“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#552566 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But 'orientation', in that context, is defined as "the direction of someone's interest or attitude, esp political or sexual".
How does that mean its inherent and impossible to make a different orientation? Straights choose to be gay all the time. Gays choose to turn straight all the time. Republicans choose to change to democrats all the time.
I don't see orientation as something fixed. Thoughts?
I'm not saying that sexual orientation is fixed. I'm saying that the current state of any persons sexual orientation is not the result of a single conscious choice.

Causality for orientation is likely unique for each person. Causality and the resulting orientation is also subject to change over time.

We're getting very close to the free will argument and one about human sexuality as a cultural construct. Both are relevant here. That's more technical than I wanted to get into at the moment.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#552568 Jun 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
let me break it down for you:

do you choose to scissors with a girlfriend, or does another pair of legs just fall from the sky and force you into the position?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552569 Jun 28, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's my sandwich?
I gave it to HL.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552571 Jun 28, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:

I'm not saying that sexual orientation is fixed. I'm saying that the current state of any persons sexual orientation is not the result of a single conscious choice.
Causality for orientation is likely unique for each person. Causality and the resulting orientation is also subject to change over time.
We're getting very close to the free will argument and one about human sexuality as a cultural construct. Both are relevant here. That's more technical than I wanted to get into at the moment.
Hey, you know what? We agree!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#552572 Jun 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It's illustrated and explained here, about 2/3rds down in the page as part of the Hindu world creation myth.
"This drawing illustrates a Hindu creation myth. The tortoise supports elephants that hold up the world, and everything is encircled by the world serpent."
http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/Go-Hi/Hinduis...
The article then goes on to explain Ganesh as an event separate from the world creation myth.
"The Birth of Ganes ha. Shiva's wife, Parvati, produced Ganesha—and did so without any help from Shiva, according to many accounts. Some say that Shiva, being immortal, had no desire for a son, but Parvati wanted a child and produced the boy from her own body. In other versions, Shiva gave Parvati a doll that at her touch magically came to life as a baby.
According to one story, Shiva struck off the boy's head, either because Ganesha prevented him from approaching Parvati or because Shiva believed that his son was doomed to die. Parvati's grief, however, moved him to try to replace the head, and he finally succeeded in attaching an elephant's head to the boy's body." http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/Go-Hi/Hinduis...
That's not the one we believe. We believe in a magical cow that holds up the earth. LOL, I love mythology, it's the coolest thing ever!

Yh, ganesh stopped shiva from going to see parvati, coz parvati said, "i'm having a shower, naked, don't let anybody come in". But ganesh was innocent and was following his mother's instructions, so he stopped his dad from going in and that made shiva VERY angry.

Shiva is so easy to please and he's so easy to annoy, u gotta be careful with him. He's the one that kept giving demons powers coz they said, "we love u shiva". Some people, i tell ya!

Location hidden

#552574 Jun 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why he's DOUBLE Fine.
OH, MY......GOD!

I think we should call the experts!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552575 Jun 28, 2013
mama Pipek wrote:
<quoted text>
my post is for spiritualy adult believers
you are babe eating mama milk,and not able yet to eat solid spiritual food(like spiritual biblical stakes,ribs, hamburgers,sasuages)
please? READ SLOWLY FEW TIMES,OPEN YOUR MIND WITH PRAYERS AND GOD ALLOW YOU TO UNDERSTAND MY BIBLICAL POST
have blessed time to do so?
mostly hillibillies,peasants and low eduated poor people are not able to understand simplicity of posts written in simple english language?
sorry?
YOU PROOF THIS?
Don't get all mad, Dink. I wasn't putting you down, it's just a language barrier.

Your English needs some work.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#552576 Jun 28, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is the orientation.
Sexual acts between persons of the same gender are usually referred to as Same Sex Sexual Behavior or Same Sex Sexual Activity or Same Sex Sexual Relations or something similar.
Do you think it's a moral issue? I don't.
i think it's a moral issue based on what Something/Someone morally higher than you or i think about it.

why should you care what i think and why should you care what you think about such high things? who made us judge and jury on moral issues???

VERY VERY dangerous ground when man makes the moral choices that defines a society!

you remember a guy named hitler and his butt-boy himler, don't you???

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#552577 Jun 28, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
PW....My Friend
Sorry to hear about Ish-i's Mother....I know how he is feeling ...
Nelson Mandela will be 95 in July....He has seen ALOT of changes (Fighting and Peace) in his life.....Hasn't he?
On another note...Its always nice when people can post to each other and NOT put an insult at the end of it on here.....
Love and Blessings...
Shalom....Flutterbye
Hey my Flutterbye friend! How many posts from me have you missed in this river! lol I give up trying to catch you. You are free to keep flying if you choose but nice that you care to stop for a moment and join me for just a split second of your buzy time... Just move your proboscis for a moment to shade your eyes from my glare. That's better, now I can see those big brown eyes. Ja... it you.
Now...
Thanks for caring. Many are blessed to have a mother this long in life. For me... I cannot only imagine in an adult life what it truly must be like to have parents and family around, but she has been a great soul, and it's good to know we can only do our best having especially come to stay near her.
Mandela ?
mmmmmmmm
Who hasn't been thru ALOT of changes, fighting 'for' peace in that country! He and I were in the top security jail at the same time! It's easy to be in an outside country looking in, but you have to give credit to more folk than Mandela to know the real truth of that story. It's the unsung heroes God uses in these kind of struggles, but only the kings get the credit by world!

