Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#553527 Jul 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally think that the statistics are a bit skewed.
What do we call a father that rapes his own children? What do we accuse them of?
Normally we would refer to these fathers as one who commits incest. Sometimes we refer to them as child rapists.
Why don't we use the term "pedophiles" to describe them?
What are the reasons you believe the statistics are skewed? Just classification?

If cases of incest are also not considered pedophilia than I would agree but i would have to see something that indicates that is how the date is collected. Because obvious parents or step-parents molesting a child are most likely heterosexual. But I would be very surprised if for example incest is not also included in the national stats for abuse that categorize the abuser
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I also think that we confuse our definitions.
Homosexuals - sex with same gender
Heterosexuals - sex with the opposite gender
Pedophile - sex with children
I don't know. I used to think like this too but are we simplifying it too much? I was under the impression pedophiles generally stick to one sex. For example obviously someone molests little boys or someone molests little girls but its the rarity its both and/or a major exception if it does occur

So if a man only molests girls it would seem (to me anyway) he has some heterosexual desires that are mixed up with his pedophilia

And if a man only molests boys it would seem (to me anyway) he has some homosexual desires that are mixed up with his pedophilia

You know me, this is no attempt to paint the homosexual community as pedophiles. But if the percentage of abusers are pretty much equal between straight and gay and yet gay only makes up 10% of the population, we do need to find out if that correlation means something

I don't know what and part of the problem is we still don't know much about why people are pedophiles. But its important people research with the goal being children's safety, not trying to disparage some group.

JMO

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#553528 Jul 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
And Everst is a true ocean?
Do you mean Mount Everest is a true mountain?
And no man is in a position to speak on who is a "true Christian"
Although in your case, it is just a sad attempt to rationalize your bigotry
You were a bigot before you came to this room.
Although by your own admission you have given at least 6 Christians you claim are good people that you have no problem with. That's more people you like that are Christian in here than you don't like. Yet you remain a bigot and justify it by claiming the people you don't like are the "true Christians" so you can feel better about being a bigot
Our disagreements don't even have anything to do with the faith as I have told you repeatedly I don't care what you think about the faith and have no interest in sharing my beliefs with you
Your ego is terrified of obscurity. And you need someone to direct your self-loathing other than inward
When did you start your anti-Christian Internet campaign. Was it after you moved to Mexico?
Good morning Skom.

I believe it's more like "Was it after you were forced to move to Mexico?" I believe the only reason he's in Mexico (if he actually is) is because he was forced to flee there to avoid prosecution for some medical malfeasance, or for some other violation of the law. And that's if any of what he claims is true. Aka, actually being a doctor at all, or even being in Mexico.

I believe he's as fake as a 3 dollar bill.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#553529 Jul 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
**PORTIONS SNIPPED**They just reinterpret scripture and revise history to match the new ethical code, then give the credit to their god and its eternal and unchanging moral code.
.. Christianity has always been a white patriarchal religion that embraces the enslavement of others be it blacks, atheists, gays, Hispanics or females ..

.. yesterday, Ohio passed a stringent abortion law that virtually withdraws a woman's right to her body. What's missing from this picture ??..

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ohio...

.. do you see any women? You guessed it !!- a Christian governor flanked by men ..

.. in Texas today, another draconian anti-abortion bill will probably pass. Who presented it? You guessed it !!- a Christian governor and his male cohorts. This bill even prevents rape crisis centers from counseling a woman on her options and will make abortion in TX virtually illegal ..

.. turn about is fair play, right? If men can tell women what they can and cannot do with their womb, women should be able to tell men what they can and cannot do with their penis. Wouldn't you agree ??..

Location hidden

#553530 Jul 2, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you deduce that? Do you talk to yourself?
LOL
Heh

Actually my 'dump' said nothing

That immediately made it smarter than Scaritual considering the things he has said!

LOL

Location hidden

#553531 Jul 2, 2013
Edit Epi

I meant Lacez!

