Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553414 Jul 1, 2013
I know your lies are just prayers to Satan.

So does God.
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical perfesir, rather than admit he was wrong he simply moves the goalposts by switching from "took out" to "severely crippled". But he'll never admit it. He'll act like they're the same thing, or it's what he meant. Not an honest bone in his fake claimd, "cough cough", dying body, "cough cough".

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#553415 Jul 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not going to play word games with you. Enjoy playing with yourself.
Your concession is noted and accepted.

That was easy.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#553416 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no? G did:
G_O_D wrote:
They all but wiped out the Luftwaffe years before the USA entered the war.
Nope.

No one said the Luftwaffe wasn't around in 1945, nobody said that the U.S didn't help against the Luftwaffe.

I know you understood it that way.

That was an error.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#553417 Jul 1, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say that your philosophy is the best you seem certain and free from doubt.
I'll remind you of the Betrand Russell quote you just cited....
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”- Bertrand Russell
You seem certain and free from doubt too, when u say there is no sky daddy and Christians r deluded. I don't think I need to remind u of the quote.:-p

I'm not the one rioting in the streets or bombing people to enforce my belief and my way of life.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553418 Jul 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
No one said the Luftwaffe wasn't around in 1945, nobody said that the U.S didn't help against the Luftwaffe.
That was an error.
That's possible. But what the hell does "all but wiped out" mean to you?!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553419 Jul 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
That was an error.
Oh, and ShrinkyDink said Churchill's farts wiped them all out.

So there.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#553421 Jul 1, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think u r right. Sometimes I do think to myself, maybe I am an idiot. Even Guru Nanak said that trying to change a foolish person is liking trying to draw permanent ripples in water. But even he never stopped trying to educate fools. So I guess we r all fools in our own way.
I know I should laugh
And call it a day
But I know I would cry
If you went away

I'm a fool to care
When you don't care for me
So why should I pretend
I'll lose in the end
Oh, I'm a fool to care

Ray Charles

Location hidden

#553422 Jul 1, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You appear to be lacking in tolerance.
I'm not lacking in tolerance, I'm telling u how it is. And I could say the same about u and your tolerance towards Christians.

Maybe the world wasn't tolerant enough towards Hitler's views. OMG, what an intolerant world!!

And u should also teach some tolerance to our government, tell them to stop bombing innocent Muslims. U live in a tolerant democracy, i'm sure they'll listen to u!

San Francisco, CA

#553423 Jul 1, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem certain and free from doubt too, when u say there is no sky daddy and Christians r deluded. I don't think I need to remind u of the quote.:-p
I'm not the one rioting in the streets or bombing people to enforce my belief and my way of life.
What about dancing in the streets?

Or flash mobs?

Are those ok?

Clementine, you have become so serious....

San Francisco, CA

#553424 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's possible. But what the hell does "all but wiped out" mean to you?!
Imagine that.

Go.

Show me evidence you have hands.

Bla bla bla.

It's getting old.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553425 Jul 1, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
not only but all churchill polack pilots run away to America with his plans and sold them to Americans not far away from Statue of Liberty
for 2 barells of whiskey
Oh. Ok. Thanks ShrinkyDink.

Location hidden

#553427 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A wise man, Bertrand Russell was.
Have you read his little book, "Why I'm Not a Christian"?
I know he's said some wise things, but I don't know about him being a wise man. I'll definitely try to read it, when I'm free. Was it interesting?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553428 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I should laugh
And call it a day
But I know I would cry
If you went away
I'm a fool to care
So why should I pretend
I'll lose in the end
Oh, I'm a fool to care
Ray Charles
I came up, out of the water.
Raised my hands, up to the Father.
Gave it all to him that day,
Felt a new wind kiss my face.

Walked away, eyes wide open.
Could finally see where I was going.
It didn't matter where I'd been,
I'm not the same man I was then.

I got off track, I made mistakes,
Back slid my way into that place, where souls get lost,
lines get crossed and the pain won't go away.

I hit my knees, now here I stand.
There I was, now here I am..
Here I am. Changed.

Rascal Flatts

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553429 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that.
Go.
Show me evidence you have hands.
Bla bla bla.
It's getting old.
And yet you can't get away....

Imagine that.

Location hidden

#553430 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I should laugh
And call it a day
But I know I would cry
If you went away
I'm a fool to care
So why should I pretend
I'll lose in the end
Oh, I'm a fool to care
Ray Charles
Awwwwww!! Thank u for that, my darling!

Don't panic, I haven't forgotten u, I always read your comments, even if I don't say anything.

