Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#553787 Jul 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but all the evidence is against you.
The literary evidence alone shows numerous Christian doctrines and sects. The rabid extermination of "Heretical sects" by the Roman Church in the 4th century as well as the (well documented) infighting and attacks on other sects and doctrines prior to 350 AD demonstrate my assertion (which also happens to be the majority scholarly one).
If there was only "One Christian Church" in 350 AD then there would have been no need for Constantine to create one Cristian doctrine and Church and scripture (AKA Bible).
You need to do some research beyond religious propaganda.
evidences shown by you are against you,
you are like man la Mancha fighting with windmills from inkvisitors cells condemned to death

you already posted a lot of condemnation against yourselves,at end you be not able to find any excuses?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553788 Jul 3, 2013
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it or not, Christians are supposed to read the bible critically. We're supposed to look into the correct context of any given chapter or book. That's the critical part of reading it. Understanding the context. Once you have that, it becomes a very understandable work with a very smooth flow.
Apocrypha (sections of Daniel and of Revelations) should always be read symbolically.
I agree. Without knowing Judaism, Roman law, Pagan religion, Hellenistic influences, etc. you do not know jack about it.

Yet you simply repeat whatever the Church tells you to believe even when it has been proven to be dead wrong for over 1700 years.

You don't have the "correct interpretation". You only have what you have been TOLD what the "correct interpretation" is.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#553789 Jul 3, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
to spell cities in mexiacan(not spanish) languae is not proff that you know mexican language
just stop deceive yourselelves SANTA Cruix in spanish is Holy Cross,
in spanish Cruix is Cross,not your fake claim Las Cruces(criminal spanic slang)
Spanish lessons from Boca Raton.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553790 Jul 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Tis a good way to say you are only here to entertain yourself at others expense. Ok understand that one. So what you have to say serves no good purpose only for entertainment for you. Simply enough all I have to do is dust of my feet and politely walk away.
He does the same things as almost every Christian on this thread does.

You don't dust your feet and walk away. You have kicked your feet up on the coffee table and settled down for a long visit like the rest of us.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#553791 Jul 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I see much greater problems than those. In America, the church shapes minds.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. it's somewhat more complicated ..

.. having been raised in a Christian faith, authority figures told me what was right, what was wrong. Of course they were correct, after all, they were authority figures, the wise ones, folks with special insight who were in direct communication with a powerful, invisible source I could not see, comprehend nor understand ..

.. they had their hooks in me and, like any good fishermen, were gradually reeling me. Then, one day, I had a conversation with someone I respected ..

WISE SOMEONE: "Who told you that?"
HL: "The Church, the only true Church!"
WISE SOMEONE: "Could they be wrong?"
HL: "No."
WISE SOMEONE: "Who was the first person in The Church to tell you that?"
HL: "The Bishop."
WISE SOMEONE: "Think harder. Who was the first person to tell you about God."
<< Head down, HL thinks>>
HL: "My dad?"
SOMEONE: "Could your dad be wrong?"
<< Lightbulb blinks in HL's brain."
HL: "Yes."

.. this little saga may seem trite, boring to most, but for me, it was the day of reckoning. Could my parents, the church, everything I believed in, be wrong? Logically, the answer was, "Yes." ..
.. this leads me to one of Lil Whisper's posts today ..
<quoted text>
.. it's my contention that Lil's parents told her what to believe, what to read. Their beliefs became her beliefs and the church became her new authority figure, replacement parents. It told her what to read, what not to read, even how to think ..
.. while the church may have helped mold Lil's spiritual beliefs, her parents probably instilled them ..
That's how it's done.

I was fortunate. I was not raised in any religion. I didn't embrace Christianity until about age twenty, which may be why it was unable to capture me, and why it left me with no detectable residual religiosity once I left it. My spirituality is purely naturalistic and invokes no agency, unlike many of the former Christians that I encounter in these threads. Buck Crick, was an extreme example of an ex-Christian that couldn't shake off the mantle of supernaturalism. You may recall how I often referred to his god need.

You don't seem to express much supernaturalism, but you recently said that you don't care to share such things here, either. You are obviously a very spiritual person, however you view such things.

Mark, who I like and respect as well, and who tells us that he was thoroughly indoctrinated in his youth, still used much of the language of his early years to describe his orientation and journey. I find that alien to me. We have almost the same opinion of the Abrahamic religions, but if I understand him, he still seems to find some value in the idea of religion.

