Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#553868 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like many a bible study for me, too. I grew up going to Pentacostal "full gospel" churches.
In the church I attend, our pastor encourages questions. Difficult questions. Questions show a thinking mind, willing to learn. Fluent in Greek, Hebrew, Latin, and Aramaic, he can translate anything that is in the bible, and he tells us when things aren't as clear cut as people might think.
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#553869 Jul 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't make such claims.
I merely state my personal as well as professional opinions.
What is your profession?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#553870 Jul 3, 2013
THE HeLL wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing your dog is dead instead of mine!:)
.. you might want to consider a colon cleansing ..

.. either that, or RR will hunt you down and neuter you ..

.. your choice ..

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#553871 Jul 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Dave makes me laugh.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#553872 Jul 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, I read it; just had nothing to add. Did you require or desire a response ??..
.. about a month ago, a friend began to express the pain of losing her dog. She began to cry. I wanted to make it better, hold her hand, tell her time would heal the emotional ache. Instead, I offered her a box of Kleenex and returned to my chair across the room and remained silent ..
.. hope you enjoyed my little story ..
... no HL, found the words we shared amplified.
And Ja... sometimes silence is the best medicine. Was also sharing another's 'doggie pain' which link they sent me too, so posted it.
Thanx for caring enough to mention. <3
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#553873 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a church sign, too.
But did you see that video RR:

Those are real believers. They are not afraid of deadly poison! Did you see the quote of Mark at the end?
Okay, We have not tested the Plutonium yet, but at least they believe the Bible and do not create excuses like you do. They think they can withstand deadly poison like Jesus says.

There is another thing I do not understand. You say that in Paul's ode to love these things are abolished. There is questions I have about that. How can a man that only claims to know Jesus in his dreams override the written word spoken by God himself? That would mean that everyone claiming to carry the holy ghost can override the bible. Paul was not even appointed by Jesus like Peter, he was not even a pope, a place taker.

Who was it that decided that Paul's writing belonged to the bible too? Was it God? Or were it these presbyters, who were no popes either. So basically your word of God can be changed by all who claim to be under the holy ghost. If that is so, it becomes everybody's fantasy.

So you believe that the holy ghost no longer protects believers against deadly poison.(The holy ghost told you that or was it a pastor?) You believe that the holy ghost lost its power after a hundred years. A bit disappointing if you ask me. One would expect more of the lord of the universe.

Look at these people dancing in the church and getting hyped up by the music and the overemotional shouting of their pastors, or should I say the holy ghost, as he holy ghost always embodies the hysterical.

That is what christians share with Mohamed. When Mohamed was visited by the holy ghost he also started to make wild movements, falling on the ground like he was having some sort of epileptic attack.

Still that is puzzling me. I would have thought that a good god would instantly bring peace and harmony over people, instead of these violent ruptures. If we look at these people they look more like demon possessed than that the Lord of the Universe bestowed his infinite peace, love, and wisdom on them.

In fact I find people in most pop concert (not all) are filled with a much more benign spirits that make their faces full of joy and happiness. Why is the spirit of Jesus not like that? Why is the spirit of Jesus so frustrated, violent and angry? Why are his servants so afraid of him that they need to pacify him? Why does it make them so angry? Why does it make them so possessed?

Would the simple explanation not be, that God of the universe is no holy ghost entering people and what they invite are unclean ghosts that start to fool them by calling out biblical texts?

Would it not be much safer to get rid of this confusing book and simply embrace the spirit of Love, as love is the real Divine spirit? Real heart-warming love, and not ideological book-love called mercy, which simply is hatefulness for all others in disguise.

My final question?
Are you possessed by the holy ghost?
Or did this end a hundred years after Jesus too?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#553874 Jul 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
All churches are strange.
"Strange" is a subjective evaluation. Not only are all churches strange to me, they're all strange to lots of people. Every church will be strange to perhaps millions of people.
I looked at more of the signs, and I'm going to raise my estimate to 25% fake. I've personally seen dozens of stupid or funny church signs. I think only a small fraction of the interesting ones are making it to the internet.
We passed one when traveling Oz... it said "All smokers welcome." When we went in to test them we got kicked out!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#553875 Jul 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
All churches are strange.
"Strange" is a subjective evaluation. Not only are all churches strange to me, they're all strange to lots of people. Every church will be strange to perhaps millions of people.
I looked at more of the signs, and I'm going to raise my estimate to 25% fake. I've personally seen dozens of stupid or funny church signs. I think only a small fraction of the interesting ones are making it to the internet.
To your first point, I agree with that. I'm sure if I went to a Buddhist temple, I'd find it strange....

