#552792 Jun 29, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello
Yo Mike. What's up?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#552793 Jun 29, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
“Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!”—Isaiah 5:20 (nkjv)
"By means of shrewd lies, unremittingly repeated, it is possible to make people believe that heaven is hell and hell, heaven... the greater the lie, the more readily it will be believed." A Hitler, Mein Kamph
Doesn't Isaiah also tell us that the god of the Bible created evil?

With that in mind, perhaps you should ask yourself if evil comes from good, or does it come from evil?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#552795 Jun 29, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Observation
I read the posts from overnight and thought "I think the Icon Fairy has taken a vacation...Every post isn't plastered with icons"....And sure enough Ians and Tide show up and the icons are back......Ians says he never manipulates icons.....So that leaves Tide with Bleach (I mean Beach)...The Lawyer....Esquire...Dude from California....Bob Dylan follower
I may be wrong though
Have a GOoD day Everyone....
In the years I have posted here and on other threads, not once have I ever "iconed" any post.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#552796 Jun 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>You are misconstruing his position.

You have to buy off the judge and have him call it legal.
Oh shoot, forgot that tidbit.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#552797 Jun 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
if you want to talk about attractions, that's a whole other topic, but none-the-less it's akin to the topic of our personal responsibilities with our body. i.e., if a person acts upon their attraction to their neighbor's wife, we call that ADULTERY. similarly, if a person acts upon their attraction to a person of the same sex, we call that HOMOSEXUALITY.

WHERE THE F IS THE DIFFERENCE IN PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY?
I have no other responsibility for me not to commit adultery with an unmarried person, male or female, other than my promise to my wife not to do so. If she were good with it, then it would be perfectly OK.

And it would be OK to commit adultery with a married person if both partners were OK with it.

The religious rules that you choose to live by are not binding on those who didn't choose them.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#552798 Jun 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the years I have posted here and on other threads, not once have I ever "iconed" any post.
Morning, Catcher.

Any news on our favourite hillbilly, Buck?

I miss hearin' bout them fellers Fountain and Peebob.

Fennario

#552799 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
In the laws of the day, children could NOT be executed. You're completely missing that. The bible says "a son" and you instantly assume it means a minor. Why?
G_O_D wrote:
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children." Ezekiel 9:5

"I will release wild animals that will kill your children" Leviticus 26:21

"Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes....their wives raped .... They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children." Isaiah 13:15
Seems the Bible disagrees with you. You should read it sometime.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're comparing different laws from different cultures in different regions at different times.
Lets compare the laws of China in 320 AD to the laws of England today, shall we?
No he isn't. He's comparing your interpretation of ancient Hebrew laws to his own by showing us what the words actually say.

You wrote that "children could NOT be executed" and that it was wrong to assume that a son "means a minor." He disagreed and posted scripture that contradicted your position. How is that "comparing different laws from different cultures in different regions at different times"?

Is it so difficult to agree that your god would execute children?

Fennario

#552800 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists seem to get all their "info" from atheist websites and the like.
They like to remain willfully ignorant so they can keep their belief that gods can't exist.
*shrugs* dunno why...
What information is available only on a Christian apologetics web site?

Christian apologists aren't bound to the same ethics of scholarship that secularists are. They don't even define truth the way we do.

So why would I accept anything at all found only on a Christian website?

I don't get information about Christian websites for the same reason that I didn't learn medicine from homeopathic web sites. Philosophy, methods, results, and reputation all matter.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#552804 Jun 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
no I didn't
Many times Ians has made blatantly bigoted comments about Christians. Several of us have taken these comments and removed the word "Christian" and replaced it with "gay" to illustrate how obviously bigoted it would be if said about another group
The argument presented was it isn't an accurate comparison as we choose to be Christian and they don't choose to be gay.
Still not sure how that explains why choosing to believe in God gives him the right to negatively stereotype hundreds of millions of people he has never met as immoral and unethical and claim we shouldn't have the right to exercise our faith in public and should be subject to ridicule if we do.
But any argument defending bigotry is stupid by definition
Regardless, their point was it isn't bigoted because we chose to be Christian and they didn't choose to be gay. So if they did choose, then finally even by their own warped logic, Ians is a bigot
christianity is a philosophy and a moral system, which preaches xenophobia and paranoia, and which encourages hate. The more closely is followed this philosophy the more neurotic and hate-filled are its followers.

