Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#553432 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about dancing in the streets?
Or flash mobs?
Are those ok?
Clementine, you have become so serious....
Yh, they defo good! That should be made compulsory by law!! I do it all the time!! Shall we dance?

I know! What did I say to u in my PM? I said, "I'll come back but I'm not going to......." You know what I said, sshhh!! But look at me now! U know who I blame? I blame u and the 'guys', u didn't keep a close eye on me. U better get me out of this mess, i'm tried of it!! I'm not messin', I'm well serious, man!!! U hear me???
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#553433 Jul 1, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about England; where I live.

It's wonderful because it's the truth and the truth is wonderful.

Our philosophy is to let people believe what they want and only to intervene if their philosophy attacks us. I don't want to save the world, I'm trying to save myself.

Yes, I did, but did I ever say that I was perfect? I said our philosophy is good. And I am trying my best to educate people about their governments and even though it's not working i'm still at it.
I have read many conspiracy theories on that, and they may be more or less true, I find it difficult to judge. From a religious viewpoint, who do you think is in control of this world, your God or the rulers of the world? To what extend are people in control of the world?

I find it difficult to discuss about truth, as it is a very personal matter. Once people say it is truth, the door is shut.

I am not attacking your philosophy, which is Dharmic in nature I guess. But you seem to clearly distance yourself from the "idol worshippers". I am a polytheist, I reject monotheism as a simplification of true religion. If it comes to aggression monotheist are on the top of the list.

I have never understood why it is such a great thing for human kind to bring the number of gods back to one. As far as I can see, it is more an intermediate step, to zero.

It creates the idea of one truth, which makes monotheists rather single minded and less tolerant to other truths. They subscribe the same traits to their one God, who is described as jealous and wrathful.

As a polytheist i do not care the least bit about what other people worship, as it is a highly personal matter. I think people should have the freedom to worship the God(s) they feel closest too. This feeling aspect makes polytheism more related with devotion, whereas monotheism relies heavily on scriptures and rational thinking.

I think it is only logical that Dharmic religion grew out of polytheism, not monotheism. Polytheism is more naturally respectful to other peoples beliefs. And devotion, which is basically love giving, creates more loving people than people rationally following scriptures.

The most silly line of scriptures I find Jesus words: "I command they to love one another". Love on command. As if such a command would create loving people. Well Christians have proven the opposite. To be honest I must admit that better reading discloses that Jesus hates all that reject him and expects the same of his servants. But even the "love" among Christians I find severely lacking and more calculated in nature.

I am not judging your religion, as I have great respect for all dharmic religions, I was just wondering what makes it better than polytheism. I am prepared to believe it is better than Christianity and Islam, but that is hardly an accomplishment. If your read their books you know these religions have little elevated ideas to offer and lots egomaniac delusion.

Personally I find it very liberating to base religion on devotion/spirituality/feeling rather than scripture/reasoning. This way it does not confine you to beliefs. I love Myths, they are everybody's guess, and no ones truth.

So what makes your religion better then polytheism? What is so civilized about having one God? Is it "My god is the biggest", or "I only answer to number one". Just curious, no disrespect meant.

Location hidden

#553434 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a farce and he's a hypocrite.
"We want to stand upon our own feet and look fair and square at the world -- its good facts, its bad facts, its beauties, and its ugliness; see the world as it is and be not afraid of it."
Sure, this is what he claimed, but he spent countless hours trying to convince others to not be a Christian.
Here's the "book", it'll waste 10 minutes of your life.
http://www.users.drew.edu/~jlenz/whynot.html
Thanks, u sexist!

I've clicked the star symbol, i'll read it when i'm free.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#553435 Jul 1, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, u sexist!
I've clicked the star symbol, i'll read it when i'm free.
You're welcome, broad!
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#553436 Jul 1, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Then pit thy Sicilian against me! Thy will face the wrath of Double Fine!!
I never play open Sicilian. Strategically unsound. Why on earth give off a centre pawn for a queen's bishop pawn??!
I don't open with the Sicilian.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#553437 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome, broad!
Did you ever think if there's a problem, it might be with you?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#553438 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"We want to stand upon our own feet and look fair and square at the world -- its good facts, its bad facts, its beauties, and its ugliness; see the world as it is and be not afraid of it."
Sure, this is what he claimed, but he spent countless hours trying to convince others to not be a Christian.
thanks, I read it

How can 10 minutes reading be "countless hours trying to convince others to not be a Christian"?

The book is indeed short. He could have given hundred times more reasons by he confines to a few. He is concise and direct:
You find as you look around the world that every single bit of progress in humane feeling, every improvement in the criminal law, every step toward the diminution of war, every step toward better treatment of the colored races, or every mitigation of slavery, every moral progress that there has been in the world, has been consistently opposed by the organized churches of the world. I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world.
This is sadly so

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#553439 Jul 1, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwwww!! Thank u for that, my darling!
Don't panic, I haven't forgotten u, I always read your comments, even if I don't say anything.
Have I ever told u that I like fools that r caring? ;-)
Sometimes I don't even know which thread I'm on, Clementine.

Location hidden

#553440 Jul 1, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read many conspiracy theories on that, and they may be more or less true, I find it difficult to judge. From a religious viewpoint, who do you think is in control of this world, your God or the rulers of the world? To what extend are people in control of the....So what makes your religion better then polytheism? What is so civilized about having one God? Is it "My god is the biggest", or "I only answer to number one". Just curious, no disrespect meant.
It's not a conspiracy. The governments r not moral, just look at what is happening in the world. I'm an educated girl who doesn't believe that this world is ruled by aliens. That could be the case but I really doubt it. I'm not a conspiracy nut!

