Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your confusion.
You're not talking about the Bible, scar. You're talking about certain passages in the OT only.
Did you ever get past the OT? Did you ever get to Jesus? Did you ever study His message and teachings?
The old laws of the OT were washed away by Jesus, He changed everything.
Yeah, I've read the entire bible 3 and half times(the 4th time I just couldn't finish it again).

I went to a private religious school. We had classes concerning the bible every day. It was a part of our grade.

So, yeah, I've read it and understand it.

It just so happens my understanding of it doesn't coincide with your understanding, or the understanding of the majority of Christianity, Judaism, etc...

That's fine.

Here's the hoot and kicker.

My understanding of the tome is just as valid as yours and any other persons understanding.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, the Brits are strange.
They lose church adherents faster than they lose teeth.
But still slower than the rate at which the Americans pile the pounds onto their arses and waistlines.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard about this. I would like to see these idiots go against the racist royal family and all the rich white elite coz they don't marry non-whites. I would like to see these people stop Oxford university from taking on students who can pay to get in. I would like to see these fools go against our Parliament and put an end to this 'elective dictatorship'.
I just told u that the class system has taken over the caste system, the caste system has been corrupted.
We live in a corrupt system!
P.S. I would really like to see these idiots get justice for all the children this government has murdered in Iraq.
Did you go to old market square today, to support out troops? LOL!
No, I wasn't there - I was washing my hair.

While we may be able to justify being in Afghanistan (even though it won't do any good), we had no right going into Iraq.

I hear what you say about class corrupting the caste system although it seems to me just form of elitism replacing another.

Having said that, can you put you hand on your heart and honestly say that you would treat a Jati the same way that you would treat a Varna?

If you were interviewing a Brahmin and a Dalit for the same job, would you honestly give it to the Dalit if he scored better than the Brahmin?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris...I read several more articles on this rally and I still can not find how the government targeted Christians. Can you explain to me how and why you think they did?
I could but my guess is it will be dismissed. I will post two links. One question aside from if Christians or anyone else was targeted by the government, do you think it is ok? For any one person or group of U.S. citizens to be targeted by any part of the government?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/12/di...

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The numbers are rising, not dropping.
Currently, the world's population is growing at a rate of 1.2%.
Christianity is rising at 1.3%.
D'oH!
It's certainly dying in Europe and the signs are that it'll also be dying in the USA.

Christianity has a habit of getting into bed with the people who have the power. Which may go some way to explaining its rise in China.

That will be Christianity's undoing, as the vast majority of Chinese view Christianity as a tool of the west. The Chinese ancestor religion is deeply established and the Chinese love their culture and history in ways that we in the west struggle to grasp. They certainly won't be abandoning all of that in favour of Christianity.

The future belongs to the Chinese and the world they will shape will be decidedly different from the one that's been shaped by western influences and that includes Christianity.
Neb Senu

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>?? what you talking about writer?
Here, read and learn something:
Hebrew Picture Dictionary
YHWH (&#1497;&#1492;&#1 493;&#1492; YHWH, Strong's #3068): Virtually all translations from Judaism and Christianity use "the LORD" for the Hebrew name of God - YHWH. The original pronunciation of the name can never be determined with complete accuracy but in Hebraic thought it is the meaning of a name that is more important than its pronunciation. The Hebrew YHWH is the verb hawah meaning "to exist" with the prefix y meaning "he." Therefore, the word YHWH means "he exists." YHWH is the one who exists every where every time.
http://m.ancient-hebrew.org/dictionary/yhwh.h...
In 1st Kings 20:21 it states:

"...this is what the lord says. "because the Arameans think the lord is god of the hills and not a god of the valleys..."

This blows your theory right out of the water.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The numbers are rising, not dropping.
Currently, the world's population is growing at a rate of 1.2%.
Christianity is rising at 1.3%.
D'oH!
I always laugh at the above statement you make, since it's meaningless as an example of Christianity growing faster than the world population.

You do understand that the figure for the world population growth is based upon a figure of roughly 7.094 billion people as of 2012(some estimates state that occurred in 2011). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

So that 1.2% growth is based upon that 7 billion person figure, annually.

Christianity has around 2.1 billion people. https://www.cia.gov/search...

So that 1.3% growth is based upon 2.1 billion people, annually.

The world population growth also reflects the % of people who die each year, in total estimate, and the population still increases 1.2% each year...

The Christian figure doesn't include that info. The Christian figure also doesn't reflect the % of adherents who abandon the religion each year.

Example; My old religion/church, still has me listed as a member.

(The increase in Christian adherents will never overshadow the world population growth of humans, ever)

Thanks for the laugh.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered my question, your silence is answer enough.
Here, I'll ask you again to give you another chance:
Do you find that killing people for being disrespectful to their parents is moral?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered that already, Lacez. I said that I don't find it moral at all.
But morality isn't the debate here, even though you're desperately trying to change it.
If you don't find it moral, then what is it?
OH, it's IMMORAL.
Which means it's unlawful.
Which means it's murder.

