Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
The Polemics of Mark
(From a CJ post on another thread last night)
The earliest extant Christian writing, aside from the genuine letters of Paul, is the gospel of Mark.
Mark is a marvelous, largely fictional work. It was written anonymously and later attributed, almost certainly incorrectly, to John Mark, son of Mary of Jerusalem. It was written in the 70's after the fall of Jerusalem and destruction of the 2nd temple. And it comes to us in a crude Greek that probably was written by a Gentile or Hellenized Jew who was a masterful storyteller but not the best linguist and probably not a resident of Palestine, as John Mark was.
Perhaps seizing on the moment of weakness for the early Jerusalem church that came after the fall of Jerusalem, with most members of the Jerusalem church likely killed or dispersed with the rest of Jerusalem's residents in the siege, Mark is written as a polemic against Jesus' closest followers, including members of Jesus' family.
Backtrack to Paul's genuine texts: In most of the 1st century, there was a struggle in the Jesus movement between Gentiles and Jews. Paul, a Jew but also a proponent of a more Hellenized version of the movement, warns against believing the "Judaizers". These "Judaizers" were believers -- probably mostly or exclusively Jews -- who argued for believing in Jesus but still following Jewish law. According to them, Gentiles were to be circumcised and to obey Jewish dietary restrictions among other things before becoming full members of the movement.
What? No bacon and eggs for breakfast? Say it ain't so!
According to one of Paul's genuine letters, he met Peter in Antioch -- a real event, not fiction.
Peter ate with everyone there until the rest of the Jerusalem delegation arrived. Then Peter would no longer eat with the unclean Gentiles. Paul called Peter on this. Paul does not tell us he won the argument, suggesting he did not, but what Paul does tell us indirectly was that Peter was an observant Jew when circumstances permitted. In short, Simon Peter, a key member of the Jerusalem church, was an observant Jew after Jesus' death, and the Jerusalem church, the hub of power in the early movement before the fall of Jerusalem, was also likely the hub of power for Paul's "Judaizers".
Fast forward to Acts: Despite the portrayal in the Mark's gospel of Jesus' family living in Galilee and the portrayal in John's appendix, chapter 21, of the disciples returning to Galilee, everyone lives in Jerusalem. And despite Mark portraying Jesus' family as nonbelievers, Jesus' brother James appears to lead the Jerusalem church.
Mark's author was anti-family -- biological family that is. And he sought to portray the Twelve as a bunch of dolts. In short, he sought to portray the key members of the then-dead-or-dispersed Jerusalem church as misguided.
Masterful. Not only was Mark's author a great storyteller, he was a great strategist as well.
In Mark, the twelve just don't get it or don't measure up. They don't understand Jesus' parables, argue among themselves about whom is the most worthy, fall asleep during guard watch, and even deny Jesus in his hour of need.
In Mark, Jesus' family does not follow him and disrespects him.
In Mark, the movement comes before family.
In Mark, Jesus' closest followers, probably among Paul's "Judaizers", are sidelined.
-- Chess
Almost certainly....
Probably...
Likely...
Maybe...
Cudda...
Wudda...
Shudda...

Lol, that's probably an interesting tale, maybe.

Pawn takes queens knight.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus word has always been good enough for me, and I do not need to debate God or the Bible. He in truth preferred Son of man... and I will always know him personally as the groom - and in person, as the Son of God.
What no-one will or can silence is the truth of Jesus, but many who represent Christianity are not exactly model christians. Christianity has left a blood bath in the wake of Jesus, and many things concerning him, he will contend himself. It was man who turned all he said into a 'religion' and used it to gain much wealth in the name of Christianity.
I have no problem in sharing my faith in him, just not joining all that is the pride of man and their churches on earth. If it was his intention for grand palaces to be built in his name, or Moses's or Elijah's he would have allowed his disciples to do that when they wanted to. His kingdom is not of this world, and we are in in this world to profit from him.
He did not die for nothing, and this we know. Also, even I - the least - could not see him alive if he was not living! It seems to be the hardest thing for many to understand that overcoming death also is possible with God's power. If this was not the case, Jesus would never have come to earth to show these things are true.
Well of course I agree. I always say on here a Christian and a Jesus Follower is not all the time the same thing.

