Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#553473 Jul 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally. During the Battle of Britain (10 July – 31 October 1940), The Luftwaffe was so decimated that Hitler cancelled the invasion of England (Operation Sea Lion).
The USA didn't enter the war until over a year later (December 11, 1941).
We actually only saved the French from speaking German... again.
BTW, English is already (and always has been) a Germanic Language.
Better than being forced to speak Japanese, as we would have without the Yanks.

We did have a friendly invasion of American serviceman in those days, who were said to be "overpaid, oversexed and over here". It changed my country a lot.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#553474 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A wise man, Bertrand Russell was.
Have you read his little book, "Why I'm Not a Christian"?
No, but I'll go looking for a copy.

I have already read Dawkins, Harris and the late great Hitchens.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#553475 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always amused when I see buildings that go from floor 12 to 14, skipping 13.
Who do they think they're kidding?
As I see it, if you live on 14, you're cooked.
(Just kidding. I'm not superstitious, because it brings bad luck.)
Apparently, Asians consider the number 4 to be just as unlucky. River Tam would probably confirm that.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#553476 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and ShrinkyDink said Churchill's farts wiped them all out.
So there.
I'm sure that's what destroyed the Farter-land. LOL

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553477 Jul 1, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi G. He reminds me of this joke:
What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?
Finding half a worm.
Good one!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553478 Jul 1, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor old Nelson. I fear that old age is catching up with an amazing man.
What do we leave behind but the effect we had on that which out lives us ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553479 Jul 1, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why are Mafia-style hits sometimes referred to as "executions"?
They don't use RR's dictionary.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#553480 Jul 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
so.... if he was a hypocrite, he was actually a Christian telling others not to be Christians.
I don't think you understand what the word hypocrite means.
Then again, if you understood what words mean then you wouldn't enjoy playing your "definition game".
LOL
I do know. It comes from the Greek for actor.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocr...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553481 Jul 1, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than being forced to speak Japanese, as we would have without the Yanks.
We did have a friendly invasion of American serviceman in those days, who were said to be "overpaid, oversexed and over here". It changed my country a lot.
Note that this is my limited experiential opinion but I see little difference between Americans (USA), Canadians, Brits ans Aussies. Many more similarities (besides language) than differences it seems.

I guess that is how most "Christian groups" view other "Christian groups".

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553482 Jul 1, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know. It comes from the Greek for actor.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocr...
Yep. When one 'acts' contrary to what one speaks.

The usual apologetic for hypocrisy is "Do as I say, not as I do."

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#553483 Jul 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What do we leave behind but the effect we had on that which out lives us ?
That's very true. Or as Mandela said:
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”

http://www.dnaindia.com/world/1854081/report-...

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#553484 Jul 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
He knew exactly what I meant and that it was true.
He is just playing the "definitions game" again.
Yeah.

His fallback position.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#553485 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always amused when I see buildings that go from floor 12 to 14, skipping 13.
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, Asians consider the number 4 to be just as unlucky. River Tam would probably confirm that.
That was my stamp -#13 - when I was a Final Inspector for the FAA.

When they registered me as an Inspector after the tests and such, the QA Manager went to the safe and pulled out the stamps for assignment as the last step.

He reached into the bin and pulled out the FAA register, told me he had "X" amount of numbers I could choose from, and then remarked , "Well, there's stamp #13 ... but no one wants THAT one...number 13..bad luck..hahahaa(nervous laugh)".

I said, "Yeah, gimme that one".
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#553486 Jul 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That was my stamp -#13 - when I was a Final Inspector for the FAA.
When they registered me as an Inspector after the tests and such, the QA Manager went to the safe and pulled out the stamps for assignment as the last step.
He reached into the bin and pulled out the FAA register, told me he had "X" amount of numbers I could choose from, and then remarked , "Well, there's stamp #13 ... but no one wants THAT one...number 13..bad luck..hahahaa(nervous laugh)".
I said, "Yeah, gimme that one".
hopefully you did not get stamp 666 on u foreheas , i forgot most Americans have this whether they know it or not, can't see 666 but it's their! As you should know! bwhahahaaaa
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#553488 Jul 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Far, far better than that silly bible of yours.
youre a dork, dude
Uidioteracemakew orldpeace

United States

#553489 Jul 2, 2013
oops correction their = there!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#553490 Jul 2, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm not trying to disrespect you or anything Einstein....
CS.
That would be a lie.

