our simple celebration
that we may praise you, our Source of freedom, the One in whom we place our trust.

Be with America Dear Lord!!

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#553964 Jul 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>And we can thank GOD that stupid man made laws are being changed ~ although there are some simply amazing things go on in law, as we all know. The big old $ sign just smacks you in the face when you tackle that old topic.
We just hate the fact that JESUS was killed ~ but love the fact that JESUS knowingly came down here, knowing HIS fate, and holding the hand of our HEAVENLY FATHER closely to HIS Heart during the short years of HIS life.
I just love JESUS ~(haha, just had a trip down memory lane to another forum where someone wrote they had JESUS everywhere.... might try and dig it up from the old days and bring it forward) and don't really care what others think about HIM. If they can't see HIM for what HE is and was, then they need to open their eyes. They won't shut mine :)
That makes two of us 4 Jesus! God Bless you Serah... you need a ~~ HUG~~(((*()*) xxx

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#553965 Jul 4, 2013
Encouraging words....

The Spirit of the LORD is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free.

Luke 4:18

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#553966 Jul 4, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Happy 4th of July there USA! It's almost history here. 11 pm Thus 4th. Be Safe and be happy! G'night.
Thank you PW.....

Flitter away...:-)

God Bless you and your family

SHALOM

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#553967 Jul 4, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Loving and caring is the key to life, and its influences are those that move the world.
A caring child contest was won by a 4-year old little boy. His next-door neighbor was an ederly gentleman, who had recently lost his wife.
Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.
When his Mother asked him what he had said to the neighbor man, the little boy said " Nothing, I just sat on his lap and helped him cry".
.. you won't find your spiritual self at a football game or the throngs of people in Times Square. Listen to the trees grow, a puppy chase a ball or the clouds move across the sky ..

.. in this silence, this aloneness, you begin to understand words, the God within ..

.. while reading your post, my eyes misted. Thank you ..

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#553968 Jul 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
H_A_P_P_Y
F_O_U_R_T_H
of
J_U_L_Y
(or Independance Day)
“The only escape from the miseries of life
are music and cats.”
~ Albert Schweitzer
Thought for the Day
“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
Apple Inc.
Happy 4th 2U2 >>>Epi<<<
What do you dod on this day ?
Shalom and God Bless... I'm off to bed.(((*()*)) xx

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Doctor Justice_ 881,572
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 25 min WasteWater 6,416
There Is Nothing Wrong With Abortion! (Jul '07) 27 min Gods_Ass 36,986
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min oxbow 603,769
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Into The Night 4,142
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 8,397
I need an urgent loan in the next hour (Oct '13) 1 hr nelly 16
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr sangili karuppan 7,700
More from around the web