<quoted text>You are welcome!
Nice seeing you here.
:)
mike

AOL

#552067 Jun 27, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those kinds of stories gives you chills....I believe there were some Guardian Angels around....I'm glad she came through it.
Blessings to you too my Aussie friend
Hello Epi

Can you define "angel" using the bible...rather than using imagination?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552068 Jun 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't. I think RR may have been BSing again.
I really should research his babble before commenting on it.
My apologies to you.
However. I agree with you that "miracles" surround us all the time.
Well there it is.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#552069 Jun 27, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice seeing you here.
:)
He le_le, you too!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#552070 Jun 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Which was all done in "Gods" name.
"Manifest Destiny" was the idea that White Anglo-Saxon Protestants were chosen by God to take over the Continent and wipe out the native population who were considered undeserving demons and/or animals granted no human rights or value.
Oh, I understand my friend, I am a WASPY Native,lol,

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#552071 Jun 27, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy!! How are you??
*kisses favourite topix lesbian*
Sorry for the long delay. Double Fine had to go fight off an alien invasion. None of it was on the news, but it really happened!
don't worry, that it the kind of thing, you can read about in the bible

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#552072 Jun 27, 2013
appy Lesbo wrote:seriously, if Grace conquered drug addiction by turning to God, why is that a problem ??..
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The "you swapped one addiction for another" argument, while often accurate is a pathetic attempt at belittlement.
We are all addicted to food, water, air and sleep. Some people more so than others.
.. addicts like Grace practice their beliefs in a group setting or in private. I cannot understand the "you swapped one addiction for another" argument. Why do you think it's true ??..

.. as long as religion does no harm, IMO everyone is entitled to their personal belief system. I believe my daughter is the most beautiful little girl in the whole wide world. Am I correct? Perhaps not but my belief hurts nobody ..

.. if Epi wants to post a 'Thought of the Day,' a prayer and a quote, who does it hurt? The evil in Arahamic religions lies in the, "I'm right, you're wrong," concept grounded in personal interpretation of the bible. This is ego, not spirituality ..

.. you can't develop wisdom with a closed mind. I know a master when I hear or read one - there's an awareness, a serenity, a compassion and an acceptance that is impossible to fake. I want what these people have ..

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#552073 Jun 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The main advantage that 501c3 NPOs (religion, education, charity) have is that not only do they not pay Federal Income taxes, they don't pay ANY taxes Federal, State or Local.
Most of us pay 30-50% of our gross income on these taxes.
The NPO status is used by far more than Churches.
The USA's largest model airplane organization (AMA) doesn't pay taxes on $10M per year and doesn't pay property taxes on its multi- acre mufti-million dollar property of it's headquarters.
Humanism has enjoyed one victory after another at the church's expense since the invention of the modern secular state in 1776. Later, we banned slavery despite biblical support for it, then the ban on interracial marriage, then the ban on abortion, and most recently, the ban on same sex marriage. The church also tried to interfere with divorce rights and the right to access to contraceptives, but they were defeated there as well.

This issue may be next - church's role in politics and tax exemprtions. It's a hot topic in my local freethinkers group, and it's one that David Silverman (president of American Atheists) and the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) frequently address. This battle will also be waged in the courts:

"FFRF sues IRS over preferential treatment of churches "
http://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/item/16419...

"FFRF Sues the IRS to Enforce 501(c)(3) Electioneering Restrictions"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2012/11/ff...

"American Atheists is Suing the IRS, Claiming That It Gives Preferential Treatment to Religious Groups"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
AnnieJ

Seattle, WA

#552074 Jun 27, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
I, for one, don't want to see churches forced to marry gay couples, or any couples for that matter. If they want to exclude black couples, interracial couples, or whatever, I want them to be able to do that.
The main reason is, I want people to see how prejudiced and backwards the religion is when it's not being legally obligated to do better.
The secondary reason is fairness. The government should not force churches to provide a public service, unless of course the churches are publicly subsidized. Ooops.
There is another reason...

Marriage does not in this country depend on a religious ceremony.

If churches are forced to perform any marriage then we have in a sense said...marriages are sanctioned by the Christian God.

If a gay couple wants a religious ceremony sanctioned by the Christian God then there are many churches that are willing to do so.

Why would someone want to be married in a church that condemns not only their marriage but their whole existence?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#552075 Jun 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I mean you idiots can't figure out that a legal execution cannot be defined as murder.
You expect everyone to adhere to your narrow 9and sometimes invented) definitions.

Good luck with that.

"Disown" any Jews lately ?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#552077 Jun 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Have decided that the only interesting and meaningful topic here is sex.
Does put a spin on what kind of 'love' Jesus was referring to.
I certainly hope He and Magdalene made love. He wouldn't be 'fully human' if he didn't in my opinion.
only if she was doing sloppy seconds after the disciple whom he loved best.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#552078 Jun 27, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
You've stated my point exactly, people make claims all day long, but that doesn't make it a fact. Any addict who desire's to be in a better position, needs to put forth an effort. For the most part, anyone who comes out of a hard place, are generally thankful.
Whom you thank afterwards is on the individual, without an individual's effort, they don't stand a chance.
I don't question who you are, or where you're at, unless of course, you're a lip-service christian.
It seems to me what your saying is the person knowingly pulls themselves out of a bad place and then gives thanks to a higher power, God, religion or bible.