There are many Christians that are not Jesus Followers. And there are Millions of Jesus Followers that are not Christians. I know plenty from both sides.

The people that don't believe in God's power to overcome death is the same people that think everything can be explained by the laws of nature that mankind gain through intelligence. Why people think they can apply that limited intelligence to a being with infinite intelligence is simply inexplicable.

I see what you saying about the churches. Christianity indeed through corruption and greed have built many palaces called churches that I'm sure YHWH is not impressed by.

But I have to be honest and tell you I love the creativity and artistry of Churches. I have stayed in asia extensively and there are some beautiful and majestic places of worship. And not just Christianity. Hindu Temples, Islamic Mosques, Buddhist Temples, and of course Churches..I'm fascinated with the beauty and splendor of some of those buildings.

I'm really looking forward to going to Europe, they have the most majestic Churches on the face of the earth oy!

But I get you point about the lavish spending on places of worship in Christianity in error thinking God is impressed.

Thank God it is not a sin though, to appreciate these places of worship, for their architectural splendor and beauty, yes?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey my Flutterbye friend! How many posts from me have you missed in this river! lol I give up trying to catch you. You are free to keep flying if you choose but nice that you care to stop for a moment and join me for just a split second of your buzy time... Just move your proboscis for a moment to shade your eyes from my glare. That's better, now I can see those big brown eyes. Ja... it you.
Now...
Thanks for caring. Many are blessed to have a mother this long in life. For me... I cannot only imagine in an adult life what it truly must be like to have parents and family around, but she has been a great soul, and it's good to know we can only do our best having especially come to stay near her.
Mandela ?
mmmmmmmm
Who hasn't been thru ALOT of changes, fighting 'for' peace in that country! He and I were in the top security jail at the same time! It's easy to be in an outside country looking in, but you have to give credit to more folk than Mandela to know the real truth of that story. It's the unsung heroes God uses in these kind of struggles, but only the kings get the credit by world!
Insults are the rage of misunderstanding or none! The peace that passes understanding doesn't need more than the truth to speak.
Take care my sister and trust you are very happy in your new home.
Always in Love and Shalom, and God bless til we meet again.
(((*()*)))
Hello Peace Warrior. I hope you are having a great day. Many things you type are vague, dancing around direct claims with the grace of a ballerina. This post though has a direct statement. "He and I were in the top security jail at the same time!" I am curious. What were you in the top security jail for? I have read people saying things like "all the things you have done" etc. but I have yet to read anything about what these things you have done are. I have read at one point you were saying you were basically 90% bed ridden. And after that great travels. I have read of you seeing and speaking with Jesus. And recently speaking for Jesus saying he doesn't like being called God. It is indeed most interesting reading what you post. And you do so most graciously. If you don't feel like sharing why you were in jail, I am fine with that. Just say you don't feel like talking about it right now. I can respect that :) It is said here in the states that the only dumb question is the one that is not asked :) Be blessed, for you are :)

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
never such a thing as a henry!
You're wrong.

Henry occurred.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do u think i want it?
You want it?

I'll give it to you!

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, Satan lover.
I pray for you. Take care.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong.
Henry occurred.
You seem so sure of yourself.

