Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#551773 Jun 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Landwise you are correct but...
Demographics of the United States
From Wikipedia
As of June 1, 2013, the United States had a total resident population of 316,123,000, making it the third-most populous country in the world. It is very urbanized, with 82% residing in cities and suburbs as of 2008 (the worldwide urban rate is 50.5%. This leaves vast expanses of the country nearly uninhabited.
This 82% is why we need better public transportation!
And while I feel that 82% of Americans are living foolishly.

That's why I called it a "simple" solution.

Don't live in a city and you have no need for public transportation.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#551774 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think my suggestions work wonderfully for me....
You are a selfish little bugger.
Neb Senu

Lansdowne, PA

#551775 Jun 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of 70...to be accurate.
Yes.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#551776 Jun 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to making sex innuendos,.....!
Sounds great to me!

Beats all the arguing.
Neb Senu

Lansdowne, PA

#551777 Jun 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of 70...to be accurate.
And my I add that El sure got around...lol
That lucky god.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#551778 Jun 26, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
My statement is accurate.
Don't know what your statements was.

However, the shift in the use of "El" to "YHWY" is reflective of the Judean domination of Israel and their distancing themselves from Canaanite terminology.

Both Pagan Canaanites and the Northern Kingdom of Israel used the word "El" for the 'Father God'.

"What ever you call a rose makes no difference to the rose." - ME 1:51
Neb Senu

Lansdowne, PA

#551779 Jun 26, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
learn basic hebrew you stupid low spiritual IQ bum?
and maybe you will know meaning word El YHVH,EL SHADAI,EL GIBBOR, AND EL OH IM
BUT NOW YOU ARE STUPID
The god El was mentioned way before the Hebrews even had a written language. Read the Ugaritic texts, you birdshit brain, then perhaps the birdshit will be removed.
Neb Senu

Lansdowne, PA

#551780 Jun 26, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>what?
are you f...russian KGB investigator,or looking to get married and enter Paradise for you USA?
ty durnaja sobaka??
ty kohutik holova.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#551781 Jun 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with the all the rest but the above is something many people do all the time throughout history.
Hanoi Hilton POW's for example. Millions more.
Jesus didn't really do anything that millions of others did or would have done.
I don't say that to belittle Jesus. It is simply the truth.
Let me ask you, if given the chance to take Jesus' place would you ?
Well not to minimize what they went thru but they were prisoners of war. They didn't want to be there and I am sure would have chose not to. That is no knock, just why would anybody choose to be essentially tortured for no reason?

Would I take the place of Christ. I don't know man I really don't. Given the stakes and knowing what it accomplished for others I would like to think so but I don't think anybody can know until they are in that situation

To voluntarily submit oneself to heinous torture has got to be scary as all get out. Am I saying it is not within human capacity to forgive one's own torturers and to sacrifice oneself so friend and enemy alike can live? No. I am sure some could do it. However Jesus did do it. It is why I am grateful. It was a heck of a thing to do

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#551782 Jun 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds great to me!
Beats all the arguing.
If the choice was blatant hypocrisy and sex innuendos, yes I would take the innuendos all day long

I'd rather have something humerus as well then the constant phony victim act

I promise you if the hypocrisy stops and just the innuendos remain, you won't hear a peep outta me!
Neb Senu

Lansdowne, PA

#551783 Jun 26, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
My statement is accurate.
Read the Ugaritic texts, if you dare.

Location hidden

#551784 Jun 26, 2013
Edit

humorous

not

humerus

:)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#551785 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I gotta ask - why are atheists soooooo obsessed with a god they say they don't believe exists?
Again?!

Your desperation is showing.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#551786 Jun 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got to be the dorkiest guy on Topix!
Did you ever find out what law I broke when my parking meter expired counselor?
You aren't going to run away again are you?
I have been called a lot of things, but dorky is a first.

And sorry I can't always be here for you.

San Francisco, CA

#551787 Jun 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds great to me!
Beats all the arguing.
Last time I made a sex innuendo, Skom called me "dorky."

Pastor Catcher ain't no dork.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#551788 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Khat!!
How you been doing, amigo?
Double Fine is back on the intetwebz
Hi buddy!

Nice to see you around these parts again.

Nottingham, UK

#551789 Jun 26, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason the commandments are still applicable for some is because they haven't accepted the FREE gift of salvation offered through Jesus Christ and His finished work. Some Christians even want to put themselves under the OT Mosaic Laws and the bible clearly states that IF someone wants to be under the Law, then they will be judged under the Law..( NOT a good position to put yourself under)..Who could keep them perfectly?? However, Just because we aren't no longer judged by our ability to keep them all, we still honor them. The commandments were given to lead us to the Savior because we cant obey all 613 laws. Yes, They were given to the Jews and they never applied to gentiles but you see how many gentiles have put themselves under the Jewish laws and traditions? When I went to Israel, I too thought that I was under those Laws..The Jewish tour guides thought this was amusing and although there are only 13% of the Jewish people who consider themselves believers in Jesus Christ, They quickly gave me a lesson on the OT Laws and today's NT Christians. I was confused about all they told me so I started reading more about it and prayed for answers. After the DBR of Jesus Christ, Jews and Gentiles were grafted into one people but it was meant to bring the Jews under grace, NOT the gentiles under the Law. Did knowing this make me WANT to go out and break them just because???? NO, It done exactly what God knew it would do..It made me trust and rely on the gift of salvation and the finished work of Christ. I denied myself and my "works of obedience to the Law" and allowed me to follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit i.e...the law of the Spirit. I hope this makes sense to you. It one of those things that is easy to understand and impossible to explain. Jesus said that we couldn't put Old wine ( Law) into new wineskin ( Grace) because it would ferment and we would lose Both..Not our salvation but our freedom to live a life that is lead by the Spirit and not by our flesh. I could go on but I said enough for now. The answer to your question...The law still stands for those who refuse the Free gift of salvation.
Sorry Grace but what you appear to be saying is that it's lawful for people to kill if they believe in Jesus but not lawful if they don't.

San Francisco, CA

#551790 Jun 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather have something humerus as well then the constant phony victim act
the humerus is a long bone in the arm.

Just ask IANS, he's a doctor.

Even Pastor Catcher knows.

I once had a legal case involving a humerus.

Humorous, isn't it?

Nottingham, UK

#551791 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Annie!! How are you?
Err.. You certainly knkw a lot about sexual positions. Please, elaborate. Double Fine eagerly awaits your, ah, analysis :)
Tee hee. Hope you are well, Annie
Ah well, the missionaries certainly screwed those natives.

Nottingham, UK

#551792 Jun 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> but your analogy is off. the writing he responded was not to him. if my writing was to him then your writimg would have some merit, but it has no merit to that dialogue per se.
Still - let's hear it for the Supreme Court.

Whaddya say?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Buck Crick 740,273
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 19 min grandfayte 170
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 48 min Lost In Transition 173,856
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min feces for jesus 227,884
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min Aura Mytha 259,721
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr well 95,539
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Tim Osman 118,209
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr hojo 543,117

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••