At the moment, evil people are in control of the world. But u could argue that God created evil people and allows them to be evil, therefore God is in control of the world and he is evil. The answer to this question depends on your philosophy. If people unite and have 1 aim, then nobody can stop the people.

You are wrong. Polytheism of the eastern religions has come out of dharma, not the other way around. We r not against anyone's belief. In our philosophy u can believe whatever u want, but your philosophy must not be dangerous to yourself or other people. We are against the fakers, not the honest believers. U can worship idols, we don't judge anybody coz of that. I go to mandir myself, but I don't believe that the stone in a mandir is 'God'. Well, it is, but then everything is 'God'.

I am a Sikh and my religion is not to worship idols, but to stand up for the rights of others. We only follow our scriptures. That is our belief. When did the Sikh gurus ever stop Hindus from worshiping stones? NEVER! The 9th guru died to protect the belief of polytheists. Our philosophy has never been aggressive. Well, it has, but only when it has had to protect others. Look, for our philosophy to survive, we have to follow the rules and laws.

Polytheism was a way of helping people understand the 'oneness'. But people forgot that we r all one and now there are many sects of Hinduism and sikhism. They have all forgotten dharma and they keep fighting because they think their god is better. U see what happens when u forget dharma? Polytheism and monotheism begin to have a negative effect on society.

Let's take Jesus as an example. He was a monotheist but he didn't forget dharma, so we r not against Jesus. What r Christians doing today? They are still monotheists like Jesus, but most of them have forgotten dharma. Jesus protected a whore from being stoned, but these Christians have called me a whore and judged me many times. U see the problem is not mono or polytheism, the problem occurs when u forget dharma.

We don't need a stone or many gods or even one God, to follow dharma. But, u can worship a stone and follow dharma; many saints have done that. U must not forget dharma, whatever your belief is. That is the only way there can be peace.(Psst, u can even believe in santa!!)

I don't understand how u are splitting up devotion, spirituality, scripture and reasoning. We have never separated these. Have u ever been to a gurudwara or mandir? Can I just ask what religion u belong to?

I LOVE myths too, we have millions in our religion. You learn so much from them and they're fun for all ages.

I'm not offended, I know religions have been corrupted and there r so many lies out there and it becomes very confusing.

I always say that our philosophy is the best, because we believe that everybody should have the freedom to believe what they want, unless it effects the freedom of others. I can't see any philosophy greater than this. I'm sorry, but I can't.

Peace!:-)

Long Beach, CA

#553441 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Far, far better than that silly bible of yours.

Long Beach, CA

#553442 Jul 1, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yh, they defo good! That should be made compulsory by law!! I do it all the time!! Shall we dance?
I know! What did I say to u in my PM? I said, "I'll come back but I'm not going to......." You know what I said, sshhh!! But look at me now! U know who I blame? I blame u and the 'guys', u didn't keep a close eye on me. U better get me out of this mess, i'm tried of it!! I'm not messin', I'm well serious, man!!! U hear me???
I know what you said, and you said what I know.

I like you when you're carefree and happy.

Look at you now, you're feeling better already!(defo)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553443 Jul 1, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever think if there's a problem, it might be with you?
*looks around*

Nah, I'm good.

Location hidden

#553444 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooh, I see what u did there. Nice!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553445 Jul 1, 2013
Mark wrote:

thanks, I read it
How can 10 minutes reading be "countless hours trying to convince others to not be a Christian"?
Because he used to give sermons on it for money.

....oops I mean speeches.

He put a lot of effort into a belief he didn't believe in.

Go figure.
The book is indeed short. He could have given hundred times more reasons by he confines to a few. He is concise and direct:

This is sadly so
How do you figure? The abolishment of slavery, for example, was headed up by Christian people.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553446 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Far, far better than that silly bible of yours.
Your opinion is irrelevant.

Go figure.

Location hidden

#553447 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it like that too, but the evil spirits don't like it and they want to cage my 'carefreenessness'(is that even a word, i'm confused).

I defo am. Did u know since I been talking to the other posters my English was defo getting better, OMG, it was scary, I thought I was going to turn into a proper geek for defo. U better not never ever let that happen or else u watch.

Yh, I feel normal again!!!

Location hidden

#553448 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang on, I thought I understand what u meant, but now I thought that I don't understand what u mean. What do u mean?

U know what this means, don't u? The real Clementine is outta the cage!!

Sorry about the misunderstanding, I thought u were saying something else but I think u actually saying something else that i don't get.

Location hidden

#553449 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion is irrelevant.
Go figure.
U go fish, u fish finger!:-p

Location hidden

#553450 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant tired! I type too fast without thinkin'.

Long Beach, CA

#553451 Jul 1, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang on, I thought I understand what u meant, but now I thought that I don't understand what u mean. What do u mean?
U know what this means, don't u? The real Clementine is outta the cage!!
Sorry about the misunderstanding, I thought u were saying something else but I think u actually saying something else that i don't get.
Confusion reigns, Clementine.

But don't worry, everything is AOK, as the astronauts say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min who 271,303
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Liam 589,796
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 9 min Naveen kumar 1,450
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Stilgar Fifrawi 837,894
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min RiccardoFire 99,765
24/7 Locksmith Support in Rocklin, Ca 16 min RocklinLocksmiths 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 21 min dollarsbill 4,234
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 29 min The swamiji 7,156
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 51 min HipGnosis 176,865
More from around the web