Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#553262 Jul 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Get outside" is just to remind people there is a world out there to enjoy....If they have a cell phone they can chalk up posts while they are outside....:-)
It doesn't take much time on FB (unless people let it)....think of the time you are on here....just cut it down a little and stop in FB and share there...The atmosphere is peaceful and Loving.
Shrink said we need permission to use "SHALOM"....So...Jus t sayin
LOL
H_U_G_S
OK...'if' can make all the difference for some who for reasons of their own cannot...
…'peaceful and loving' I already have at home, and don't need my face more in a book!
So in flying by again til next...~S~H~A~L~O~M~ and 'Salaam Alaikum'~'Peace be with you'~ always in Love!(((*()*))

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553263 Jul 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm celibate. I'm missing one leg. Both of my hands and all of my fingers still work.
:-)
As they say in pinochle, "If you have a good hand you don't need a partner". LOL BTDT

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553264 Jul 1, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am suspicious, also
he does know christian history
and a great deal about the bible.
he is a theist in denial
I believe in a universal creative and motive force of the universe. I guess that makes me a theist. Just like an electrician who doesn't believe in Zeus is a theist. LOL

By being born into a culture full of "Chrisitanity" in all it's various manifestations, I am interested in their beliefs.
Had I been born in Israel, Jordan or India I would probably know as much about Judaism, Islam or Hinduism/Buddhism .... and not believe them factual either.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#553265 Jul 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm notorious for turning a positive into a negative. I got a letter from the Mayor.
"Oh, look. A young girl."
"Oh crap, I should think twice next time."
I find teaching moments in the darndest places. Life is cool, PW.
lol River!... crap it can be.
Always good to CU ~ have you finished your hike and how is your ankle ?
We always seem to catch up when I must stop.
It's supper time... left you this hello on your Friday. It's Mon 7 pm now.
^^^
“If you're too open-minded; your brains will fall out.” Lawrence Ferlinghetti

G'night everyone. Take Care. Hey River!~~ hugs ~~ Have to close down now but good to see you are OK.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#553266 Jul 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> No, I haven't, and thanks, I'm humbled.
<quoted text>
It wasn't a bad experience.
You take care too.
Heh... it's only me. I enjoy the reads you write of the trees and many things of your area and nature knowledge.
And ja... I didn't think 'bad' in the true sense of the word. Any experience teaches us much. It was the visual of both yours and Blind Man posts that really brought it all to life, and you both wrote what you heard or saw with a vivid memory. I couldn't share a church and a fiery preacher experience of my beginnings and could smile at your reports of. But I could share a mango tree?
Thanx Scar... Take Care

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#553267 Jul 1, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
lol River!... crap it can be.
Always good to CU ~ have you finished your hike and how is your ankle ?
We always seem to catch up when I must stop.
It's supper time... left you this hello on your Friday. It's Mon 7 pm now.
^^^
“If you're too open-minded; your brains will fall out.” Lawrence Ferlinghetti
G'night everyone. Take Care. Hey River!~~ hugs ~~ Have to close down now but good to see you are OK.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
My ankle is fine. I'm in Connecticut now. Maine? New Hampshire? Vermont? Massachusetts?

Connecticut. New York is next. Probably Tuesday. That will most likely be my last state this year. I'm not walking as fast as I thought I could. I take too many breaks. I like shampoo :)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#553268 Jul 1, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
If people don't like you or what you say you are without a doubt on the right path.
Good thinking. How could that be wrong?

By the way, your post had only one icon, and it was positive. What does that mean? Let me guess: that also confirms that you that you are correct, right?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#553269 Jul 1, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
I now know why you're so blinded. Your post explaining all the indoctrination you went through growing up
Fortunately, you were able to escape all of that indoctrination stuff, huh?
Red Apples wrote:
1st Timothy 4:1-2.
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Romans 8:5-8
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

1st Corinthians 2:14.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Ephesians 4:14.
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Oh look - doctrine.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#553270 Jul 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My ankle is fine. I'm in Connecticut now. Maine? New Hampshire? Vermont? Massachusetts?
Connecticut. New York is next. Probably Tuesday. That will most likely be my last state this year. I'm not walking as fast as I thought I could. I take too many breaks. I like shampoo :)
~~ a break between ~~
Glad your ankle has healed of it's sprain... not nice at the best of times. Still suffer the after effects of a very bad and pitch black one myself a few years back when traveling Oz, leaving it weakened. I have one problem. I don't stop, and should rest more when things happen, but unless put out of action 100%, don't like folk fussing round me, and pay the price later.'Big girls don't cry' ja ?

You deserve a medal with the ground you've covered. What started you travelling? Life... opened many opportunities all round the world for me too, and last year's my favorites between other places were Mexico, Turkey and Greek Isles, and back to Africa.

... have only been to NYC, x 2 and Miami a cool stop over for 2 weeks. Honolulu,Hawaii also - had grown since 2007!

