Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553055 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is.
I've been institutionalized 3 times G_O_D.
Would you like a chronological account?
When, where and why?
:-)
No need. I just missed you. <hug>

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#553056 Jun 30, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
What would u like to know about Hanuman?
He was a bhagat (devotee) of Rama, and he was a saint. He belonged to the vanar tribe; a monkey tribe that lived in the van (forest).
What's his story? Monkey tribe? I was told he was a monkey. And that his master needed medicine that came from a certain flower that could only be found on a certain mountain. And when he went to the mountain couldn't determine which to get so he picked up the whole mountain and brought it back to save his master. Also he is worshiped. And that he is God. Or better said one of many Gods.
My curiosity is to the simple break down of Indian faith you have presented. As I asked before, how does he fit into what you have presented.
My first thought is that you are not who you say you are. And that what you present is from text books or internet info. But, rather than conclude that my first thought is correct, I decided to let your words speak for you.
Also, perhaps I have missed some of your posts. I haven't seen any mention of the very large population of Christians in India.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing more about faith in India.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#553057 Jun 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Atheists seem to get all their "info" from atheist websites and the like. They like to remain willfully ignorant so they can keep their belief that gods can't exist.*shrugs* dunno why...
It aint necessarily so wrote:
What information is available only on a Christian apologetics web site? Christian apologists aren't bound to the same ethics of scholarship that secularists are. They don't even define truth the way we do. So why would I accept anything at all found only on a Christian website? I don't get information about Christian websites for the same reason that I didn't learn medicine from homeopathic web sites. Philosophy, methods, results, and reputation all matter.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
HA HA HA !!!! I said "atheist websites", dude. Not secular websites. You think that a site like evilbible.com is based on fact and research?! If so, you're clueless.
No, you said "atheist websites and the like."

I notice that you chose to ignore the entire argument.

The fact remains that Christian apologetics sites have notorious reputations, and that there is virtually nothing worthwhile on one that cannot be found anywhere else but on such a site. That is, if it's true and useful and found on a Christian apologetics website, it was imported from a secular source.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#553058 Jun 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, I do YOUR laundry and YOU get paid.
I won't forget.
Any preference:
http://tide54.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/new...
http://img3.etsystatic.com/012/0/6845001/il_3...

Any questions?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553059 Jun 30, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You claim that one of your gods killed another one when it assumed human form - or killed itself, depending on the particular variation of the mythology you embrace.
<quoted text>
You just don't like the connotation. Too bad. Your religion is a death cult based on human sacrifice. Something had to suffer to appease your sadistic god, did it not?
How about the incessant reference to being washed in blood. That's repulsive to healthy people.
And your logo is a dead guy nailed to a stick.
<quoted text>
You know nothing. Your god is a mythological creature like a Gorgon or a satyr.
In my opinion, it makes much more sense as a myth than a reality.
I do not use the word 'myth' in a negative way either.
I have often said that i do not believe in deities but I do myths about deities can give a partial understanding of the "creative/destructive " force(s) of the Universe and our relationship to it/them.

Just as Bible God is evil and good, so to our lives are full of Good and Bad, Heaven and Hell, Sin and Righteousness, etc.

Bible God is as fickle as the real world is.

I am OK with that. Not sure why so many people can;t face the truth about "God".

Fennario

#553060 Jun 30, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
Chris...I read several more articles on this rally and I still can not find how the government targeted Christians. Can you explain to me how and why you think they did?
Chris Clearwater is a full-time Christian victim. He defends a church that has stood on the neck of Western culture for centuries by crying about how it is being treated.

"Well, I’ve been hearing quite a lot of bitching and whining in the press lately about aggressive, intolerant, atheism as if that’s, somehow, a bad thing. It seems religion can dish it out okay but it can’t take it: like a street thug who calls the police when his victims fight back." - Pat Condell

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553061 Jun 30, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I can't agree. If you take more money out of my pocket so that the church can pay less, it's the same as everyone overpaying their fair share of taxes, and then a pile of the tax dollars being given to the church. Those who don't receive that money are overpaying so that others can pay less. That's public subsidization of the church whichever method you choose to do it.
Why should the public subsidize the churches, whatever form is used to do it? What value are churches to the general public?
The difference between Tax Exempt and subsidized is that one is a fixed amount given and the other is variable amount not taken away.

