Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#551650 Jun 26, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
So the Ten Commandments were only ever applicable to the Israelites and now they're applicable to no one.
The reason the commandments are still applicable for some is because they haven't accepted the FREE gift of salvation offered through Jesus Christ and His finished work. Some Christians even want to put themselves under the OT Mosaic Laws and the bible clearly states that IF someone wants to be under the Law, then they will be judged under the Law..( NOT a good position to put yourself under)..Who could keep them perfectly?? However, Just because we aren't no longer judged by our ability to keep them all, we still honor them. The commandments were given to lead us to the Savior because we cant obey all 613 laws. Yes, They were given to the Jews and they never applied to gentiles but you see how many gentiles have put themselves under the Jewish laws and traditions? When I went to Israel, I too thought that I was under those Laws..The Jewish tour guides thought this was amusing and although there are only 13% of the Jewish people who consider themselves believers in Jesus Christ, They quickly gave me a lesson on the OT Laws and today's NT Christians. I was confused about all they told me so I started reading more about it and prayed for answers. After the DBR of Jesus Christ, Jews and Gentiles were grafted into one people but it was meant to bring the Jews under grace, NOT the gentiles under the Law. Did knowing this make me WANT to go out and break them just because???? NO, It done exactly what God knew it would do..It made me trust and rely on the gift of salvation and the finished work of Christ. I denied myself and my "works of obedience to the Law" and allowed me to follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit i.e...the law of the Spirit. I hope this makes sense to you. It one of those things that is easy to understand and impossible to explain. Jesus said that we couldn't put Old wine ( Law) into new wineskin ( Grace) because it would ferment and we would lose Both..Not our salvation but our freedom to live a life that is lead by the Spirit and not by our flesh. I could go on but I said enough for now. The answer to your question...The law still stands for those who refuse the Free gift of salvation.

Location hidden

#551651 Jun 26, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text> "Denial is Not a river in Egypt"
Funny!...thanks
Hi Mike..I like to make people laugh. We are not enemies Mike. I enjoy talking to everyone regardless of their belief or lack of it. Wouldn't this be a boring world if everyone agreed on everything? Have a good day Mike

Location hidden

#551652 Jun 26, 2013
Rom 10:4: "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. By trusting in Christ’s work the law is fulfilled perfectly. Christ is the end of the law, the Greek word is telos which means termination or goal. The law was replaced. All the Old Testament types and shadows were replaced by the light the one who gave us them, Christ did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it, to bring it to its natural conclusion and completion. It was there for a time and was then replaced and is non operative for a believer, it is put aside. The laws recipients were Israel. The New Covenant recipients are both Israel and the gentiles. The Old Testament law clearly is not our reference point under grace. Jesus becomes the instructor in the New Covenant through the Holy Spirit.

http://www.letusreason.org/7thAd7.htm

I like the name of this website.."Let us reason", Not argue and belittle one another.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#551653 Jun 26, 2013
sofia wrote:
will jesus loves me and he gave his life for all of us. and i love him alot also but what can i say just belive in jesus and God and he loves you
wow

does he send birthday cards?

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#551654 Jun 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...I guess that you are talking about me too. In the last two cities that I have lived in the main mode of transportation has been public transportation. With the amount of traffic and the cost of parking it actually makes more sense to ride the bus.
In DC you can ride the bus or even walk faster than you can drive a car...at a much cheaper rate.
The monthly rate for parking in some cities can far exceed $300 dollars a month...you can take the bus or train to work for far less.
<quoted text>
Are you referring to sexual positions???
Even in the heterosexual world many couples prefer entry from behind.
Did you know?
The term "missionary position" came about (though some think this is a myth) in response to Christian missionaries, who taught that the position was the only correct way to engage in sexual intercourse.
Tuscans call this position "The Angelic Position" while some Arabic-speaking groups call it "the manner of serpents" (whatever that means).
The missionary position has several names, including "the matrimonial", "the Mama-Papa position", "the English-American position", and "the male superior position".
Interesting subject if you think about it...what makes people prefer certain positions over others. What compromises couples make when they both prefer different positions and how they deal with that.
Hi Annie!! How are you?

Err.. You certainly knkw a lot about sexual positions. Please, elaborate. Double Fine eagerly awaits your, ah, analysis :)

Tee hee. Hope you are well, Annie

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#551655 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh wow....

To be clear, Islam and Christianity are drastically different.

Do you have any comparisons to Christianity regarding stoning people to death like those backwards ass Iraqi Muslims?

No?

Odd...
You're joking, right?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#551656 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, you formed a complete sentence!

Short, but complete nonetheless.

Good job, Aero!
Actually, it's not.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#551657 Jun 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> you would rather me write that someone can die in rejection of jesus christ and all will be well with their soul?? That would make you feel better eh? so although christians truly believe when a person dies rejecting jesus christ they going to hell...you would rather the christian write what they believe would be a lie than what they believe the truth is... that it writer??
Well, no.

Us atheists do not really care what religion you or anybody else have. In fact, we would gladly fight for your right to worship whomever or whatever you want to. Should you be shot for your beliefs, we would make our voices heard too. Religion is a freedom that should be granted to every man, woman or child. And for that freedom, we do stand, no matter how silly it is to us.

Now. I am going to ask you to do something a bit strange. Visilualise. Let is pretend here was a poster on here claiming that he has a magical fairy in his garden. This magical fairy, according to him, created the world. Should you not believe in his Magical Fairy, you would be eaten by trolls in the afterlife.

