|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine is offended. A player? Double Fine is no such thing.
You all are, errr, remembering some other dude
Maybe u have an evil twin? Somebody, play the sinister music...NOW!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're comparing different laws from different cultures in different regions at different times....
The point is, according to The Bible, God says to kill babies and children.

If you wish to discuss the evolution of cultures from 4000 BC Sumeria to 21st Century USA then say so.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
Can Double Fine just throw his hat in the ring.
Double Fine understands that the Supreme Court ended some same-sex marriage ban. Good on them. The only thing Double Fine bas against this ruling, is why did they have to wait until 2013 to make it. It should have been a done and dusted issue long ago.
Tax exempt status of churches? Double Fine would go along with that, but as soon as the church sees fit to comment about matters of state, propagandise a candidate, or make any comments detremental to mainstream science, it should lose that exempt status. Showing a Kent Hovind video or someting to that effect, would fall under the latter.
To the genuinely good Christians on here such as Epi and Whispers, Double Fine is happy that you find solace and peace and hope for it to continue.
Then having Clementia as dictator? Anytime. Double Fine would offer his services as late night companion.
Lastly, Double Fine wants to know if the hot tub is still open? Double Fine would sit between HL and River Tam.
Happy Friday, all.
Double Fine salutes you all
That was nice DF....Its been awhile since we have talked...Its your winter now, isn't it?...Stay warm....I'm sure with all your lady friends you will be.

Happy Friday to you too(you still playing in a band?)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

G_O_D wrote:

The point is, according to The Bible, God says to kill babies and children.
Yes, but why? This is a question you refuse to ask or hear.
If you wish to discuss the evolution of cultures from 4000 BC Sumeria to 21st Century USA then say so.
That's absurd. That's like saying if you wanna define the word "many", we need to read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough.
So you guys don't believe in elephants astride a giant turtle?
That's cool! We don't take it seriously, well, I guess some people do.

And by the way, it's not an elephant. His name is Ganesh, get your facts right!:-p Shiva cut off his son's head, but then he realized he'd made a mistake, so he took an elephant head and stuck it on his son's body! Awesome! LMAO!:-D

Where did u hear that story from?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:

Homosexuality is the orientation.
But 'orientation', in that context, is defined as "the direction of someone's interest or attitude, esp political or sexual".

How does that mean its inherent and impossible to make a different orientation? Straights choose to be gay all the time. Gays choose to turn straight all the time. Republicans choose to change to democrats all the time.

I don't see orientation as something fixed. Thoughts?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way, it's not an elephant. His name is Ganesh, get your facts right!:-p Shiva cut off his son's head, but then he realized he'd made a mistake, so he took an elephant head and stuck it on his son's body! Awesome! LMAO!:-D
Atheists seem to get all their "info" from atheist websites and the like.

They like to remain willfully ignorant so they can keep their belief that gods can't exist.

*shrugs* dunno why...

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but why? This is a question you refuse to ask or hear.
I wasn't addressing "why". I am fully aware that human history is full of people claiming "God" justified all kinds of horrendous actions.

I was addressing your refusal to acknowledge what the Bible says.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Seriously?? Back to the Homosexual discussions?? iyai!! What is there possibly that has not been covered??

This billboard is like a gigantic dysfunctional recycling machine, oy!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
When I knew I liked bewbies instead of hunky chests, I knew I was straight.
<quoted text>
Does anyone?
<quoted text>
Yes, actually. I was in a bar, playing darts with some dude, who I later found out was gay. He asked me for my number and I said no. Later that night I met a broad, got her number & we met up later.
<quoted text>
Would would I correct someone for being correct?!
<quoted text>
It's crossed my mind, as I'm sure it has everyone. Anyone telling you it hasn't is probably lying.
<quoted text>
No. That wouldn't make it an informed decision now would it?
<quoted text>
I've learned to trust my gut instinct, it's never steered me wrong.
You did not choose your sexual orientation?

Do you think other people do? Why? How are they different?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't addressing "why". I am fully aware that human history is full of people claiming "God" justified all kinds of horrendous actions.
I was addressing your refusal to acknowledge what the Bible says.
I acknowledge that it's in the Bible. I acknowledge 100%, I always have.

I also acknowledge as to WHY it's in the Bible, WHO it's written about and for WHAT purpose.

You don't. You just see: "the Bible says 'kill' so it must be an evil book"....

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The ancient Sumerians, Greeks, Egyptians, Chinese, Indians, etc all had their religions and they too believed that the universe did not come about through chance but through design.
What were they doing differently for you not to accept their creation stories?
Depends on whether they knew of the Gospels of Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:

You did not choose your sexual orientation?
Do you think other people do? Why? How are they different?
You obviously didn't read my post.