Congrats, you've succeeded in destroying your own argument.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're trying to define what is moral for all people of all time. You don't get to do that. You need to learn and understand that different people have their own feelings about what is - and is not - moral.
You don't understand.
What does that have to do with the fact that it goes against your god's LAW not to kill?
Unless you're saying your god's laws are irrelevant and therefore the people were lawful in their killing of people for disrespect?

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say I agree with it?!
Where? When?
All I've ever been saying about this is that it was legal, therefore not murder.
You keep trying to change the goalposts to make this a morality issue when it's not.
It was against one of your god's 10 comandments and so it was unlawful, so it was murder.

You can't accept the fact that your bible says to murder people.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As a refresher for you:
Deuteronomy 21:18-21
"If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death."
That sounds harsh to you and me, I know. But that was the law of the day, FOR THOSE PEOPLE, not for all.
It was the Capital punishment of the time and served the purpose of keeping the nation of Israel clean and free of criminal activities.
And by child it doesn't mean a literal child since the behavior mentioned is one of an adult child.
It DOES seem harsh especially considering that nowadays a simple spanking could mean the removal of a child from a home.
That was the government of the day and its Capital Punishment law.
See my above comment.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go...
http://www.forbes.com/global/2001/0528/046.ht...
If I have labeled Africa incorrectly then I stand to be corrected.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World
Africa is a continent, not a country.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude....
Debating with you is pointless. All you know is your way and refuse to see it any other way.
You're the one that said handing your kids over to get killed isn't killing them, not me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I've read the entire bible 3 and half times(the 4th time I just couldn't finish it again).
I went to a private religious school. We had classes concerning the bible every day. It was a part of our grade.
So, yeah, I've read it and understand it.
It just so happens my understanding of it doesn't coincide with your understanding, or the understanding of the majority of Christianity, Judaism, etc...
That's fine.
Here's the hoot and kicker.
My understanding of the tome is just as valid as yours and any other persons understanding.
I never said it wasn't.

What's "hoot and kicker"?

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We were discussing one set of verses from Deuteronomy and he brought up verses from three other books to "compare" them.
We weren't discussing any parts of your bible in particular.
We were discussing your bible, as a whole, ruling that people should kill their children for being disrespectful.
Neb Senu

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
rather you are mental clown sick patient of your own dr Shrink
I owe psychopaths like you scums without of God own descency and a... made as female part after feww f..times your a...look like broom from local dumpster
ty durnaja holowa bez Boha,bez dupy, bez huja durak jebi twajy kaczanka
Where did I state that I'm without a god?

Do you that you and your cult are the only ones who hold a patent to the term god?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I always laugh at the above statement you make, since it's meaningless as an example of Christianity growing faster than the world population.
You do understand that the figure for the world population growth is based upon a figure of roughly 7.094 billion people as of 2012(some estimates state that occurred in 2011). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population
So that 1.2% growth is based upon that 7 billion person figure, annually.
Christianity has around 2.1 billion people. https://www.cia.gov/search...
So that 1.3% growth is based upon 2.1 billion people, annually.
The world population growth also reflects the % of people who die each year, in total estimate, and the population still increases 1.2% each year...
The Christian figure doesn't include that info. The Christian figure also doesn't reflect the % of adherents who abandon the religion each year.
Example; My old religion/church, still has me listed as a member.
(The increase in Christian adherents will never overshadow the world population growth of humans, ever)
Thanks for the laugh.
You're welcome.

Now tell me a joke.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Lacez wrote:
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered my question, your silence is answer enough.
Here, I'll ask you again to give you another chance:
Do you find that killing people for being disrespectful to their parents is moral?
<quoted text>
If you don't find it moral, then what is it?
OH, it's IMMORAL.
Which means it's unlawful.
Which means it's murder.
Congrats, you've succeeded in destroying your own argument.
Immoral does NOT mean unlawful.

Where are you getting this shit from?

Immoral simply means not conforming to accepted standards of morality.

Just because a thing is immoral doesn't mean it's illegal.

Immoral is a very subjective term.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
But still slower than the rate at which the Americans pile the pounds onto their arses and waistlines.
D'oH!

I concede, good sire.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
D'oH!
I concede, good sire.
Lol

Actually, sometimes I think we Brits aren't that far behind you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

554 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessarily so 720,329
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min Neelakaran 4,568
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min RiccardoFire 93,664
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min June VanDerMark 532,479
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min Hate troublemaking arabs 114,987
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Dr_Zorderz 256,405
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 19 min ChromiuMan 5,222
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 35 min Lyndi 172,284
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••