Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#554008 Jul 4, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
As so often christians do, you pose a rhetorical question. Such questions can not be answered. Like this topic is one: Why should Jesus love you. This is rhetorical as it does not allow to question the existence of Jesus or even his loving. Rhetorical questions are a underhanded ways of discussion, stating something but masking it as a question for something else.
What you are basically saying is: you want to make us disbelieve.
Well that is your opinion of things, and I respect that, even though I do not share it. In my perception we are here in public roam not in a one to one private conversation. We exchange ideas and people may or may not take not of that.
Let me ask you another question, why are christians plastering this thread with daily prayers, bible quotes if you believe no one else is reading it, than the people you are discussing with?
See it like this. You are promoting an inferior product that is health hazard in the media, and i am defending consumer interests by putting up warning signs. It is an act of true Love, not mercy.
That's not how my mind thinks at all. If I know something I will not ask. If I wish to learn something I will ask. I don't understand the logic of the way you think I might think, if that is based on how Christians are supposed to think... I cannot even begin to fathom such a thought as... "you want to make us believe." ? How can anyone make a person believe ? That's really weird.

Nothing wrong in sharing anything of the faith in a faith based thread. We always have, including bible... or even the weather. regardless of who it is read by. Of course it is a public room/thread. What else if topix ?

If you are concerned about public health there are enough forums for those subjects. I think that's a joke analogy as a health hazard...

If you would rather I didn't speak more with you just say so, as that is easily fixed. The rest was an honest question from me, and your assumption of my motives or thoughts was wrong. I just didn't know that an Atheist or what they term a non believer is only against Christianity, so asked?

But Ja, we both know the meaning of agree to disagree when it comes to Jesus, and if that is your only concern, guess that's your problem not mine.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#554009 Jul 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
But then again, they believe that even though men physically wrote their bible, their god did it through them.
You're right...I tried to make sense of it, but even with that line of thought, you still have to admit men wrote their bible.
Of course Whispers follows the word of men - the ones she trusts, which are the Christian ones. And they tell her that she is following a god.

Even if a god wrote the original text, the god is not here to tell us he did. She has only the words of men who heard from other men, in a chain of men over a hundred generations long spanning nearly two millennia that the book was written by a god. And she only has their word that they haven't tampered with it over the ages. She follows those men, and men preaching the book today.

In the end, though Whispers may thing that she is rejecting the word of men and accepting the word of her god, she has only the word of men that that is so. She cannot help but follow man's word first, even if all he tells her to obey her bible.

She has no choice but to follow men, men whom she hopes are leading her to a god.

Fennario

#554010 Jul 4, 2013
"She has no choice but to follow men, men whom she hopes are leading her to a god."

I think that I just muffed a who/whom choice. Catcher - what say you?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#554011 Jul 4, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not how my mind thinks at all. If I know something I will not ask. If I wish to learn something I will ask. I don't understand the logic of the way you think I might think, if that is based on how Christians are supposed to think... I cannot even begin to fathom such a thought as... "you want to make us believe." ? How can anyone make a person believe ? That's really weird.
Nothing wrong in sharing anything of the faith in a faith based thread. We always have, including bible... or even the weather. regardless of who it is read by. Of course it is a public room/thread. What else if topix ?
If you are concerned about public health there are enough forums for those subjects. I think that's a joke analogy as a health hazard...
If you would rather I didn't speak more with you just say so, as that is easily fixed. The rest was an honest question from me, and your assumption of my motives or thoughts was wrong. I just didn't know that an Atheist or what they term a non believer is only against Christianity, so asked?
But Ja, we both know the meaning of agree to disagree when it comes to Jesus, and if that is your only concern, guess that's your problem not mine.
What is it with these atheists and the daily prayer thing? Are they offended?

If so, they aren't forced to read them...

God Bless America

Prayer for the Nation:

Almighty God, who has given us this good land for our heritage; I humbly pray that we may always prove ourselves a people who remember your favor and are glad to do your will. Bless our land with honorable industry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion; from pride and arrogance, and from every evil way.

Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people the multitudes brought here from so many different lands and languages. Grant the spirit of wisdom those to whom we entrust with the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that, through obedience to your law, we may demonstrate your praise among the nations of the earth. In times of prosperity, fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in days of trouble, do not let our trust in you fail; all which I ask through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#554012 Jul 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you throw things out like that all the time.....
Its just ICONS....nothing to get upset over.....I was just stating an observation (which bothered you)
I may talk about the icons every day now....LOL
No....20 miles is pretty far to walk....Happy 4th also
Talk about them all day long. That's just what whom ever is giving them wants you to do.
Make them a part of your morning ritual.. I don't care either way..
Lol.
Just leave out the character assassinations - unless you have proof.
Not sure why you aren't understanding the point I am trying to make..

