Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553688 Jul 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Y lie about such a thing?! Out of the 2 of them, she's the one who has at least one leg to stand on.
Excellent and accurate!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#553690 Jul 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
"Homosexual pedophiles sexually molest children at a far greater rate compared to the percentage of homosexuals in the general population." For the record i have no idea if this is true
I do. It is true. It is analytically true, the same way that "All bachelors are unmarried" is analytically true
Skombolis wrote:
the author is NOT saying pedophile homosexuals molest more than non-pedophile homosexuals
Yes, I know. I told you what the sentence says. It says that if you consider the set of all homosexuals, the subset that are pedophiles moles children at a greater rate that the ones that are not pedophiles. It was an amazing insight.
Skombolis wrote:
The RATE he is referring to is per capita
That for the percentage of homosexuals in the general population, there is a disproportionately high rate of pedophiles
I'm afraid that you mangled that one, too. The meaning of the sentence is self-evident. He didn't refer to heterosexuals in that sentence.
Skombolis wrote:
this is just another example of you being incapable of admitting you are wrong so matter ho obvious
My sentiments exactly, albeit in reverse.

Fennario

#553691 Jul 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Of course pedophiles molest more that non-pedophiles. It is absurd to think that is what the author wrote.
This is undoubtedly how you process the absurd things that you read in your bible. You just assume they couldn't means what they seem to mean, and change it to something that you like better. Aren't you also one of the Christians that doesn't want there to be a hell, so there isn't one?
Skombolis wrote:
how is that tautology? He is reinforcing a false truth that pedophiles molest more than non-pedophiles?
False truth? You're confused.

Look up the word:

Tautology - "the saying of the same thing twice in different words, generally considered to be a fault of style. A phrase or expression in which the same thing is said twice in different words."
Skombolis wrote:
The tautology you are arguing he is presenting is just what I said he said, that a higher rate of abusers are homosexuals
That is neither what the sentence says, nor tautological.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#553692 Jul 2, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> World renown Buck Crik needs to come back here and inculcate you . If you obey Buck maybe you may be able to change your reputation of being a DORK.
So wake up Buck, get him out of his stupor and back here.

I miss the give-and-take with him on the Constitution and the role of the Supreme Court.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553693 Jul 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
.....If you weren't a faith based thinker, I would likely have the same relationship with you that I do with EVERY OTHER skeptic on this thread - amicable. All of the squabbling is with Christians, and is obviously related to their Christianity.
I Guess I am somewhere in between. <smile>

I have some 'superstitious' beliefs but can also "bury the hatchet" and "kiss and make-up".

Personally what people believe doesn't matter much to me. It is what one says and does that makes one honorable (a "Ben'Adam" as the Israelis say).

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#553694 Jul 2, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I really enjoyed it. It compliments some theories I have floating around in my head :) I thought you would like it :) Pretty fascinating :)
It was. There have been many experiments done in this area. It has also been done with "physical" elements.
It appears there is a 5th dimension where nearly 1/2 of actuality can exist and become intangible and invisible to the 3rd dimension. It is accomplished with "frequency" modulation. I believe it is the catalyst of super-conductance causing an atomic realignment.
The human nervous system is reliant on just such a "type" of system...therefor, so also could the information paths of the chromosomes.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#553695 Jul 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
It called triskaidekaphobia. I was born of the 13th, so consider it my lucky number.
In Germany 13 is a lucky number

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553696 Jul 2, 2013
The Ghost Rider of NM wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening John and Old School Granny. I was just passing through and saw both of you were still on the thread. I got off the forums for quiet a while because of all the fighting that people were doing when they invaded all the threads. I wanted to give all of you a wave as I passed by.
OSG hasn't been around for months.

"John Coffey" got banned a looong time ago and goes by "Red Apples" now.

Click the "go to last page" button. It is now 2013. LOL

I doubt you will enjoy the place now. We got some of them heretics, atheists, Catholics and ,worst of all, some Jews here.

"Move along. Nothing to see here." - Cheif Wiggins

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553697 Jul 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that extends to the entire region and pretty much all of the cultures that emerged from the region, and it shouldn't be surprising, since the Sumerian culture was one of the first and most dominant in the Fertile Crescent.
Every culture afterwards, retained some portion of Sumerian mythology.
Agreed. Good point!

Fennario

#553698 Jul 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Christianity has always been a white patriarchal religion that embraces the enslavement of others be it blacks, atheists, gays, Hispanics or females ..
.. yesterday, Ohio passed a stringent abortion law that virtually withdraws a woman's right to her body. What's missing from this picture ??..
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ohio...
.. do you see any women? You guessed it !!- a Christian governor flanked by men ..
.. in Texas today, another draconian anti-abortion bill will probably pass. Who presented it? You guessed it !!- a Christian governor and his male cohorts. This bill even prevents rape crisis centers from counseling a woman on her options and will make abortion in TX virtually illegal ..
Yes, that's Christianity.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. turn about is fair play, right? If men can tell women what they can and cannot do with their womb, women should be able to tell men what they can and cannot do with their penis. Wouldn't you agree ??..
That might not be revenge.