Insults are the rage of misunderstanding or none! The peace that passes understanding doesn't need more than the truth to speak.
Take care my sister and trust you are very happy in your new home.
Always in Love and Shalom, and God bless til we meet again.
(((*()*)))

Location hidden

#552578 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave it to HL.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

@Tide...I need to borrow the hat u making for Catcher. Keep this undercover!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#552579 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I concede the 'evil book' thing.
But I believe that you think the 'bible god' is evil because of your biblical ignorance.
Nope.

I just do not believe "God" is magic sky daddy.

One might just as well call hurricanes and volcanoes evil.

The creative force of the universe (AKA God) is not evil, the deity portrayed in the Bible certainly is.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#552580 Jun 28, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
i think it's a moral issue based on what Something/Someone morally higher than you or i think about it.
That's what every slave owner wants their slaves to think. You're not describing a system of morality, but rather the moral pronouncements of an imaginary dictator.

Might-makes-right is not morality. It's "Follow my rules or I'll hurt you."
waaasssuuup wrote:
why should you care what i think and why should you care what you think about such high things? who made us judge and jury on moral issues???
Nobody made us.

We are the only known judges of morality in the universe.
waaasssuuup wrote:
VERY VERY dangerous ground when man makes the moral choices that defines a society!
you remember a guy named hitler and his butt-boy himler, don't you???
You are truly a buffoon.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#552581 Jun 28, 2013
Clementia wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I've never made a deal overcover.

You can trust me, I'm a hatter.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#552582 Jun 28, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
OH, MY......GOD!
I think we should call the experts!
Never any god at all!

Where has Henry gone?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#552583 Jun 28, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Careful with my hat!

Tide is putting a scarf around the hat, so it can do double duty.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#552584 Jun 28, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the one we believe. We believe in a magical cow that holds up the earth. LOL, I love mythology, it's the coolest thing ever!
Yh, ganesh stopped shiva from going to see parvati, coz parvati said, "i'm having a shower, naked, don't let anybody come in". But ganesh was innocent and was following his mother's instructions, so he stopped his dad from going in and that made shiva VERY angry.
Shiva is so easy to please and he's so easy to annoy, u gotta be careful with him. He's the one that kept giving demons powers coz they said, "we love u shiva". Some people, i tell ya!
Mythology; Gotta love it.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#552585 Jun 28, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cool! We don't take it seriously, well, I guess some people do.
And by the way, it's not an elephant. His name is Ganesh, get your facts right!:-p Shiva cut off his son's head, but then he realized he'd made a mistake, so he took an elephant head and stuck it on his son's body! Awesome! LMAO!:-D
Where did u hear that story from?
Ah, I've heard about Ganesh. Do Sikhs worship Ganesh as well?

I've also heard about Shiva and how people worship his dick. I guess Dirk Diggler has nothing on Shiva's enormous lingam.

I'm sure I read something that said in Hindu culture, the world is supported by elephants that are in turn, standing on the shell of a giant turtle.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#552586 Jun 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>However Jesus did call Himself God.
No one can silence Christianity. They Romans tried it and the opposite happened, Christianity spread like wildfire.
The only thing a person can do that rejects Christianity, is simply not believe and go live they life. But Christianity will always exist. Christianity is growing.
Jesus word has always been good enough for me, and I do not need to debate God or the Bible. He in truth preferred Son of man... and I will always know him personally – as the groom - and in person, as the Son of God.

What no-one will or can silence is the truth of Jesus, but many who represent Christianity are not exactly model christians. Christianity has left a blood bath in the wake of Jesus, and many things concerning him, he will contend himself. It was man who turned all he said into a 'religion' and used it to gain much wealth in the name of Christianity.

I have no problem in sharing my faith in him, just not joining all that is the pride of man and their churches on earth. If it was his intention for grand palaces to be built in his name, or Moses's or Elijah's he would have allowed his disciples to do that when they wanted to. His kingdom is not of this world, and we are in in this world to profit from him.

He did not die for nothing, and this we know. Also, even I - the least - could not see him alive if he was not living! It seems to be the hardest thing for many to understand that overcoming death also is possible with God's power. If this was not the case, Jesus would never have come to earth to show these things are true.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#552587 Jun 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on whether they knew of the Gospels of Jesus Christ.
Unlikely, seeing that Jesus (if he was real) hadn't been born yet.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552588 Jun 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I just do not believe "God" is magic sky daddy.
One might just as well call hurricanes and volcanoes evil.
The creative force of the universe (AKA God) is not evil, the deity portrayed in the Bible certainly is.
Oh, ok. I see where you're coming from.

But God in the Bible isn't portrayed as evil, primarily.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Osmius 808,608
sex (May '13) 3 min xxx 82
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 5 min Mantu 38
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min confrinting with ... 573,548
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Rick in Kansas 268,768
Now Obama's Christianity has been placed in doubt 55 min Responsibility 34
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 1 hr dubaimassage 200
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr DNF 97,844
More from around the web