Comments
528,441 - 528,460 of 600,366 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#551913 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What people seem to forget, mainly because it's barely mentioned in the Bible, is that when He died, He spent three days in hell, suffering the worst punishments for everyone else's sins, so that we could join Him in heaven later on.
Also, you people that don't believe, good for you. Now take your pessimistic asses somewhere else and stop pissing on people's religions. Get a job. Get a hobby. Move out of your Mother's basement. Level up in World of Warcraft, or whatever you people do. We don't press our religions on you all, so don't crap on what we believe in and live by.
<RiversideRedneck> "waaaahh..keep your opinions to yourselves and let people in religion have their way, you abominations, heathens and godless people!... INTELLIGENT DESIGN!, INTELLIGENT DESIGN!, INTELLIGENT DESIGN!"

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#551914 Jun 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If churches weren't "untouchable" in the USA I could see that as an outcome.
Perhaps a grassroots effort to disclose how much "religion" is costing the public in lost tax revenue would change a lot of people's minds.
Agreed.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#551915 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What people seem to forget, mainly because it's barely mentioned in the Bible, is that when He died, He spent three days in hell, suffering the worst punishments for everyone else's sins, so that we could join Him in heaven later on.
It was barely mentioned so we can fill in the blanks ourselves?
So more sadomasochistic torture?
Was he also sexually abused this time?
It will make a great snuff movie: The Passion II
Also, you people that don't believe, good for you. Now take your pessimistic asses somewhere else and stop pissing on people's religions. Get a job. Get a hobby. Move out of your Mother's basement. Level up in World of Warcraft, or whatever you people do. We don't press our religions on you all, so don't crap on what we believe in and live by.
You mean your are an optimist like Jesus:
M a t t h e w 1 0
21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to
death, and the father the child: and the children
shall rise up against [their] parents, and cause
them to be put to death.
22 And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name’s
sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be
saved.
L u k e 1 4
26 If any [man] come to me, and hate not his father,
and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren,
and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot
be my disciple.
The fantasy god is so pessimistic about life on earth he only offers escape in the afterlife. It is for people who lost all hope.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#551916 Jun 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you still take Paul's word over Jesus.
That is Christianity in a nut shell.
The whole premise of Christianity has been to get around things that Jesus clearly stated.
I believe that if the NT contained only the four Gospels there would be few Christians.
I don't know if you said that Jesus said to drink the poison or not. But Jesus did not say to drink the poison.
And while I am at it, could we start with one of the things Paul taught that contradicts what Jesus taught. I would like to address them. I keep hearing about them but have yet to see any. Out of respect, I think someone who disagrees with you, should at least address what ever it is they disagree with. I don't believe what Paul taught contradicts what Jesus taught.
The issue with the word El, I will have to get back to you on. I could spew something out, but neither you nor I would accept that type of answer.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#551917 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there an CURRENT law that requires churches to marry people?
Keep in mind, this question is about CURRENT law, no maybes or what if's.
Current law is in transition right now. This most recent ruling by the Supreme Court has just initiated the falling domino like chain of events that will be brought forward in court cases/appeals.

It'll be interesting to see where it ends up.

(I have a feeling goddites are gonna be disappointed once the smoke settles)
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#551918 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey it's your delusion, Mark.
Seek help.
No RR
I simply want you to show me the signs that accompany the true believer.
5 He said to them,“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
Drink the deadly poison and do not be scared, the fantasy god says it will not hurt you.

All you need is belief RR.
And you will be saved by faith alone
now put your money where your mouth is!

“All your bullets ricochet”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#551919 Jun 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...I guess that you are talking about me too. In the last two cities that I have lived in the main mode of transportation has been public transportation. With the amount of traffic and the cost of parking it actually makes more sense to ride the bus.
In DC you can ride the bus or even walk faster than you can drive a car...at a much cheaper rate.
The monthly rate for parking in some cities can far exceed $300 dollars a month...you can take the bus or train to work for far less.
<quoted text>
Are you referring to sexual positions???
Even in the heterosexual world many couples prefer entry from behind.
Did you know?
The term "missionary position" came about (though some think this is a myth) in response to Christian missionaries, who taught that the position was the only correct way to engage in sexual intercourse.
Tuscans call this position "The Angelic Position" while some Arabic-speaking groups call it "the manner of serpents" (whatever that means).
The missionary position has several names, including "the matrimonial", "the Mama-Papa position", "the English-American position", and "the male superior position".
Interesting subject if you think about it...what makes people prefer certain positions over others. What compromises couples make when they both prefer different positions and how they deal with that.
Deflected with class. I give you full marks, Annie.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#551920 Jun 26, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
What a beautiful religion you have. Well played. Scary Chicken says, "Arise, Chicken! Chicken arise!"
trifecta1 wrote:
you would rather me write that someone can die in rejection of jesus christ and all will be well with their soul?? That would make you feel better eh? so although christians truly believe when a person dies rejecting jesus christ they going to hell...you would rather the christian write what they believe would be a lie than what they believe the truth is... that it writer??
Where did you get that from my comment?

