Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#554030 Jul 4, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
sorry it is you who expose your own low IQ?
How many months have you lived in America now, Latka? Don't they use question marks in Polish - or whatever language your mother taught you?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#554031 Jul 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you might like them....Google him
I have.
Thanks Epi.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#554032 Jul 4, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not how my mind thinks at all. If I know something I will not ask. If I wish to learn something I will ask. I don't understand the logic of the way you think I might think, if that is based on how Christians are supposed to think... I cannot even begin to fathom such a thought as... "you want to make us believe." ? How can anyone make a person believe ? That's really weird.
Nothing wrong in sharing anything of the faith in a faith based thread. We always have, including bible... or even the weather. regardless of who it is read by. Of course it is a public room/thread. What else if topix ?
If you are concerned about public health there are enough forums for those subjects. I think that's a joke analogy as a health hazard...
If you would rather I didn't speak more with you just say so, as that is easily fixed. The rest was an honest question from me, and your assumption of my motives or thoughts was wrong. I just didn't know that an Atheist or what they term a non believer is only against Christianity, so asked?
But Ja, we both know the meaning of agree to disagree when it comes to Jesus, and if that is your only concern, guess that's your problem not mine.
I am glad that is out the way

Just warning against this expensive afterlife insurance that comes with a brainwash. Nothing personal against the brainwashed, who are turned into sales people and are basically victims themselves.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#554033 Jul 4, 2013
You're just not getting it.....
Mark wrote:
- how can Paul change the words of God and undo what Jesus promised?
What words did Paul change? Your questions are very vague.
Why did the disciples of Jesus it not worth writing his words down as most Jews were literate
Who says they didn't? Why are you assuming they didn't?
Why did they wait 300 years to make a compilation of Jesus words.
Because most people back then were 100% illiterate, they couldn't even write their own names.
Why did Jesus use tricks that can easily be faked by magicians but not something that no man could ever fake.
I've yet to see a magician bring a man back from the dead or make a blind man see. Have you?
why did the holy ghost not simply enter in the mind of all people?
That would negate our free will to choose. God doesn't coerce anyone to do anything.
Why would the God of the Universe bother about us.
Because He created us and see us as His children.
And why would even bother to punish the particles who do not believe in him.
God punishes no one. Where do you get that from?
why would he only show interest after billions of years of life on this planet and after man was walking around for millions of years?
Nobody will agree with you that man has been walking around for "millions of years"...
And why are churches always want to collect money?
Because they don't charge for their services and they still have bills to pay.
Just questions any normal free thinking person should ask when someone wants to sell him this religious product, that is mostly a story.
And they're also just some vague questions that have been answered a million times over.

Also, why don't you try just asking a question instead of asking a question and then putting your own answer right after it?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#554034 Jul 4, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I am sister bro, and will try again to rest. 2am Fri.
Oh sorry, sister. lol, I didn't know.

2am? Are you in Guam, New Guinea? Tasmania?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#554035 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you figure?
I figure , because religion dictates what one should believe is right for their own soul,
Their own heart and their own happiness..

The women Epi was speaking of - wore their hair the same (prudent), wore no jewelry - etc..
Do you honestly believe their spirits weren't crushed by their religion??

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#554036 Jul 4, 2013
Mark wrote:
I am glad that is out the way
Just warning against this expensive afterlife insurance that comes with a brainwash. Nothing personal against the brainwashed, who are turned into sales people and are basically victims themselves.
"Expensive"??

How much do you think it costs??

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#554037 Jul 4, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not how my mind thinks at all. If I know something I will not ask. If I wish to learn something I will ask. I don't understand the logic of the way you think I might think, if that is based on how Christians are supposed to think... I cannot even begin to fathom such a thought as... "you want to make us believe." ? How can anyone make a person believe ? That's really weird.
Nothing wrong in sharing anything of the faith in a faith based thread. We always have, including bible... or even the weather. regardless of who it is read by. Of course it is a public room/thread. What else if topix ?
If you are concerned about public health there are enough forums for those subjects. I think that's a joke analogy as a health hazard...
If you would rather I didn't speak more with you just say so, as that is easily fixed. The rest was an honest question from me, and your assumption of my motives or thoughts was wrong. I just didn't know that an Atheist or what they term a non believer is only against Christianity, so asked?
But Ja, we both know the meaning of agree to disagree when it comes to Jesus, and if that is your only concern, guess that's your problem not mine.
.. in his post, Mark makes a claim ..
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>See it like this. You are promoting an inferior product that is health hazard in the media, and i am defending consumer interests by putting up warning signs. It is an act of true Love, not mercy.
.. he thinks or believes his spiritual system is better than yours so the burden of proof is on Mark, not you. Unless he can produce tangible evidence, his claim is superfluous ..

