Comments
529,641 - 529,660 of 599,856 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553221 Jun 30, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
Scar,
I too was born in 1962 and raised in the Appalachian mountains. I too went to churches similar to what you described. Though it was uh uh not hah. If uh, uh you know, uh uh what I mean, uh, uh can I get an amen? The word of God say's uh, uh, what ever they want to talk about that day, uh, uh and strt pacing back and forth uh, uh, working themselves and others, into a frenzy. getting louder and louder uh, uh, followed by a controlled quietly spoken comment. Then working through the process again filled with timed uh, uhs. And yes I have set in on the prayer sessions with everyone praying out loud. With the preacher praying the longest. Though I must say he had a hard time out praying me :) Even as a child I cared about everybody. And I prayed for everybody and everything. We gathered around the piano and sang old songs and had a great time doing so. I attended Baptist, Southern Baptist, Methodist, church of Christ, Church of God, Pentecostal, you name it I attended them most likely. I conluded differently than you though. I concluded that they were wrong. Not because I decided so, but because I studied intently the Bible and the Bible they taught from said they were wrong. I don't judge if they were saved or not. But I judged what thy taught from what they taught from. And I found that God was at those services but not so much in the preacher with his choreographed uh, uh's as it was in the farmer that came in and gave testimony about his personal experiences and his love of God and how God worked in his life. It was real and unscripted. And it was in the mothers that had spent the night in prayer alone with her sick child and how God had given her peace even though her child was near death. And how God had seen them through this difficult time. And when a family in the community had some difficult task and everybody would pitch in and help them with no pay or reward. And I saw God in when the people would take up a special collection and help a family that was in need that didn't attend church or even believe. I saw God in the caring for one another.
And yeah the Easter Bunny was bull. But Christ death on the cross for our sins and rising again and ascending to the Father, not to send us to hell if we don't this or that, but making a way from the hell that we were already bound for. That was real to me. And Santa Clause was a bunch of bull distraction from God giving his son for us who are dead in our sins (separated from the father) so that we might live (be reunited with the Father).
I guess each will see what we choose to see in any given situation. I understand your conclusions. But come to a different one from similar experiences. I found your post to be the best I have read from you. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Thanks for that excellent post, B-Man.

It is nice to read what others have experienced.

The most vivid "Christmas memory" I have is of my sister giving me the book "Man and Beast" she got from England. I still have it on my bookshelf. I was 10 at the time.
I was blind for most of my life from 6 to 12 so books were 'magical' to me. Whenever I could see, I would read. at about eight years old I began reading the dictionary.

Sometimes I think my disabilities were nature/God's way of humiliating me. Yet, despite all adversity (satan) I accomplished much more in my life than most 'normal' people.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553222 Jun 30, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get mad because you are not a Christian :) I'll pray for you :) You know Jesus died for your sins too :) That's what the Bible says :)
Have a great day :)
There was/is a Christian doctrine that you can pray from non-believers and get them into heaven despite their disbelief.

I think that would make sense to Jesus. I really wish I had been alive back then. I would have either been crucified next to Him or driven the nails into his wrists. It all depends on if He was the Jesus of Mark or the Jesus of John.

At the moment, I believe Mark.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553223 Jun 30, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true......
Just STFU.

You wouldn't know truth if it crawled up your leg and bit your ass.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#553224 Jun 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing that. I didn't have that experience.
I never had any involvement in religion other than the secular rituals of the Winter Toy Festival and Easter candy Festival.
By the time I was 12 I was talking about mythology with Jews, Christians, Hindus, Atheists, Agnostics.
My parents family believed more in old world 'folk magic' than main stream 'Christianity' although the pagan belief were ALWAYS put in Christian terms.
Thanks, and I've gotta say, the response from most of the Christians here is pretty much the same. Contrary to what they think, it was an incredibly enriching and good experience.

Where they see chaos, it was clarity that was gained.

I can do a spot on impression of an old time preacher, too.

hahaaa

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#553225 Jun 30, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
That was you???
I remembered to put chap stick on my nipples. Duh, who doesn't?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#553226 Jun 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That IS what happens. "Time" is merely a perception, we can presently only experience it flowing one way.
I'd like to think so.

To think, those last moments you wouldn't know if you were coming or going..or...um..

Yeah, that.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#553227 Jun 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
He delivers fish, I teach people to go fishing.
There's a Lake Kroger in Danbury. You can pick them right up and drop them in your cart. No skill involved.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553228 Jun 30, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
I don't think you understand law. Britain is the most powerful country in the world. It has the right to force it's law even on America, but it normally doesn't. Read a law book and you'll understand who is in control of the world.
Yep. Even in the USA, common law (AKA Crown Law) can be used as precedent or substantiating law.
Few recall that the USA is simply a modified version of the British government (sans royalty).