BOTH cost the tax payers.

Why does God need so much money ?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#553062 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm here to push buttons. That's what I do. I have no other value.
I make jokes.
You make sense.

shhhh

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#553063 Jun 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No need. I just missed you. <hug>
You just make sure I don't have to miss you.

Have you ever seen the true mentally ill, G_O_D?

I have. I've shacked up wif em.

I didn't sleep, at all, the first time.

72 hours awake.

The third time I slept like a baby.

Life is cool. Stay with us.

Location hidden

#553064 Jun 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I was born in 1962 Appalachia.
I was "born"... Primitive Baptist, men folk in the right pews, women folk in the left pews, family folk with kids in the middle.
Sermonsdeliveredinanonstoplitt any - brokenonlybyanothergaspofairbe fore continuing,hah,If youa ,hah, get whaat ,hah, I meeean,hah,all sspOken in the prESEnce of tha ALLLLMIIIGHTY LOOOORRRDJESUS CHRIIIST! a hah whoDIIIED on that crRAWSSS, hah.*pulpit slap!*.
Deacons - "AMEN!" ... as Preacher Lee, trembling, mopped his brow, sippin springwater.
Each service dedicated a portion to sweaty, bent knee confession of the unworthy lives they lead. Some stood, stomping the pews, arms held high as they prayed...LOUD?
My Granny would reach over and close my eyes, whispering... "don't stare at em!" But I saw her stare too, sometimes...
I enjoyed the hymns sung there. The men and women singing from opposite sides with alternating choruses and harmonies. Beautiful. Electric. Tribal.
Not once did my innocence perceive this god thing. I was 4,5? I did notice the Easter Bunny got my baskets at Eckerds Drugstore.
I couldn't figure out how the clerk and the busy guy behind the tall counter remained so calm with this knowledge... mmmCherry Cokes.
My parents migrated to Southern Baptist, which, friend, has a much more subdued, friendly god. He'll still burn your worthless, full of sin, god giveth and(trust in this) god taketh away, BEhind.
Pass the plate...friend.
Then just Baptist. You decide, but you must GO UNDER water. Then you're safe. You occasionally walk up the center aisle and re-up. A collection plate was at the pulpit for the re-up, passed around every service.
The Easter Bunny has been proven fake. I was 7?
Santa ruled. It was obvious. I discovered he ordered his toys from many places. Mainly Sears...or Western Auto? Maybe Santa supplied, them? The North Pole was the official version.
I wasn't sure.
My parents then tried Methodist. Later, the Episcopalian and Lutheran faiths. Please!, follow the arrows in an orderly fashion, don't worry!, you WILL reach your destination. Where's your Jesus ticket? Gooood. They were more or less the same.
Different robes and similar terms etc...Catholibaptist. Falwell would roll if he saw catholibaptist.
Around 12? "!?Santa?!", needed my help assembling my siblings toys. There were 4 boys now. Dad wasn't mechanically inclined. I was. All toys worked that year. Flawlessly. My next 2 brothers even commented. I couldn't say a word.
One mysterious thing left for me to believe in....
Finally, Seventh Day Adventist. They try to embrace( all )of the god words.
Sorta.
They even have a prophet, who endorsed the legitimacy of dogmatism. Plus some additional hoops, because, the bible just isn't enough~/.
I went to an Adventist school, too.
In my religion courses at the beginning of each textbook a statement said there were no "right" or "wrong" answers. That sounded fair. So I asked questions, and gave my thoughts. Many times I was informed my misinterpretation was due to my misinterpretation? This became problematic in high school, when a more complex god was revealed, and my emerging mind was too. I was expelled from the boarding school for "sin"(irony is the word). A good education otherwise(I was behind in science, temporarily).
The religion teachers resourced and contrasted my experience in other faiths as a proof of SDA validity, as I was the only non "native" Adventist.
Huh...
After all of the different (gods/faiths), each supported by the bible in essence, I started to really look into god. Who is god? Where is god? What does god really want?. Why this god?. I looked at other gods. Religions. I really put time into it.
I pondered this throughout my time in the Army. The military has well stocked libraries. After I'd finished my service, at around 24-25, as an adult.
I understood I was atheist.
Good Post. Will respond next post.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553065 Jun 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of being a Christian is that we serve others. On Aug 28, 2010, many people went to Washington D.C. in what was called "Restoring Honor" I should clarify that while some in this group are most likely Christian others are not. But its quite clear some in government have no problem targeting and using resources to intimidate.
Christian politicians are targeting Christians ?

