Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#552959 Jun 29, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, so thats where all the lawyers are living now..........
Lol.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#552960 Jun 29, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I've been posting for quite some time here and many people that you tend to agree with have countless times dismissed what I value. I get it, its a game and we are all playing. Nothing on tv here and its raining so I've nothing better to do right now. I would like to know, Christian or not if you would have a problem with the government of the U.S. using any of its powers to target anyone? I ask because to my mind its clear some that tend to side to the left and others on the far right don't. We are changing as a nation, what I wonder to? Sorry if I was rude but again going on past experience here with links I've posted.
I think your question is complicated.

I'll give this example...

I am opposed to Muslims being targeted simply because they are Muslim. I do however understand peoples concerns. Are we trading in our human decency however for a little bit of safety.

I do believe that it is our governments job to make sure that any and all groups of people are following the rules. Should we just ignore the actions of an organization simply because they are Christian...NO...nor should we target them because they are either.

Ya know Chris...I have agreed with some people...I have also disagreed with them. I have disagreed with some Christians...I have also agreed with them at times.

If you want to find something wrong with me you can do that without having to lump me with any and all non-Christians. I certainly say and do enough on my own without having to own the words of every non-Christian.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#552961 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think a person born of Christian parents but not practicing Christianity or believing in God would still check the Christian box??
In England, in Europe, yep.

I think Hitler would have checked the Christian box too.

That's box-checking for you.

Catcher1

Long Beach, CA

#552962 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. To say that Palm Desert is "full of perverts" is a huge exaggeration and you know it.
I would never say that.

It's Clearwater who believes gays and lesbians are "perverts".

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#552963 Jun 29, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I wasn't there - I was washing my hair.
While we may be able to justify being in Afghanistan (even though it won't do any good), we had no right going into Iraq.
I hear what you say about class corrupting the caste system although it seems to me just form of elitism replacing another.
Having said that, can you put you hand on your heart and honestly say that you would treat a Jati the same way that you would treat a Varna?
If you were interviewing a Brahmin and a Dalit for the same job, would you honestly give it to the Dalit if he scored better than the Brahmin?
You should have waited, it's going to rain next week.:-)

Even Sikhs had to go into Afghanistan, coz the Muslims were attacking India from that direction, but we never went further than that.

No, it's not the same. You say these things because you have been brainwashed by the elite in the west. The west has always used the Caste system as a way of bashing Indian philosophy. Most Indians are also being brainwashed against it, so they go and join the western people and start fighting against something they don't understand. People in the west have not be taught the truth about our philosophies.

Yes, my dear, I would and do!

"The braham gyani is the highest of them all, but in his/her mind is the most humble".- sikh scripture

The brahmins are meant to be the nicest people on the planet, how could they not love all life?

Our sikh scripture is composed of the writings of brahmins, khastris and shudras, but our scripture states that they are all actually true brahmins and the rightful kings of this world. When I bow my head to my scripture and accept sikh philosophy, I bow down to those brahm gyanis who were born in many different castes. They are all my guru's. Nanak talks about these 'dalits' in our scripture, all of them were 'low castes' and Nanak was 'high caste'. Look how he treats them, he calls them saints;

"Kabir is merciful, the slave of the Lords slaves; the humble barber Sain is supreme. Highest of the high is Namdev, who looked upon all alike; Ravidas embodiment, Manifestation of God. My soul, body and wealth belong to the Saints;&#65279; my mind longs for the dust of the Saints. And by the radiant Grace of the Saints, all my doubts have been erased. Said Nanak, I have met the Lord. Pg1207 sikh scripture.

You r a brahmin or shudra based on your actions and actions alone. When the caste system was truly followed, truth has always flourished and righteousness has reigned over the hearts of men, turning them into gods!

Our philosophy states that everyone has the potential to become the Brahm gyani and that is what everyone should aim to be, only when there is peace in the hearts of men can there be peace in the world.

P.S. what caste is a varna?:-)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552964 Jun 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In England, in Europe, yep.
I think Hitler would have checked the Christian box too.
That's box-checking for you.
Oh, ok. That's what you assume.

I assume they wouldn't.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552965 Jun 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never say that.
It's Clearwater who believes gays and lesbians are "perverts".
Alright....

To say that Palm Desert is full of gays and lesbians is an exaggeration and you know it.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#552966 Jun 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A person born of Jewish parents, who honors his/her heritage, recognizes that his people have been persecuted repeatedly, who honors the suffering of those who came before him/her, who is aware that Jews may be persecuted at any time, and who therefore identifies as a Jew.
Nonetheless, the person does not believe in a god.
There are many.
http://baconeatingatheistjew.blogspot.com/

He has a good sense of humor.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#552967 Jun 29, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty broad statement.
Religious school?
What "religion"?
Christian (which denomination), Islam, Hinduism, Sikhism, Atheism, Taoism, Toa Choa, Secularism, Humnism, etc...?
Eyball wrote:
Christian.
Red Apples wrote:
Repeating: Christian (which denomination)?
Are you sure you want the answer to that, and if yes, why?

