so you can prove his power to the world
It was meant for this use
Personally I would have to strongly advise against it
Jesus is just a fantasy figure
And i think you will die in agony if you try this
But from your point of view being a true believer
there is no danger in this
right?
Yeah because Jesus wasn't known to use parabolic and metaphoric language right?

It means believers can accomplish extraordinary things in the name of God

But why would someone so convinced Jesus isn't real be spending hours online wanting to go over verse by verse in the Bible loosing for a testable hypothesis?

What's to test? I thought you already are convinced he isn't real?

Maybe some day you will believe turning your back on the Lord was a good idea. Let's just hope it is before your last day. In the meantime, you should find a hobby that doesn't involve being a troll
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#551463 Jun 25, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are nosey but I will take the bite and answer your inquiring mind..It was an alright job..It paid the bills and bought my cocaine. This was in the late 80's. Cocaine wasn't that expensive. I worked at a factory that made plastic office supplies. I run a plastic injection machine. Do you know what that is? Probably not. I also drove a forklift for the same plant. Why so many questions Mark? Are you on cocaine? You need some pointers?
I must admit I never felt the attraction of drugs Grace. Drugs are freely available here so that is not an issue. My experience consist of one inhalation of Cannabis, and I found it very unpleasant. It felt like a blanket over my mind and I have a clear mind and like to keep it that way.

Reason I ask these questions is that I think the addiction to an escapist belief system is very much alike to the escape people seek in drugs.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#551465 Jun 25, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi BT..How ya been??
I've been good sis...how about you.
I see the atmosphere hasn't improved here at all. It has degraded in my opinion.
Either has "retirement"...I seem to be even more in demand now than I ever was before!
Now they actually expect that I am perfectly capable of doing the "impossible".
I am "moving a mountain" right now! LOL! The only reason they called me, is I know my shit! LOL!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#551466 Jun 25, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Its ok Skom...I have been down this road a thousand times before. You know what he is trying to imply ..don't you? Anytime a women has had a drug addiction, the first thing a man tries to suggest is that she was a prostitute. LOL. I have been married to the same man since I was sixteen years old and I am still with him today. I have played his game so many times that I know exactly what he is trying to do. Maybe he is fantasizing some more. The old me would really embarrass him but I will remain civil. For now!!:)
Is that what his game was?

What a scumbag

I didn't think my opinion of him could get lower. He actually had me fooled a little when he first came here and was talking to Ians about civility

It was either a con or he just sold out his ethics in a hurry when he ran out of material

Well plenty of people managed to support their habit by working and didn't have to steal or prostitute themselves. It mainly depends on where someone was at financially when they started and what job they had. Of course it takes it toll over the years but that is when many hit rock bottom

There are people whose addiction unfortunately leads them to some real dark places. Some of us are lucky enough to at least have had a set of circumstances where we can live with ourselves after. Not that we are any better or worse but just a little luckier, if that word can even apply all things considered

But what a slimy form of questioning. I guess I shoulda seen it but have to completely remove the idea from my mind that this guy has any boundaries

(T) Peace

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#551468 Jun 25, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I must admit I never felt the attraction of drugs Grace. Drugs are freely available here so that is not an issue. My experience consist of one inhalation of Cannabis, and I found it very unpleasant. It felt like a blanket over my mind and I have a clear mind and like to keep it that way.
Reason I ask these questions is that I think the addiction to an escapist belief system is very much alike to the escape people seek in drugs.
I see. I don't compare the two Mark because drug addiction has three end results. Jails, institutions and death. Belief in Christ has better end results and has changed my life for the better. Drugs almost destroyed me..God restored me.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#551469 Jun 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh....
In what way are you equating God to matter?
When you say EVERYTHING has a beginning, then that envelopes EVERYTHING.
Unless you're claiming your god is nothing.
And therefore, your god had a creator and a creator before that and so on.

Unless you admit your god is nothing, and therefore nonexistent.

Location hidden

#551470 Jun 25, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Shrink..I don't stay mad at anybody. We are still friends.:)
Good for you

It's a good example you are setting

(T) Peace

Montreal

#551471 Jun 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, we were discussing Deuteronomy 21: 18-21.
The parents HAD to disown the son before the execution was carried out.
The parents did not decide this fate, the sin would be brought before the elders and they would decide.
The parents would also NOT carry out the sentence, that was forbidden.
Once again, the children still got murdered.
Murder is murder and your god sets out the rules to murder others.

How hard is it to just accept that fact?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#551472 Jun 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah because Jesus wasn't known to use parabolic and metaphoric language right?
No that is bullshit, this is plain text

I guess you are not a true believer

You betray Jesus here right now

It is nice to see you all fail the test of faith
as soon as it is put to the test
we only hear excuse

Jesus is a fantasy
but you are a deceiver
You know it is fantasy!
And I proved it right here and now

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#551473 Jun 25, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question is not sincere as you know very well your god is a fantasy figure
I bet you are going to pray tonight:
Please Jesus strengthen my belief
Make me strong and never doubt you
You know why? Because deep down you know it is only make-belief. The praying is simply conditioning to strengthen the belief. because without the belief their is no Jesus as he is only a fantasy. So you do everything to keep the fantasy alive. You want to repeat the name Jesus continuously so he sounds real.
Why the praying and why the book? Simply to keep an illusion alive. Real gods do not need books, Only fantasy gods need them. In the fantasy story the fantasy god lives. he lives in the roam of fantasy.
Mind you, I have nothing against fantasy figures. I like Superman, Donald Duck, Hercules, Santa Claus as long as they can mean something positive. But Jesus is too much a sadomasochistic suicidal egomaniac for my taste. What life-hating cult uses a torture device as symbol for freedom?
the fantasy book = the bible
the fantasy god = Jesus
I hope this answer satisfies you
Wow, this post is without a doubt the most self telling post I've seen in all of my time in Topix. A 10 year old could see just how badly your post is screaming out "I'm trying as hard as I can to convince myself that the B.S. I'm posting is somehow true".