Now here is my question. You have obvious non-belief to his magical fairy. It does seem ridiculous, yes? Can you see that him trying to scare you with his fairy, is as silly to us as you threatening us with hell?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#551658 Jun 26, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mike..I like to make people laugh. We are not enemies Mike. I enjoy talking to everyone regardless of their belief or lack of it. Wouldn't this be a boring world if everyone agreed on everything? Have a good day Mike
IMO...

If we take the time to truly try to understand our differences it gives us a better understanding of our own beliefs. That has been one "good" thing that has come from my time spent on Topix. It caused me to examine not only what I did believe but also what I didn't believe. More importantly I think is why I believe as I do.

There is much to be learned from everyone if we can get past this idea that we must "win" some "unwinnable" battle at all costs.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#551659 Jun 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>You're joking, right?
http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2006/...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#551660 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Annie!! How are you?
Err.. You certainly knkw a lot about sexual positions. Please, elaborate. Double Fine eagerly awaits your, ah, analysis :)
Tee hee. Hope you are well, Annie
Hey DF!

Well...it seemed to be the topic of conversation so I did my research! LOL

You just never know what topics are being discussed on "Why Should Jesus Love Me"...so one must stay well versed in the matters of a wide and diverse number of subject matters!

:-)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#551661 Jun 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I supplied information stating he Ray is Roman Catholic.
Prove he wasn't.
HA! That was "information"?

It said: Religion; Roman Catholic.

That's it, nothing else, nothing to back it up.

Imagine that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551662 Jun 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to ask here---why would he be jealous of other gods?---and be Sooooo obsessed with it?
I gotta ask - why are atheists soooooo obsessed with a god they say they don't believe exists?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551663 Jun 26, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay you are a true believer!
now we can at least test Jesus words
<quoted text>
Yes he is talking about you RR
You can drink deadly poison and it will not hurt you
That is a testable hypothesis
you will make a big stage and use deadly poison
If you want to take all doubts away, I suggest Plutonium
If drink that and stay unharmed
it will show all the world Jesus is not a fantasy figure
Just imagine how many people will come to Jesus
when you start demonstrating you invulnerability to deadly poison
Remember that Jesus gave these abilities
so you can prove his power to the world
It was meant for this use
Personally I would have to strongly advise against it
Jesus is just a fantasy figure
And i think you will die in agony if you try this
But from your point of view being a true believer
there is no danger in this
right?
You're still evading the question.

"Now, demonstrate something - ANYTHING - that shows Jesus is a fantasy god and the Bible is a fantasy book.
ANYTHING.
Go."

Imagine that.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#551664 Jun 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if I did not make my simple point better.
I have no desire to harm or hurt anyone.
No harm done LW.

You are still my 'little ferret'. <hugs>

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551665 Jun 26, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say EVERYTHING has a beginning, then that envelopes EVERYTHING.
Unless you're claiming your god is nothing.
And therefore, your god had a creator and a creator before that and so on.
Unless you admit your god is nothing, and therefore nonexistent.
God is everlasting and has always existed and always will exist.

Matter isn't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551666 Jun 26, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the children still got murdered.
Murder is murder and your god sets out the rules to murder others.
How hard is it to just accept that fact?
They weren't murdered. They were executed in accordance with their laws.

Whether or not you agree with their law, it was legal, hence - not murder.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551667 Jun 26, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying "cherry picking" and it's hilarious.
Why? Because you don't understand the term and think it applies to me.
It's as if you were to call the sun a hypocrite. The word doesn't apply just because you say it.
If a child is someone's son and is disobedient, then they got murdered. There's your child-murdering.
Oh, you are so indoctrinated in your beliefs.

You want to stay willfully ignorant so you can keep hating the Bible.

So be it.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

#551668 Jun 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...I guess that you are talking about me too. In the last two cities that I have lived in the main mode of transportation has been public transportation. With the amount of traffic and the cost of parking it actually makes more sense to ride the bus.
In DC you can ride the bus or even walk faster than you can drive a car...at a much cheaper rate.
The monthly rate for parking in some cities can far exceed $300 dollars a month...you can take the bus or train to work for far less.
<quoted text>
Are you referring to sexual positions???
Even in the heterosexual world many couples prefer entry from behind.
Did you know?
The term "missionary position" came about (though some think this is a myth) in response to Christian missionaries, who taught that the position was the only correct way to engage in sexual intercourse.
Tuscans call this position "The Angelic Position" while some Arabic-speaking groups call it "the manner of serpents" (whatever that means).
The missionary position has several names, including "the matrimonial", "the Mama-Papa position", "the English-American position", and "the male superior position".
Interesting subject if you think about it...what makes people prefer certain positions over others. What compromises couples make when they both prefer different positions and how they deal with that.
I was watching a documentary on Henry Ford. It was kind of funny, they were crediting him with a number of things that the invention of the automobile had brought forth, one of which was it changed the traditional positions in which we had sex..........

I had never thought of that..........LOL..........

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551669 Jun 26, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you tell that to the other people around here.
Afraid they'll scold you for having a different god, yet claim to be in the same religion?
I HAVE told them that.

And every time I post that the laws of Leviticus are written solely for the Levites, they can ALL see it.

They choose to remain willfully ignorant so they can keep hating gays.

You have something in common with them....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Steve III 646,384
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min It aint necessari... 48,235
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 42 min MUQ2 44,643
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr Brian_G 15
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Annaleigh 105,563
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,746
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Brian_G 971,603
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 182,627
More from around the web