Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#553753 Jul 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Whispers. How the heck are you?
Doing good still kicking my heels together. lol Understand from threads you are in Old Mexico, right. Ever watch those people paint pictures with shoe polish amazing what talent they have with so little just goes to show is no need for books when the mind and hands can get that creative.
mike

AOL

#553754 Jul 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, It is so hot and dry in my little part of this world. Then in other places, they've had floods and too much rain recently. I pray that you will balance out the weather, that a soft and steady rain would fall to water the dry earth and that the sun and refreshing breezes would blow across the flooded areas to dry up the excess water. I pray for your protection from the elements and your provision for every need. I pray for souls that are dry and desolate, that your Spirit will nudge at their heart's door and will fill them with hope and blessed assurance through the Savior, giving new life. I pray for souls that are full of your Spirit and living in your Word and your will, that they will share that life and abundance with those around them, and continue to seek your will and your presence. Thank you, Lord, for all you do and all you've done.With love in the name of Jesus, amen.
Prime time with God
Dear GOD of Epi
Blah, Blah, BLAh,
@#$$%#@!$#&**()(*&^%$# ###$%^&*()((*&%$#
!@@@##$^&*(*()_))(&* &^^%%$##@@@&&** &*&
((*&*^%$#@!@#$&&* &*&^%%$$###$%& &&&^%$$
##@!@!@##$&&&*** &*&&^^^%%$%$$#
&^^%$#!!@#$&&& &&^^^%%$%$$#
^%%#@!!@#$
In the name of jesus, amen

Prime time entertainment
mike

AOL

#553755 Jul 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
A good thing to remember is the Bible in the head won't do, the Bible in the hand won't do, the Bible in the hip pocket won't do,
the Bible on the shelf won't do, the Bible the word of God in the heart accepted thru faith will bring a new life.
Hello lil whispers

In Zephaniah 1:8, what is meant by the "Lord's sacrifice"?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#553756 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**I see much greater problems than those. In America, the church shapes minds.
.. it's somewhat more complicated ..

.. having been raised in a Christian faith, authority figures told me what was right, what was wrong. Of course they were correct, after all, they were authority figures, the wise ones, folks with special insight who were in direct communication with a powerful, invisible source I could not see, comprehend nor understand ..

.. they had their hooks in me and, like any good fishermen, were gradually reeling me. Then, one day, I had a conversation with someone I respected ..

WISE SOMEONE: "Who told you that?"
HL: "The Church, the only true Church!"
WISE SOMEONE: "Could they be wrong?"
HL: "No."
WISE SOMEONE: "Who was the first person in The Church to tell you that?"
HL: "The Bishop."
WISE SOMEONE: "Think harder. Who was the first person to tell you about God."
<< Head down, HL thinks>>
HL: "My dad?"
SOMEONE: "Could your dad be wrong?"
<< Lightbulb blinks in HL's brain."
HL: "Yes."

.. this little saga may seem trite, boring to most, but for me, it was the day of reckoning. Could my parents, the church, everything I believed in, be wrong? Logically, the answer was, "Yes." ..

.. this leads me to one of Lil Whisper's posts today ..
lil whispers wrote:
Gnosticism Discovered.
In 1945,peasants at Nag Hammadi, on the Nile River in Egypt, discovered 13 ancient books written in Coptic that were from a Gnostic community living there about A.D. 200. The Gnostic were condemned as heretics by early church leaders, and many pseudo-Christian beliefs are indeed represented in these texts which include such tractates as the Gospel of Thomas, the Wisdom of Jesus Christ and the Apocalypse of Adam. along with portions of Plato's Republic. Comes from Bible fact book.
.. it's my contention that Lil's parents told her what to believe, what to read. Their beliefs became her beliefs and the church became her new authority figure, replacement parents. It told her what to read, what not to read, even how to think ..

.. while the church may have helped mold Lil's spiritual beliefs, her parents probably instilled them ..

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#553757 Jul 3, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Speaking of mobs:
Priest Beheaded as Crowd Cheers
http://www.charismanews.com/world/40083-pries ...
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
And thanks for sharing more of the Christian victim mindset with us. We can always count on you to bring us the daily "woe is me" news.
.. be merciful. To remedy the situation, would you prescribe Effexor or Prozac ??..

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553758 Jul 3, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus a zealot, that's a mischaracteriztation. Us sentient beings think we are special but we are not. We are as expendable as the billion chickens we slaughter every day.#3 means take heed.
A bit early in the day to be stoned, isn't it ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553759 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Somebody should have told Jesus that that's not the best way to communicate effectively if what you have to say is important and needs to be understood properly.....
Not if you are raised in the rabbinic tradition.