ROFLMAO

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553066 Jun 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of being a Christian is that we serve others....
What have you personally done ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553067 Jun 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the post from Mein Kamph you can repeat your lies as much as you want, they are still lies.
Thank you for your deceitful words, Satan.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#553068 Jun 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
“Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!”—Isaiah 5:20 (nkjv).
Yep. You are Satan's spawn alright.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#553069 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Yes. What is that?

Is it something to eat?

I fear what I do not understand.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#553070 Jun 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What have you personally done ?
He drives a truck.

That's important.

Fennario

#553071 Jun 30, 2013
What information is available only on a Christian apologetics web site? Christian apologists aren't bound to the same ethics of scholarship that secularists are. They don't even define truth the way we do. So why would I accept anything at all found only on a Christian website? I don't get information about Christian websites for the same reason that I didn't learn medicine from homeopathic web sites. Philosophy, methods, results, and reputation all matter.
Favorite Adversary wrote:
His assertion that apologists don't perform their research with the same high degree of ethics found in secular settings is patently false. For if eternity and our continued existence after bodily death is on the line, wouldn't it be beneficial to seek the truth in a methodical and ethical manner?
This is neither an argument nor a rebuttal to mine.

How can there be any truth in faith? You can have faith in anything or its opposite. Truth is determined by reality and is discovered by examining it. Faith is chosen by the faith based thinker and has no commitment to reality.
The tendency among the vocal atheist community is to assert that our faith is blind, and then dismiss our apologetic resources as merely cleverly conceived answers to silence our critics.
Of course faith is blind. As soon as you open your eyes and let reality modify faith, it is no longer just faith.

And yes, we dismiss apologetics. It is specious argumentation selectively constructed to suggest that a god exists.

Fennario

#553072 Jun 30, 2013
This would be counter-productive in every sense.
Not if you benefit by convincing others to believe. The pope and Pat Robertson live quite well because others believe. That's why one has over 200,000 parish churches and the other its satellite telecommunications network to exhort others to believe and give them money.
Of course to maintain their atheism they must make the claim that our faith is blind as if this is a "one-size-fits-all" defense shield for their psychological well being. In other words, it's the "comfortable truth" they want to protect and not the absolute truth.
As my argument alludes, you have no access to any knowledge not available to the rest of us. Things known ONLY to Christians are faith based and therefore neither reality based, true, or useful for any purpose other than for exploiting people and taking their money.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#553073 Jun 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. What is that?
Is it something to eat?
I fear what I do not understand.
I really have no idea.

I think it's a coconut.

I'm not usually questioned like this about my posts. Most people just give me a peanut and go about their business.

Stop PERSECUTING ME !!!

Oh wait, I'm not a Christian.

Dammit.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#553074 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I really have no idea.
I think it's a coconut.
I'm not usually questioned like this about my posts. Most people just give me a peanut and go about their business.
Stop PERSECUTING ME !!!
Oh wait, I'm not a Christian.
Dammit.
That's what I thought.

I looked at pictures of other coconuts.

It might be an abnormal coconut. It doesn't conform.

It came to the right place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did God allow sin into His universe? 1 min Doctor REALITY 25
why have black people got no history? (Apr '11) 3 min Johnny 19
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Nohweh 56,323
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 45,002
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Anthony MN 650,720
Obama Declared A Saint, By Catholic Church 28 min Nacked Truth 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Hangman 971,894
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Freebird USA 182,977
More from around the web