Prove it.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You want it?
I'll give it to you!
Skom's right, you are a dork.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
NOOOOOOO! LOL! That's class system again!
The brahmins were shit at fighting, some people r nice but they are weak! So khatris are the warriors and they protect the weak!
Jobs are given based on individual skills. That is the caste system. People who have more money can afford a better education or pay and get into oxford, that is the class system. That's what happens in England.
Hello Clementia :) Your posts remind me of when we studied India in school. The books we used must have been very accurate. I would be interested in reading your thoughts on Honuman (sp). And where he fits into what you have been sharing.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But getting back to the real world, what's your take on the U.S. Supreme Court decisions filed yesterday?
Why would you ask me? A few days ago you said I and let me quote (the love in your heart that was on display here) "dumber than a box of rocks" lol. It matters little to me. In fact and I know this won't happen I would love to see churches relinquish tax except status. No doubt in my mind that the day will come, perhaps sooner than we think where the government by force of power will not only ensure the very rights spelled out for everyone in this nation doesn't apply to Christians but target them. Wait, that's already going on isn't it?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

mike wrote:
H<quoted text>Hello P-Warrior
You've seen an angel, how did you know it was a angel, did it speak?
Where do angel's reside?
It is written, no one has seen a GOD, have angel's seen a GOD?
Hey Mike! Ja... I have!
How did I know they were angels?
Wasn't hard to know that one... in every way they were human to look at but on one visitation they just walked thru the wall when they arrived, and their feet didn't quite touch the floor. I was so excited when I knew one of them, so that's a start!
Of course we talked... my young husband at the time he died 3 months later - included. And no... we did not drink, smoke, nor take drugs. Some would like to believe that, but I have my sanity certificate for these things! lol
Where do angels reside ?
anywhere...
Ja, it is written Mike, we can dissect things till there appears to be nothing left, but who can say what face God has if no-one has told more. And yet! One thing is for sure, it was real enough to try and record!
Jacob Wrestles with God
Genesis 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Exodus 33:11
And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaks unto his friend.

We can go on and on Mike but so much has been misinterpreted... or should I say... misunderstood. Each language has only their mega translations of so many things and has to join the dots of what is not - but when the truth is known as 'real' the words truly do come to life!
Take Care
Bongo

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful with my hat!
Tide is putting a scarf around the hat, so it can do double duty.
youre a dork

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe u have an evil twin? Somebody, play the sinister music...NOW!
Yeah! An evil twin!

Double Fine is an absolute jental man
Bongo

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Bongo
A person or animal that has deep rooted psychological or mental illness. The person usually has unconventional ways of doing every-day activities such as licking clean a window. A Bongo is often associated with the noise made by chubacca in the 'star wars' film franchise.
Urban Dictionary
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
River, when are we gonna get together?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was nice DF....Its been awhile since we have talked...Its your winter now, isn't it?...Stay warm....I'm sure with all your lady friends you will be.
Happy Friday to you too(you still playing in a band?)
It is getting cold. But you would call me a "weather weenie". LOL it is about 20 degrees C here and I am freezing.

No band :( Double Fine has moved and drums had to be sold
Bongo

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You want it?
I'll give it to you!
You flagrant DORK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why he's DOUBLE Fine.
Lolz...Sharp as ever I see.
Spelling Police

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! An evil twin!
Double Fine is an absolute jental man
You've been caught butchering the hell out of the word 'gentle'.
I find you guilty and sentence you to multiple spelling sessions with Catcher1.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"The only thing Double Fine bas against this ruling, is why did they have to wait until 2013 to make it"
ata boy! and since you approve of homosexual activity so much, may your life be surrounded by it!:)
That is the sweetest thing anybody has ever wished me! I plan to surround myself with it.

Hopefully, Happy Lesbo and River Tam would join me now...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
OH, MY......GOD!
I think we should call the experts!
Double Fine is the expert ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 529,121 - 529,140 of598,732
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

506 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min andet1987 3,870
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min WasteWater 255,668
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min IPSEC 716,359
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min rider 171,440
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min guest 529,912
I'm a girl wanting other girls. 26 min andet1987 16
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 27 min susanblange 36,384
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Hidingfromyou 223,140
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Liz 61
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••