Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#552753 Jun 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>So then if they concluded the universe had a designer, then more than likely they set forth to find out who this designer was. Maybe then they heard of a set of people called the Hebrews and their God? could be.
They didn't have to because they already knew who the designer(s) was.

Nottingham, UK

#552754 Jun 28, 2013
Clementia wrote:
No, we worship 'oneness', but ganesh symbolizes many things. His two wives are riddhi (knowledge/wealth) and siddhi (spiritual power), they're sisters. Ganesh is the lord of ten directions and much more. If u obtain ganesh then riddhi and siddhi become yours. Again, like i was saying before that religion has a hidden meaning. Indian mythology is a big metaphor, simile etc...I think u get what i mean. Sorry, i find it hard to explain things in English.
It's ok, I know from experience how other books that were inspired by the creator(s) of the universe can't be explained in straightforward terms.
Clementia wrote:
It's called the shiv ling/lingam (penis). Lol, we don't worship that!! honest!! lol. It's actually the male and female part that is worshiped. The lingam and the yoni(female part). They literally represent creation.
Sorry, my mistake. You don't worship the penis unless it's in conjunction with the vagina. I get it.
Clementia wrote:
Indian mythology has no end, that's all i can say. lol.
Fair enough, lots of myths are like that.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#552755 Jun 28, 2013
There is much mystery to how evolution occurs through genetic mutations as there is to knowing that a tossed coin doesn't land heads up every other toss.

If it weren't for the gill slits you had as an embryo you wouldn't have any ears.

Nottingham, UK

#552756 Jun 28, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
NOOOOOOO! LOL! That's class system again!
The brahmins were shit at fighting, some people r nice but they are weak! So khatris are the warriors and they protect the weak!
Jobs are given based on individual skills. That is the caste system. People who have more money can afford a better education or pay and get into oxford, that is the class system. That's what happens in England.
Yet caste discrimination in the UK does take place; which is why it's being covered by the same sort of equality legislation we have to combat discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation and religion.

http://idsn.org/fileadmin/user_folder/pdf/New...

Nottingham, UK

#552757 Jun 28, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Those people should never be forgotten. Almost as much as war veterans, no disrespect to our diggers.
At least the Spanish Inquisition is as notorious as it deserves to be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1UTFF3LiyNAXX
Yeah, it's a good job the Spanish Armada never achieved its objective.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#552758 Jun 28, 2013
@ Serah
... had to go back into USA time and as it fell into topix time - their yesterday - here it is!
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Great posting between you and HL..... Koala Hugs heading your way with thanks for you just being you :) xx
Stopping for a very late lunch break since 4 am. Will catch you next time round triple sister, but did leave you a post. Will get back for you when I find it! xxx
Posted this to Steve.
'For courage there must be something at stake. I come here with nothing to lose.'
Khaled Hosseini
Later with Love always in Peace (((*()*)))

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Camp Cove

#552759 Jun 29, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
du bist kleine Dumkopf,und versetht Scheisse nicht Deutsche Sprache,
auch du bist kleine Flitchen ohne Gehirn
Auf die Toilette gehen, alter Furz.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#552760 Jun 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Bizarre what they come up with isn't it ?
How have you been, River ?
It is.

I've been institutionalized 3 times G_O_D.

Would you like a chronological account?

When, where and why?

:-)

Location hidden

#552761 Jun 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Jealous, middle age men buy cars to run down the birds that try to cross the road...
http://vimeo.com/8336437
...like the bird can help having a bigger member than a man. Cockle-doodle DONG, dude!
Dude...

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Camp Cove

#552762 Jun 29, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's a good job the Spanish Armada never achieved its objective.
Exactly. The English Channel has saved you from a few horrible invasions, over the years.

Location hidden

#552763 Jun 29, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. The English Channel has saved you from a few horrible invasions, over the years.
And yet, they carved the Chunnel.

Go figure.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#552764 Jun 29, 2013
River Tam wrote:
And yet, they carved the Chunnel.
Go figure.
I've been in a tunnel surrounded by sharks.

I was going to post some videos but I got scared.

Location hidden

#552765 Jun 29, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been in a tunnel surrounded by sharks.
I was going to post some videos but I got scared.
Me too.

Baltimore. 2004

http://www.collegemagazine.com/college-blogs/...

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#552766 Jun 29, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I went to the Newport Aquarium in 2002, I think.

I went to one that had a huge tank, but I'm not quite sure which one it was.

It could have been that one, although I know I've only been to Georgia one time and only very briefly.

I know I went here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Now I want to go on vacation!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#552767 Jun 29, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Humanists have radically different ideas about human sacrifice. We consider it wrong, not unnecessary.
Skombolis wrote:
There is a difference between human sacrifice and someone who gives up their life as a martyr for others
You claim that one of your gods killed another one when it assumed human form - or killed itself, depending on the particular variation of the mythology you embrace.
Skombolis wrote:
this was not a human sacrifice being performed.
You just don't like the connotation. Too bad. Your religion is a death cult based on human sacrifice. Something had to suffer to appease your sadistic god, did it not?

