“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552920 Jun 29, 2013
This is some funny shit!

It makes me think of HL makin RR a sammich....

Grrr

http://youtu.be/5IwVWA2HY5M

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552921 Jun 29, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> What I remember is giving you the origin of your religion. Christianity is the child of the parent religion of Judaism.
I know you aren't Jewish, but you do incorporate Judaic religious texts and certain precepts into your Christian belief structure.
Yes but Judaism and Christianity are vastly different. You can't expect a Christian to know and follow Judaic laws.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#552922 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a non- Christian check the Christian box?
What do you mean, a non-Christian?

These people identify as Christians. They aren't Jewish, or Muslim, or Shinto. They come from Christian families. So, when there are boxes to check, they check the Christian box.

My only point is that they are not believers. They care nothing for the religion.

If you really want to understand other cultures, you have to experience them. You can't sit in Riverside and google numbers and reach conclusions.

Long Beach, CA

#552923 Jun 29, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I forget sometimes you're in California...
It's okay. You try.
Hey, I resemble that remark.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#552924 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
(...)I suggest that you try to learn what religion a theist is in before debating and hammering them. Remember when you used to give me Jewish shit like I'm Jewish?
Remember when I went through the process of helping you identify you were a Protestant?(har, har)

RiversideRedneck wrote: I'm not a Protestant.

That was my intent, to find out what variation of Christianity, and further, the denomination, you were.

Long Beach, CA

#552925 Jun 29, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty broad statement.
Religious school?
What "religion"?
Christian (which denomination), Islam, Hinduism, Sikhism, Atheism, Taoism, Toa Choa, Secularism, Humnism, etc...?
Humnism.

It was cool.

We spent all day humming away.

Long Beach, CA

#552926 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar. You brought up Deuteronomy to try and use it as a means to vilify the Bible.
No need to lie, RR.

In my view, the Bible is a self-vilifying text.

Long Beach, CA

#552927 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Abroad?!
You mean like to LA?
Yeah, I guess.

For you, it would at least be a start.

How's the weather over in the Inland Empire today?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552928 Jun 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean, a non-Christian?
These people identify as Christians. They aren't Jewish, or Muslim, or Shinto. They come from Christian families. So, when there are boxes to check, they check the Christian box.
My only point is that they are not believers. They care nothing for the religion.
If you really want to understand other cultures, you have to experience them. You can't sit in Riverside and google numbers and reach conclusions.
Siiigh..... Ok.

Why would a non- believer check the Christian box?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#552929 Jun 29, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You know Chris...your first statement..."I could but my guess is it will be dismissed."...I think was rude on your part. I could have just called you some "poor pitiful Christian trying to earn persecution points and let it go at that. Instead I read several articles on the rally that you mentioned...asked questions...and have not tried to insult you.
Oh well...
I read both links you gave. Neither article mentioned Christian. The second one did speak of conservative groups and Israel. I assume that this is why you feel as if they are targeting Christians.
As far as your question as to if I would approve of government targeting specific groups...would my answer make any difference in your mind.
Because I've been posting for quite some time here and many people that you tend to agree with have countless times dismissed what I value. I get it, its a game and we are all playing. Nothing on tv here and its raining so I've nothing better to do right now. I would like to know, Christian or not if you would have a problem with the government of the U.S. using any of its powers to target anyone? I ask because to my mind its clear some that tend to side to the left and others on the far right don't. We are changing as a nation, what I wonder to? Sorry if I was rude but again going on past experience here with links I've posted.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552930 Jun 29, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember when I went through the process of helping you identify you were a Protestant?(har, har)
RiversideRedneck wrote: I'm not a Protestant.
That was my intent, to find out what variation of Christianity, and further, the denomination, you were.
Touché.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552931 Jun 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to lie, RR.
In my view, the Bible is a self-vilifying text.
Romans 13:8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.

Galatians 5:13 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Ephesians 4:2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,

2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another,agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.

Yes..... Truly evil stuff....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552932 Jun 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I guess.
For you, it would at least be a start.
How's the weather over in the Inland Empire today?
Hot and dry as shit, man. Me & the boys worked in the yard for an hour and hadda take a break. It's too hot.

I wouldn't go back to LA if you paid me. That city plus a dungbag shithole. You wanna see some beautiful country and people? Try Tennessee or Louisiana. Thems some nice folks out there.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#552933 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Siiigh..... Ok.
Perhaps because they have not really asked themselves what they think? Have to go with Catcher on this one, many will go with whatever culture they are part of. Numbers don't mean much to me as I follow this. In the end we all alone give an account to God. From my understanding the Lord says it really is a small number. I do question some of the stars in some of the mega churches and I do think it would be a good thing to see churches no longer have tax exempt status in the USA. First so they are not beholden so much to the government and second I think it would weed out some that worship money as a false god.

Long Beach, CA

#552934 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Siiigh..... Ok.
For the same reason a nonbelieving Jew would check the Jewish box.

It's their family; their background; their heritage; it's the group they identify with. if they have to select, that's the box for them.

My only point is that, regardless of how they identify themselves, Brits and Europeans for the most part don't believe. They aren't bothered with religious beliefs. They are secular.

You may have the last word. Anything else I could say about it now would be repetition.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#552935 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a non- Christian check the Christian box?
I dunno, when I fill out a form that asks what "race" I am, I put an "X" across the others, and in the "other ____" blank, I write in "HUMAN".

I don't check anything when it asks my religious preference.

Maybe some people just check Christian cause it's convenient and "that's the way it's always been done around here".

Who knows...

Long Beach, CA

#552936 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hot and dry as shit, man. Me & the boys worked in the yard for an hour and hadda take a break. It's too hot.
I wouldn't go back to LA if you paid me. That city plus a dungbag shithole. You wanna see some beautiful country and people? Try Tennessee or Louisiana. Thems some nice folks out there.
The beach, dude, the beach.

Long Beach, CA

#552937 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Been to both those places. Nice to visit, but I couldn't live there, for many reasons.

In September, I'll be spending five days in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Very similar. It will be nice. But just for a visit.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552938 Jun 29, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps because they have not really asked themselves what they think? Have to go with Catcher on this one, many will go with whatever culture they are part of. Numbers don't mean much to me as I follow this. In the end we all alone give an account to God. From my understanding the Lord says it really is a small number. I do question some of the stars in some of the mega churches and I do think it would be a good thing to see churches no longer have tax exempt status in the USA. First so they are not beholden so much to the government and second I think it would weed out some that worship money as a false god.
Churches have been tax exempt fur thousands of years. Anybody with any sense knows that if a government wants to control and/or close churches the best way to do that is to tax them.

And I disagree on the first comment. I'd imagine that an undecided person would check the "undecided" box instead of the Christian box.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552939 Jun 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason a nonbelieving Jew would check the Jewish box.
It's their family; their background; their heritage; it's the group they identify with. if they have to select, that's the box for them.
My only point is that, regardless of how they identify themselves, Brits and Europeans for the most part don't believe. They aren't bothered with religious beliefs. They are secular.
You may have the last word. Anything else I could say about it now would be repetition.
This shows that, for the most part, British do believe, by a wide majority.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_En...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 min Farstrider 5,418
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min BenAdam 795,186
Homosexuals are servants and human children of ... 21 min Rick in Kansas 12
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min Gods r Delusions ... 567,973
2003 Silverado 2500HD REDUCED ENGINE POWER (Dec '09) 45 min jbonde 137
I want to be a sex slave to elder woman (May '13) 1 hr phil 19
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 267,400
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Just Think 120,695
Scientific proof for God's existence 6 hr lightbeamrider 545
More from around the web