Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#553122 Jun 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. for me, superfluous writing is disingenuous. How many people phone or text you and ask, "How are you"? To me, it's all rather oblique ..
.. you probably find my take on this rather annoying, most people do. When you ask someone how they're doing, are you actually interested in the answer or are you just being polite, making conversation? If you have a true concern about someone's physical or emotional health, that's different. Otherwise, the question is fraudulent ..
.. when you contact someone, you usually have a reason. Dinner, an art show, help with something? Why not immediately plant the seed? I'll be more than glad to consider your opinion but, to me, it's all pretense, a way to make the other person responsible for dialogue ..
LOL it looks like we have something in common. It is one of my pet peaves. Don't ask me how I am doing or how things are going if you don't want to know. Just say Hi or hello :) When I ask, I do mean it and I do care. Most don't care, it is just to give the appearance that they do. It's like the line in a song. "Don't ask me what I think of you. I might not give the answer that you want me too" :) And by the way, how are you doing?:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#553123 Jun 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You will only match us in waist size.
Everything else, America wins.
:p
lol!

I don't think you understand law. Britain is the most powerful country in the world. It has the right to force it's law even on America, but it normally doesn't. Read a law book and you'll understand who is in control of the world.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#553124 Jun 30, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
mama P who????
:-)
Pipek...

Location hidden

#553125 Jun 30, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
What's his story? Monkey tribe? I was told he was a monkey. And that his master needed medicine that came from a certain flower that could only be found on a certain mountain. And when he went to the mountain couldn't determine which to get so he picked up the whole mountain and brought it back to save his master. Also he is worshiped. And that he is God. Or better said one of many Gods.
My curiosity is to the simple break down of Indian faith you have presented. As I asked before, how does he fit into what you have presented.
My first thought is that you are not who you say you are. And that what you present is from text books or internet info. But, rather than conclude that my first thought is correct, I decided to let your words speak for you.
Also, perhaps I have missed some of your posts. I haven't seen any mention of the very large population of Christians in India.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing more about faith in India.
Hanuman just fits into the Ramayan. I don't worship Hanuman. I told u that he was a saint and one of the greatest bhagats of Ram.

Yh, it was called the sanjeevani bhooti, it gives life to the dead.

There was a tribe called the vanars, they are always depicted as monkeys. Hanuman belonged to this tribe.

Why should I talk about Christians in India? All faiths live in India, even Jews. I don't understand? What do u want to know?

I'm exactly who I have said I am, I've tried to educate people about our eastern philosophy, but it's so damn hard when everyone has such a narrow view. They don't listen or discuss, but keep attacking our philosophy and telling me what MY philosophy is.

Try and read my posts to Khatru, that might help. And please feel free to ask what u want, I don't mind.:-)

Location hidden

#553126 Jun 30, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Concentrating on the morals isn't always the best way.
Just look at those millions of Christians who find themselves defending acts of genocide and child killing because of their skewed sense of what's good.
I suppose the plus point for your system is that you accept that it's based on myths. Millions of adherents of the Abrahamic faiths would never admit to that - so kudos to you.
The downside is that you probably think that your interpretation is the correct one and those who have interpreted it differently have got it all wrong.
How is genocide moral? You need to stop putting western and eastern philosophy into the same boat.

Like I said, u are talking as a western man with no knowledge about the east, except for the one that has been taught to u by your elite western government. Until you gain a better understanding of different beliefs, are discussion is pointless, because we r going around and around in circles.

What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. We believing taking someone's life is wrong, if someone takes a life then we call that wrong. Sometimes the answer is very simple!

Why do u spend your time telling Christians that they are deluded? U think u r right and they are wrong? U look at them as retards? They r misguided fools in your eyes. R they not?

Every man tries to justify himself. Once, u too were deluded, just like these Christians, but today u think u have broken free from a delusion, but in reality u have entered another ignorant delusion. Could that not be? Or do u think u r perfect and u have all the right answers?

mike

AOL

#553127 Jun 30, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
You post prayers and words of inspiration, and then post this?
I think till yourself and Skombolis have proof of who judges w icons..
Maybe it would be best to not make these"observations" of yours.
Yes, you may be wrong.. So why throw names out there.?
"Epi" knows how to copy and paste, Epi doesn't know how to read.
Epi looks for the change in shape and color, that's why Icon's are fascinating to Epi....A very big concern.
mike

AOL

#553128 Jun 30, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Sorry to hear about the many indoctrinations you went through as a child. But keep in mind, you're no longer a child. And to view Chirstianity as an adult by what you percieved it to be as an indoctrinated child is the reason you're way of thinking about Christianity now is totally askew.
The reason I pushed you for an answer is because you gave the answer I suspected you would. Sadly that's what led you to where you are now. Because if you had truely studied God's Word (the Bible) as you claim you have then you missed the following that would have shown you that the indoctrination you went through as a child clearly didn't walk hand in hand with what God's Word teaches.
And sadly as an adult you've closed your mind to the truth as it is and not as you were indoctrinated to believe it was as a child.
Such a clear few verses that you've not seen clearly because your eyes are still blinded by the indoctrination that still controls you.
Galatians 3:1-14.
1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
You're near death experience has turned you into a preacher.