And several other non-Christian posters that I like and respect - G_O_D, Chess Jurist, and AnnieJ come to mind - do not call themselves atheists. The difference may be the ages that we were all initially exposed to these ideas.

In any event, I see no harm in such thinking. The harm that I described - a nation of climate science deniers, Bush voters, apocalypse welcomers, homophobes, etc..- derives from being under the influence of Christian doctrine, not the act of flirting with god concepts.

==========

Speaking of Chess Jurist, has anybody figured out what that name means, and why he chose it? I have, and it's not because he is a chess playing legal man.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#553792 Jul 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a quote from Isaiah.
It is about following the letter of the law rather than the spirit of the law.
Your point ?
No not from Isaiah but from Matthew as I stated. Found it under what defiles a man.

Location hidden

#553793 Jul 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
He does the same things as almost every Christian on this thread does.
You don't dust your feet and walk away. You have kicked your feet up on the coffee table and settled down for a long visit like the rest of us.
Now you just hold that horse there stud muffin. I will decide what, when and how I shall dust of my tiny feet and walk. No your very much wrong about me being like the rest here. No do not make no long range plans for me. Ha ha you can not get your paws on my clothing to make me stay either ha ha cause already know about that program too. You can keep and hold the coffee table down.
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#553794 Jul 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Without knowing Judaism, Roman law, Pagan religion, Hellenistic influences, etc. you do not know jack about it.
Yet you simply repeat whatever the Church tells you to believe even when it has been proven to be dead wrong for over 1700 years.
You don't have the "correct interpretation". You only have what you have been TOLD what the "correct interpretation" is.
So let me ask the question then:

How is it that you claim to have the correct interpretation? There is a remarkable intellectual shift occurring within the orthodox Christian faith. We are beginning to understand it much more clearly now. We are beginning to see just how far from the truth fundamentalist Christianity really is, as well as the more esoteric liberal views are as well.

Jerry Falwell vs. John Shelby Spong, Pat Robertson vs. Marcus Borg (and the infamous Jesus Seminar)

Extremists on both sides, leaving spiritual seekers confused, atheists even more confused and angry, and then factor in the televangelist kooks ("Profits" word play on "prohets") like Joyce Meyer, Joel Olsteen, and "Creflo Dollar" (what a giveaway that is hahahaha) and it's no wonder that people get upset and give up on it.

So let's read your "interpretation."

Fennario

#553795 Jul 3, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Speaking of mobs: Priest Beheaded as Crowd Cheers http://www.charismanews.com/world/40083-pries
Thanks for sharing more of the Christian victim mindset with us. We can always count on you to bring us the daily "woe is me" news.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. be merciful.
Merciful? Did you mean compassionate? If he had ever reached out or shown a lick of kindness to me or other skeptics, perhaps I would feel uncomfortable posting about him like that.

I have nothing to offer him or the rest of these atheophobes except my contempt for their church. They have chosen to draw a line between us and them in which unbelievers are cast as demon-infected agents of evil that are the enemies of goodness and who are fit for eternal torture. I don't particularly care for that, and I have very little compassion to show in return to anybody that thinks that way.

Sure, he was a victim of his church before he was a perp in its service, and since I care about what his church does to people, perhaps I should empathize with him. But I don't.

My Topix experience with Christians has had a tremendous impact on my appreciation for just how vile this religion is. Before I came to Topix in 2008, I mostly just rejected Christianity for myself. It is here that I have learned that this religion needs to leave the world, and it is here that I have learned to see that people like Clearwater and Skombolis are as unsalvageable as the zombies in a George Romero movie.

Regarding being merciful or compassionate, since such people are happy to volunteer themselves as agents for the propagation of their sickness, they also volunteer themselves as targets for those of us who choose to resist it.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
To remedy the situation, would you prescribe Effexor or Prozac ??..
I don't see him as depressed. He's Christianized. He's been taught that our world is vile and failed, and he is spreading his Christian pessimism while biding his time waiting to leave it.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#553796 Jul 3, 2013
==========
Speaking of Chess Jurist, has anybody figured out what that name means, and why he chose it? I have, and it's not because he is a chess playing legal man.
I can't figure it out. Jesus Christ! Just give me a minute.

I'll think of it.