I agree partially with what your saying, but, The addict (as an example) More likely has tried many times to walk away. When they ask for help from a power greater then themselves (whether or not that power is real is besides the point) is when the success rate goes up.

My statement that God, religion, the bible has saved many lives is true whether or not there is a God or not. The truth lies in the fact that people get beat down so far they dont feel they can do it alone. That fictitious or non fictitious God religion or bible has helped them recover from something they did not believe they could recover from. It saved their lives..........

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#552079 Jun 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
G was.
<quoted text>
I'd say that their choice.
I wouldn't agree with their choice.
But I would agree to them having a choice.
Would you allow churches that deny marriage to black people to keep their tax-exempt status?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#552080 Jun 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are sure???
Retrograde ejaculation
From Wikipedia
In the human male reproductive system, retrograde ejaculation occurs when semen, which would normally be ejaculated via the urethra, is redirected to the urinary bladder. Normally, the sphincter of the bladder contracts before ejaculation forcing the semen to exit via the urethra, the path of least pressure. When the bladder sphincter does not function properly, retrograde ejaculation may occur.
Retrograde...when it comes to sex...doesn't sound good!
Unless...
Retrograde motion, in astronomy, describes the orbit of a celestial body that runs counter to the direction of the spin of that body which it orbits.
That sounds a little kinky!
:o)
Your right, its probably not good..........Whatever in the heck it meant.

All I can report is that theres nothing new with my sex life to this point. But dont worry I'll keep you guys posted..........
AnnieJ

Seattle, WA

#552081 Jun 27, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflected with class. I give you full marks, Annie.
Good morning Rosa!

Location hidden

#552082 Jun 27, 2013
Oh, looks like someone is upset, disagreeing with the whole board,lol

“Love much, trust none”

There

#552083 Jun 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What law says that a church must perform a wedding they choose not to.
Just the law, no opinion required.
Go.
The law is coming.
They have recently lost a few civil cases where churches refused to marry black members.

Can my Church perform human sacrifices ?
Even if the individual (offering) wants to ?
Isn't it our religious freedom to do so ?
It is even written my religions holy book!
If not then you must be persecuting me.

All hail the Great Quetzalcoatl !
AnnieJ

Seattle, WA

#552084 Jun 27, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
:o)
Your right, its probably not good..........Whatever in the heck it meant.
All I can report is that theres nothing new with my sex life to this point. But dont worry I'll keep you guys posted..........
Please do tell us if you start spinning counter to the direction in which you orbit...that is a bit TMI!

LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

#552085 Jun 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
... I cannot understand the "you swapped one addiction for another" argument. Why do you think it's true ??.....
Personal observation and experience.

It is not a bad thing. Even tobacco addicts often employ 'substitution methodologies" to quit smoking.

While some use the "one addiction for another" as an insult, I do not.

Imagine if one could substitute heroin addiction with caffeine addiction. Would that be so bad ?
But, because the most common "treatment" for alcoholism and drug addiction is "spiritual" group therapy it has become a target here.

Would they rather be married to an abusive drunkard or a harmless "Jesus freak" ?

I'll take the latter.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#552086 Jun 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Humanism has enjoyed one victory after another at the church's expense since the invention of the modern secular state in 1776. Later, we banned slavery despite biblical support for it, then the ban on interracial marriage, then the ban on abortion, and most recently, the ban on same sex marriage. The church also tried to interfere with divorce rights and the right to access to contraceptives, but they were defeated there as well.
This issue may be next - church's role in politics and tax exemprtions. It's a hot topic in my local freethinkers group, and it's one that David Silverman (president of American Atheists) and the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) frequently address. This battle will also be waged in the courts:
"FFRF sues IRS over preferential treatment of churches "
http://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/item/16419...
"FFRF Sues the IRS to Enforce 501(c)(3) Electioneering Restrictions"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2012/11/ff...
"American Atheists is Suing the IRS, Claiming That It Gives Preferential Treatment to Religious Groups"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
.. many believers on this thread will object to this post but if they use logic, they'll understand why churches must be treated like any other non-profit entity ..

.. you see, churches which are for-profit (and many are), will be subject to audit, made accountable, weeded out. What's left will be churches that actually do good works; are charitable and benefit the community by volunteering their time, resources and energy during tragic times ..

.. churches that sink millions of tax-free dollars into political causes like opposing gay marriage, reversing Roe -vs- Wade or trying to teach Intelligent Design as a scientific theory in schools, must be exposed for the political groups that they are ..

.. as the years tick by, you've witnessed the difference between posters like Lawess, Trifecta and Clearwater as opposed to Epi, Sereh or Lil Whiskers. There are moral and immoral Christians on this thread and they're being ferreted out ..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arkansas'......'O.J.' 4 min Doctor REALITY 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 732,812
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 94,649
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Porkpie Hat 257,870
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min June VanDerMark 538,818
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Thinking 226,288
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 24 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,416
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••