Eh, Einstein?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#553491 Jul 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I should laugh
And call it a day
But I know I would cry
If you went away
I'm a fool to care
When you don't care for me
So why should I pretend
I'll lose in the end
Oh, I'm a fool to care
Ray Charles
Those words apply to the words belonging to man(kind) Catcher; but no to GOD nor JESUS. For all those that say they are not real, I can only have sympathy ~ where they call believers with real FAITH lazy and uneducated, in actual fact, we have become educated enough to leave certain things in the hands of our MASTER ~ knowing HE will craft the ending with loving hands.

Knowing your Angels will be with you when you give up your Soul is a heckuva lot more feeling of ecstasy than simply believing your take your last breath and the light goes out ~ that being the end of the story. I cannot see nor comprehend that as a future for anyone... so cannot give it much thought. Basically, it does not compute and I am not seeking to make it compute, I am seeking to strengthen the feeling of ecstasy. And that is done by cleansing of the Soul, and also the Vessel. The no longer wanting human weakness within, for want of another way of putting it!!

It is only the end of the Chapter, the story continues and records are stored in the best data base humans could even comprehend, even though their comprehension is growing. We are miraculous beings, not flukes of circumstance, and we are here because someone, somewhere along the line loved someone, so we are the results of love. Our DNA tells the story of our origins, and our actions fill in the gaps along the way. Looking for clean actions in the final DNA recording is achievable, and also, desirable :)

It is the Holy Book of Life ~

Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.(KJV)

Revelation 3:5 5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

One needs to feel the Angels, Catcher, not only believe in them. We need to understand our own gut feelings, thoughts and plans and not let negativity block our way. Big topic, but it is a bit off topic these days, so thought I would pop in a bit of what we have learned over the years in here. And why you see the lovely Posters disappear from here; they have FB and there is no negativity in here, and much action and keeping in touch with each other.

You might think you are blasting a Christian forum to pieces, and having fun doing it, but in my eyes, you are just making fools of yourselves as you try to prove to us that your close the eyes end of the saga theory goes, no such things and Angels and no results worth achieving for the end of our test.

And those that want to join our family, regardless of their beliefs, are welcomed and treated accordingly. We are proving that Atheists and Christians can regard each other for their actions, not their beliefs, and it is the actions that count.

#553492 Jul 2, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not belong to any organized religion, call me a Pagan. In my country Paganism was utterly destroyed by Christianity, destroyed root and branch, they like to call it.
As i see it, What you call Dharm is basically the law of Nature, the right conduct follows out of preserving harmony in Nature. If laws do not follow Nature, they can not be Divine laws.
Abramic religions rely heavily on scripture and are so unnatural that without their book they would soon be be gone. True religion can not be destroyed as reality/nature is its teacher. It will always be reinvented and strengthened by experience. In that respect true religion is like Empiricism in science. It is based on experience and experiments not on theorizing and rationalizing.
Polytheist do not worship an idol as such, but what it represents. As the Divine is All and in all, worshipping anything is worshipping the Divine as there is nothing else. The idea that "God" would object to that is nothing less than giving the Divine human traits which is a misunderstanding of the Nature of the Divine. It turns the Divine into a God. That is a mistake monotheists commonly make.
The Divine is no being, no God. It has no wants, no needs, no will, no plan. It needs no worship. But anything noble (men, Gods, whatever) deserve reverence.
Christianity is deceit and evil, they have a history to prove it. Christians only tell people the few lines that portray Jesus as loving and peaceful. If you study the texts more closely you find that Jesus only has an egomaniac "love" (mercy) for those that do not reject his religion, all others are on his death list.
It is a natural separation as the results of our work ~ why do you think our future realm would be the continuation of argument and disbelief? Do you think the next realm should have debates about their being a next world, or do you think there would be a natural progression, those are still asking questions and tossing insults around heading that way and those that are seeking to care for each other this way? Do you think we should take all that is wrong in this world and drag it around forever, letting it get worse along the way? We will be the results of the nourishment of our DNA ~ just like the caterpillar to a degree, and accordingly, we are building our own futures. When we give up our Soul, we want to make sure that we are giving up something ...... and I'll leave that something up to the individual, because we don't all have the same expectation of outcome :)

#553493 Jul 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor old Nelson. I fear that old age is catching up with an amazing man.
Yes ~ the World would love him to live a bit longer, and I think he knows that. He is still bringing people together :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Joe Fortuna 980,318
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min ROCCO 101,146
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Sky Writer 31 184,309
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min guest 670,529
secret weapon contributing to global chaos...pa... 24 min modell299 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Shiralee 445,671
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 5 hr Blackwomenrule 89
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr David C Pumpkins 286,468
More from around the web