To your second, I still disagree. The shit I see on those "real pictures" is too absurd to be real.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553876 Jul 3, 2013
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
In the church I attend, our pastor encourages questions. Difficult questions. Questions show a thinking mind, willing to learn. Fluent in Greek, Hebrew, Latin, and Aramaic, he can translate anything that is in the bible, and he tells us when things aren't as clear cut as people might think.
That's a good pastor. I had one like that once, in a church I attended for a few years. I can't find them anymore, dunno why. Perhaps it's the California brainwashing, it seems to affect all.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553877 Jul 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you might want to consider a colon cleansing ..
.. either that, or RR will hunt you down and neuter you ..
.. your choice ..
Let me at him, HL.

Let me loose!!

grrrr

!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553878 Jul 3, 2013
Mark wrote:

But did you see that video RR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nl_8r7WG3g4XX
Those are real believers. They are not afraid of deadly poison! Did you see the quote of Mark at the end?
Okay, We have not tested the Plutonium yet, but at least they believe the Bible and do not create excuses like you do. They think they can withstand deadly poison like Jesus says.
There is another thing I do not understand. You say that in Paul's ode to love these things are abolished. There is questions I have about that. How can a man that only claims to know Jesus in his dreams override the written word spoken by God himself? That would mean that everyone claiming to carry the holy ghost can override the bible. Paul was not even appointed by Jesus like Peter, he was not even a pope, a place taker.
Who was it that decided that Paul's writing belonged to the bible too? Was it God? Or were it these presbyters, who were no popes either. So basically your word of God can be changed by all who claim to be under the holy ghost. If that is so, it becomes everybody's fantasy.
So you believe that the holy ghost no longer protects believers against deadly poison.(The holy ghost told you that or was it a pastor?) You believe that the holy ghost lost its power after a hundred years. A bit disappointing if you ask me. One would expect more of the lord of the universe.
Look at these people dancing in the church and getting hyped up by the music and the overemotional shouting of their pastors, or should I say the holy ghost, as he holy ghost always embodies the hysterical.
That is what christians share with Mohamed. When Mohamed was visited by the holy ghost he also started to make wild movements, falling on the ground like he was having some sort of epileptic attack.
Still that is puzzling me. I would have thought that a good god would instantly bring peace and harmony over people, instead of these violent ruptures. If we look at these people they look more like demon possessed than that the Lord of the Universe bestowed his infinite peace, love, and wisdom on them.
In fact I find people in most pop concert (not all) are filled with a much more benign spirits that make their faces full of joy and happiness. Why is the spirit of Jesus not like that? Why is the spirit of Jesus so frustrated, violent and angry? Why are his servants so afraid of him that they need to pacify him? Why does it make them so angry? Why does it make them so possessed?
Would the simple explanation not be, that God of the universe is no holy ghost entering people and what they invite are unclean ghosts that start to fool them by calling out biblical texts?
Would it not be much safer to get rid of this confusing book and simply embrace the spirit of Love, as love is the real Divine spirit? Real heart-warming love, and not ideological book-love called mercy, which simply is hatefulness for all others in disguise.
My final question?
Are you possessed by the holy ghost?
Or did this end a hundred years after Jesus too?
Yes, I've seen that video plenty of times. Topix atheists love finding strange Christian videos and posting them as infinitum. I know they're believers, so what. If they wanna test their faith by letting a deadly snake bite them, let them. Jesus will have a good laugh when they meet Him.

Not everything in the Bible is written for all to follow. Some of it is written for us to learn from, but not necessarily to be followed verbatim. Don't believe me? Go find a cobra and piss him off.

No, I'm not possessed by anything. The believer makes the choice to walk with the Holy Spirit, or to not walk with Him. God forces His will on no one.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553879 Jul 3, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
We passed one when traveling Oz... it said "All smokers welcome." When we went in to test them we got kicked out!
I've got a No Trespassing sign on my back fence (it faces a vacant field).

The sign says:

"Trespassers will be shot.

Survivors will be shot again."