Read it again.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I acknowledge that it's in the Bible. I acknowledge 100%, I always have.
I also acknowledge as to WHY it's in the Bible, WHO it's written about and for WHAT purpose.
You don't. You just see: "the Bible says 'kill' so it must be an evil book"....
When did I ever claim the Bible is an 'evil book'?

I have said that in human terms Bible God is Evil.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
Blessed are ye when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil for the Son of man's sake. Rejoice ye that day and leap for joy; for, behold your reward is great in heaven. Luke 6:22&23
Could you share some of these moments of overcoming lil sister ? This verse has always meant a lot to me.
Good early Sat. morning - 5 am - and hope your week-end is a peace filled one. Trust all is well. LuV U2 and God Bless.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you found your peace in Jesus. In the kingdom of my Father, religion is not what it has been made here.
... many have been down very many roads before finding him, and for my personal journey, what others believe really doesn't worry me. If it did my whole time would be spent combating it instead of going forward. I have no trouble visiting many other religions, and have friends in many,+ visited a few. When it comes to the bread they have fed me with when homeless, or their water even in a dirty cup when thirsty, it was their hearts I judged them by, not religions.
As for science - with due respect to the good where it has helped and many are quick to forget - like everything tri, what is right will surface and stay, and what is not will fade away. The truth of anything will always be sought, but the truth of everything will never be known. That we believe in a Creator cannot change. It is fixed in the sound of the Word. And the reason why science will never find that is because it is just that. The sound within all sound, and a constant of all creation. I cannot write a book on it here, sufficient to say it is known, and guarded... because it is like all Force. creative, and destructive in the wrong hands.
When I saw and spoke on many occasions with Jesus, the one thing which did surprise me, was... immediately just as he spoke, I witnessed an incredible vision come from within him. This I have explained the best as I am able, but there is no mistake he is his Father's Son. In your words ?
“That kind of revelation happens on a individual basis.” Many things can be denied, not all things can be proven. There is nothing left any can do or say by action or name-calling either to silence me that hasn't already been tried.
With God, as we know, the term is plural,and there is more to the god-head. But one thing I do know when with him. He did not - and I emphasize 'Not'- want nor like being called 'God'! He did not even like being refereed to as an angel. He was his Father's Son... and no other term. All that matters is that he is, and like everything in life for better or for worse, the groom lives in his Father's Time.
However Jesus did call Himself God.

No one can silence Christianity. They Romans tried it and the opposite happened, Christianity spread like wildfire.

The only thing a person can do that rejects Christianity, is simply not believe and go live they life. But Christianity will always exist. Christianity is growing.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's illustrated and explained here, about 2/3rds down in the page as part of the Hindu world creation myth.

"This drawing illustrates a Hindu creation myth. The tortoise supports elephants that hold up the world, and everything is encircled by the world serpent."
http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/Go-Hi/Hinduis...

The article then goes on to explain Ganesh as an event separate from the world creation myth.

"The Birth of Ganes ha. Shiva's wife, Parvati, produced Ganesha—and did so without any help from Shiva, according to many accounts. Some say that Shiva, being immortal, had no desire for a son, but Parvati wanted a child and produced the boy from her own body. In other versions, Shiva gave Parvati a doll that at her touch magically came to life as a baby.

According to one story, Shiva struck off the boy's head, either because Ganesha prevented him from approaching Parvati or because Shiva believed that his son was doomed to die. Parvati's grief, however, moved him to try to replace the head, and he finally succeeded in attaching an elephant's head to the boy's body." http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/Go-Hi/Hinduis...

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe u have an evil twin? Somebody, play the sinister music...NOW!
That's why he's DOUBLE Fine.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Kinsey Study, more than 10% of men are homosexual.
LOL - yeah dog, receive without question the report of a perv like kinsey, but reject sound instruction from those who walked with God....ata boy:)

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
Seriously?? Back to the Homosexual discussions?? iyai!! What is there possibly that has not been covered??
This billboard is like a gigantic dysfunctional recycling machine, oy!
Is there a difference between iyai and oy?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 529,061 - 529,080 of598,701
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

564 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min ChristineM 715,805
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 529,602
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min Gray 114,518
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 13 min Mandela 36,375
Food Addictions Coach: Is this the new wave of ... 13 min The Addictions Coach 1
Interracial Dating Site Reviews 21 min Christy8623 6
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min Charlie Sheen 255,503
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 55 min blueberry 57
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 17 hr Carly 107
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••