|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for a very small percentage, I've seen no logical reason to assume that sexual orientation is not a choice.
Not that it matters either way.
I don't see the big deal. So what if it's a choice.
have you had sex with a male?

then why do you think you should comment at all?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're comparing different laws from different cultures in different regions at different times.
Lets compare the laws of China in 320 AD to the laws of England today, shall we?
your god's morality changes with culture?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of being a Christian is that we serve others. On Aug 28, 2010, many people went to Washington D.C. in what was called "Restoring Honor" I should clarify that while some in this group are most likely Christian others are not. But its quite clear some in government have no problem targeting and using resources to intimidate.
Here is what I read...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restoring_Honor_...

I am not sure how you think this targeted Christians. This rally started (according to how I understood it) as a publicity/political event and then changed to a charity event. I didn't see where it was promoted as a religious event.

"On November 21, 2009, at The Villages, Florida, Beck announced a rally to be held on August 28, 2010, in Washington, D.C., at the Lincoln Memorial. Beck originally intended the rally as political, and planned to promote his next book, The Plan, in which he would outline a century-long plan to "save the country". Over the 2009 Christmas holidays, however, Beck claimed the event would be "non-political", and focus on raising awareness and funds for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation charity, because soliciting tax-exempt funds to pay for the rally through the charity restricts political activity. The charity receives funds collected above the amount needed to pay for the rally. Beck named his planned rally "Restoring Honor," saying its theme was "about honoring character" as well as honoring the sacrifices of U.S. Armed Services personnel."

Biggest opponents seem to have been from some leaders of the black community...

"Various civil rights leaders of the black community criticized Beck leading up to the event, under the auspice that picking the anniversary of King's speech was a "deliberate way to distort King's message."

Through this entire article...unless I am just misreading...I got no indication that it was opposed because of it being "Christian". Nor did I get any indication that it was a "Christian" event.

Maybe I am just not understanding your view point and how Christians are being targeted.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, ok. I understand. Honestly, I've never them then in action, either. Just online.
You're right, it doesn't compare.
Christians don't go around spreading pedophelia around the country.....
<quoted text>
I do, but only once or twice a year. And every time I regret it.
But is never try to force anyone else to not go because I think it's awful ...snip
ok

but only because you are such a good christian

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>However Jesus did call Himself God.
No one can silence Christianity. They Romans tried it and the opposite happened, Christianity spread like wildfire.
The only thing a person can do that rejects Christianity, is simply not believe and go live they life. But Christianity will always exist. Christianity is growing.
christianity is declining in all countries with a decent education system.

I think there is a growing storm for that belief system.

even islam is doing better than christianity.
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
christianity is declining in all countries with a decent education system.
I think there is a growing storm for that belief system.
even islam is doing better than christianity.
How do you reach that conclusion? Christianity is expanding in parts of Africa and the Orient at a very quick pace. Like other beliefs, Christianity displays ebb and flow.

Are you basing your opinion on polls and surveys?

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

~snicker~

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what I read...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restoring_Honor_...
I am not sure how you think this targeted Christians. This rally started (according to how I understood it) as a publicity/political event and then changed to a charity event. I didn't see where it was promoted as a religious event.
"On November 21, 2009, at The Villages, Florida, Beck announced a rally to be held on August 28, 2010, in Washington, D.C., at the Lincoln Memorial. Beck originally intended the rally as political, and planned to promote his next book, The Plan, in which he would outline a century-long plan to "save the country". Over the 2009 Christmas holidays, however, Beck claimed the event would be "non-political", and focus on raising awareness and funds for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation charity, because soliciting tax-exempt funds to pay for the rally through the charity restricts political activity. The charity receives funds collected above the amount needed to pay for the rally. Beck named his planned rally "Restoring Honor," saying its theme was "about honoring character" as well as honoring the sacrifices of U.S. Armed Services personnel."
Biggest opponents seem to have been from some leaders of the black community...
"Various civil rights leaders of the black community criticized Beck leading up to the event, under the auspice that picking the anniversary of King's speech was a "deliberate way to distort King's message."
Through this entire article...unless I am just misreading...I got no indication that it was opposed because of it being "Christian". Nor did I get any indication that it was a "Christian" event.
Maybe I am just not understanding your view point and how Christians are being targeted.
Of course the people that stand against it are not going to do so saying its because of issues of faith but it is imo. True, most of the leaders in the black community stand quite strongly against this. At least one, Alveda King, has stood with the people that went to Washington that day and has paid quite a price for it. Like on my first date at a Messianic service where the son had been disowned by the rest of his family some things you just don't do if you want peace. Thankful this woman stands on the very words of Mlk so many years ago and nothing, no person, not even members of her own family keep her from standing for what is right. We will never agree on this because I see indications of it almost each day. Don't know if it happens in my lifetime but I bet the day comes when the government here, like other parts of the world will tell us what kind of religion is ok, what kind you will see no tolerance for.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you reach that conclusion? Christianity is expanding in parts of Africa and the Orient at a very quick pace. Like other beliefs, Christianity displays ebb and flow.
Are you basing your opinion on polls and surveys?
Here is an excerpt from a study conducted by the Univ. of Toronto...