The South Pole

#551921 Jun 26, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I was watching a documentary on Henry Ford. It was kind of funny, they were crediting him with a number of things that the invention of the automobile had brought forth, one of which was it changed the traditional positions in which we had sex..........
I had never thought of that..........LOL..........
Children in the back seat of cars cause accidents.

Accidents in the back seat of cars cause children.

The South Pole

#551922 Jun 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My Sword of Damocles is swaying in the wind at the moment.
Am trying to enjoy the next couple months. The treatment will be worse than the disease it seems.
Kill or Cure, the dice will be cast in August and the numbers revealed in October.
Good luck, mate.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#551923 Jun 26, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if you said that Jesus said to drink the poison or not. But Jesus did not say to drink the poison.
And while I am at it, could we start with one of the things Paul taught that contradicts what Jesus taught. I would like to address them. I keep hearing about them but have yet to see any. Out of respect, I think someone who disagrees with you, should at least address what ever it is they disagree with. I don't believe what Paul taught contradicts what Jesus taught.
The issue with the word El, I will have to get back to you on. I could spew something out, but neither you nor I would accept that type of answer.
My post was relating to RR's use of Corinthians to counter an opinion relating to Mark.

For myself, I discount Mark 16:9-20 as a fraudulent addition so I have no dog in that fight.

The arguement was that Jesus says "if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them." among other signs and wonders.

In Corinthians, Paul asserts that the time of signs and wonders are over.

What Paul used was the age old answer to "Why aren't there any miracles now ?", Even the Jews use this cop out.
One of the reasons Jesus was not accepted even as a prophet was that Judaism declared centuries before that the "Age of Prophets" was over.

Same Stuff, Different Day.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#551924 Jun 26, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
That is fair.

<hug>

Shalom!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#551925 Jun 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Current law is in transition right now. This most recent ruling by the Supreme Court has just initiated the falling domino like chain of events that will be brought forward in court cases/appeals.
Much like the many repercussions from the Roe vs Wade decision.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#551926 Jun 26, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck, mate.
Thanks. <hugs>

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#551927 Jun 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:

So, you still take Paul's word over Jesus.
On what do you base that claim?

Location hidden

#551928 Jun 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
So then your answer is no, there is no current law forcing any church to marry anyone.

Why would that change?

Location hidden

#551929 Jun 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<RiversideRedneck> "waaaahh..keep your opinions to yourselves and let people in religion have their way, you abominations, heathens and godless people!... INTELLIGENT DESIGN!, INTELLIGENT DESIGN!, INTELLIGENT DESIGN!"
Woah there, cowboy. Calm down.

Mojito?

The South Pole

#551931 Jun 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember correctly, "dork" was a slang term for 'penis' used in the same way as "shmuck" but not as insulting as "putz".
Here you go:
http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2009/05/05/do...

The South Pole

#551932 Jun 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, churches won't be obligated to marry gays/lesbians. The effect of today's DOMA decision is just that same-sex married couples (as of now, married homosexuals in 12 states) can no longer be denied federal benefits. The DOMA decision does not hold that homosexuals have a federal constitutional right to marriage.
I'm glad it's gone, anyway. You have to admit there's something ironic about Bill Clinton defending marriage...in the first place.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#551933 Jun 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>Well...I guess that you are talking about me too. In the last two cities that I have lived in the main mode of transportation has been public transportation. With the amount of traffic and the cost of parking it actually makes more sense to ride the bus.

In DC you can ride the bus or even walk faster than you can drive a car...at a much cheaper rate.

The monthly rate for parking in some cities can far exceed $300 dollars a month...you can take the bus or train to work for far less.

[QUOTE]
I sure hope the buses it has to ride on have good shocks. Because I'm sure laceys backside takes a bad beating and a heavey load before it ever loads the bus in the morning.
I wonder if lacey has a pillow to sit on while riding the bus in the morning after having sat on something else all night."

Are you referring to sexual positions???

Even in the heterosexual world many couples prefer entry from behind.

Did you know?

The term "missionary position" came about (though some think this is a myth) in response to Christian missionaries, who taught that the position was the only correct way to engage in sexual intercourse.

Tuscans call this position "The Angelic Position" while some Arabic-speaking groups call it "the manner of serpents" (whatever that means).

The missionary position has several names, including "the matrimonial", "the Mama-Papa position", "the English-American position", and "the male superior position".

Interesting subject if you think about it...what makes people prefer certain positions over others. What compromises couples make when they both prefer different positions and how they deal with that.
RA is quite the bigot, he'll throw insults about and not care about the collateral.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min hojo 539,676
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Eagle 12 226,602
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 3 min Mat Bove 776
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Dr_Zorderz 258,260
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min nanoanomaly 734,188
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 8 min superwilly 69,797
lesbian sexting 9 min kazi_k 9
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Jim Justice 118,144
•••
Enter and win $5000