“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#551215 Jun 25, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you nailed it here.
But we will never be able to change Christianity towards a more loving religion. It has been tried many times in history. It always ended with these groups being persecuted and murdered. The same with Islam. these religions revolve around a book, you can deviate from the book, but it will always move back to the book. Fundamentalists will not allow anything else.
That is what a book ideology is about. By putting it in an unchanging book, you forever lock people in the same ideas. We see a backlash to more fundamentalist idea right now. After the surge in fundamentalism in American Christianity and them converting lots of Catholics we now see the RCC taking over their practices and organizing indoctrination courses for their own believers.
As more people leave Christianity it will become more fundamentalist and aggressive. It is back to core business. We should not even try to make something civilized out of Christianity. It can not be done. Christianity and Islam are like viral diseases, they can lay low for a while, but then they will break out again.
What we want is people to understand what they are really about. I think Richard Dawkins described it best as memes, or "viruses of the mind". Once people are indoctrinated in it they can no longer think out of the box, as this is surrounded by fear. It is sophisticated mental lock-in. It creates frightened people that feel hated and become aggressive to people rejecting their brainwash, because the brainwash tells them so.
If is fiction, a fantasy, but the human mind is vulnerable to these fantasies in which promises of eternal heavenly existence are combined with fear of damnation for thinking something different.
Best we can do is make people clear it is fantasy, because that is all it is. And it a fantasy that destroys human happiness because it rejects happiness in earthly existence for a fantasy here after world.
.. thoughtful post ..

.. it seems many Christians do not understand that their religion is the product of political maneuvers by a handful of key characters in the 5th century ..

.. fundamentalism is just another political front that seeks to impose a certain dogma through legislative mandates. It doesn't matter whether it's Muslim or Christian fundamentalism, there's no room for contradictory teaching, tolerance, compassion or understanding ..

.. non-believers or offending parties are regularly dismissed as liars, bigots, anti-Christs or, my personal favorite, the spawn of Satan. Then there's the "no spiritual discernment" allegation ..

.. the fundamentalist movement has infiltrated America's political and legislative process with an agenda so contrary to American precepts that the very nature of their beliefs must be addressed. Mark my word, this religious movement has a theocratic agenda to overthrow all that democracy has contributed to making America great ..

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#551216 Jun 25, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
My Laksa had king prawns as well as tiny prawns. I guess it's all 'shrimp' to others? I don't know. Am I violating some belief by eating them?
My prawn is average size.
I am not sure about any violations.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#551217 Jun 25, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the angel pimping for the god
does not change the fact that mary was betrothed,and only 12.
the god is a pervert, and a pedophile.
Exactly.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#551218 Jun 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Hispanics must deal with this type of stereotyping on a daily basis. It is prejudicial and racist ..
You are grasping at straws

It is a comparison between the culture's not the people

Or are Ians comments about Honey Boo Boo and all the religious and patriotic symbols in America racist?

You are such a hypocrite. And you are wrong. At no point have I made any judgement about the people. I can not like the difference in culture all I want and that isn't racist. Is it racist to make fun of places who like curling over football? Like i said, you are grasping

I think from now on when Lacez says something really stupid or you say something really hypocritical I will not waste time pointing it out. Even I am getting tired at how often it occurs and I can't imagine there is anybody left that doesn't know

Location hidden

#551219 Jun 25, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Skombolis
Your post could be applied to the group of professing christians as well.
People in their right minds don't come on an entertainment site to share personal things. This is the place where you come to pretend,...Internet Drama!
Hello Mike

I don't see what there is to compare

First the Christians on here didn't seek anybody out

Second, while I don't deny there is a certain amount of B.S. and make-believe that people seem to love to engage in because they can pretend to be whatever they want on the Internet, I think it is normally pretty easy to tell when people are being sincere. A lot of stuff people share is nothing to elicit sympathy or attention but just sharing small pieces of their life because that is what people do.

The motivation of the troll is to seek out the place they think they will be wanted the least, use recycled arguments ad-nauseum, and then basically settle for a "w" simply by refusing to leave. You adult men and women copying each other and following each other around and defending some of the dumbest things anybody could say in the first place

If you want entertainment, I suppose that is a source. To me it more along the lines of reality tv. Its fun to make fun of once in a while but it gets old and it certainly isn't interesting.