Fennario

#554038 Jul 4, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
What is your urgency to try and make any believe or not?
Hello, Peace Warrior. Long time.

There is no urgency. I'm just trying to do my part to help every skeptic and believer I can, both in the same way: by sharing insights about the problems with Christianity and with faith.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Surely everyone has a right one way or the other, even as you and thousands of others - religious or not - do.
A right to believe one way or the other? Agreed. Do you think that critiquing your beliefs violates that right?
Peace_Warrior wrote:
or is it just the Christian faith which concerns you the most? Just wondering...
Just" the Christian faith? How many faiths do you think could concern me the most? And yes, of course it is Christianity. And I'll bet that you can you guess why it's Christianity and not say Jainism, Druidism, Caodaism or Bahá'í?

I consider the Christian church to be destruct and parasitic. I'd like to see that change. It's not going to ever stop being that, so it must be shrunken and the remnant discredited. That's what I believe.

You just reminded us that we each have a right to believe one way or the other, and I would add that as long as we do so legally and morally, we have the right to act on those beliefs.

Do you disagree?

Location hidden

#554039 Jul 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No.... you are right, the postings are down like rude, just like the one you have written here, on many occasions and many just don't post here anymore,'cause they are down and out sick of it. Others hang around to keep the forum of JW going in remembrance of the other forums we ran from, only to be followed by those and others as it is today. So be it ~ mock away, taunt away, we are expecting it.
JESUS was a JEWISH Rabbi, why would you think that would be an insult to a Christian? We don't know who from what Flock will hear the voice of JESUS at what time of period in their realm they are in ~ it appears that it may only happen as some give up their ghost that they hear HIS voice and see HIS Light, but for others, HE just is.
A few weeks ago -I went back ,at least four years , on this thread..
There has always been turmoil on here .. You claiming otherwise is deceitful.

When I came here, you weren't here yourself. There were Christian posters who disagreed with what
You preach.. Correct??
So, you stayed away and posted on other threads- right??

You claim this thread as your own- yet it's not yours or anyone else's..
I would much rather read what the "unbelievers " have to say- than the bs. The "believers" spew..

Fennario

#554040 Jul 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure those verses are exclusive to "biblical" knowledge or instruction as it pertain to religious belief. RiversideRedneck used the ESV translation on the last verse, and that raises a flag. So, now I have to look at "context" and other translations...
RiversideRedneck wrote: Proverbs 1:5 Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance
TNK Proverbs 1:5 -- The wise man, hearing them, will gain more wisdom; The discerning man will learn to be adroit; (Pro 1:5 TNK)
NIV Proverbs 1:5 let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance--(Pro 1:5 NIV)
Interesting, this follows the above:
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and discipline.(Pro 1:7 TNK)
http://biblehub.com/proverbs/1.htm
RiversideRedneck wrote: Proverbs 18:15 An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.
TNK Proverbs 18:15 The mind of an intelligent man acquires knowledge; The ears of the wise seek out knowledge.(Pro 18:15 TNK)
NIV Proverbs 18:15 The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge; the ears of the wise seek it out.(Pro 18:15 NIV)
Proverbs 18:15 is part of a set of general instructions, much like The Instructions to Shurrupak.
http://biblehub.com/proverbs/18.htm
RiversideRedneck wrote: Titus 2:1 But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine.
NIV Titus 2:1 You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine.(Tit 2:1 NIV)
CJB Titus 2:1 But you, explain what kind of behavior goes along with sound teaching.(Tit 2:1 CJB)
This is also in Titus 2: Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.(Tit 2:9,10 NIV) http://biblehub.com/titus/2.htm
RiversideRedneck wrote: Proverbs 10:17 ESV / 45 helpful votes
Whoever heeds instruction is on the path to life, but he who rejects reproof leads others astray.
He who follows discipline shows the way to life, But he who ignores reproof leads astray.(Pro 10:17 TNK)
He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.(Pro 10:17 NIV)
Also in Proverbs 10: The fear of the LORD adds length to life, but the years of the wicked are cut short.(Pro 10:27 NIV)
http://biblehub.com/proverbs/10.htm
mhmmm... They all relate to the "wisdom" of the "god", or bible.
None relate to Pi.
Pretty much what I expected.
I was going to just provide alternate translations taken from BibleWorks, but then I figured it'd be best to reference to the books/chapters/verse being examined, so they were linked @ http://biblehub.com/
Thanks for the scholarship there. ESV a red flag, huh? You know a lot more about the various renderings than I do.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#554041 Jul 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You just noticed that ? LOL
Nah, just decided to start calling it as it is :P