Location hidden

#553797 Jul 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Spanish lessons from Boca Raton.
I know russian cities in Russian language,but have not clue about russian language,
same is IANS idiot, spanish learn among mexican criminals from slums

it is shame to see this old prick babling around,Lie, and post BS, hoping to change face of this world(just stupid narrow minded primitive)

Location hidden

#553798 Jul 3, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/post 553757
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Merciful? Did you mean compassionate? If he had ever reached out or shown a lick of kindness to me or other skeptics, perhaps I would feel uncomfortable posting about him like that.
I have nothing to offer him or the rest of these atheophobes except my contempt for their church. They have chosen to draw a line between us and them in which unbelievers are cast as demon-infected agents of evil that are the enemies of goodness and who are fit for eternal torture. I don't particularly care for that, and I have very little compassion to show in return to anybody that thinks that way.
Sure, he was a victim of his church before he was a perp in its service, and since I care about what his church does to people, perhaps I should empathize with him. But I don't.
My Topix experience with Christians has had a tremendous impact on my appreciation for just how vile this religion is. Before I came to Topix in 2008, I mostly just rejected Christianity for myself. It is here that I have learned that this religion needs to leave the world, and it is here that I have learned to see that people like Clearwater and Skombolis are as unsalvageable as the zombies in a George Romero movie.
Regarding being merciful or compassionate, since such people are happy to volunteer themselves as agents for the propagation of their sickness, they also volunteer themselves as targets for those of us who choose to resist it.
<quoted text>
I don't see him as depressed. He's Christianized. He's been taught that our world is vile and failed, and he is spreading his Christian pessimism while biding his time waiting to leave it.
mister
nobody have anything to you offer something
you are like worthless POS and poor cyber scum,not even able to have lovely relationship with your wife kids, and criminal slums friends from your shed house built from cartoons,empty beer cans and pieces of broken roof paper

what other people are,
this is not your business at all,
you have to be completly sick and stupid to put yourselves higher then anybody around

my friend you are cyber cowrad and hater,your own hate will kill you first before any removing christianity you will suffer and die like skunk realising your worthless lost years of your animal life

enjoy rest of your poor days,last day predestined to your miserable death psalm 82;5
means to you
5/ they know not,neither will they understand;
THEY WALK ON IN DARKNESS;ALL THE FOUNDATIONS OF EARTH ARE OUT OF COURSE
Psalm 69; 22-23
READ THIS PSALM MAYBE YOU START TO SEE AT LEAST WHO ARE YOU

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#553799 Jul 3, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Speaking of mobs: Priest Beheaded as Crowd Cheers http://www.charismanews.com/world/40083-pries

Thanks for sharing more of the Christian victim mindset with us. We can always count on you to bring us the daily "woe is me" news.

Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. be merciful.
quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED*
.. you probably see Mr. Clearwater as an uncompassionate Christian culture warrior, quick to condemn gays, atheists, abortion or left-wing liberals but slow to show kindness, understanding, compassion ..

.. Chris represents a Jesus void of grace, love or compassion, a bitter, depressed Jesus who sees danger everywhere. Do you want anything he has ??..

.. I see a human suffering from depression and yes, I blame his brand of religion. Someone told Chris the world and man is evil and he believes it. Wouldn't you be depressed if you believed the tantalizing breasts of Mrs. Ain were evil yet you couldn't resist that 'come hither' look? What a naughty boy you are! Indeed, you're bound for The Lake Of Fire ..

.. yes, be merciful, understand the struggles this poor boy encounters on a daily basis. Because of human needs, he sins. His path to perfection is martyrdom. Chris would surrender his family, his very being, to achieve spiritual perfection, to be cleansed of his sinful human nature ..

Location hidden

#553800 Jul 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. be merciful.
<quoted text>
.. you probably see Mr. Clearwater as an uncompassionate Christian culture warrior, quick to condemn gays, atheists, abortion or left-wing liberals but slow to show kindness, understanding, compassion ..
.. Chris represents a Jesus void of grace, love or compassion, a bitter, depressed Jesus who sees danger everywhere. Do you want anything he has ??..
.. I see a human suffering from depression and yes, I blame his brand of religion. Someone told Chris the world and man is evil and he believes it. Wouldn't you be depressed if you believed the tantalizing breasts of Mrs. Ain were evil yet you couldn't resist that 'come hither' look? What a naughty boy you are! Indeed, you're bound for The Lake Of Fire ..
.. yes, be merciful, understand the struggles this poor boy encounters on a daily basis. Because of human needs, he sins. His path to perfection is martyrdom. Chris would surrender his family, his very being, to achieve spiritual perfection, to be cleansed of his sinful human nature ..
you don't seat on Gods chair to post to the public who this guy is?

