Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#552519 Jun 28, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally think that the statistics are a bit skewed.
What do we call a father that rapes his own children? What do we accuse them of?
Normally we would refer to these fathers as one who commits incest. Sometimes we refer to them as child rapists.
Why don't we use the term "pedophiles" to describe them?
I also think that we confuse our definitions.
Homosexuals - sex with same gender
Heterosexuals - sex with the opposite gender
Pedophile - sex with children
According to the Kinsey Study, more than 10% of men are homosexual.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#552520 Jun 28, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Prejudice against homosexuality is unjustified, so causality doesn't matter.
Even so, there are several reasons to reject the stupid idea that sexual orientation is a choice. I've tried helping RR understand, but so far, I have been unsuccessful.
umm....hey dumb dumb - what we do with our reproductive organs, rectums and stuff is ABSOLUTELY our individual choice; there's no debating it.

if you want to talk about attractions, that's a whole other topic, but none-the-less it's akin to the topic of our personal responsibilities with our body. i.e., if a person acts upon their attraction to their neighbor's wife, we call that ADULTERY. similarly, if a person acts upon their attraction to a person of the same sex, we call that HOMOSEXUALITY.

WHERE THE F IS THE DIFFERENCE IN PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY?

if you're attracted to candy bars, chips, donuts...etc, without any self-restraint/discipline and you become a fat pig; WHO THE F's fault is that gonna be???

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552521 Jun 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children." Ezekiel 9:5
"I will release wild animals that will kill your children" Leviticus 26:21
"Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes....their wives raped .... They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children." Isaiah 13:15
Seems the Bible disagrees with you. You should read it sometime.
You're comparing different laws from different cultures in different regions at different times.

Lets compare the laws of China in 320 AD to the laws of England today, shall we?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552522 Jun 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
I've never seen anything from NAMBLA. That's not to say the organization doesn't exist.
I've lived in 10 states in the U.S, and visited others, so what I'm saying is that doesn't compare to the doctrines that religions attempt to spread.
Oh, ok. I understand. Honestly, I've never them then in action, either. Just online.

You're right, it doesn't compare.

Christians don't go around spreading pedophelia around the country.....
I don't eat at McDonalds.
That stuff is bad.
I do, but only once or twice a year. And every time I regret it.

But is never try to force anyone else to not go because I think it's awful food NOR would I attempt to make them change their menu.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552523 Jun 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The age of maturity varies from state to state and situation to situation. In some States the age of consent for sex is 13 years old.
You recognize that, but you won't recognize it in the Bible.

Go figure.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#552524 Jun 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the crux of the matter, isn't i ?
Hi River! Where you been ?
Hi G_O_D. I've been off confusing fundies. Even though Alice and I say exactly the same things (because we're exactly the same person), they absolutely abhor Alice but for some reason, have a soft spot for River. Fundies, you gotta love em.

:-)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552525 Jun 28, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:

It's only a big deal if you care what is actually true.
At what time in your life was the choice of being either straight or gay equally accessible to you, and what made you choose to be straight?
When I knew I liked bewbies instead of hunky chests, I knew I was straight.
Did you do a costs/benefits analysis?

Does anyone?
Were you in a position where both a boy and a girl asked you out on the same day, and you had to make a quick decision?
Yes, actually. I was in a bar, playing darts with some dude, who I later found out was gay. He asked me for my number and I said no. Later that night I met a broad, got her number & we met up later.
Did someone assume you were straight, and you were too shy to correct them?
Would would I correct someone for being correct?!
Did you try being gay for just a few months to make a truly informed decision?
It's crossed my mind, as I'm sure it has everyone. Anyone telling you it hasn't is probably lying.
Did you flip a coin?
No. That wouldn't make it an informed decision now would it?
I need to know if just accepting my feelings was the right thing to do.
I've learned to trust my gut instinct, it's never steered me wrong.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552527 Jun 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Kinsey Study, more than 10% of men are homosexual.
Then how come only 2% of them are?

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#552528 Jun 28, 2013
Can Double Fine just throw his hat in the ring.

Double Fine understands that the Supreme Court ended some same-sex marriage ban. Good on them. The only thing Double Fine bas against this ruling, is why did they have to wait until 2013 to make it. It should have been a done and dusted issue long ago.

Tax exempt status of churches? Double Fine would go along with that, but as soon as the church sees fit to comment about matters of state, propagandise a candidate, or make any comments detremental to mainstream science, it should lose that exempt status. Showing a Kent Hovind video or someting to that effect, would fall under the latter.

To the genuinely good Christians on here such as Epi and Whispers, Double Fine is happy that you find solace and peace and hope for it to continue.

Then having Clementia as dictator? Anytime. Double Fine would offer his services as late night companion.

Lastly, Double Fine wants to know if the hot tub is still open? Double Fine would sit between HL and River Tam.

Happy Friday, all.

Double Fine salutes you all

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552529 Jun 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi G_O_D. I've been off confusing fundies. Even though Alice and I say exactly the same things (because we're exactly the same person), they absolutely abhor Alice but for some reason, have a soft spot for River. Fundies, you gotta love em.
:-)
I love you both.

....at the same time.

:o

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#552530 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My checkbook provided me with a fine forced air unit (FAU), but the electricity costs too damn much. I usually don't even turn the air on until after 6pm.
What do you breathe before 6 pm?

