Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#553983 Jul 4, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
lol... You just asked 12!
<quoted text>
I know you have a mission Mark, but honestly, let me ask you a question or 3.
Do you know how much you come across like an interrogator, or have you ever been interrogated to know ? I have...
What is your urgency to try and make any believe or not? Surely everyone has a right one way or the other, even as you and thousands of others - religious or not - do... or is it just the Christian faith which concerns you the most?
Just wondering...
As so often christians do, you pose a rhetorical question. Such questions can not be answered. Like this topic is one: Why should Jesus love you. This is rhetorical as it does not allow to question the existence of Jesus or even his loving. Rhetorical questions are a underhanded ways of discussion, stating something but masking it as a question for something else.

What you are basically saying is: you want to make us disbelieve.
Well that is your opinion of things, and I respect that, even though I do not share it. In my perception we are here in public roam not in a one to one private conversation. We exchange ideas and people may or may not take not of that.

Let me ask you another question, why are christians plastering this thread with daily prayers, bible quotes if you believe no one else is reading it, than the people you are discussing with?

See it like this. You are promoting an inferior product that is health hazard in the media, and i am defending consumer interests by putting up warning signs. It is an act of true Love, not mercy.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553984 Jul 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No.... you are right, the postings are down like rude, just like the one you have written here, on many occasions.....
You find my posts rude ?

You should meet me in person, you would either run away screaming or never leave my side.

Yeah, I am intense.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553985 Jul 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>There is a young married woman at work that has been trying for some time to fall pregnant......:(
OK. OK. I'll help her out.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#553986 Jul 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Science and spirituality have already met. So have matter and consciousness.
The beauty of DNA carrying information in the form of standing waves rippling up and down the electron cloud of the deoxyribose-phosphate spine is at least twofold:
[1] Such waves serve as an additional repository of information in the DNA distinct from the sequence of bases. This is where things like instincts would most likely be stored, not in the purine and pyrimidine bases, triplets of which code for amino acids, This is a fine way to store instructions for assembling proteins, but is too clumsy and ineffective a way to store ideas, urges, and preferences.
[2] Such a storage medium allows for the possibility of Lamarkian type inheritance, meaning the recording of behaviors acquired or learned during life, and their passage to offspring. Lamarkianism is anathema in biology today.
[3] This would be a good place to look for the emergence of consciousness, which need not be confined to the brain or even reside there at all. Consciousness depends on the brain, but that does not mean that it resides there. If our brains were in our pelvises, it would still likely feel like we were in our heads, because that is where all of our exteroceptive senses apart from touch reside (vision, hearing, taste and smell). I'm pretty sure that I would still feel like "I" - the personal self - was still in my head right behind my eyes even if it were possible to sever the connections between my brain and body, fit the severed terminals with radio broadcasting and receiving devices that perfectly mimicked the old physical connections, and remove the brain to the next room.
Good Post

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553987 Jul 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Entire life meaning eternal life?
"5: Some mistakes in life are irreversible, the consequences will ruin your entire life."
What of the future of the Soul G? What do the Jews think the Soul will do when it leaves the body, if indeed mistakes made in life are irreversible, and the consequences will ruin your entire life.
Where do the Jews think the Soul (or Ghost) of Abraham went?
"Genesis 25:8 Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people."
Judaism believes the "Breath of God" which makes us living creatures (Genesis) returns to God and the rest returns to the Earth it was made from.
There is no doctrine of an "after-life" in Judaism.

Moses "gave up the Breath of God"

Your English Bible is a poor, misleading and often erroneous translation.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553988 Jul 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Entire life meaning eternal life?...
Of course.

"forver", "always", "ever after" etc. are constantly used to me "for the rest of my life", "Until I die", "as long as i live", etc.

You like to play the "definition game". You and RR should play with each other.
mike

AOL

#553989 Jul 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Come O Zion, Escape you who live in the Daughter of Babylon.
For who ever touches you touches the apple of His eye.
So now Mike tell me what the two olive trees on the right and the left of the lampstand???
Thanks

You didn't give me a verse?
If I stay consistent with tradition, in revelation 11:4, the two olive trees are the two witnesses, believed by many to be Moses and Elijah.