"A century ago, 80 per cent of the world's Christians lived in Europe and North America; today, nearly 70 per cent live in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, making Christianity a predominantly non-Western religion.

A critical mass of scholars who are looking into the implications of this shift has made the University of Toronto a leading centre for the study of global Christianity.

Christianity today has more than 2.2 billion adherents worldwide. The majority are overwhelmingly poor, displaced from rural villages into overcrowded cities in search of work, and adhere strictly to the word of Scripture, which can command their loyalty far more than state or society."

...the face of Christianity is changing...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

G_O_D wrote:

Because God told them it was moral.
You have read the bible, right ?
Yes, I have. And studied it. And learned from it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered my question, your silence is answer enough.
Here, I'll ask you again to give you another chance:
Do you find that killing people for being disrespectful to their parents is moral?
I answered that already, Lacez. I said that I don't find it moral at all.

But morality isn't the debate here, even though you're desperately trying to change it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You may need to re-read my post to understand what I *actually* wrote.
Don't worry.
Yours is a common failing among fundies.
"When you got something other than simple suspension of disbelieve and ignorance of your own scriptures, give me a shout."

I gotcha, atheist. I responded in kind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a time machine ?
do you keep in the secret vaults of the Vatican or in your basement ?
A time machine isn't required to do historical research, my man.

Get a grip.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so you're saying that even your god cannot define morality.
For it can't be moral one day and immoral the next.
Along with that, you are saying that had you been raised in that time, you would have your sons and/or daughters killed if they disrespected you?
Sorry, but that's not right, nor moral in any way.
I'm sure there are many here that would agree that no matter the time, it would be wrong to kill people just for being disrespectful.
You do realize that that also disobeys one of the ten commandments too, right?
There are no terms to that commandment, and so people are blatantly going against that "law."
That would be murder.
You're trying to define what is moral for all people of all time. You don't get to do that. You need to learn and understand that different people have their own feelings about what is - and is not - moral.

You don't understand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you agree with it.
You believe it was right to execute them at that time because it was legal.
Where did I say I agree with it?!

Where? When?

All I've ever been saying about this is that it was legal, therefore not murder.

You keep trying to change the goalposts to make this a morality issue when it's not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Research?
The bible says to kill indiscriminate of any age.
Age of consent at the time does not matter in this discussion, because the bible does not refer to that age of consent, and therefore rules to kill children as well.
Show me in the bible where it makes a point of saying to kill the adults and not the children regarding the passage saying to kill those who disrespect their parents.
You might have a point then.
As a refresher for you:

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

"If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death."

That sounds harsh to you and me, I know. But that was the law of the day, FOR THOSE PEOPLE, not for all.

It was the Capital punishment of the time and served the purpose of keeping the nation of Israel clean and free of criminal activities.

And by child it doesn't mean a literal child since the behavior mentioned is one of an adult child.

It DOES seem harsh especially considering that nowadays a simple spanking could mean the removal of a child from a home.

That was the government of the day and its Capital Punishment law.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, if someone else kills your children, but you hand them over, it isn't murder!
Dude....

Debating with you is pointless. All you know is your way and refuse to see it any other way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No he isn't. He's comparing your interpretation of ancient Hebrew laws to his own by showing us what the words actually say.
You wrote that "children could NOT be executed" and that it was wrong to assume that a son "means a minor." He disagreed and posted scripture that contradicted your position. How is that "comparing different laws from different cultures in different regions at different times"?
Is it so difficult to agree that your god would execute children?
We were discussing one set of verses from Deuteronomy and he brought up verses from three other books to "compare" them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What information is available only on a Christian apologetics web site?
Christian apologists aren't bound to the same ethics of scholarship that secularists are. They don't even define truth the way we do.
So why would I accept anything at all found only on a Christian website?
I don't get information about Christian websites for the same reason that I didn't learn medicine from homeopathic web sites. Philosophy, methods, results, and reputation all matter.
HA HA HA !!!!

I said "atheist websites", dude. Not secular websites.

You think that a site like evilbible.com is based on fact and research?! If so, you're clueless.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

karl44 wrote:

have you had sex with a male?
I've asked you repeatedly to stop hitting on me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

423 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessarily so 720,275
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Dave Nelson 224,030
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 min Aura Mytha 5,217
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 13 min Rama Naicker 4,544
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 14 min Ed Teach 53,160
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 15 min cretin56 4,095
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Aura Mytha 256,401
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Liam 532,451
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Clearwater 172,271
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 15 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••