Location hidden

#554014 Jul 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
This was an awesome post Favorite.....My grandparents were Pentecostal....All the ladies had "helmet hair" and didn't wear make-up or jewelry...They all looked alike and didn't ask questions....Really sad.
It is very sad..
Like wasting your life away.. For what were they doing it for??
A chance they may someday walk on streets of gold??

Religion kills the human spirit.

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#554015 Jul 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Whispers follows the word of men - the ones she trusts, which are the Christian ones. And they tell her that she is following a god.
Even if a god wrote the original text, the god is not here to tell us he did. She has only the words of men who heard from other men, in a chain of men over a hundred generations long spanning nearly two millennia that the book was written by a god. And she only has their word that they haven't tampered with it over the ages. She follows those men, and men preaching the book today.
In the end, though Whispers may thing that she is rejecting the word of men and accepting the word of her god, she has only the word of men that that is so. She cannot help but follow man's word first, even if all he tells her to obey her bible.
She has no choice but to follow men, men whom she hopes are leading her to a god.
get out from here you poor atheist
and take care your own family,

what a hell business is yours who follow whom?

you behave like 2 years old baby crying mama aaaaaaaaaaa your breast milk is not sweettttttt?

do you have any personal descency or honor of man??????
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#554016 Jul 4, 2013
"She has no choice but to follow men, men whom she hopes are leading her to a god."
I think that I just muffed a who/whom choice. Catcher - what say you?
if they follow man?
for sure those man are more humble and more educated from you,

asking Catcher what he says?you follow man and this man stupidity

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#554017 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it with these atheists and the daily prayer thing? Are they offended?
If so, they aren't forced to read them...
God Bless America
Prayer for the Nation:
Almighty God, who has given us this good land for our heritage; I humbly pray that we may always prove ourselves a people who remember your favor and are glad to do your will. Bless our land with honorable industry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion; from pride and arrogance, and from every evil way.
Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people the multitudes brought here from so many different lands and languages. Grant the spirit of wisdom those to whom we entrust with the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that, through obedience to your law, we may demonstrate your praise among the nations of the earth. In times of prosperity, fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in days of trouble, do not let our trust in you fail; all which I ask through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.
Amen.
I really don't know why not in this thread RR. They are teaching me things - more-so attitudes - which I never encountered as such before and so are the Christian!

... I am also not American, yet have learned how the USA is as a nation through wars first. But have no objection to anyone being patriotic if that's how it affects them. The US Marines were the first whites of the world I ever met. They visited my Pacific Island home, for which I proudly stand up for also. I learned that is a natural thing to do, and for us - as Christian - equally natural to stand up and be counted with Jesus, ja ?

We have quite a storm here at the moment and might have to close.
God Bless and Take Care Bro.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#554018 Jul 4, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning lil whispers :) It is a beautiful day here in Wisconsin. Hope you have a great Independence Day :) Though I kind of see everyday as Independence Day because each day is a new day. Because of Jesus love for us, we can begin again with the knowledge that we have been forgiven. And the bondage of sin has been broken. We just have to grab hold of that independence/freedom, with thanksgiving in our hearts. Praising him for all of the many blessings he has blessed us with. Say hello to a neighbor, a friend, an enemy. Share a smile, whistle a hello to a bird. Let everything that has breath, Praise The Lord :) Have a blessed day lil whispers with a big heart :)
Morning;

I must say I agree with you and this is a good point and post. Yes I have blessing most people only can dream of, never was one to take life for grant.

I watch people walk into my life and walk out too but always figured whether the stay was long or short. I received something of value from them could be experience, lessons of sort or simple thing labeled love. Out of all bad the good always comes shining thru.

Then there is those raskel critters I am so very fond of whether wild or tame. Regualar lil clowns they are. I watch and listen to them the wonder of it all that God made for me such a special place to enjoy and love there every move or act. I often been asked when someone comes to visit how can you stand so much happiness, peace and love here. Simple enough is a blessing from God.

Then there is the beautiful mountains and clear blue skies. One can only stand in awe and wonder is this all magic but when sees the skies flowing along or the wind with a gentle breeze moving a wild flower or limb of leaves moving the leaves gently or taking that quite walk down a deserted river bed and the many wonders that are found there. A closer walk with God and blessings that are countless in this lifestyle.