Fennario

#554042 Jul 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
Hell is not knowing GOD
If that's all it is, then it's nothing. I'm there right now, and I can assure you that it is quite pleasant.

Montreal

#554043 Jul 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Whispers follows the word of men - the ones she trusts, which are the Christian ones. And they tell her that she is following a god.
Even if a god wrote the original text, the god is not here to tell us he did. She has only the words of men who heard from other men, in a chain of men over a hundred generations long spanning nearly two millennia that the book was written by a god. And she only has their word that they haven't tampered with it over the ages. She follows those men, and men preaching the book today.
In the end, though Whispers may thing that she is rejecting the word of men and accepting the word of her god, she has only the word of men that that is so. She cannot help but follow man's word first, even if all he tells her to obey her bible.
She has no choice but to follow men, men whom she hopes are leading her to a god.
True, all true.
As goes with most other Christians too.

Montreal

#554044 Jul 4, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
rather you are crazy and insane gay
instead seating on the lap of your gay husband and play with his d...
you enter this place with your chicken brain,dung posts, and respond to someone who never asked you to respond
Assembly of Saints exlude you from any valuable creature,
you are moral dung, and insultive lost creature worse from rats,
yours everyday is worth s... sucks,and is miserable,
only internet can make delay this miseary till next post
How much worthy are your posts and you two weeks ago?????
nothing worth,nothing valuable, nobody even knows what a BS you were talking about 2 days ago-you poor immoral scum
Once again, crazy babble that I can't decipher.
Speak English if you want to be understood.
We know not your "language."

Montreal

#554045 Jul 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
My topix "experience" has also colored my view on " believers"..
Another great post!
You are speaking the truth.. And I am happy you are here.
Happy Independence Day..
I heard a joke a few hours ago about Independence Day.
"The British version is 'Happy good ridance day.'"

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#554046 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you go to a Pinto coastal church?
The Holy Church of Catcher, remember?

Best Happy Hour in town.

And never any god!

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#554047 Jul 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
"She has no choice but to follow men, men whom she hopes are leading her to a god."
I think that I just muffed a who/whom choice. Catcher - what say you?
Whom is grammatically correct, but awkward.

Who has become acceptable today.

Location hidden

#554048 Jul 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
A few weeks ago -I went back ,at least four years , on this thread..
There has always been turmoil on here .. You claiming otherwise is deceitful.
When I came here, you weren't here yourself. There were Christian posters who disagreed with what
You preach.. Correct??
So, you stayed away and posted on other threads- right??
You claim this thread as your own- yet it's not yours or anyone else's..
I would much rather read what the "unbelievers " have to say- than the bs. The "believers" spew..
-and to Serah:
As I am signing off for the day.;

I just want to add- the wsjlm posters who have left here- have done so on their own accord.
You need to stop blaming the new posters for that.

Some of us are still here- and blaming their "absence" on others is simply a victim cry..
Any of those who have "left" could post if they choose to.
Stop bringing them up.

I do wonder why so many of you " believers" on wsjlm, choose to be victims in this world..yet,
you try to rule it, with your biblical truths..
Odd..

Do you know what July fourth is all about??

Location hidden

#554049 Jul 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard a joke a few hours ago about Independence Day.
"The British version is 'Happy good ridance day.'"
Haha..
Good to see you!

:)
Peace, my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min Worth Repeating 31,361
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Seentheotherside 687,381
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 29 min Black Flag 4
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 1 hr Will lowe 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Seentheotherside 6,491
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Lol U suck big D 286,597
Does a cell Phone still ring if a battery has g... (Oct '07) 3 hr Unicorn2331 35
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr dotard tracker 987,387
More from around the web