It's all about poetic analogy and allegory.

Note how useful hyperbole and metaphor is even on this thread. Even you use it for effect.

Also note that the Jesus biographers have an agenda of their own and there are more 'biographies' regarding Jesus than the Bible ones....many more.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553760 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Confucius say, "The search of the inner self requires a prepared mind."
A good education and a skeptical mind ? <smile>

"There is a vast difference between having an open mind and having a hole in one's head." - James Randi

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#553761 Jul 3, 2013
Bongo wrote:
Proverbs 11:10 When the righteous prosper, the city rejoices; when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy

Parables are great
Yeah, I see what you mean now. That was great. You just can't find wisdom like that anywhere but in the bible.

Except maybe horoscopes:

Daily Horoscope for July 3 - Cancer - "There's a scratchy atmosphere between you and a certain person today, making you both want to lash out."

Daily Horoscope for July 3 - Pisces - "It's easy to let your emotions get the better of you, making you sensitive and easily hurt"

Daily Horoscope for July 3 - Virgo - "Someone is rather touchy and agitated today, and it is difficult to keep things under control"

Daily Horoscope for July 3 - Aries - "Think twice before asking the advice of anyone dear to your heart because they're likely to get themselves into a flap."

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553762 Jul 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Here another question for you. One church main branch which church was that one that all the other churches and beliefs branched off of???? Do you know which one it was????
Iam not sure what you are asking.

From around 350 AD the Roman (Catholic) Church was the (almost) sole Christian Denomination in existence. 99% all modern Christian denominations, sects and cults are slight variations on the Roman (Catholic) Church.

Prior to 350 AD there were dozens if not hundreds of Christian sects with no two agreeing on much of anything other than "Jesus was important".

Fennario

#553763 Jul 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
The posts you missed will be repeated again...and again...and again....LOL
I doubt that anybody notices. I scroll by your daily spam, and I'm sure that I'm not alone.

Fennario

#553765 Jul 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
A good thing to remember is the Bible in the head won't do ... the Bible the word of God in the heart accepted thru faith will bring a new life.
Who else apart from Christians exhorts us to read a book mindlessly and uncritically? Who else needs to?
Neb Senu

Upper Darby, PA

#553766 Jul 3, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>It was one of them. It was Elohim.
So you ARE a polytheist.
That's good. You're showing some advancement.
Neb Senu

Upper Darby, PA

#553767 Jul 3, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Those words apply to the words belonging to man(kind) Catcher; but no to GOD nor JESUS. For all those that say they are not real, I can only have sympathy ~ where they call believers with real FAITH lazy and uneducated, in actual fact, we have become educated enough to leave certain things in the hands of our MASTER ~ knowing HE will craft the ending with loving hands.
Knowing your Angels will be with you when you give up your Soul is a heckuva lot more feeling of ecstasy than simply believing your take your last breath and the light goes out ~ that being the end of the story. I cannot see nor comprehend that as a future for anyone... so cannot give it much thought. Basically, it does not compute and I am not seeking to make it compute, I am seeking to strengthen the feeling of ecstasy. And that is done by cleansing of the Soul, and also the Vessel. The no longer wanting human weakness within, for want of another way of putting it!!
It is only the end of the Chapter, the story continues and records are stored in the best data base humans could even comprehend, even though their comprehension is growing. We are miraculous beings, not flukes of circumstance, and we are here because someone, somewhere along the line loved someone, so we are the results of love. Our DNA tells the story of our origins, and our actions fill in the gaps along the way. Looking for clean actions in the final DNA recording is achievable, and also, desirable :)
It is the Holy Book of Life ~
Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.(KJV)
Revelation 3:5 5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
One needs to feel the Angels, Catcher, not only believe in them. We need to understand our own gut feelings, thoughts and plans and not let negativity block our way. Big topic, but it is a bit off topic these days, so thought I would pop in a bit of what we have learned over the years in here. And why you see the lovely Posters disappear from here; they have FB and there is no negativity in here, and much action and keeping in touch with each other.
You might think you are blasting a Christian forum to pieces, and having fun doing it, but in my eyes, you are just making fools of yourselves as you try to prove to us that your close the eyes end of the saga theory goes, no such things and Angels and no results worth achieving for the end of our test.
And those that want to join our family, regardless of their beliefs, are welcomed and treated accordingly. We are proving that Atheists and Christians can regard each other for their actions, not their beliefs, and it is the actions that count.
You speak of angels.
Then tell me, why would an angel be portrayed as having wings if they are supposed to be supernatural?
Neb Senu