Do I count the blessings sure do, I am very thankful for all that I receive or given even until a kind word from another that to me is also a blessing. I may not see the world as others do and my understanding of the world may not be as clear cut as others. One thing I do understand very clearly is my love for my God as he let allows me see Him. Think I said enough of the feeling on the sleeves.

Hope you have a wonderful,safe,happy fourth of July. God bless you always,I always thought of you as one of the special posters on this thread.jmo of couse.
Bongo

United States

#554019 Jul 4, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
get out from here you poor atheist
and take care your own family,
what a hell business is yours who follow whom?
you behave like 2 years old baby crying mama aaaaaaaaaaa your breast milk is not sweettttttt?
do you have any personal descency or honor of man??????
Are you that incoherent prick troglodyte known as dr shrink?

Location hidden

#554020 Jul 4, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/post 553757
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Merciful? Did you mean compassionate? If he had ever reached out or shown a lick of kindness to me or other skeptics, perhaps I would feel uncomfortable posting about him like that.
I have nothing to offer him or the rest of these atheophobes except my contempt for their church. They have chosen to draw a line between us and them in which unbelievers are cast as demon-infected agents of evil that are the enemies of goodness and who are fit for eternal torture. I don't particularly care for that, and I have very little compassion to show in return to anybody that thinks that way.
Sure, he was a victim of his church before he was a perp in its service, and since I care about what his church does to people, perhaps I should empathize with him. But I don't.
My Topix experience with Christians has had a tremendous impact on my appreciation for just how vile this religion is. Before I came to Topix in 2008, I mostly just rejected Christianity for myself. It is here that I have learned that this religion needs to leave the world, and it is here that I have learned to see that people like Clearwater and Skombolis are as unsalvageable as the zombies in a George Romero movie.
Regarding being merciful or compassionate, since such people are happy to volunteer themselves as agents for the propagation of their sickness, they also volunteer themselves as targets for those of us who choose to resist it.
<quoted text>
I don't see him as depressed. He's Christianized. He's been taught that our world is vile and failed, and he is spreading his Christian pessimism while biding his time waiting to leave it.
I agree.
My topix "experience" has also colored my view on " believers"..

Another great post!
You are speaking the truth.. And I am happy you are here.
Happy Independence Day..

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#554021 Jul 4, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen.
I really don't know why not in this thread RR. They are teaching me things - more-so attitudes - which I never encountered as such before and so are the Christian!
... I am also not American, yet have learned how the USA is as a nation through wars first. But have no objection to anyone being patriotic if that's how it affects them. The US Marines were the first whites of the world I ever met. They visited my Pacific Island home, for which I proudly stand up for also. I learned that is a natural thing to do, and for us - as Christian - equally natural to stand up and be counted with Jesus, ja ?
We have quite a storm here at the moment and might have to close.
God Bless and Take Care Bro.
Indeed. I've learned much about atheists (the crazies and the normals) in the past year AND I've learned much about Christians (the crazies and the normals) also.

Be safe in that storm, brother.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#554022 Jul 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
Religion kills the human spirit.
How do you figure?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#554023 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't change it up like that. First you say "possessed", now you say "walk". Make up your damn mind.
<quoted text>
Who's trying to override words?
<quoted text>
What ARE you talking about?
<quoted text>
uh-huh....
You want God to make it as easy and brainless as possible just for lil ole you...
<quoted text>
If I created those atoms we could discuss it.
In the meantime, you're gettin a but cooky...
Little use in discussing with you further.

I will ask the same questions to people in general

- how can Paul change the words of God and undo what Jesus promised? these gives this disciples the power to drink deadly poison and then someone else says this is no more. And that person is not his placetaker, but simply someone claiming to have met Christ in a dream, we only have his word for that.

- Why did the disciples of Jesus it not worth writing his words down as most Jews were literate

- Why did they wait 300 years to make a compilation of Jesus words. Why was this done by people who were again not the place takers of Jesus, but presbyters, who were no more than street evangelists that told all kind of crazy stories, most of whom they invented themselves.

- Why did Jesus use tricks that can easily be faked by magicians but not something that no man could ever fake. Why leave a undeniable proof, like his name in big on the moon visible for all to see. He claims to have been able to move mountains at will, why not carve his teachings in the mountainside.

- why did the holy ghost not simply enter in the mind of all people? In stead of sending a lot of very dubious people often liars into the world?