Although this seems like a waste of an edit:)

Location hidden

#553533 Jul 2, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Skom.
I believe it's more like "Was it after you were forced to move to Mexico?" I believe the only reason he's in Mexico (if he actually is) is because he was forced to flee there to avoid prosecution for some medical malfeasance, or for some other violation of the law. And that's if any of what he claims is true. Aka, actually being a doctor at all, or even being in Mexico.
Good Morning RA

I absolutely believe that

The reasons he gives make zero sense

And there are so many other countries he could have went to that are so much better where he would still have the same advantages yet not be somewhere that minimum age is $5 a day for the country for non-professionals and $8 for them

Yet look at the proximity to the United States. Just far enough away where he can't be extradited or charged for civil cases. Yet the absolute closest to it where he could still sneak back across avoid process servers to see family

Everything about it looks like someone who wanted to make sure they just got across the border for legal reasons. Add to that the way he talked about his patients and how he would get rid of them if they didn't follow his instructions and the way he wrote scripts while denying blatantly obvious truths about addictive medication and it would all line up.

And I bet you this is when his Internet campaign took off

It was probably a Christian that sued him

JMO

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#553534 Jul 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Christianity has always been a white patriarchal religion that embraces the enslavement of others be it blacks, atheists, gays, Hispanics or females ..
.. yesterday, Ohio passed a stringent abortion law that virtually withdraws a woman's right to her body. What's missing from this picture ??..
.. do you see any women? You guessed it !!- a Christian governor flanked by men ..
.. in Texas today, another draconian anti-abortion bill will probably pass. Who presented it? You guessed it !!- a Christian governor and his male cohorts. This bill even prevents rape crisis centers from counseling a woman on her options and will make abortion in TX virtually illegal ..
.. turn about is fair play, right? If men can tell women what they can and cannot do with their womb, women should be able to tell men what they can and cannot do with their penis. Wouldn't you agree ??..
In all fairness, you women already tell us what to do with our penis......

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553535 Jul 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Those words apply to the words belonging to man(kind) Catcher; but no to GOD nor JESUS. For all those that say they are not real,....
All you had to write is, "I am not a Ray Charles fan."

Wow!

All that over song lyrics ?

Seriously ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553536 Jul 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
What about now?
I guess it's too late?
The treatment worked as far as looks. The rest I learned to live with for the last 45 years.

Location hidden

#553537 Jul 2, 2013
Edit Annie

I would that what I think needs to be looked at is possible causality

I have no doubt some pedophiles are born that way

However we know for a fact a lot of times it is learned behavior. For whatever reason, someone that was abused will turn into an abuser

One would think a victim of abuse would be the last one to continue the cycle yet they are often the first. Why?

Is it the abuse left them without empathy for others? Is it a need hurt others as they have been hurt? Is it simply repeating learned behavior during formative years?

We know someone can learn to be a pedophile but we don't know exactly how that is or why. And this is where I think the focus needs to be.

Someone who is homosexual may experience that lack of empathy for others if they were treated poorly. They may also want to lash out. Can a societal belief of what is "deviant" effect how someone looks at other deviant behavior?

The answer why the rate of homosexual abusers is higher may simply be cyclical. And so the pattern of abuse remains the same rate for learned behavior. But a reason for looking into this may be a positive. Perhaps treating homosexuals poorly in society pushes some to become abusers? Or perhaps having to repress a sexual identity or outlet can push someone in this direction? If that is the case it might also change how we look at things like vows of celibacy

I have no idea what if any things may be connected. My only concern is the children. But I am just saying if proportionally one group abuses more and abuse can be a learned behavior, we need to look at every possible cause to see if as a society there is anything we can change or anything we have culpability in

I personally would like to know why abusers repeat the cycle. Although would we get honest answers from them? In any event, I think that is the place to start. As part of sentencing i believe abusers need to undergo psychological exams so as a society we can figure out why this learned behavior is engaged in

JMO

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#553538 Jul 2, 2013
My son forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments.