I see all your posts are judgemental of others,and you never correct your own sins and evil life

cyber deaf and blind trolls never are able to change face of this world
it is nonsense even to debate anything with all of you miserable lost trolls

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#553801 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I doubt that anybody notices. I scroll by your daily spam, and I'm sure that I'm not alone.
I know the power of the scroll also Ians.....

Fennario

#553802 Jul 3, 2013
Somebody should have told Jesus that [using parables is] not the best way to communicate effectively if what you have to say is important and needs to be understood properly. Imagine a cookbook, an assembly manual, a telephone book, directions to a destination, or a last will and testament written in parables. How about a GPS system for your car that speaks in parables? That'd be a hoot.
G_O_D wrote:
Note how useful hyperbole and metaphor is even on this thread. Even you use it for effect.
Yes, I do.

But I don't use parables to teach, and if teaching, I use metaphor and hyperbole only to amplify plain expository prose, not as a substitute for it.

I'm all for vague language in art. Song lyrics should be written in such a style.

But I'll bet that if I were a god and made a trip to earth to give my infinitely important and critical message to my creation, one that needed to be understood clearly and obeyed to the letter, I probably wouldn't use vague language.

OK, limericks maybe. And knock-knock jokes.

"Knock-knock"
"Who's there?"
"Jurgen"
"Jurgen who?"
"Yer gonna burn in hell, you sinning piece of crap!"

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#553803 Jul 3, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep putting this back onto me for some reason.
You have proof the icons are now being given by Mike?
Did he admit to them? For just last week you had it all figured out as being two other posters.
How are you comfortable in throwing names out the way you are?
You are coming pretty close to what Skom does in slandering others.
I find it unfair and as ugly as 99% of Skom's posts.
Not sure why the icons bother you so, I find it silly and a waste of time to acknowledge them..
Just my opinion , of course, and will let it rest at that.
Can you walk to the beach? So glad you love your new home.
Please give Kay my best, I think of her and 70's often..
Take care- wishing you a happy 4th.
Because you throw things out like that all the time.....

Its just ICONS....nothing to get upset over.....I was just stating an observation (which bothered you)

I may talk about the icons every day now....LOL

No....20 miles is pretty far to walk....Happy 4th also

Fennario

#553804 Jul 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about this; In vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Matthew 15:9
and this one;
We ought to obey God rather than men. Acts 5:29
and this one;
Let no soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God. Romans 13:1
This was the point I was reaching for Just my opinion is all which is really of no importance.
You are following men - the ones that told you that the words in their book came from a god.

I'll obey the first god that comes to me directly.

“FOUR HORSEMEN!”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#553805 Jul 3, 2013
HELP wrote:
Why do i always feel like im being followed?
When Ric Flair and I smoke weed it makes us so paranoid we always think people are following us. So imagine the surprise when someone really WAS following us! The guy stopped in his police car right behind us, got out, put a gun to my head and told me to give him the drugs and the money and then just ran to his car and drove off! You can imagine how disrespected one Tully Blanchard was!
That man would be found dead 3 days later after "falling" off a cliff rock. HA!

FOUR HORSEMEN!

Location hidden

#553806 Jul 3, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like all these Abrahamic religions have only one goal, and that is to destroy all others. Not only religion, but peoples culture, society structure even their natural environment. And they call that religions of peace.
I like diversity. If a Universal God is to be attributed a will, than diversity is certainly his will, and what these religions are doing is the opposite.
<quoted text>
Sounds great and makes sense. Religion should make sense and should elevate man. What nonsense to say God is all, but at the same time deny man to be Divine as well.
There is a secret war going on in this world, between those that want man to be a free soul and Divine and those that want man to be a servant and give up his soul.
Exactly, that is what is happening in the world. Most people haven't got a clue, they think it's some stupid conspiracy theory. This is why I sometimes sound really frustrated and I really defend my philosophy. If I don't, then we will go extinct like the Dodo. I'm with you on this one.

Mindless people who think they are animals are easier to control and brainwash. That's why they want to destroy the eastern philosophy of dharma, because it turns a man from an animal to a god. Dharma tells you to stop acting like an animal and grow up.

I agree with you again, they want man to be a servant to his desires. That is the war that has been going on since the beginning. Why else do you think the west has and is destroying all the different cultures? We've got to keep our beliefs alive, that's the only thing keeping us free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Im a man who enjoys wearing womens panties 3 min Pantyman57 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Tide with Beach 865,240
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min aragwen 599,892
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 40 min Baseballman91 21
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Burke Devlin 221,996
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,016
Ncole became a 'Jezebel'....but everything was ... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 14 hr Frannie 44
More from around the web