You remind me of a joke:

When a man talks dirty to a woman, that’s sexual harassment.
When a woman talks dirty to a man, that’s $4.95 a minute.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#553699 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, that's Christianity.
<quoted text>
That might not be revenge.
You remind me of a joke:
When a man talks dirty to a woman, that’s sexual harassment.
When a woman talks dirty to a man, that’s $4.95 a minute.
A man who looks into a house through a window and sees a naked woman inside is guilty of being a peeping tom.

If a woman looks into a house through a window and sees a naked man inside, he's guilty of indecent exposure.

Fennario

#553700 Jul 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
One should understand that Jesus was a Jew. Even today the Jewish concept of "an everlasting Hell" is what in common terms is called a "guilty conscience".
How many people do you know that are "haunted" by mistakes of the past, will "carry guilt to their grave". We can carry these feelings over accidental and purposeful actions to the extreme and create for ourselves a "Hell on earth" in our psyches.
However, it is possible that Jesus had been Hellenized and had adopted pagan beliefs in an afterlife thus a Tartarus and Elesian Fields dichotic hereafter concepts.
In the later case, one could argue (depending on the Jewish doctrine)that he was a sinful Jew OR that there was nothing wrong with postmortem speculation.
In reality, if the Sanhedrin wanted to get rid of him it would have been for far more things that Jesus said than claiming to be the Messiah (which never was, nor is, blasphemy in Judaism).
Whether an itinerant zealot named Jesus existed or not - and what if anything such a person actually believed or said if he did exist - is not so much the point as is what the character in the book is alleged to have said. There is not much doubt in my mind that the book god threatens us with a literal hell:

[1] "anyone who says,'You fool!" will be in danger of the fire of Hell." (Matthew 5:22)

[2] "there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 8:12)

[3] "Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:28)

[4] "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." (Matthew 25:46)

[5] "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." (Mark 9:44)

You're expected to be pretty scared by now.

Fennario

#553701 Jul 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
Proverbs 3:15
Gods don't write like this. I wouldn't write like this - compare two things and then immediately contradict myself by saying that one of them can't be compared.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#553702 Jul 2, 2013
Rachel's household Gods

When Rachel left her father's household after she married Jacob, she took with her the family's household gods and hid them under her saddle. Her father, Laban was alarmed enough to come after her and retrieve them. These were small idols kept in private households and consulted to get direction about the future. This comes from Bible facts book.

Location hidden

#553703 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Gods don't write like this. I wouldn't write like this - compare two things and then immediately contradict myself by saying that one of them can't be compared.
Well no one ever meet anyone who talks like you either.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553704 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Whether an itinerant zealot named Jesus existed or not - and what if anything such a person actually believed or said if he did exist - is not so much the point as is what the character in the book is alleged to have said. There is not much doubt in my mind that the book god threatens us with a literal hell:
[1] "anyone who says,'You fool!" will be in danger of the fire of Hell." (Matthew 5:22)
[2] "there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 8:12)
[3] "Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:28)
[4] "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." (Matthew 25:46)
[5] "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." (Mark 9:44)
You're expected to be pretty scared by now.
That would be the Christian interpretation. Yes.

A Jew would read that as:

1: Stupid people make mistakes that can make the them utterly miserable.

2: Grieving and mourning is a universal human experience.

3: Be careful of that voice in your head telling you to do things you know you shouldn't do and will regret for the rest of your life.(AKA Satan)

4: The people who give in to their animal instincts will have miserable lives while those who moderate their desires will usually be happy and pleasant.

5: Some mistakes in life are irreversible, the consequences will ruin your entire life.

One can take the words literally like a Christian or not. I choose not to. The 'Jewish' interpretation makes a whole lot more sense and actually is useful 'here and now'.

Recall that in the book, Jesus says he talks in parables, not literally.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553705 Jul 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Rachel's household Gods
When Rachel left her father's household after she married Jacob, she took with her the family's household gods and hid them under her saddle. Her father, Laban was alarmed enough to come after her and retrieve them. These were small idols kept in private households and consulted to get direction about the future. This comes from Bible facts book.
Yep.

it proves that the Hebrews were polytheists. It is backed up by archeology as well. Pure Monotheism was not even a Jewish doctrine until after the Babylonian captivity.

Location hidden

#553706 Jul 2, 2013
Artemis' sacred stone.

One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World was the Temple of Artemis (Diana) at Ephesus. Paul's preaching against idolatry at Ephesus threatened the lucrative trade in religious souvenirs, since people came from all around to see the temple and the sacred stone that fell from the sky.(Acts 19:35) Comes from Bible fact book.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553707 Jul 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no one ever meet anyone who talks like you either.
I meet them all the time.

Of course I live a part of the country with an excellent education system in place and a tradition of free thinking.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553708 Jul 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Artemis' sacred stone.
One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World was the Temple of Artemis (Diana) at Ephesus. Paul's preaching against idolatry at Ephesus threatened the lucrative trade in religious souvenirs, since people came from all around to see the temple and the sacred stone that fell from the sky.(Acts 19:35) Comes from Bible fact book.
Just like Luther and others threatened the income of the Catholic Churches.

"Follow the money"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min ATHEOI 48,626
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min Rosesz 646,592
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min Toby 105,593
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 27 min X Pendable 182,649
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 33 min Ann Bonney 53,817
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 33 min Anna 971,662
Best "budget burger" I've ever had!! 35 min Doctor REALITY 3
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr Steve III 44,682
More from around the web