Upper Darby, PA

#553768 Jul 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Please help me learn the lessons you desire me to learn in the circumstances of daily life and in the deserts through which I travel. Thank you for being my Oasis that I can look to, hope for, and know will be there at the end of the deserts in life and the end of the great journey of life. Help me to be like a camel in the desert to lead the "radically unchurched" to a saving knowledge and commitment to You--the Oasis--that they may have new life and life everlasting. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Prime time with God
Would you like tp be a one-humped or two-humped camel?
Neb Senu

Upper Darby, PA

#553769 Jul 3, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello G :) I would agree and disagree. Elohim is plural. As you know, the him suffix makes the word plural. Though because the noun and the verb have to be plural, and I haven't checked this yet, there could be other reasons for the him ending. I don't know yet. It is accepted by others though to be plural. The plural ending is explained by many as being aspects of God rather then different Gods. And the verses that indicate that there is only one true God is used to support the monotheistic view. The plural aspects, supported the view that Jesus is an aspect of God and the Holy Spirit being an aspect of God. And that supported by John's In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God and all things were created by him etc.
A good example of a god being a god but not being a true God. Is a sports team or an entertainer. To the person worshiping them they are Gods. But they are fake gods. They are not the true God. People worship Topix, they can't live without it. It is their God, but it is not God. This is what the bible presents. Man makes many gods, but they are not God. There is only one true God. I am sure there are those on this site that can quote verses where the Bible say there is only one God. If none do and you would like to see such verses, bring it up to me and I will get them for you. Many people say the trinity. But, as I have mentioned on here before, I don't see anything that limit the aspects of God to three. Though the aspects of God line of thinking does fit with what the Bible teaches. A person is made with many parts, hands, feet, cells, etc. The DNA of each would identify them as being the one person. The hand is not the foot or the foot the eye, etc. But, the DNA of the foot would indicate it is that person as would the DNA of each part. Though there is an individuality of each part. They are part of the one person. Something like that :) Just some of my thoughts on the matter :)
Hi.
Your statement that there is only a one true god is false.
A monotheistic worship did not appear until the late 2nd millenia or the very early 1st millenia BC.
Prior to that all documentations pointed to a polytheistic system/s.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#553770 Jul 3, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello lil whispers
In Zephaniah 1:8, what is meant by the "Lord's sacrifice"?
Come O Zion, Escape you who live in the Daughter of Babylon.
For who ever touches you touches the apple of His eye.

So now Mike tell me what the two olive trees on the right and the left of the lampstand???
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#553771 Jul 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you are raised in the rabbinic tradition.
It's all about poetic analogy and allegory.
Note how useful hyperbole and metaphor is even on this thread. Even you use it for effect.
Also note that the Jesus biographers have an agenda of their own and there are more 'biographies' regarding Jesus than the Bible ones....many more.
Good points G_O_D. I believe that much of the difficulty in understanding metaphor comes from what we become accustomed to in life. A surgeon or lawyer can't be expected to read a patient's chart or a legal brief metaphorically. They have to read it literally. A structural engineer can't afford to read blueprints for a suspension bridge allegorically or poetically. As a result, it becomes habit to read everything literally, and so understanding metaphor becomes an exercise in frustration and a real intellectual challenge.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553772 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Who else apart from Christians exhorts us to read a book mindlessly and uncritically? Who else needs to?
Islam.

Unless you consider them just another form of Christianity like I do.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553773 Jul 3, 2013
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points G_O_D. I believe that much of the difficulty in understanding metaphor comes from what we become accustomed to in life. A surgeon or lawyer can't be expected to read a patient's chart or a legal brief metaphorically. They have to read it literally. A structural engineer can't afford to read blueprints for a suspension bridge allegorically or poetically. As a result, it becomes habit to read everything literally, and so understanding metaphor becomes an exercise in frustration and a real intellectual challenge.
It is the difference between "Battle Orders for the Somme" and "All Quiet on the Western Front".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 7 min UnderstandPeople 210
why have black people got no history? (Apr '11) 9 min Johnny 8
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 16 min andet1987 2,346
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 49 min new ideas 106,077
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min Liamm 650,545
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 971,862
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Aura Mytha 56,148
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Rider on the Storm 182,965
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr ChristineM 445,930
More from around the web