Why is it that everyone but you can see that Mark?

Location hidden

#551474 Jun 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been good sis...how about you.
I see the atmosphere hasn't improved here at all. It has degraded in my opinion.
Either has "retirement"...I seem to be even more in demand now than I ever was before!
Now they actually expect that I am perfectly capable of doing the "impossible".
I am "moving a mountain" right now! LOL! The only reason they called me, is I know my shit! LOL!
You don't think anybody is gonna let you walk away if you have been the glue that has held things together do you?

LOL, the younger, cheaper, more malleable generation so sought after by employees these days when jobs are scarce may be cheap but they don't know diddly

Experience used to be the blank check in business for a reason

Some companies find that out in a hurry when people retire or are forced out

(T) Peace

Montreal

#551475 Jun 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that at all, you're lying.
You also misunderstand the passage in Deuteronomy. Nowhere does it say "child", it says son. You add in "child" to better suit your argument.
THAT is cherry picking added with lying.
Ever consider that a man of 36 years IS someone's son?!
You keep saying "cherry picking" and it's hilarious.
Why? Because you don't understand the term and think it applies to me.
It's as if you were to call the sun a hypocrite. The word doesn't apply just because you say it.

If a child is someone's son and is disobedient, then they got murdered. There's your child-murdering.

Montreal

#551476 Jun 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If its legal, it CANNOT be murder.
(Here's where you accuse me of condoning it, you addlepated twit)
You don't understand the word "murder" then, for it is murder.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#551477 Jun 25, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I am conjecturing, it requires imagination, fantasy
I do not say it is true, it could well be wrong
the good thing about having no fixed beliefs
is being able to do this Grace
that is the freedom believers lose
you live in the cage of beliefs made by others
I am fascinated by the mind Grace
and its power to fool itself
To me Jesus is clearly a fantasy
I have no doubt about that whatsoever
I know that you doubt him as well
Just be honest about it Grace
How did you get the money to pay your addiction Grace?
ACTUALLY, I GAVE IT TO HER...sort of.
She supplied the information about the dealers and arms movers, and we paid the premium. You see it all works together as a "unitized deal". That's how the "service" works... Check with your military affiliates and government props, they will surely tell you the truth, the whole truth, and nothing BUT the truth. BTW do not give them your name when you ask, and use a "payphone" when you call.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#551478 Jun 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand her point
I would think as a recovering addict you would as well
Often people substitute one addiction for another. Sometimes within the drug class they are abusing itself and sometimes with other things
he key obviously is to replace it with something positive and not have anything done to such excess that one can't function normally without it
And her point about religion is pretty much the same IMO
That people can make lots of things into their personal religion. Whether it be an ideology they swear by or a hate group they are in or whatever
It is a manner of substituting, much like people can do with addiction
Just how I read it anyway
(T) Peace
Some do, yes.However, Democracy is not considered a 'religion" by any stretch of the imagination.

No if she, or anyone, would like to point out that there is philosophy of Taoism and a Taoist religion then we have a good starting point.

Sorry Skom, I do not have time anymore for people posting nonsense with out any knowledge of the subject.

Montreal

#551479 Jun 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they're not.
God damn it, Lacez. You and I have already discussed this several times.
Read to understand, man.
Don't read to argue.
Then why don't you tell that to the other people around here.
Afraid they'll scold you for having a different god, yet claim to be in the same religion?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#551480 Jun 25, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, this post is without a doubt the most self telling post I've seen in all of my time in Topix. A 10 year old could see just how badly your post is screaming out "I'm trying as hard as I can to convince myself that the B.S. I'm posting is somehow true".
Why is it that everyone but you can see that Mark?
Cut the bullshit

Are you willing to take the Plutonium RA?

Is their not one true believer here?

Montreal

#551481 Jun 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder - Definition
The UNLAWFUL premeditated killing of one human being by another.
Verb
Kill (someone) UNLAWFULLY and with premeditation.
https://www.google.com/search...
Murder - legal definition
The unlawful killing of another human being without justification or excuse.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...
It will be interesting to see if Catcher can get this one right. Probably depends on whether he reads this post first! I can already see him trying to call it 'legal murder' which would be an inherent contradiction.
Definition of "unlawful":
Not morally right or conventional.
-Merriam Webster

Oops, looks like it's still murder!

Location hidden

#551482 Jun 25, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
No that is bullshit, this is plain text
I guess you are not a true believer
You betray Jesus here right now
It is nice to see you all fail the test of faith
as soon as it is put to the test
we only hear excuse
Jesus is a fantasy
but you are a deceiver
You know it is fantasy!
And I proved it right here and now
That is bullsh#t?

I betray Jesus?

The Jesus you don't believe is real?

I fail the test of faith in something you don't believe is real?

Gee Mark, you seem to be getting quite worked up over something you supposedly don't even believe in

If one didn't see your past posts and read this one they would think you are a fundamentalist extremist.

Hey maybe you will convince yourself some day?

Location hidden

#551483 Jun 25, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullyeye

Wait until you see his next one, it gets even more obvious

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Rider on the Storm 831,407
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Liam 586,406
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 12 min lovewithin 40,215
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 39 min BenAdam 443,000
pijat pasutri bali (Apr '13) 55 min dheka 38
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 59 min RiccardoFire 287
Looking for a female partner who is Hiv+ 1 hr Emishad 5
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Tony17 99,363
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr Neelakaran 6,452
More from around the web