Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#552046 Jun 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Sweet Sister ~ just jumped forward heaps of pages and presto, here is your Prayer!!
I wanted to fill a few posters in with a conversation I had today, as a result of one of our employee's being involved in a serious car crash. The driver of the other car drove straight through a Give Way sign, and into the passenger side of our employee and caused massive bruising and the need of staples in the left side of her head, which resulted in her head hitting the drivers door window.
She will be in a lot of pain until the intense bruising heals, and probably using a walker for about 3-4 months. One of the witnesses told her husband that the wheels of the other car were still spinning, meaning the driver still had her foot on the accelerator. She had broken bones, and is in hospital, but will be OK.
The day before this accident, one corner away from this one, an elderly couple were killed by driving into the course of a Semi (truck) and one would think there would be more concentration while driving. We don't know why she drove straight through a give way sign... and perhaps, never will.
As our employee (impersonal a bit, but she is a lovely lady who has had her fair share of troubles lately) drove through the intersection where the fatal had occurred, she said a little Prayer, and said GOD Bless you and may you rest in peace.
They are calling her the miracle lady at the hospital, because apparently her car was so badly damaged that it was not only a write off, but her husband vomited at the sight of what was left of her little car. I said her Guardian Angels were looking after her, and she said it was the spirits of the people who she Prayed for.
We had a great conversation ~ it was especially special because she brought up the little Prayer she said, in acknowledgement of the deceased, and she realised that :)
Those kinds of stories gives you chills....I believe there were some Guardian Angels around....I'm glad she came through it.

Blessings to you too my Aussie friend

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#552047 Jun 27, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ricky....
They did????
Well I only went back a couple pages here, but compared to the way it used to be here..... lol

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#552048 Jun 27, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea....I remember
Thanks Ricky
You are welcome!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#552049 Jun 27, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
They get a free ride and don't even have to follow the rules.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/printedition/n...
It's shameful.
Agreed

“"None shall pass"”

There

#552050 Jun 27, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>One could almost say the same for early American settlers, and their theft of the land from the Natives and the slave labour that has made corporate American capitalism the global Empire it has become. Thats shameful ?
Which was all done in "Gods" name.

"Manifest Destiny" was the idea that White Anglo-Saxon Protestants were chosen by God to take over the Continent and wipe out the native population who were considered undeserving demons and/or animals granted no human rights or value.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#552051 Jun 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You will now find out what is more important to the "church"-money or fabricated doctrine...my bet is on the money. Their "tax free organization" status is more important than their "god"...just watch...
.. where it's legal, pastors associated with liberal religious sects already marry gays/lesbians but I just can't see Catholic, Baptist or Mormon ministers being compelled to perform same-sex marriages ..

.. it's far more important to investigate the tax-free status of politically motivated religious organizations like Focus On The Family. That's where the real damage occurs, not the Little Church On The Prairie ..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#552052 Jun 27, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I have another interpretation that is more logical:
The fantasy god gave her an accident, but because she made a little prayer he only gave her little wounds. Her suffering will bringer her closer to the fantasy god. It is a sadomasochistic bond.
The people that died prayed much harder and now they are with the fantasy god which is what all sadomasochist strive for. The lovely lady could have had the same if she had prayed harder.
Next time Pray: "I want to be with you Jesus", then close your eyes and take the crossing. If it don't work, don't give up hope, but do it again and the fantasy god will listen to you.
Why is this more logical? Because if we take your explanation we have to assume that all people passing the crossing safely are praying to Jesus, and only those get deadly accidents that fail to do so. But most people are not praying at all, so the accident the lady got is more likely to be connected to her praying.
Further more Jesus is not a life loving god but a life hating God. He hates this world and feels hated by the world. He want to take his followers out of this world to his heaven and his followers want to be with him. Jesus himself voluntarily sought death, and that is the path a follower should logically follow walking in his footsteps.
But off course this all fantasizing, but with a little more logic than in your fantasy.
It is interesting to see how the mind fabricates evidence out of nothing based on selective interpretation of events. And how this them becomes meaningful to people that have been brainwashed to believe in these things.
Bring on more Serah, and we will analyse the Christian mind together.
Excellent post.

Thanks!

With Established Harem

#552053 Jun 27, 2013
Grace Walker wrote: I sure was..I Use to be a wild child before I turned to God. That's not new to anybody on here. Why you ask?? Do you need some help? I am always ready to listen.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you traded one dependency for another
but, of course; now
you are so morally superior...
.. seriously, if Grace conquered drug addiction by turning to God, why is that a problem ??..
mike

AOL

#552055 Jun 27, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome, give it some consideration..........
Your just another in a long line to believe that Mike. Believe what you like it makes no difference to me. I consider myself a realist..........
Many people have made the claim they were down and out and could not go on and then found 'God'. I would imagine that meant religion or the bible for many of those. Most alchoholics and drug addicts attribute there sobriety to turning their life over to a higher power then themselves. The examples of a God or religion or the bible saving a life are endless.
Ask around what my value is. You'll get different answers. I'm sure my value is low in your opinion and thats just fine with me. Others may think differently and others may agree with you. At the end of the day I sleep fine and am ok with where I'm at..........
Thanks

You've stated my point exactly, people make claims all day long, but that doesn't make it a fact. Any addict who desire's to be in a better position, needs to put forth an effort. For the most part, anyone who comes out of a hard place, are generally thankful.
Whom you thank afterwards is on the individual, without an individual's effort, they don't stand a chance.