Lol

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#553880 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The sign says:
Lol
lol. A friend from Africa had given me a Greek pottery head she made, and because folk always cut across the land on the corner of the house we were in, there was a red gum which dripped red sap... so placed the head under it on the track. It might have said the same thing, as trespassers stopped crossing thru!
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#553881 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've seen that video plenty of times. Topix atheists love finding strange Christian videos and posting them as infinitum. I know they're believers, so what. If they wanna test their faith by letting a deadly snake bite them, let them. Jesus will have a good laugh when they meet Him.
Not everything in the Bible is written for all to follow. Some of it is written for us to learn from, but not necessarily to be followed verbatim. Don't believe me? Go find a cobra and piss him off.
No, I'm not possessed by anything. The believer makes the choice to walk with the Holy Spirit, or to not walk with Him. God forces His will on no one.
Okay so you choose not to walk with the holy ghost?

You still not answered my questions? How people not appointed by God can override the words your God spoke.

Is like Apple Corporation, Steve Jobs is dead, long live Tim Cook? He is our new saviour.

And maybe you can answer this one too, why did none of the disciples find it necessary to write down Jesus words, as most Jews were able to write and they could have easily found one who could. Did they not find his words worth noting down?

I mean this God of the universe speaking. I would not hurt to take notes. Why wait 300 years to get a compilation on paper? And could the God of the universe not have carved these words into a mountain side with laser perfection for all to see? Or even better let the holy ghost come over all mankind in stead of this slow spreading of the word.

Why is the god of the universe such a sufferer and does things the hard way? I mean with that kind of performance he could have easily sent one of his lesser Gods, no one would have noticed the difference. I mean we expect something spectacular, not the things that can easily be staged by magicians.

Why not burn gigantic letters on the moon: "Jesus was here". Why does it all feel like the tricks we read of priests in the old testament?

Do you know how big the universe is? do you have an inkling of that? Our whole earth is less than a atom compared to the size of the universe. We would expect something more of footprint left when the god of the universe visits our place.

And why would he even care what we believe. Let me ask you a question, do you care whether the atoms in your body believe in you? Do you even care how they spent there time? Do you even give it consideration whether they could be unhappy? If they could think, would you feel inclined to punish them for not believing in you?

Here is how big the universe is:
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#553882 Jul 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, I read it; just had nothing to add. Did you require or desire a response ??..
.. about a month ago, a friend began to express the pain of losing her dog. She began to cry. I wanted to make it better, hold her hand, tell her time would heal the emotional ache. Instead, I offered her a box of Kleenex and returned to my chair across the room and remained silent ..
.. hope you enjoyed my little story ..
Loving and caring is the key to life, and its influences are those that move the world.

A caring child contest was won by a 4-year old little boy. His next-door neighbor was an ederly gentleman, who had recently lost his wife.

Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.

When his Mother asked him what he had said to the neighbor man, the little boy said " Nothing, I just sat on his lap and helped him cry".

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553883 Jul 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You are following men - the ones that told you that the words in their book came from a god.
I'll obey the first god that comes to me directly.
I have no clue why they constantly claim the words of men (Bible) are not the words of men.

I like quite a few Christians but the "words of men" argument always leaves wondering about their sanity.

Even if one overlooks "Jesus isn't a man" that still leaves everything in the Bible written by 'men'. Jesus never wrote a single thing in the Bible.

What they really should say is, "I believe only the 'special men' I was taught to believe are "perfect authorities" and nothing will change my mind, ever."

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#553884 Jul 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am inclined to agree with you.
However, as much compassion as i have for a rabid raccoon, I have more compassion for the other creatures it could harm.
In that respect, with all due remorse, I would quickly dispatch it with a bullet to the brain.
With the government we have today you really should be careful. You hate, as usual is noted. I have much pity for you.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#553885 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The sign says:
Lol
Online braggadocio makes me laugh.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#553886 Jul 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
Dave makes me laugh.
Dave makes me laugh, too.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#553887 Jul 3, 2013
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your profession?
his profession is to seat on internet 7/24 a week and bambling nonsenses

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Dave Nelson 795,400
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min Just Think 120,716
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min KayMarie 568,097
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 6 min Clear Dharma 496
Do white girls like Hispanic guys? (Girls who a... (Jan '14) 25 min white girl 14
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min Rick in Kansas 267,414
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) 34 min Elbigdaddy 74
Scientific proof for God's existence 40 min HipGnosis 561
More from around the web