Location hidden

#553129 Jun 30, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Varna...
"Social order or social class according to varna forms the framework of moral duties according to personal characteristics of individuals (not necessarily birth)."
http://philosophy.lander.edu/oriental/caste.h...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utkala_Brahmin
It's good that you would treat people with fairness and equality, irrespective of the caste they belong to. However, there must be many people who don't and that's why we are legislating to make caste discrimination unlawful.
The caste system still appears to be just another form of elitism that is found all over the world.
I was trying to say varna isn't a type of caste. U where calling it a type of caste.

Like I said, the caste system has been corrupted, it doesn't make one bit of a difference if u make it unlawful or not, the class system will always remain. I would like to see how the people destroy that. Only fools rejoice when given the illusion of freedom.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#553130 Jun 30, 2013
Scar,
I too was born in 1962 and raised in the Appalachian mountains. I too went to churches similar to what you described. Though it was uh uh not hah. If uh, uh you know, uh uh what I mean, uh, uh can I get an amen? The word of God say's uh, uh, what ever they want to talk about that day, uh, uh and strt pacing back and forth uh, uh, working themselves and others, into a frenzy. getting louder and louder uh, uh, followed by a controlled quietly spoken comment. Then working through the process again filled with timed uh, uhs. And yes I have set in on the prayer sessions with everyone praying out loud. With the preacher praying the longest. Though I must say he had a hard time out praying me :) Even as a child I cared about everybody. And I prayed for everybody and everything. We gathered around the piano and sang old songs and had a great time doing so. I attended Baptist, Southern Baptist, Methodist, church of Christ, Church of God, Pentecostal, you name it I attended them most likely. I conluded differently than you though. I concluded that they were wrong. Not because I decided so, but because I studied intently the Bible and the Bible they taught from said they were wrong. I don't judge if they were saved or not. But I judged what thy taught from what they taught from. And I found that God was at those services but not so much in the preacher with his choreographed uh, uh's as it was in the farmer that came in and gave testimony about his personal experiences and his love of God and how God worked in his life. It was real and unscripted. And it was in the mothers that had spent the night in prayer alone with her sick child and how God had given her peace even though her child was near death. And how God had seen them through this difficult time. And when a family in the community had some difficult task and everybody would pitch in and help them with no pay or reward. And I saw God in when the people would take up a special collection and help a family that was in need that didn't attend church or even believe. I saw God in the caring for one another.
Yeah, those are the same type experiences I had, and where you say you saw the hand of a deity, all I ever saw was the humanity of people.

Personally, I think that to credit the well intentioned actions of one person towards another is cheapened by crediting those things done by a person for another person to a deity, and, we see that same type behavior the world over, from the most affluent to the least of us.

All I see is the best of what humans are in those instances.
And yeah the Easter Bunny was bull. But Christ death on the cross for our sins and rising again and ascending to the Father, not to send us to hell if we don't this or that, but making a way from the hell that we were already bound for. That was real to me. And Santa Clause was a bunch of bull distraction from God giving his son for us who are dead in our sins (separated from the father) so that we might live (be reunited with the Father).
I guess each will see what we choose to see in any given situation. I understand your conclusions. But come to a different one from similar experiences. I found your post to be the best I have read from you. Thanks for sharing your experience.
As you said, we both came to different conclusions.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#553131 Jun 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
In my opinion, it makes much more sense as a myth than a reality. I do not use the word 'myth' in a negative way either.
Agree. Anything absurd makes more sense as a myth. A fox calling grapes sour makes more sense as fiction.
G_O_D wrote:
myths about deities can give a partial understanding of the "creative/destructive " force(s) of the Universe and our relationship to it/them.
Yes, they can. But I think that we can also understand and describe these ideas without stories, can't we?

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#553133 Jun 30, 2013
Clementia wrote:
How is genocide moral? You need to stop putting western and eastern philosophy into the same boat.
Did you read my post? I never said that genocide is morally good. However, I've encountered many Christians on these boards who think exactly that.
Clementia wrote:
Like I said, u are talking as a western man with no knowledge about the east, except for the one that has been taught to u by your elite western government. Until you gain a better understanding of different beliefs, are discussion is pointless, because we r going around and around in circles.
But going round in circles is what you people like to believe in? Yes?

Don't you believe that the whole creation/cosmos/time thing is cyclical in nature?

