Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#551943 Jun 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>No

I actually claimed retarded people are smarter than you and have the capacity to learn whereas you don't!

Plus they would have an excuse. You don't

I would never make fun of someone with actual brain retardation. I will make fun of you for being so very stupid!

:)
More insults, what a "Christian" you are!

Montreal

#551944 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Just drop it, Skom.

These idiots can't figure it out.
You mean you don't understand definitions.

Montreal

#551945 Jun 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>HAHA

Lacez wrote, "<quoted text>
Second, you claim that Mexicans cannot own computers of cell phones because the cost of one is more than one would (under your claim that they make so little across the country) make in a lifetime, considering living expenses."

HAHAHA

Yeah that's what I said all right. No Mexican can own a phone or computer! I never even mentioned computers but yeah, throw that in there too!

May all your paper be circles, your rooms be rubber and your scissors be dull:)
And you wonder why everyone calls you an idiot?

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#551946 Jun 26, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
RA is quite the bigot, he'll throw insults about and not care about the collateral.
If you know your enemy well enough, you will pity him instead.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky

Montreal

#551947 Jun 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>HOW are you this stupid?

I am the one that made the point to him it isn't hit and running and some people have a life outside of Topix

It was said sarcastically while joking

It is like the only thing you know how to do is basically a stupider form of "I know you are but what am I"

Seriously kid, go back to the sandbox, the adults are talking
I can't really respond to this comment with much because it's all a bunch of insults, no real content.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#551948 Jun 26, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Hurray for equality!
DOMA rules unconstitutional!
About damn time.
I dedicate this song to the US Supreme Court:

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#551949 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's ok to do either, that wasn't the debate.
All I said was capital punishment isn't the same as murder and all if a sudden I get questions like yours.
It was a statement of legality, not morality.
you are prevaricating

and

you know you are.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#551951 Jun 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My post was relating to RR's use of Corinthians to counter an opinion relating to Mark.
For myself, I discount Mark 16:9-20 as a fraudulent addition so I have no dog in that fight.
The arguement was that Jesus says "if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them." among other signs and wonders.
In Corinthians, Paul asserts that the time of signs and wonders are over.
What Paul used was the age old answer to "Why aren't there any miracles now ?", Even the Jews use this cop out.
One of the reasons Jesus was not accepted even as a prophet was that Judaism declared centuries before that the "Age of Prophets" was over.
Same Stuff, Different Day.
Regarding Mark 16:9-20: While it is stated that these verses don't appear in what is said to be some of the most reliable manuscripts and is a valid point to consider, there are other possible explanations for them. These things listed happened with the disciples and Paul. Another possible explanation is that he was not saying that each individual would do each thing. And that these things happen not as a "see I am one of them" type of statements. But rather, he was saying, these are things you will happen with them Peter spoke in tongues, Paul with the snakes etc.. This line of thought.
Once I had a big double garage door fall on me and I wasn't hurt in the least. And once a pan, right off the coals, filled with melted grease, was dumped on me. I should have been scalded but I didn't even feel it and not the first blister. This is the type of thing I think it is talking about. Not a person saying "look what I can do". God showing his presence in the lives of those who followed him. Just some of my thoughts on the matter :)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#551952 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There, was that so hard?
Now, demonstrate something - ANYTHING - that shows Jesus is a fantasy god and the Bible is a fantasy book.
ANYTHING.
Go.
christianity

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#551954 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So then your answer is no, there is no current law forcing any church to marry anyone.
Why would that change?
That remains to be seen.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#551957 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
On what do you base that claim?
Your taking Corinthians over Mark.

Duh!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#551958 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah there, cowboy. Calm down.
Mojito?
Thanks, but I don't drink alcohol.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#551959 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So then your answer is no, there is no current law forcing any church to marry anyone.
Why would that change?
Yes, there is.

A church can no deny a marriage based on race or ethnicity.

They tried the religious grounds (Mark of Cain, Et Al) to do so and failed.

Montreal

#551960 Jun 26, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He's misrepresenting me again. He mangled yet another. What I gave was the minimum wage in Mexico. The mangler turned that into something else - the average wage. My whole point was that the Mexicans living in an expat community value us because their lives are better from the local infusion of foreign dollars,and they know that. It was one of several reasons given for considering living in a place like I do, the others being the socializing prospects are better, there is less need to learn the local language, and the amenities are superior.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Somehow, he converted a report of living in a community with a higher standard of living into living in a slum. It's what he does.
I know that, he also tends to add lots of insults within his replies to comments that prove him wrong and/or hold a truth he wishes not to accept.

I've been noticing it more often now.

Montreal

#551961 Jun 26, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know your enemy well enough, you will pity him instead.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky
Quite true.

I pity RR for his inability to accept reality.

Montreal

#551962 Jun 26, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I dedicate this song to the US Supreme Court:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Pm1Vu9a3q_QXX
Sadly, I can't see it, it's region locked.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#551963 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would that change?
For the same reason we forced them to stop being racist.

We also deny human sacrifice and stoning people to death and burning people at the stake.

Even animal sacrifices have to comply with Federal regulations.

Yes. The Government can interfere with religious "rights'.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#551964 Jun 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:.. interesting. Will Christian churches be forced to marry gays? Although Mr. C. posted a compelling argument (Jones -vs- US), I can't see it happening .... the Catholic Church continues to refuse to render wedding vows to divorcees. Not a peep from the I.R.S. Sorry RR, you and Dr. Shrink will probably have to have a civil ceremony ..
<quoted text>
.. it would be interesting to have Catch & Mr. C.'s opinion. Will churches be obligated to marry gays/lesbians because DOMA has been overturned ??..
You will now find out what is more important to the "church"-money or fabricated doctrine...my bet is on the money. Their "tax free organization" status is more important than their "god"...just watch...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#551965 Jun 26, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
Thanks. That is what it meant when I was a kid.

I am such a dork!

LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#551966 Jun 26, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad it's gone, anyway. You have to admit there's something ironic about Bill Clinton defending marriage...in the first place.
Hillary is as much a hypocrite as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min truth 638,092
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min It aint necessari... 30,123
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min truth 181,966
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr truth 43,925
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ2 280,526
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr truth 269
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr macumazahn 968,910
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 hr An NFL Fan 38,053
More from around the web