- Why would the God of the Universe bother about us. He is so big that compared to it our Earth is less than atom, and we are not even the smallest particle in that atom. Why he care as we do not even care about cell in our body, let alone a particle in our body. How can he bother about all these small particles in the universe at the same time.

- And why would even bother to punish the particles who do not believe in him. Why has a universal god such big ego and is so small minded that and easily offended? Why is he so unloving? And why is he so stupid that he want to punish the particles that make up his universal body. And why does the universal god only appears with two or more Christian gather? "If two or more atoms gather, I will be there" Really? That does not make a body or a universe.

- why would he only show interest after billions of years of life on this planet and after man was walking around for millions of years?

- And why are churches always want to collect money? Why can't the pastors not be volunteers just like the other people? Is it not enough reward to bring the Gospel, why do they want money as well.

Just questions any normal free thinking person should ask when someone wants to sell him this religious product, that is mostly a story.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#554024 Jul 4, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Are you that incoherent prick troglodyte known as dr shrink?
no
I am dr Shrink and a lot greater Bongo from you,because you are poor Do Do

you are not worth even of rat tail?
you suppose to bend your poor skeleton before great Tupak Yapanka DR Srink not destructible at all

Fennario

#554026 Jul 4, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
I exclude all of you from any debates, advices and poor low inteligent trolls like you?
Why are you asking me?

Please help me with something if you will be so kind:┬┐Do you choose your punctuation at random!!

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#554027 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. I've learned much about atheists (the crazies and the normals) in the past year AND I've learned much about Christians (the crazies and the normals) also.
Be safe in that storm, brother.
lol I am sister bro, and will try again to rest. 2am Fri.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#554028 Jul 4, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Little use in discussing with you further.
I will ask the same questions to people in general
- how can Paul change the words of God and undo what Jesus promised? these gives this disciples the power to drink deadly poison and then someone else says this is no more. And that person is not his placetaker, but simply someone claiming to have met Christ in a dream, we only have his word for that.
- Why did the disciples of Jesus it not worth writing his words down as most Jews were literate
- Why did they wait 300 years to make a compilation of Jesus words. Why was this done by people who were again not the place takers of Jesus, but presbyters, who were no more than street evangelists that told all kind of crazy stories, most of whom they invented themselves.
- Why did Jesus use tricks that can easily be faked by magicians but not something that no man could ever fake. Why leave a undeniable proof, like his name in big on the moon visible for all to see. He claims to have been able to move mountains at will, why not carve his teachings in the mountainside.
- why did the holy ghost not simply enter in the mind of all people? In stead of sending a lot of very dubious people often liars into the world?
- Why would the God of the Universe bother about us. He is so big that compared to it our Earth is less than atom, and we are not even the smallest particle in that atom. Why he care as we do not even care about cell in our body, let alone a particle in our body. How can he bother about all these small particles in the universe at the same time.
- And why would even bother to punish the particles who do not believe in him. Why has a universal god such big ego and is so small minded that and easily offended? Why is he so unloving? And why is he so stupid that he want to punish the particles that make up his universal body. And why does the universal god only appears with two or more Christian gather? "If two or more atoms gather, I will be there" Really? That does not make a body or a universe.
- why would he only show interest after billions of years of life on this planet and after man was walking around for millions of years?
- And why are churches always want to collect money? Why can't the pastors not be volunteers just like the other people? Is it not enough reward to bring the Gospel, why do they want money as well.
Just questions any normal free thinking person should ask when someone wants to sell him this religious product, that is mostly a story.
Bhwa gbghaaaaa ha haaaaaa haaaaa\
Post joke of this day 4th July

post more this jokes,you make faun and laugh all poor'"independent"'a mericans
he heeeeee

Location hidden

#554029 Jul 4, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it bother YOU, that Epi or Chris or ANYONE says anything about these ICONS so much?!! Is it just another way to start trouble as you sure are good at.! It appears you are the one that lets the icon upset you more than they are.
Don't let what these posters say about the ICONS bother you so much.
You are a very TROUBLED poster. Get 'Peace of mind'
I wasn't going to respond to this post of yours- because I find you repulsive.
Yet, want to make my point clear to the thread..

Cry about the icons all day and night..
- Only makes The ones crying look silly..

-----Just don't assume you know who is giving them..
Understand??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min swampmudd 37,319
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gomer 988,616
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr RFD 80
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 2 hr HFCS - What It Is 12
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 3 hr RFD 19
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 3 hr Wheres The Lighter 25
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,555
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr oneear69 688,931
More from around the web