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553229 Jun 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, those are the same type experiences I had, and where you say you saw the hand of a deity, all I ever saw was the humanity of people....
"I said,'You are ALL Gods.' " - Psalm 82

I told you so!:P

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553230 Jun 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. Anything absurd makes more sense as a myth. A fox calling grapes sour makes more sense as fiction.
<quoted text>
Yes, they can. But I think that we can also understand and describe these ideas without stories, can't we?
I see your point. I personally find poetry and prose more rewarding than a technical manual. I find no fault with either.

Then too, analogies (myth) are useful tools for difficult ideas. I use it a lot when teaching.

For example; Schrodinger's Cat. Is there really a cat in a box with poison ?
No. It is a myth used to illustrate a deeper principle.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#553231 Jun 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that excellent post, B-Man.
It is nice to read what others have experienced.
The most vivid "Christmas memory" I have is of my sister giving me the book "Man and Beast" she got from England. I still have it on my bookshelf. I was 10 at the time.
I was blind for most of my life from 6 to 12 so books were 'magical' to me. Whenever I could see, I would read. at about eight years old I began reading the dictionary.
Sometimes I think my disabilities were nature/God's way of humiliating me. Yet, despite all adversity (satan) I accomplished much more in my life than most 'normal' people.
Lets see, blind from 6 to 12. A "professor" even though when you first made that cliam you misspelled the word. Claiming you're dying since you first showed up in here, yet you're still here posting your same old garbage as close to the death delusion you claim as you were the first day you posted in here.

Time to get out the boots, the crap dying duaney is spewing out is getting deeper.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553232 Jun 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not much of a distinction to the tax payer....
Correct.

It simply makes it easier to justify giving religions relief that individuals do not get.

In a true separation of Church and State, there would no exemptions at all for religion.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553233 Jun 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
....If people don't like you or what you say you are without a doubt on the right path.....
Just like Hitler and Charles Manson.

<face palm>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553234 Jun 30, 2013
Get thee behind us, Satan!
Red Apples wrote:
Red Apples wrote:
1st Timothy 4:1-2.
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
Romans 8:5-8
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
1st Corinthians 2:14.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
One Eye wrote:
Thanks for >your< doctrine.
Red Apples wrote:
Not >my< doctrine One Eye, >God's< doctrine, straight from God's Word, with no interpretation from me, because it's not needed. Sadly you're too blinded to see that.
But atleast I now know why you're so blinded. Your post explaining all the indoctrination you went through growing up clearly showed why you think the way you do. Trying to understand that which is spiritual (God) with your carnal earthly mind. Being blown around by doctrines of man.
Ephesians 4:14.
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#553235 Jun 30, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see, blind from 6 to 12. A "professor" even though when you first made that cliam you misspelled the word. Claiming you're dying since you first showed up in here, yet you're still here posting your same old garbage as close to the death delusion you claim as you were the first day you posted in here.
Time to get out the boots, the crap dying duaney is spewing out is getting deeper.
Very sad, you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553236 Jun 30, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....I'll give you one....
You know sometimes I get you and Catcher mixed up....Sorry
Who has the "White Sheet"?
I have silk sheets. <wink and a smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553237 Jun 30, 2013
STFU

At least mike is honest. Something you wouldn't understand.
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to say it (and I hope nobody gets offended) but I have to wonder if:
A) Mikey is playing with a full deck (if you know what I mean).
Or:
B) Mikey sustained a serious head injury at one time or another.
Because most of his posts are so bizarre and disjointed that it leaves the reader scratching their head wondering where he comes up with some of the crazy things he posts.
_______
At any rate I hope you're having a blessed day Epi. Like where you live we've been deluged with rain over the past couple of days here in my neck of the woods. 4 inches of rain since Friday evening.
Have a great evening. God bless you my Sister in Chirst.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553238 Jun 30, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Sure is quiet without RR and Duane
:-)
Thanks (?) LOL

I hope i will be missed when I am really gone.

"All we leave behind is the hearts of others." - ME 12:28

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#553239 Jun 30, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Here another LOL 4 you.
This is our Adam when he heard about the SCOTUS decision.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yPPUrZOmnUEXX
LMAO!
You're great :P
It's a good thing you decided to stick around!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553240 Jun 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. why are your posts always so, well, ahhh, depressing ??..
Suppressing one's sexuality often does that.

Apparently going back into the closet is more distressing than coming out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 min yon 2,421
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Aura Mytha 732,843
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min atemcowboy 538,840
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 9 min Jolly 23,936
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Believer 226,296
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Porkpie Hat 257,885
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min An NFL Fan 117,960
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min bacon hater 94,654
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••