For length of days and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart.

So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart: and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy path.

Be not wise in thine own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil.
Proverbs 3:1-7

Location hidden

#553539 Jul 2, 2013
It shall be health to thy navel and marrow to thy bones.

Honour the Lord with thy substance and with the firstfruits of all thine increase.

So shall thy barns be filled with plenty and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

My son despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction:

For whom the Lord loveth the correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Happy is the man that findeth wisdom and the man that getteth understanding.

For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver and the gain thereof than fine gold.
proverbs 3:8-14

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553540 Jul 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Russell covers that well in his section entitled "The Moral Problem"
http://www.users.drew.edu/~jlenz/whynot.html
"Christ certainly as depicted in the Gospels did believe in everlasting punishment,...
One should understand that Jesus was a Jew. Even today the Jewish concept of "an everlasting Hell" is what in common terms is called a "guilty conscience".

How many people do you know that are "haunted" by mistakes of the past, will "carry guilt to their grave". We can carry these feelings over accidental and purposeful actions to the extreme and create for ourselves a "Hell on earth" in our psyches.

However, it is possible that Jesus had been Hellenized and had adopted pagan beliefs in an afterlife thus a Tartarus and Elesian Fields dichotic hereafter concepts.

In the later case, one could argue (depending on the Jewish doctrine)that he was a sinful Jew OR that there was nothing wrong with postmortem speculation.

In reality, if the Sanhedrin wanted to get rid of him it would have been for far more things that Jesus said than claiming to be the Messiah (which never was, nor is, blasphemy in Judaism).

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553541 Jul 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, ok. Sorry.
I concede that, I misunderstood you.
No problem.

Do not take things literally. Communication is far more than words.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553542 Jul 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Legally? No. They are illegal killing, hence murder.
Then mafia 'executions' are not 'executions'.

Did you know that Latin (Romans) had more words for
'kill' and 'death' than any other language ?

Location hidden

#553543 Jul 2, 2013
She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.

Length of days is in her right hand and in her left hand riches and honour.

Her ways are ways of pleasantness and all her paths are peace.

She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.

By his knowledge the depths are broken up and the clouds drop down the dew.
Proverbs 3:15-20
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#553544 Jul 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>It is a natural separation as the results of our work ~ why do you think our future realm would be the continuation of argument and disbelief? Do you think the next realm should have debates about their being a next world, or do you think there would be a natural progression, those are still asking questions and tossing insults around heading that way and those that are seeking to care for each other this way? Do you think we should take all that is wrong in this world and drag it around forever, letting it get worse along the way? We will be the results of the nourishment of our DNA ~ just like the caterpillar to a degree, and accordingly, we are building our own futures. When we give up our Soul, we want to make sure that we are giving up something ...... and I'll leave that something up to the individual, because we don't all have the same expectation of outcome :)
Hi Serah,

I am not quite following you. What next realm are you talking about? And what do you mean about giving up our Soul?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553545 Jul 2, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
You're as queer as a three dollar bill.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553546 Jul 2, 2013
The end-runs around Roe v. Wade if allowed to continue will eventually give the state the right to force women to have abortions.

THAT was an opinion of one of the justices deciding RvW.

"Sold his birthright for a mess of pottage." THAT is what America is doing.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#553547 Jul 2, 2013
My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion:

So shall they be life unto thy soul and grace to thy neck.

Then shalt thou walk in thy way of safely and thy foot shall not stumble.

When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea thou shalt lie down and thy sleep shall be sweet.

Be not afraid of sudden fear neither of the desolation of the wicked when it cometh.

For the Lord shall be thy confidence and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is the power of thine hand to do it.
Proverbs 3:21-27

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Catcher1 48,838
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 7 min A human being 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min Just Think 105,632
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 25 min okimar 53,820
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 28 min andet1987 2,071
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min Anthony MN 646,677
Antwan Carter 1 hr Latrina Waters 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr RiversideRedneck 971,710
More from around the web