Catcher1

Long Beach, CA

#552968 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright....
To say that Palm Desert is full of gays and lesbians is an exaggeration and you know it.
It has become a preferred vacation destination for gays and lesbians over the past 10 years or so.

The number of hotels catering to that demographic has multiplied.

My gay friends tell me they feel more comfortable there than ever, and more comfortable than anywhere else.

It has become a gay-friendly place, and as a result it is full of gays.

More power to them, say I.

Catcher1

Long Beach, CA

#552969 Jun 29, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
http://baconeatingatheistjew.blogspot.com/
He has a good sense of humor.
Very good!
Bongo

United States

#552970 Jun 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It has become a preferred vacation destination for gays and lesbians over the past 10 years or so.
My gay friends tell me they feel more comfortable there than ever, and more comfortable than anywhere else.
youre a flagrant dork dude, with a law license.

Location hidden

#552971 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'alls a bunch of fat asses, too?
Yep, thanks to fast food, I think Britain will defo match America. It's so sad.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#552972 Jun 29, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure you want the answer to that, and if yes, why?
I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want an answer.

Are you going to answer or are you just going to continue a avoid giving a straight answer?

Location hidden

#552973 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, ok. That's what you assume.
I assume they wouldn't.
I think most do, coz people have started making religion into a race. I think it defo works for Jews and kinda makes sense, but i don't think it works for Christians.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552974 Jun 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya, I don't give a shit what they do either.

But hotels 'catering' to them? Doesn't that seem a bit sexist or racist or whatever?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552975 Jun 29, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, thanks to fast food, I think Britain will defo match America. It's so sad.
You will only match us in waist size.

Everything else, America wins.

:p
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#552976 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I read your self-proclaimed "brilliant" piece...
Here's the first paragraph:
Mark is a marvelous, largely fictional work. It was written anonymously and later attributed, almost certainly incorrectly, to John Mark, son of Mary of Jerusalem. It was written in the 70's after the fall of Jerusalem and destruction of the 2nd temple. And it comes to us in a crude Greek that probably was written by a Gentile or Hellenized Jew who was a masterful storyteller but not the best linguist and probably not a resident of Palestine, as John Mark was.
See what I see? No? That's because you think it's brilliant.
I see "almost certainly", "probably was written" & "probably not a resident"....
In other words - you're assuming everything in that "brilliant" piece.
The Gospel of Mark couldn't be a fictional work for a number of reasons. It's a very primitive attempt to write a historical account. How can we know this? A number of items capture our attention if we're aware of the culture in and around Jerusalem during the early first century.

1) Mark's gospel is very stark in contrast to the other gospels. It's very dry and sparse of cultural details.

2) Mark writes embarrassing details that place both him and Peter in an awkward position among the members of early Christianity. The incidents in the Garden of Gethsemane Peter uses his sword the night of Jesus' arrest, and Jesus scolds him for it. Peter denies Jesus three times. Mark writes of a young man who barely (and naked) escapes the clutches of the temple guards sent to arrest Jesus. Why on earth does that belong in the account? It's out of place UNLESS Mark is admitting he was also there and was as cowardly as the rest of the disciples who scattered.

3) In Mark 10, verse 35, Mark writes "Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee came to him." Why would Mark write who their father is? Why is Zebedee mentioned? Mark is trying to identify them by their father as was common in 1st century Judaic culture. Why do that if the story is fictional? This also points to a much earlier writing of Mark than 70 A.D. If the crucifixion of Jesus took place in Nisan of 30 A.D. as is commonly believed, then how old was Zebedee in 70 A.D. given that most men didn't live past the age of 65? Why mention it if the readers wouldn't have a clue who Zebedee was in 70 A.D.?

There are other cultural and societal issues that could be addressed as to why Mark is NOT fictional nor late, but for our purposes, I think these points are sufficient.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#552977 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But hotels 'catering' to them? Doesn't that seem a bit sexist or racist or whatever?
RR there are hotels that cater to families...senior citizens...singles...etc etc. I don't think that it makes them anything other than people trying to attract clientele.

What about restaurants? McDonalds definitely goes after the kids...then there are the restaurants that try to draw the wealthy clientele.

What about businesses that give senior citizen discounts?

Oh...and we can not forget about the places that try to draw in the "redneck" clientele.

Really RR...there are even businesses that are in the business of attracting...Christians.

If the hang a sign out from that says "GAYS ONLY"...then you might have a point.

Catcher1

Long Beach, CA

#552978 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You think it's wrong to make people feel comfortable?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min oneear69 37,047
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 688,761
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 988,504
672,000 gallons of oil spilled off Louisiana co... 3 hr Freakenstein 2
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 4 hr Erratic Mind 8
Donald Trump is the new fake political project 4 hr Freakenstein 3
___End Time ISRAEL -- 2017 FOREWARNINGS___ 4 hr YTube Sept 2017 1
More from around the web