Catchu next time lil sister and say safe and well. <3
PS. Be kind to my other lil sister LW, hey ?~hugs~

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#553271 Jul 1, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
Scar,
I too was born in 1962 and raised in the Appalachian mountains. I too went to churches similar to what you described. Though it was uh uh not hah. If uh, uh you know, uh uh what I mean, uh, uh can I get an amen? The word of God say's uh, uh, what ever they want to talk about that day, uh, uh and strt pacing back and forth uh, uh, working themselves and others, into a frenzy. getting louder and louder uh, uh, followed by a controlled quietly spoken comment. Then working through the process again filled with timed uh, uhs. And yes I have set in on the prayer sessions with everyone praying out loud. With the preacher praying the longest. Though I must say he had a hard time out praying me :) Even as a child I cared about everybody. And I prayed for everybody and everything. We gathered around the piano and sang old songs and had a great time doing so. I attended Baptist, Southern Baptist, Methodist, church of Christ, Church of God, Pentecostal, you name it I attended them most likely. I conluded differently than you though. I concluded that they were wrong. Not because I decided so, but because I studied intently the Bible and the Bible they taught from said they were wrong. I don't judge if they were saved or not. But I judged what thy taught from what they taught from. And I found that God was at those services but not so much in the preacher with his choreographed uh, uh's as it was in the farmer that came in and gave testimony about his personal experiences and his love of God and how God worked in his life. It was real and unscripted. And it was in the mothers that had spent the night in prayer alone with her sick child and how God had given her peace even though her child was near death. And how God had seen them through this difficult time. And when a family in the community had some difficult task and everybody would pitch in and help them with no pay or reward. And I saw God in when the people would take up a special collection and help a family that was in need that didn't attend church or even believe. I saw God in the caring for one another.
And yeah the Easter Bunny was bull. But Christ death on the cross for our sins and rising again and ascending to the Father, not to send us to hell if we don't this or that, but making a way from the hell that we were already bound for. That was real to me. And Santa Clause was a bunch of bull distraction from God giving his son for us who are dead in our sins (separated from the father) so that we might live (be reunited with the Father).
I guess each will see what we choose to see in any given situation. I understand your conclusions. But come to a different one from similar experiences. I found your post to be the best I have read from you. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Between you and Scar, you share the sounds well of a very mixed religious experiences.... I have to smile at both as you echoed these. Thanx for sharing Blind Man. God Bless...

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#553272 Jul 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think I experienced some sort of confusion or underwent a bad experience.
I didn't and it wasn't. As a matter of fact, I garnered an extreme amount of clarity and insight from my upbringing. Those "many indoctrinations" as you put it, were very illuminating.
Eye opening, you might say.
Here's the thing, your response is pretty much the standard Christian response when I post that(that wasn't the first time, nor the last). That response appears to be that if I'd been raised in only one singular Christian denomination or belief, or a particular "way", then I'd be "fine".
Nothing could be further from the truth.
This is exactly how and where I'm supposed to be.
Climb into the Chaos with a friend or two, And follow the Way it carries you, Adrift like a Lunatic Lifeboat Crew, Over the Waves in whatever you do. The Book of Advice, Chapter 1
The Hell! Law says that Hell! is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it. Further, the lowest Rung in Hell! is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't. HBT; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1
A jug of wine, A leg of lamb And thou! Beside me, Whistling in the darkness. Be Ye Not Lost Among Precepts of Order. The Book of Uteronomy 1:5
o)

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#553273 Jul 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
LOL.....I'll give you one....
You know sometimes I get you and Catcher mixed up....Sorry
Who has the "White Sheet"?
Catcher utilizes the white sheet.

I call upon the power of the scroll.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#553274 Jul 1, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
This could be many openings, including the Sicilian.
Then pit thy Sicilian against me! Thy will face the wrath of Double Fine!!

I never play open Sicilian. Strategically unsound. Why on earth give off a centre pawn for a queen's bishop pawn??!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#553275 Jul 1, 2013
Morning.....

“What counts in life
is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made
to the lives of others
that will determine
the significance of the life we lead.”

~ Nelson Mandela

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#553276 Jul 1, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Opportunities abound. Please help me to discern when an opportunity is something You have placed before me and when it is something that would be contrary to Your will. Stir my conscience and bring questions, examples,and Scripture to my mind that will guide me in this process. Help me to consider biblical values; ethics; the gifts, skills, and abilities You have given me; my family and other commitments; and anything else they may open my eyes to the truth. Encourage me to grasp the opportunities You give and to turn from the opportunities that I should not touch. Thank You, God, for Your hands of guidance and Your arms of love. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#553277 Jul 1, 2013
Encouraging Words....

The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.

Exodus 14:14

K-Love
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#553278 Jul 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I took a car trip with friends last summer. We were in a convertible Mustang. I noticed that large trucks kept blowing their horn so I asked my friends, "What's up with that?"
The guy in the back, he's my best friend, leaned up and said in my ear, "River, remember about an hour ago when you said you were hot and took your shirt off? You're not wearing a bra."
My attention span is limited, Catcher.
Oh falice, really?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#553279 Jul 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
We all see the same things. We just see them from a different point of view and through different eyes.
The events stay the same. The perception differs.
You're right.....It is the perception we get through our Life experiences.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#553280 Jul 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
At least it has a purpose. I can assure you that Tide with Beach is not negatively "iconing" you. The only icons I give you are hearts. I love your morning posts. Even though I'm not a fan of scripture, I think it's cool that you make a point of giving happy thoughts to the people that read this thread.
It's not lost on me.
xoxo
:-)
Thanks...:-)

I think you'll like a Nelson Mandela quote I left today

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#553281 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you care about the label on your clothes?
I don't....I'm sorry I can't see spending 200 dollars for a purse just because it says "Coach".

And labels in my clothes are NOT important to me....But to some it is....My Sister-in-law looks like a new york model and wears all the latest "labels"....But... she moves in that crowd...So she fits in

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min -KENTUCKY- 672,731
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Happy Lesbo 104,332
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Jehova Witness 981,087
------ POPE Francis **EXPOSED ------ 4 hr Patriot 2
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 6 hr Third eye blind 540
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 hr Jehova Witness 445,832
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web