Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#553196 Jun 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
I can introduce you to a few thousand of them.
Most people I know call themselves Christian. A few questions reveals they have no real beliefs accept some vague belief in "God".
Or, they just want to "fit in," be accepted, not be perceived as different.

Just as people feel more secure with designer label clothes.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553201 Jun 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya, I don't give a shit what they do either.
But hotels 'catering' to them? Doesn't that seem a bit sexist or racist or whatever?
Sure. Just like 'Bed Bath and Beyond' is sexist.

ROFlMAO

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553202 Jun 30, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
RR there are hotels that cater to families...senior citizens...singles...etc etc. I don't think that it makes them anything other than people trying to attract clientele.
What about restaurants? McDonalds definitely goes after the kids...then there are the restaurants that try to draw the wealthy clientele.
What about businesses that give senior citizen discounts?
Oh...and we can not forget about the places that try to draw in the "redneck" clientele.
Really RR...there are even businesses that are in the business of attracting...Christians.
If the hang a sign out from that says "GAYS ONLY"...then you might have a point.
I have gone into establishments that 'cater' to Gays, Lesbians, blacks, rednecks, bikers, etc. and the only one I was asked to leave was one that required men to wear a jacket and tie.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#553203 Jun 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, they just want to "fit in," be accepted, not be perceived as different.
Just as people feel more secure with designer label clothes.
My parents are missionaries. I'm just fine not "fitting in". They still love me as far as I know.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553204 Jun 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I was born in 1962 Appalachia.
I was "born"... Primitive Baptist, men folk in the right pews, women folk in the left pews, family folk with kids in the middle....
...After all of the different (gods/faiths), each supported by the bible in essence, I started to really look into god. Who is god? Where is god? What does god really want?. Why this god?. I looked at other gods. Religions. I really put time into it.
I pondered this throughout my time in the Army. The military has well stocked libraries. After I'd finished my service, at around 24-25, as an adult.
I understood I was atheist.
Thank you for sharing that. I didn't have that experience.

I never had any involvement in religion other than the secular rituals of the Winter Toy Festival and Easter candy Festival.
By the time I was 12 I was talking about mythology with Jews, Christians, Hindus, Atheists, Agnostics.
My parents family believed more in old world 'folk magic' than main stream 'Christianity' although the pagan belief were ALWAYS put in Christian terms.

Long Beach, CA

#553205 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents are missionaries. I'm just fine not "fitting in". They still love me as far as I know.
Do you care about the label on your clothes?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553206 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on the venue.
Have you seen any of my actions? My words are less dangerous.
I doubt you would hurt anyone without just cause.

I would trust yo with my life, River. Not much left of it but I would trust you with it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#553207 Jun 30, 2013
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Psalms 119:105

The entrance of Thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. Psalms 119:130

Blessed is he that readeth and they that hear the words of this prophecy and keep those things which are written therein. Revelation 1:3

Have a nice evening. Good night.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553208 Jun 30, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>That is the DNA activating perfectly ~ although we do know there are mutations and failures as such. Breeders worked out interbreeding issues and mutations quite some time ago, and there were certain references to certain breeds of people not breeding with each other, and although we probably don't know who is from which Tribe certain scientific tests will give couples advice on having children due to their DNA having problems with the next generation.
We are biologically 'programmed' to select mates for the best offspring. A very interesting topic. We also instinctively try not to mate those of 'antagonistic' or 'inferior' genes.

Fortunately I realized that sex does not imply reproduction (contraceptives) so my standards are not dictated by my 'sinful nature'. lol I am still a sucker for redheads though. LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553209 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
RR is much smarter than many here think.
Don't underestimate him.
Understand the game before you play the game.
Agreed.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#553210 Jun 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you care about the label on your clothes?
I took a car trip with friends last summer. We were in a convertible Mustang. I noticed that large trucks kept blowing their horn so I asked my friends, "What's up with that?"

The guy in the back, he's my best friend, leaned up and said in my ear, "River, remember about an hour ago when you said you were hot and took your shirt off? You're not wearing a bra."

My attention span is limited, Catcher.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553211 Jun 30, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Sorry to hear about the many indoctrinations you went through as a child. But keep in mind, you're no longer a child. And to view Chirstianity as an adult by what you percieved it to be as an indoctrinated child is the reason you're way of thinking about Christianity now is totally askew.....
So usually one needs to have less intelligence than ten year old to believe your religion or one must be brainwashed into a single cult during the formative years in order to accept mythology as fact for the rest of one's life.

Agreed.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553212 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush, tard.
Well said!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553213 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm here to push buttons. That's what I do. I have no other value.
I make jokes.
You make sense.
Your jokes make more sense than most posts here.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#553214 Jun 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Psalms 119:105
The entrance of Thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. Psalms 119:130
Blessed is he that readeth and they that hear the words of this prophecy and keep those things which are written therein. Revelation 1:3
Have a nice evening. Good night.
"When Thomas Edison worked late into the night on the electric light, he had to do it by gas lamp or candle. I'm sure it made the work seem that much more urgent."

~ George Carlin

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553216 Jun 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A Death! What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating...
...and you finish off as an orgasm.- George Carlin
That IS what happens. "Time" is merely a perception, we can presently only experience it flowing one way.

Long Beach, CA

#553217 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I took a car trip with friends last summer. We were in a convertible Mustang. I noticed that large trucks kept blowing their horn so I asked my friends, "What's up with that?"
The guy in the back, he's my best friend, leaned up and said in my ear, "River, remember about an hour ago when you said you were hot and took your shirt off? You're not wearing a bra."
The answer is blowing in the wind.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#553218 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That was you???

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553219 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He drives a truck.
That's important.
He delivers fish, I teach people to go fishing.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#553220 Jun 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. What is that?
Is it something to eat?
I fear what I do not understand.
It's a coconut.

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Rosa_Winkel 738,822
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min Le_le 173,650
bless the jews (Nov '08) 32 min FORERUNNER 6,871
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min ROFL 95,451
Word association game (Aug '08) 34 min Kid_Tomorrow 53,303
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min AussieBobby 259,234
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min marge 542,145
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 13 hr Chlo-chan 149
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••