I don't question who you are, or where you're at, unless of course, you're a lip-service christian.

With Established Harem

#552056 Jun 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of Caesar, the satellite churches of the (foreign) Vatican should be taxed before they have a chance to redistribute the funds to the corruption on the Italian hill. IMO
.. why should the marketing of any philosophy be subsidized? This includes everything from atheism to Scientology to Mormonism. Why is the sale of DVDs, books and audios tax-exempt? How can profit-making organizations compete? None of it makes sense to me. Satellite broadcasting? The Romans would have loved it ..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#552057 Jun 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Grace Walker wrote: I sure was..I Use to be a wild child before I turned to God. That's not new to anybody on here. Why you ask?? Do you need some help? I am always ready to listen.
<quoted text>
.. seriously, if Grace conquered drug addiction by turning to God, why is that a problem ??..
The "you swapped one addiction for another" argument, while often accurate is a pathetic attempt at belittlement.

We are all addicted to food, water, air and sleep. Some people more so than others.
mike

AOL

#552058 Jun 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have to give some examples of more harm than good for me to know where you are coming from
And if an unlearned Christian is like Poison ivy, why do you seek them out and jump right in? That seems pretty senseless doesn't it?
As for the rest, Mike listen, nobody is saying Topix is not part entertainment. That is what most of us are in part for. What I am saying is when the only way someone can find any pleasure is in fighting and at no point to they share anything joyful or human then there is a problem. It says something about the mindset of a person that comes somewhere just to seek out strangers to fight with. It mostly shows they are insecure and unhappy IMO
The fact that this group of "friends" doesn't engage in anything remotely resembling how friends normally communicate with each other shows me it is really a safety in numbers thing. Circles the wagons, group protection if you will. I have seen one person share funny stories or talk about herself and that is Alice. The rest, they have nothing better to ever do with their life that try to fight over a faith that some left 30 plus years ago.
You strike me as younger. Maybe you can't see how pathetic that is for people in their 60's. I think you will someday.
JMO
Thanks

You passed up my question: where is a place of refuge where your GOD promised?

Examples:jim jones, david koresh, harold camping, and many more, pastor/pimps.

You seem to be reluctant in admitting this is a total, not partly, entertainment site. We are all here because it's "Free".

Anyone actually "full" of joy wouldn't come to an entertainment site to express joy, at least not me. We all would like to be in a better position in this life, professing christians on this thread for the moment maybe content, but not happy, that's why some continually beg and beg a GOD for this and that.

Are Professing christians "insecure"?...Believ ers and non-believers are pretty-much here for the same reason,.."Entertainment ".

A GOD is not real,.. that's why people seek out people!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#552059 Jun 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, unlawful has a second meaning in which you continue to ignore for it proves you wrong.
Unlawful also means immoral.
Therefore murder would be "immoral killing."
Ergo, your bible promotes murder.
Immoral is a relative and subjective term.

Do you think the many people executed by guillotine in front of a public audience was also murder?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#552060 Jun 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't really respond to this comment with much because it's all a bunch of insults, no real content.
Hi Lacez.

I do not think Skombolis deserves a reply from you, or anyone else.
He makes insults and lies about other posters, slandering and twisting words is what he does best.
Like I said, this is his Heaven,.sad really.

I am amazed at the amount of posters here who will call other "Christians" out on bad behavior yet,
Give this guy a free pass on being one of the biggest troublemakers on this thread.
So many hypocrites here.

I am just glad you do not let Skombolis bother you in anyway.
He is nothing more than a fool...a buffoon..

Wishing you a good day.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552061 Jun 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:

We're not talking about forcing any church to perform marriages.
G was.
But let's say a church does perform marriages.
It performs marriages only for white parishioners though.
No blacks need apply for a marriage.
Then what would you say?
I'd say that their choice.

I wouldn't agree with their choice.

But I would agree to them having a choice.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#552062 Jun 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. why should the marketing of any philosophy be subsidized? This includes everything from atheism to Scientology to Mormonism. Why is the sale of DVDs, books and audios tax-exempt? How can profit-making organizations compete? None of it makes sense to me. Satellite broadcasting? The Romans would have loved it ..
The main advantage that 501c3 NPOs (religion, education, charity) have is that not only do they not pay Federal Income taxes, they don't pay ANY taxes Federal, State or Local.
Most of us pay 30-50% of our gross income on these taxes.

The NPO status is used by far more than Churches.
The USA's largest model airplane organization (AMA) doesn't pay taxes on $10M per year and doesn't pay property taxes on its multi- acre mufti-million dollar property of it's headquarters.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552063 Jun 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you don't understand definitions.
No, I mean you idiots can't figure out that a legal execution cannot be defined as murder.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552064 Jun 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your taking Corinthians over Mark.
Duh!
And why is one the word of Jesus and one the word of Paul?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#552065 Jun 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there is.
A church can no deny a marriage based on race or ethnicity.
They tried the religious grounds (Mark of Cain, Et Al) to do so and failed.
What law says that a church must perform a wedding they choose not to.

Just the law, no opinion required.

Go.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#552066 Jun 27, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>You are welcome!
Nice seeing you here.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Lonestar 88,464
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Insults Are Easier 284,675
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min LAWEST100 184,798
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 43 min Truthiness 666
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min Michael 665,571
News Goldman's Cohn Said to Be Preferred Candidate f... 45 min discocrisco 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 977,487
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 3 hr Scaritual 269
More from around the web