Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#553041 Jun 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
He wants ta compare it with his demonination.
Hahaa... Possible.

Location hidden

#553042 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My question is: Why worry about silly icons?
I expect them. I want them. It means somebody read what I wrote. That is my objective. I write to be read. The good icons are the same as the bad icons. It means that somebody read my...
It's pretty much the same for myself.

Good icons, bad icons, either way I know I pushed some buttons.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#553043 Jun 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> No, I haven't, and thanks, I'm humbled.
<quoted text>
It wasn't a bad experience.
You take care too.
Will you write a book?

I'll buy it.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#553044 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Tide is my friend. I've known him to be honest. If you have a question, ask him. I bet he will answer truthfully.
If you accuse him of something without evidence, I will defend him vigorously with my words.
We are all wrong, sometimes Epi. It ain't no big deal.
:-)
I give icons to some people sometimes, but I don't recall ever giving any to Epi. I can start. She posted a George Carlin quote not too long ago that I liked. I could have given it a check.

Location hidden

#553045 Jun 30, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Sorry to hear about the many indoctrinations you went through as a child. But keep in mind, you're no longer a child. And to view Chirstianity as an adult by what you percieved it to be as an indoctrinated child is the reason you're way of thinking about Christianity now is totally askew.
The reason I pushed you for an answer is because you gave the answer I suspected you would. Sadly that's what led you to where you are now. Because if you had truely studied God's Word (the Bible) as you claim you have then you missed the following that would have shown you that the indoctrination you went through as a child clearly didn't walk hand in hand with what God's Word teaches.
And sadly as an adult you've closed your mind to the truth as it is and not as you were indoctrinated to believe it was as a child.
Such a clear few verses that you've not seen clearly because your eyes are still blinded by the indoctrination that still controls you.
Galatians 3:1-14.
1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
You seem to think I experienced some sort of confusion or underwent a bad experience.

I didn't and it wasn't. As a matter of fact, I garnered an extreme amount of clarity and insight from my upbringing. Those "many indoctrinations" as you put it, were very illuminating.

Eye opening, you might say.

Here's the thing, your response is pretty much the standard Christian response when I post that(that wasn't the first time, nor the last). That response appears to be that if I'd been raised in only one singular Christian denomination or belief, or a particular "way", then I'd be "fine".

Nothing could be further from the truth.

This is exactly how and where I'm supposed to be.

Climb into the Chaos with a friend or two, And follow the Way it carries you, Adrift like a Lunatic Lifeboat Crew, Over the Waves in whatever you do. The Book of Advice, Chapter 1

The Hell! Law says that Hell! is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it. Further, the lowest Rung in Hell! is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't. HBT; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1

A jug of wine, A leg of lamb And thou! Beside me, Whistling in the darkness. Be Ye Not Lost Among Precepts of Order. The Book of Uteronomy 1:5

Location hidden

#553046 Jun 30, 2013
Well, I'm caught up. I left about 8 icons I think.

If you didn't get good icons, just try harder next time. Have faith in yourself. You can do it!

“What game?”

Location hidden

#553047 Jun 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty much the same for myself.
Good icons, bad icons, either way I know I pushed some buttons.
I'm here to push buttons. That's what I do. I have no other value.

I make jokes.

You make sense.

Location hidden

#553048 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Will you write a book?
I'll buy it.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#553049 Jun 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I give icons to some people sometimes, but I don't recall ever giving any to Epi. I can start. She posted a George Carlin quote not too long ago that I liked. I could have given it a check.
I'll take a check. Leave the amount blank but sign it.

Don't forget to sign it.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#553050 Jun 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think I experienced some sort of confusion or underwent a bad experience.
I didn't and it wasn't. As a matter of fact, I garnered an extreme amount of clarity and insight from my upbringing. Those "many indoctrinations" as you put it, were very illuminating.
Eye opening, you might say.
Here's the thing, your response is pretty much the standard Christian response when I post that(that wasn't the first time, nor the last). That response appears to be that if I'd been raised in only one singular Christian denomination or belief, or a particular "way", then I'd be "fine".
Nothing could be further from the truth.
This is exactly how and where I'm supposed to be.
Climb into the Chaos with a friend or two, And follow the Way it carries you, Adrift like a Lunatic Lifeboat Crew, Over the Waves in whatever you do. The Book of Advice, Chapter 1
The Hell! Law says that Hell! is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it. Further, the lowest Rung in Hell! is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't. HBT; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1
A jug of wine, A leg of lamb And thou! Beside me, Whistling in the darkness. Be Ye Not Lost Among Precepts of Order. The Book of Uteronomy 1:5
See?

All I could think of saying was:

Hush, Tard

Location hidden

#553051 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you write a book?
I'll buy it.
hahaa...

If I ever have time enough to write a book..um...

I'll uh...write a book. I'd never charge you.

Location hidden

#553052 Jun 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Some favorites...

"Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts." - George Carlin

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves; You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A Death! What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating...

...and you finish off as an orgasm.”- George Carlin

“What game?”

Location hidden

#553053 Jun 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaa...
If I ever have time enough to write a book..um...
I'll uh...write a book. I'd never charge you.
Never charge me.

The neighbor's German Shepherd is in traction now. They didn't believe me when I talked to them about a leash.

"OH, He's a trained police dog. He will only attack when provoked."

Yeah.

Location hidden

#553054 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I'll take a check. Leave the amount blank but sign it.
Don't forget to sign it.
Right, I do YOUR laundry and YOU get paid.

I won't forget.

Any preference:

http://tide54.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/new...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553055 Jun 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is.
I've been institutionalized 3 times G_O_D.
Would you like a chronological account?
When, where and why?
:-)
No need. I just missed you. <hug>

Location hidden

#553056 Jun 30, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
What would u like to know about Hanuman?
He was a bhagat (devotee) of Rama, and he was a saint. He belonged to the vanar tribe; a monkey tribe that lived in the van (forest).
What's his story? Monkey tribe? I was told he was a monkey. And that his master needed medicine that came from a certain flower that could only be found on a certain mountain. And when he went to the mountain couldn't determine which to get so he picked up the whole mountain and brought it back to save his master. Also he is worshiped. And that he is God. Or better said one of many Gods.
My curiosity is to the simple break down of Indian faith you have presented. As I asked before, how does he fit into what you have presented.
My first thought is that you are not who you say you are. And that what you present is from text books or internet info. But, rather than conclude that my first thought is correct, I decided to let your words speak for you.
Also, perhaps I have missed some of your posts. I haven't seen any mention of the very large population of Christians in India.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing more about faith in India.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#553057 Jun 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Atheists seem to get all their "info" from atheist websites and the like. They like to remain willfully ignorant so they can keep their belief that gods can't exist.*shrugs* dunno why...
It aint necessarily so wrote:
What information is available only on a Christian apologetics web site? Christian apologists aren't bound to the same ethics of scholarship that secularists are. They don't even define truth the way we do. So why would I accept anything at all found only on a Christian website? I don't get information about Christian websites for the same reason that I didn't learn medicine from homeopathic web sites. Philosophy, methods, results, and reputation all matter.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
HA HA HA !!!! I said "atheist websites", dude. Not secular websites. You think that a site like evilbible.com is based on fact and research?! If so, you're clueless.
No, you said "atheist websites and the like."

I notice that you chose to ignore the entire argument.

The fact remains that Christian apologetics sites have notorious reputations, and that there is virtually nothing worthwhile on one that cannot be found anywhere else but on such a site. That is, if it's true and useful and found on a Christian apologetics website, it was imported from a secular source.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#553058 Jun 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, I do YOUR laundry and YOU get paid.
I won't forget.
Any preference:
http://tide54.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/new...
http://img3.etsystatic.com/012/0/6845001/il_3...

Any questions?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#553059 Jun 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You claim that one of your gods killed another one when it assumed human form - or killed itself, depending on the particular variation of the mythology you embrace.
<quoted text>
You just don't like the connotation. Too bad. Your religion is a death cult based on human sacrifice. Something had to suffer to appease your sadistic god, did it not?
How about the incessant reference to being washed in blood. That's repulsive to healthy people.
And your logo is a dead guy nailed to a stick.
<quoted text>
You know nothing. Your god is a mythological creature like a Gorgon or a satyr.
In my opinion, it makes much more sense as a myth than a reality.
I do not use the word 'myth' in a negative way either.
I have often said that i do not believe in deities but I do myths about deities can give a partial understanding of the "creative/destructive " force(s) of the Universe and our relationship to it/them.

Just as Bible God is evil and good, so to our lives are full of Good and Bad, Heaven and Hell, Sin and Righteousness, etc.

Bible God is as fickle as the real world is.

I am OK with that. Not sure why so many people can;t face the truth about "God".

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#553060 Jun 30, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
Chris...I read several more articles on this rally and I still can not find how the government targeted Christians. Can you explain to me how and why you think they did?
Chris Clearwater is a full-time Christian victim. He defends a church that has stood on the neck of Western culture for centuries by crying about how it is being treated.

"Well, I’ve been hearing quite a lot of bitching and whining in the press lately about aggressive, intolerant, atheism as if that’s, somehow, a bad thing. It seems religion can dish it out okay but it can’t take it: like a street thug who calls the police when his victims fight back." - Pat Condell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min somebody 184,567
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 104,407
American Soldiers - Profiles In cowardice. (Mar '10) 41 min Ricky F 1,990
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr RiversideRedneck 981,116
Gay/bi Skype Sex ? (Mar '14) 1 hr axc 1137 17
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr RiversideRedneck 672,793
Let your Pigs sequel some more God!!! 3 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 hr onemale 286,297
More from around the web