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#552531 Jun 28, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm....hey dumb dumb - what we do with our reproductive organs, rectums and stuff is ABSOLUTELY our individual choice; there's no debating it.
if you want to talk about attractions, that's a whole other topic, but none-the-less it's akin to the topic of our personal responsibilities with our body. i.e., if a person acts upon their attraction to their neighbor's wife, we call that ADULTERY. similarly, if a person acts upon their attraction to a person of the same sex, we call that HOMOSEXUALITY.
if you're attracted to candy bars, chips, donuts...etc, without any self-restraint/discipline and you become a fat pig; WHO THE F's fault is that gonna be???
What?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552532 Jun 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:

I don't. Stop assuming that I do.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552533 Jun 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
***oops, forgot the***

:p

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#552534 Jun 28, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you a pastor’s son ?
That is the 'take' on 'man made religions' which branch off from all truth into their own egotistical units, and call their own shots as power while not practising true Christianity at all. Man took the True God Love out and put the doctrines in, which in the end only clashed, and have been ever since.
<quoted text>
I am an optimistic scientist - but with a difference - and time will tell just where that difference is.
<quoted text>
All generations have been entering their new ages, and all roll on into the next. It will be the staying power of anything that will prove the most beneficial. So we'll see that one! But none will survive through warring over belief systems. If Christianity is really helping those who are down-trodden, isn't that better than nothing to lift them out of where they are 'mentally' before they can be physically... surely that harms no-one. We tend to make our own choice when it come to beliefs of this nature, and all children also grow up to do the same.
<quoted text>
lol ja no fine! It's been my job for so long... and I don't think fighting apartheid in South Africa cared about Christian with the name. Tho the 'Dutch Reformed' professed it, few all over the world have practised it in the war zones of color or race.
<quoted text>
No Mark... I feel for anyone, but emotions have to be put aside when it comes to real peace. So I'm not taking it too hard – lol – I'm just a sheep dog! It would be a compliment if I had a herd, but heaven knows who they are, not me. What is refreshing in here is simply peace in discussion and not a cut-throat attitude. What is read in here between literal bullets of crap like I've never seen - even the streets of the homeless in Africa had more self respect - but a pw doesn’t usually go where everything is hunky dory, ja?
… and I will always care for the underdog, Tho it makes no difference if I dine with presidents or the pope, in here, is another story.
PW....My Friend

Sorry to hear about Ish-i's Mother....I know how he is feeling ...

Nelson Mandela will be 95 in July....He has seen ALOT of changes (Fighting and Peace) in his life.....Hasn't he?

On another note...Its always nice when people can post to each other and NOT put an insult at the end of it on here.....

Love and Blessings...

Shalom....Flutterbye

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#552535 Jun 28, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
Homosexuality is the orientation.

Sexual acts between persons of the same gender are usually referred to as Same Sex Sexual Behavior or Same Sex Sexual Activity or Same Sex Sexual Relations or something similar.

Do you think it's a moral issue? I don't.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#552536 Jun 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine is offended. A player? Double Fine is no such thing.
You all are, errr, remembering some other dude
Maybe u have an evil twin? Somebody, play the sinister music...NOW!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#552537 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're comparing different laws from different cultures in different regions at different times....
The point is, according to The Bible, God says to kill babies and children.

If you wish to discuss the evolution of cultures from 4000 BC Sumeria to 21st Century USA then say so.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#552538 Jun 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Can Double Fine just throw his hat in the ring.
Double Fine understands that the Supreme Court ended some same-sex marriage ban. Good on them. The only thing Double Fine bas against this ruling, is why did they have to wait until 2013 to make it. It should have been a done and dusted issue long ago.
Tax exempt status of churches? Double Fine would go along with that, but as soon as the church sees fit to comment about matters of state, propagandise a candidate, or make any comments detremental to mainstream science, it should lose that exempt status. Showing a Kent Hovind video or someting to that effect, would fall under the latter.
To the genuinely good Christians on here such as Epi and Whispers, Double Fine is happy that you find solace and peace and hope for it to continue.
Then having Clementia as dictator? Anytime. Double Fine would offer his services as late night companion.
Lastly, Double Fine wants to know if the hot tub is still open? Double Fine would sit between HL and River Tam.
Happy Friday, all.
Double Fine salutes you all
That was nice DF....Its been awhile since we have talked...Its your winter now, isn't it?...Stay warm....I'm sure with all your lady friends you will be.

Happy Friday to you too(you still playing in a band?)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552539 Jun 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:

The point is, according to The Bible, God says to kill babies and children.
Yes, but why? This is a question you refuse to ask or hear.
If you wish to discuss the evolution of cultures from 4000 BC Sumeria to 21st Century USA then say so.
That's absurd. That's like saying if you wanna define the word "many", we need to read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 32 min Quirky 27,020
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 985,753
Why are so many black people so FAT? (Jul '09) 5 hr juliakk 230
Black women hate White men? (Feb '11) 5 hr juliakk 67
make money online. free. easy to start. no cred... (Sep '15) 6 hr juliakk 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Anthony MN 685,932
Leftists libs DONT KNOW their own history 7 hr Wake Up 2
More from around the web