Those who adhere to this system are fruit of the poisoned tree, and display a predictable antisocial profile.(look to your own posts, they seldom contain debate, but are personal, emotional, hate driven, and fault finding.)

Sexual orientation is not a choice nor a philosophy, it is also not a moral system; the members are from a very diverse philosophy.

L

Location hidden

#552805 Jun 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi dog!
since you continue to fight for homosexual expression on the earth; may you personally receive the full reward of your efforts - kinda like Cher did with her lovely daughter 'chazz' and like howard stern did with his daughter!:)
christianity;

who wants some

Location hidden

#552807 Jun 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well technically it makes no difference if someone is born that way or chooses as the Bible doesn't state being homosexual is a sin but that engaging in homosexual sex is.
People are prone to all sorts of behavior. Some innate. Some learned. The Bible doesn't get into the "why".
But my point is, which I don't see how anyone could argue, is both are bigoted comments
"filthy gay liar"
"filthy Christian liar"
...snip
Gays have no higher propensity to lie than do other people.

Christians have a very high propensity to prevarication.

Location hidden

#552811 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for a very small percentage, I've seen no logical reason to assume that sexual orientation is not a choice.
Not that it matters either way.
I don't see the big deal. So what if it's a choice.
have you had sex with a male?

then why do you think you should comment at all?

Location hidden

#552813 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're comparing different laws from different cultures in different regions at different times.
Lets compare the laws of China in 320 AD to the laws of England today, shall we?
your god's morality changes with culture?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#552814 Jun 29, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of being a Christian is that we serve others. On Aug 28, 2010, many people went to Washington D.C. in what was called "Restoring Honor" I should clarify that while some in this group are most likely Christian others are not. But its quite clear some in government have no problem targeting and using resources to intimidate.
Here is what I read...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restoring_Honor_...

I am not sure how you think this targeted Christians. This rally started (according to how I understood it) as a publicity/political event and then changed to a charity event. I didn't see where it was promoted as a religious event.

"On November 21, 2009, at The Villages, Florida, Beck announced a rally to be held on August 28, 2010, in Washington, D.C., at the Lincoln Memorial. Beck originally intended the rally as political, and planned to promote his next book, The Plan, in which he would outline a century-long plan to "save the country". Over the 2009 Christmas holidays, however, Beck claimed the event would be "non-political", and focus on raising awareness and funds for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation charity, because soliciting tax-exempt funds to pay for the rally through the charity restricts political activity. The charity receives funds collected above the amount needed to pay for the rally. Beck named his planned rally "Restoring Honor," saying its theme was "about honoring character" as well as honoring the sacrifices of U.S. Armed Services personnel."

Biggest opponents seem to have been from some leaders of the black community...

"Various civil rights leaders of the black community criticized Beck leading up to the event, under the auspice that picking the anniversary of King's speech was a "deliberate way to distort King's message."

Through this entire article...unless I am just misreading...I got no indication that it was opposed because of it being "Christian". Nor did I get any indication that it was a "Christian" event.

Maybe I am just not understanding your view point and how Christians are being targeted.

Location hidden

#552815 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, ok. I understand. Honestly, I've never them then in action, either. Just online.
You're right, it doesn't compare.
Christians don't go around spreading pedophelia around the country.....
<quoted text>
I do, but only once or twice a year. And every time I regret it.
But is never try to force anyone else to not go because I think it's awful ...snip
ok

but only because you are such a good christian

Location hidden

#552816 Jun 29, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>However Jesus did call Himself God.
No one can silence Christianity. They Romans tried it and the opposite happened, Christianity spread like wildfire.
The only thing a person can do that rejects Christianity, is simply not believe and go live they life. But Christianity will always exist. Christianity is growing.
christianity is declining in all countries with a decent education system.