Now, what is meant by the "Lord's sacrifice" in Zephaniah 1:8

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553990 Jul 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Jesus is a dead Jewish Rabbi.
Jesus is a long dead Jewish Rabbi.
Should I use more adjectives?
Yes, Jesus is a "stayed" dead Jewish Rabbi.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553991 Jul 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
What did all that even mean?
You're just shouting out random bundles of words like the crazy thing you are.
You just noticed that ? LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553992 Jul 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you think of them Duane?
There was a lot in them that made me realize there are several ways to perceive the world. Some made sense, some didn't.
The books were almost as good as taking hallucinogenic drugs.

I preferred mescaline, too. That may be why I understood Carlos. LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553993 Jul 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. what if a dude is left-handed ??..
Did I leave the cam on again ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553994 Jul 4, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
You didn't give me a verse?
If I stay consistent with tradition, in revelation 11:4, the two olive trees are the two witnesses, believed by many to be Moses and Elijah.
Now, what is meant by the "Lord's sacrifice" in Zephaniah 1:8
Sometimes a tree is just a tree.
mike

AOL

#553995 Jul 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
If you are offended with Prayer....Please "scroll" on by
~A Fourth fo July Prayer~
We lift up our hearts, O God, on this day of celebration
in gratitude for the gift of being Americans.
We rejoice with all those who share
in the great dream of freedom and dignity for all.
With flags and feasting, with family and friends,
we salute those who have sacrificed that we might have the opportunity to bring to fulfillment our many God-given gifts.
As we deny all prejudice a place in our hearts,
may we also clearly declare our intention to work for the time when all people, regardless of race, religion or sex, will be granted equal dignity and worth.
Come, O gracious God,
who led your children Israel from slavery, keep us free from all that might hold us in bondage.
Bless our country and join our simple celebration
that we may praise you, our Source of freedom, the One in whom we place our trust.
Be with America Dear Lord!!
Hello Epi

I'm not offended by your blah, blah, blah, I'm being entertained.

To the GOD Epi pretends to pray to:!@@#$%^&*()(&@!!!!#
@##$#@#@!#&*&^%%$$$### $&*()(*&^%$##@#@@#
&&^^%$#@!@@#&^ &^%%$$#@@@@
&&^^%%$#@!@#&*** &^^%%$$###@&&& ^^^%%$%$$$
&&^%%$##@@!@&*())( &^%$#@!@$%^&*(**&^ %$#@!@#$%
^%$%$#@!@# this is what it looks like since your GOD never answers your prayers in public. You are not praying to a GOD, you are here to entertain yourself since a GOD never shows up.
mike

AOL

#553996 Jul 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes a tree is just a tree.
Hello

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#553997 Jul 4, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No 'tisn't. Tis a good way of pointing out that only Christians (and Muslims, as G_O_D added) do this. Or can you name another example of anybody that says to read an critical document with the heart instead of the head?
And that was a pretty shitty thing for you to say, Whispers. I wouldn't beat up on mindless Christians for entertainment because it's not entertaining.
You may not like the implications of the comment, but it was intended to identify what I consider to be a real and relevant truth, not to offend you. If it is correct, the comment is significant.
So why don't you use your brain just this one time instead of any of your thoracic, abdominal, or pelvic organs, and answer my question: who else does that beside people peddling the kind of tripe that depends on faith to be accepted?
[This intended as a reminder that when you choose to address your comments at my character, you have invited a response in kind.]
<quoted text>
You're not qualified to judge that.
<quoted text>
Yes you may. Bellying up and "walking away" would be just as good a defense as anything you could write, although it would not be polite, just cowardly.
Humm good reading for you well you do not like what the Bible reads cause you might find some love in it for mankind. As well as correction of ones sinful ways. How about some of thoses sex magazines with pictures would that be more your style to finding a heart???

I say shitty things all the time. lol Come on here if you throught you could beat your own mother to the fudge bowl first the race would be on. lol. Mindless Christians really who is the mindless one who seeks out entertainment with no purpose in mind other than amusement.

I am very qualified at judging whom I shall choose to walk away from nothing in my rule book that says I have to stick around for the final curtain of any type of show.