How about the incessant reference to being washed in blood. That's repulsive to healthy people.

And your logo is a dead guy nailed to a stick.
Skombolis wrote:
We call it a sacrifice because we know He did it for us
You know nothing. Your god is a mythological creature like a Gorgon or a satyr.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#552768 Jun 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true sis. You may not be able to translate your experiences as people really have to go through that kind of stuff on their own to truly understand but you can be there for him like you have. And like you said, that is what really matters.
Ja...
… all that matters is, we're here for now.
[QUOTE who="Skombolis"]< quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yeah just triggered different wave of thought with me. For me I feel like the spiritual is the something I always have to lose even if I have nothing. It is the one possession though that can't be taken from me. I would have to voluntarily surrender it.

Interesting twist there Steve. Our thoughts truly are a mind boggle for many, and we wonder why sometimes we are misunderstood! lol Letting go the mind ? Well, no-one's getting mine if I can help it! But to let go the spiritual? I believe we are bound to that and could even be likened to a thread as fine as the silk of a spider’s web if it was tangible, yet strong enough to build a bride to cross over!
We saw a documentary of this, but cannot find it in google. The jungle folk actually gather the specific web non stop. It was amazing!
My point... the strength of something so fine – and in the wrong light could even walk through it - yet in truth as fine as the spiritual when 'seen'. That's not such a good analogy is it... mmmmm
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an old saying that says heroes are sometimes cowards who ran out of options
It is an interesting take. Do we wait until we have nothing to lose or have no other choice or do we act with things still on the line?
It is an interesting take on heroes and where there is time, it could very well be they hesitate.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again, one always has life
There is a certain freedom to having nothing yet it can be dangerous as well. Nothing to lose means nothing to fear. Even consequences.
The material stuff comes and goes and while nice it isn't so much the factor to me but the time. It takes time to build things back up and I don't have the time nor the interest in doing so again. So I guess sometimes courage can simply be self-serving
I believe it would not be everyone who could handle this type of 'freedom' and know that my island life did prepare me for extremely little to be content with. The time to 'build up' possessions depends on what is needed as against what is wanted. Yet in this world with the way life is in such places as cities, costs of just shelter would be quite another story against a bamboo hut! Let alone the land costs... for me all this is and always has been free there. But not 'in this world'! Outside of homeless with the intent to make report of what it was to 'leave all', there are many stories I can relate to ever since.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Some things like acting when a loved one is in danger is instinctual for some. But most of the time I think courage is taking a second to understand the risk and consequences of doing the right thing and then doing it anyway.
Believe me, if it's an emergency, there are no second thoughts, it just happens! If it's this kind of courage it doesn't question, it simply acts. But the steps where decisions can be made and still require courage, bravery, whatever the term would depend I believe on the driving factor of why?
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be curious to see what other people would consider some of the harder things to do that would take courage. It is probably very different for a lot of people
(T) Peace
Any offers from anyone ?
Courage can mean so many things to so many folk, and to some... even the courage to stand up.
a/ physically.
b/ and be counted.
c/ take the first step...
(T) Peace all ways with Love!

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#552769 Jun 29, 2013
“If you're too open-minded; your brains will fall out.”
Lawrence Ferlinghetti

G'night everyone. Take Care.
Hey River!
~~ hugs ~~
Have to close down now but good to see you are OK.

Fennario

#552770 Jun 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Tax-exempt is not the same as being publicly subsidized
Tide with Beach wrote:
That's technically true.
I can't agree. If you take more money out of my pocket so that the church can pay less, it's the same as everyone overpaying their fair share of taxes, and then a pile of the tax dollars being given to the church. Those who don't receive that money are overpaying so that others can pay less. That's public subsidization of the church whichever method you choose to do it.

Why should the public subsidize the churches, whatever form is used to do it? What value are churches to the general public?
Chess jurist

Columbus, OH

#552771 Jun 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pull yer dress back down will ya mama P., yer driv'n my antivirus program nuts!
Now *that's* funny.

Fennario

#552772 Jun 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Tide and Catcher have explained that is why Ians isn't a bigot
Skombolis wrote:
Many times Ians has made blatantly bigoted comments about Christians.
Skombolis wrote:
are you really implying anybody who views themselves as a secular humanist follows the constitution IANS made up for you guys?
Nobody pushes your buttons like I do.

How's work?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 3 min MUQ2 185
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Double Fine 825,426
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Charlie Sheen 270,570
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 11 min janeebee 3,000
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 47 min Robert F 582,676
Australian gay guys 1 hr Lht253 1
pound your pud and release your seed for Emma W... 1 hr Charlie Sheen 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 442,456
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,818
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 hr AN NFL FAN 121,614
More from around the web