I think there is a growing storm for that belief system.

even islam is doing better than christianity.
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#552817 Jun 29, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
christianity is declining in all countries with a decent education system.
I think there is a growing storm for that belief system.
even islam is doing better than christianity.
How do you reach that conclusion? Christianity is expanding in parts of Africa and the Orient at a very quick pace. Like other beliefs, Christianity displays ebb and flow.

Are you basing your opinion on polls and surveys?

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#552818 Jun 29, 2013
~snicker~

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#552819 Jun 29, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what I read...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restoring_Honor_...
I am not sure how you think this targeted Christians. This rally started (according to how I understood it) as a publicity/political event and then changed to a charity event. I didn't see where it was promoted as a religious event.
"On November 21, 2009, at The Villages, Florida, Beck announced a rally to be held on August 28, 2010, in Washington, D.C., at the Lincoln Memorial. Beck originally intended the rally as political, and planned to promote his next book, The Plan, in which he would outline a century-long plan to "save the country". Over the 2009 Christmas holidays, however, Beck claimed the event would be "non-political", and focus on raising awareness and funds for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation charity, because soliciting tax-exempt funds to pay for the rally through the charity restricts political activity. The charity receives funds collected above the amount needed to pay for the rally. Beck named his planned rally "Restoring Honor," saying its theme was "about honoring character" as well as honoring the sacrifices of U.S. Armed Services personnel."
Biggest opponents seem to have been from some leaders of the black community...
"Various civil rights leaders of the black community criticized Beck leading up to the event, under the auspice that picking the anniversary of King's speech was a "deliberate way to distort King's message."
Through this entire article...unless I am just misreading...I got no indication that it was opposed because of it being "Christian". Nor did I get any indication that it was a "Christian" event.
Maybe I am just not understanding your view point and how Christians are being targeted.
Of course the people that stand against it are not going to do so saying its because of issues of faith but it is imo. True, most of the leaders in the black community stand quite strongly against this. At least one, Alveda King, has stood with the people that went to Washington that day and has paid quite a price for it. Like on my first date at a Messianic service where the son had been disowned by the rest of his family some things you just don't do if you want peace. Thankful this woman stands on the very words of Mlk so many years ago and nothing, no person, not even members of her own family keep her from standing for what is right. We will never agree on this because I see indications of it almost each day. Don't know if it happens in my lifetime but I bet the day comes when the government here, like other parts of the world will tell us what kind of religion is ok, what kind you will see no tolerance for.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#552820 Jun 29, 2013
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you reach that conclusion? Christianity is expanding in parts of Africa and the Orient at a very quick pace. Like other beliefs, Christianity displays ebb and flow.
Are you basing your opinion on polls and surveys?
Here is an excerpt from a study conducted by the Univ. of Toronto...

"A century ago, 80 per cent of the world's Christians lived in Europe and North America; today, nearly 70 per cent live in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, making Christianity a predominantly non-Western religion.

A critical mass of scholars who are looking into the implications of this shift has made the University of Toronto a leading centre for the study of global Christianity.

Christianity today has more than 2.2 billion adherents worldwide. The majority are overwhelmingly poor, displaced from rural villages into overcrowded cities in search of work, and adhere strictly to the word of Scripture, which can command their loyalty far more than state or society."

...the face of Christianity is changing...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Tide with Beach 773,340
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 558,784
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min AN NFL FAN 119,626
Gay snapchat names 11 min Hungry4cum 142
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Rick in Kansas 264,968
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 27 min Catcher1 175,509
Is Incest with mother is most pleasurable of all? (Feb '12) 45 min legsman73 49
More from around the web