Cowardly takes a larger type person to walk away than to stand ground with someone with cooked brains. I have no intentions of arguing with you or entertaining you.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#553998 Jul 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Humm good reading for you well you do not like what the Bible reads cause you might find some love in it for mankind. As well as correction of ones sinful ways. How about some of thoses sex magazines with pictures would that be more your style to finding a heart???
I say shitty things all the time. lol Come on here if you throught you could beat your own mother to the fudge bowl first the race would be on. lol. Mindless Christians really who is the mindless one who seeks out entertainment with no purpose in mind other than amusement.
I am very qualified at judging whom I shall choose to walk away from nothing in my rule book that says I have to stick around for the final curtain of any type of show.
Cowardly takes a larger type person to walk away than to stand ground with someone with cooked brains. I have no intentions of arguing with you or entertaining you.
Good Morning lil whispers :) It is a beautiful day here in Wisconsin. Hope you have a great Independence Day :) Though I kind of see everyday as Independence Day because each day is a new day. Because of Jesus love for us, we can begin again with the knowledge that we have been forgiven. And the bondage of sin has been broken. We just have to grab hold of that independence/freedom, with thanksgiving in our hearts. Praising him for all of the many blessings he has blessed us with. Say hello to a neighbor, a friend, an enemy. Share a smile, whistle a hello to a bird. Let everything that has breath, Praise The Lord :) Have a blessed day lil whispers with a big heart :)

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#553999 Jul 4, 2013
<quoted text>
"Just" the Christian faith? How many faiths do you think could concern him the most?
And yes, of course it is Christianity. It is for me as well. Can you guess why it's Christianity and not say Jainism, Druidism, Caodaism or Bahá'í?
OK. Then why is it just the Christian Faith and not any others? And no... I don't 'know' the others or why Christianity is the religion Atheists seem to battle the most. Isn't all religion and gods, myths to you ?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#554000 Jul 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No.... you are right, the postings are down like rude, just like the one you have written here, on many occasions and many just don't post here anymore,'cause they are down and out sick of it. Others hang around to keep the forum of JW going in remembrance of the other forums we ran from, only to be followed by those and others as it is today. So be it ~ mock away, taunt away, we are expecting it.
I could agree in part with some of what you have written...if...you had of also pointed out the flaws of all that post here.

When I came to this thread there were only 5 or 6 Christians posting here (the others left because of inhouse fighting) and 2 non-Christians...Micah and myself. We all got along...no bickering...no insults...no defamation of character.

It didn't change until the departed Christians came back. Then it got ugly.

Yes...I can understand why some of you don't like what the non-Christians are saying...you feel as if your faith is being insulted. I think however before one places blame one must ask themselves if they have contributed.

If one wants exclusiveness then I doubt if Topix is the media to achieve that.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#554001 Jul 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, at least 250 young people will die because of fireworks(explosives).
The lucky ones will only get their fingers blown off. Some will lose an eye. Some puppies will be forever traumatized.
Nobody cares what the day means.
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/dec...
Ja well, I don't like to hear of anyone getting hurt, and they will!
It was sad enough hearing bout all those firefighters.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#554002 Jul 4, 2013
Mark wrote:
Okay so you choose not to walk with the holy ghost?
Don't change it up like that. First you say "possessed", now you say "walk". Make up your damn mind.

[QUOTE} You still not answered my questions? How people not appointed by God can override the words your God spoke.[/QUOTE]

Who's trying to override words?

And maybe you can answer this one too, why did none of the disciples find it necessary to write down Jesus words, as most Jews were able to write and they could have easily found one who could. Did they not find his words worth noting down?
What ARE you talking about?
I mean this God of the universe speaking. I would not hurt to take notes. Why wait 300 years to get a compilation on paper? And could the God of the universe not have carved these words into a mountain side with laser perfection for all to see? Or even better let the holy ghost come over all mankind in stead of this slow spreading of the word.
uh-huh....

You want God to make it as easy and brainless as possible just for lil ole you...
Why is the god of the universe such a sufferer and does things the hard way?[QUOTE]

What?!

[QUOTE] Why not burn gigantic letters on the moon: "Jesus was here". Why does it all feel like the tricks we read of priests in the old testament?
Do you know how big the universe is? do you have an inkling of that? Our whole earth is less than a atom compared to the size of the universe. We would expect something more of footprint left when the god of the universe visits our place.
And why would he even care what we believe. Let me ask you a question, do you care whether the atoms in your body believe in you? Do you even care how they spent there time? Do you even give it consideration whether they could be unhappy? If they could think, would you feel inclined to punish them for not believing in you?
If I created those atoms we could discuss it.

In the meantime, you're gettin a but cooky...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Alt Right lies 16,003
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 40 min George Justapose 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 47 min George Justapose 683,751
News The Latest: Trump lawyer says there's no pardon... 1 hr George Justapose 2
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 1 hr George Justapose 15
News Trump Says He Has - Complete Power' to Pardon 2 hr Les 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 983,098
More from around the web