Have I ever told u that I like fools that r caring? ;-)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553431 Jul 1, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I know he's said some wise things, but I don't know about him being a wise man. I'll definitely try to read it, when I'm free. Was it interesting?
It's a farce and he's a hypocrite.

"We want to stand upon our own feet and look fair and square at the world -- its good facts, its bad facts, its beauties, and its ugliness; see the world as it is and be not afraid of it."

Sure, this is what he claimed, but he spent countless hours trying to convince others to not be a Christian.

Here's the "book", it'll waste 10 minutes of your life.

http://www.users.drew.edu/~jlenz/whynot.html

Location hidden

#553432 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about dancing in the streets?
Or flash mobs?
Are those ok?
Clementine, you have become so serious....
Yh, they defo good! That should be made compulsory by law!! I do it all the time!! Shall we dance?

I know! What did I say to u in my PM? I said, "I'll come back but I'm not going to......." You know what I said, sshhh!! But look at me now! U know who I blame? I blame u and the 'guys', u didn't keep a close eye on me. U better get me out of this mess, i'm tried of it!! I'm not messin', I'm well serious, man!!! U hear me???
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#553433 Jul 1, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about England; where I live.

It's wonderful because it's the truth and the truth is wonderful.

Our philosophy is to let people believe what they want and only to intervene if their philosophy attacks us. I don't want to save the world, I'm trying to save myself.

Yes, I did, but did I ever say that I was perfect? I said our philosophy is good. And I am trying my best to educate people about their governments and even though it's not working i'm still at it.
I have read many conspiracy theories on that, and they may be more or less true, I find it difficult to judge. From a religious viewpoint, who do you think is in control of this world, your God or the rulers of the world? To what extend are people in control of the world?

I find it difficult to discuss about truth, as it is a very personal matter. Once people say it is truth, the door is shut.

I am not attacking your philosophy, which is Dharmic in nature I guess. But you seem to clearly distance yourself from the "idol worshippers". I am a polytheist, I reject monotheism as a simplification of true religion. If it comes to aggression monotheist are on the top of the list.

I have never understood why it is such a great thing for human kind to bring the number of gods back to one. As far as I can see, it is more an intermediate step, to zero.

It creates the idea of one truth, which makes monotheists rather single minded and less tolerant to other truths. They subscribe the same traits to their one God, who is described as jealous and wrathful.

As a polytheist i do not care the least bit about what other people worship, as it is a highly personal matter. I think people should have the freedom to worship the God(s) they feel closest too. This feeling aspect makes polytheism more related with devotion, whereas monotheism relies heavily on scriptures and rational thinking.

I think it is only logical that Dharmic religion grew out of polytheism, not monotheism. Polytheism is more naturally respectful to other peoples beliefs. And devotion, which is basically love giving, creates more loving people than people rationally following scriptures.

The most silly line of scriptures I find Jesus words: "I command they to love one another". Love on command. As if such a command would create loving people. Well Christians have proven the opposite. To be honest I must admit that better reading discloses that Jesus hates all that reject him and expects the same of his servants. But even the "love" among Christians I find severely lacking and more calculated in nature.

I am not judging your religion, as I have great respect for all dharmic religions, I was just wondering what makes it better than polytheism. I am prepared to believe it is better than Christianity and Islam, but that is hardly an accomplishment. If your read their books you know these religions have little elevated ideas to offer and lots egomaniac delusion.

Personally I find it very liberating to base religion on devotion/spirituality/feeling rather than scripture/reasoning. This way it does not confine you to beliefs. I love Myths, they are everybody's guess, and no ones truth.

So what makes your religion better then polytheism? What is so civilized about having one God? Is it "My god is the biggest", or "I only answer to number one". Just curious, no disrespect meant.

Location hidden

#553434 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a farce and he's a hypocrite.
"We want to stand upon our own feet and look fair and square at the world -- its good facts, its bad facts, its beauties, and its ugliness; see the world as it is and be not afraid of it."
Sure, this is what he claimed, but he spent countless hours trying to convince others to not be a Christian.
Here's the "book", it'll waste 10 minutes of your life.
http://www.users.drew.edu/~jlenz/whynot.html
Thanks, u sexist!

I've clicked the star symbol, i'll read it when i'm free.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#553435 Jul 1, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, u sexist!
I've clicked the star symbol, i'll read it when i'm free.
You're welcome, broad!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min ChristineM 864,773
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 30 min Burke Devlin 6,475
treatment will make one able to survive (treata... 55 min globalvisionngo 1
Skin Care 1 hr nitamansukhani 1
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr ChristineM 2,009
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr karl44 599,646
White Lives MATTER 2 hr Johnny 86
More from around the web