That's not a criticism - just an observation.
Clementia wrote:
What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. We believing taking someone's life is wrong, if someone takes a life then we call that wrong. Sometimes the answer is very simple!
That belief is fine with me. However millions of followers of Abrahamic faiths believe that taking a life is a wonderful thing when it's done at the behest of their god.
Clementia wrote:
Why do u spend your time telling Christians that they are deluded? U think u r right and they are wrong? U look at them as retards? They r misguided fools in your eyes. R they not?
Well, if I told you that the world is only 6000 years old and that there was a talking snake and donkey and that the sun can go backwards in the sky and that people once lived for nearly 1,000 years, etc, etc, wouldn't you say I was deluded?
Clementia wrote:
Every man tries to justify himself. Once, u too were deluded, just like these Christians, but today u think u have broken free from a delusion, but in reality u have entered another ignorant delusion. Could that not be? Or do u think u r perfect and u have all the right answers?
Nobody's perfect, I just prefer to look to science for my information on reality rather than relying on ancient tribal superstitions.

Location hidden

#553134 Jun 30, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely put and thanks for sharing your journey with us.
One question though:
Is wine from your birthplace subject to Appalachian Contrôlée?
;-)
Thanks.

You know there's nothing quite like Muscadine... and other such appellations in the Appalachians.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#553135 Jun 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
The difference between Tax Exempt and subsidized is that one is a fixed amount given and the other is variable amount not taken away. BOTH cost the tax payers.
That's not much of a distinction to the tax payer.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidy

"Subsidies can be direct – cash grants, interest-free loans – or indirect – tax breaks ..."

From http://www.earthtrack.net/depth-tax-subsidies

"Tax subsidies are the result of selective tax legislation1 that benefits particular groups of people or industries in the economy."

When the irreligious contingent has grown sufficiently that it makes the decisions, the church will have a chance to make its case for its usefulness to them, and why it should be subsidized by tax payers rather than just by Christian tithers.

I say let the money come from the tithes, that is, let the churches pay taxes. I'll bet that that will be the predominant sentiment.

Location hidden

#553136 Jun 30, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
You can't change what you were subjected to as a child and the indoctrination that you clearly went through, be it singular or multiple beliefs or doctrines. But what you can do as an adult (which you clearly haven't, even though you claim of have studied the Bible) is to find out why what you were taught as a child that's brought you to this point and molded you into what you are now was not the truth.
Instead you've turned away from what you thought at the time was the truth being taught to you and seeked the truth about God and that which is spiritual with your carnal earthly mind. Having turned your back on God and His Spirit (which you have done) which would guide you if you honestly seeked Him out. Instead you've chosen to look to the world and your carnal mind for the answers about Him. And you'll never find God and the truth through the world or your carnal mind.
Basically you turned from one false doctrine and replaced it with another one.
Sad, truly sad.
1st Timothy 4:1-2.
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
Romans 8:5-8
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
1st Corinthians 2:14.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Thanks for >your< doctrine.

Location hidden

#553137 Jun 30, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> maybe you should realize you are stoopid because youre fixed on man and not on God.
Don't be angry, Bongo.

Maybe one day you'll figure it out.

Watford, UK

#553138 Jun 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
You know there's nothing quite like Muscadine... and other such appellations in the Appalachians.
You're welcome!

I really must try Muscadine.

Watford, UK

#553139 Jun 30, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I was trying to say varna isn't a type of caste. U where calling it a type of caste.
Like I said, the caste system has been corrupted, it doesn't make one bit of a difference if u make it unlawful or not, the class system will always remain. I would like to see how the people destroy that. Only fools rejoice when given the illusion of freedom.
I thought varna was the name given to the four higher caste levels.

You're right, the class system will always exist. OK, there aren't anything like as many people benefiting from the class system as there used to be but that elitism still establishes itself, whether that be through, politics, philosophy or religion.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#553140 Jun 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. gave you a batch of hearts simply because you're Epi ..
Thanks HL....HUGS to you

Hope you have a great 4th of July

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#553141 Jun 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Did I miss a knock, knock joke?:)
Yes you did.....Answer is "Banana"

You're in an UP mood today....Great to see you Bernie

Here is a cup of coffee for ya

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#553142 Jun 30, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Like me?
That's not very fair.
You threw names into your negative "observation" - just like Skombolis does.
I find that character assassination - and feel there is no need for it...
For you are simply assuming who was giving the judge-it's.
Yes??
Overcast w sprinkles here.
The rain is that bad where you are?
Do you like your new home??
Don't think I could ever leave the coast.
That how I found out it was Pepe La Pew "Mike".....I thought it was funny all the overnights posts had no icons...Then they pop up.
It was only my opinion (observation)....You say things like that also (without proof)....It is like being a detective....You know kind of a "Nancy Drew"....

Love our new home....I still live on the coast.......This spring and summer has rained almost every day.....Oh.....Kay told me to tell you she would like to hear from you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Hypocrite watch 87,593
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min kent 703,585
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min another viewer 996,417
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 23 min _FLATLINE-------- 2,548
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... (Aug '17) 38 min Knuk Phoo Phang IV 186
Last post wins (May '13) 44 min _FLATLINE-------- 542
Sunday night 10:20 p.m. June 12th 1994 1 hr Doctor REALITY 94