Tell me what there is to gain by trying to provoke someone into responding so someone can point the finger and say "see you are a real Christian. Oh btw, I hate real Christians so its a lose/lose either way"?

At some point it has to be obvious no matter how silly some stuff gets, trolling is nothing more than people looking for a way to project their own dissatisfaction with life. I have neevr heard anybody say "bet you that troll is super happy in real life"

Just saying

But at least you conduct yourself fairly civil for the most part

(T) Peace

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#551220 Jun 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see a topic to discussed.
I am tired of just pointing out (just as) valid alternative opinions within and without Christianity and getting the same "I'm right your wrong" Chick Tract responses.
I need a better indoor hobby. <ties a silk scarf around HL's ankle>
.. is it wise to try to reason with irrational people? Am I being insensitive towards someone's religious beliefs by questioning certain dogma ??..

.. when religious people regularly assert gays and atheists are immoral, that belief becomes a sacred cow, one not to be tampered with. There's a pink elephant in the room and it's pooping on the rug ..

<< HL lies down & offers G five pink, ruffled scarves >>

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#551221 Jun 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you poor baby, so victimized.
No wonder you and nano get along so well.
You're cut from the same mold.
I'm not victimized.

Just pointing out hypocrisy is all.

Relax.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551222 Jun 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter, it relates, it was a comparison.
Then, when you squalled about the comparison, I supplied Christian incidents, that compare to stoning, that happen to this day.
You supplied no Christian incidents, you only supplied Muslim incidents.

**hint** Muslims aren't Christian.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551223 Jun 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:

You aren't worth the effort to post to or reply.
So you reply?!

O_o
You are also on ignore from now on.
A single tear rolls down my cheek.....

Location hidden

#551224 Jun 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You're trying to make fun of someone for being old and for having enough money to be able to retire in a beautiful place like Mexico.
You are failing horribly at not looking like a fool.
Sigh

Sometimes I am torn between helping you or making fun of you

I will try to mix it up and do the former

Ians admitted the average wage in Mexico for professionals (doctors, lawyers, etc) is $8 a day

That the rest of the laborers who are lucky enough to get wok make $5 a day. Not an hour. Per DAY

Do you understand how dangerous a place like that is? Ians claims he tips more than they make all day. Do you understand the target that would make one for crime? Two older people, the guy who is a natural born coward, being "rich" according to their standards?

You seem oblivious to many things in life. How you can't understand the inherent dangers of living somewhere where the lucky ones make 50 cents an hour is beyond me

And IANS brought this up. He bragged about how much money he saved by leaving the church and how that allowed him to retire early. To a dangerous Mexican slum I guess was his point

You and Spiritual's posts are so stupid they make my head hurt normally.

You realize people risk life and limb daily to leave Mexico to get into the United States right?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#551225 Jun 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
He would know them by their actions.
You don't even attempt to follow his two most important tenets.
We certainly know you by Jesus Christ accusing you in the most damning way with--the unforgivable sin, which is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Because you're on track to go to your grave refusing to believe on and worshiping Jesus Christ, the only one that can take away God's Wrath from your over head. So then the only thing you have to look forward to when you die, is the Wrath of YHWH Almighty on you. Good luck with that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551226 Jun 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

The laws in Leviticus were not written for all to follow, just the Levites.
G_O_D wrote:

Says who ?
It was in the rest of my post. You know, the part you cherry picked out?

You will remain willfully ignorant.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551227 Jun 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when were the "OT Times" ?
Is that a historic era you just invented ?
You are sofa king stupid.
The OT times, you know - the times during which the events of the OT took place? You know, from about the 15th century BC to about 300 BC....

C'mon perfesir, hang in there.

Location hidden

#551228 Jun 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not victimized.
Just pointing out hypocrisy is all.
Relax.
LOL

Why is that so hard for them to understand?

This is the desperation of the troll to believe he/she has been effective in bothering someone

Pointing out hypocrisy doesn't mean the use of it upset anyone. It is simply pointing it out for obvious reasons. It shows how much the person continues to discredit themselves when they engage in hypocrisy and double standards

I personally rather enjoy pointing it out. It just makes things that much more transparent as to the kind of person I am dealing with

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551229 Jun 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Nice guess.
Please provide some evidence that matter has always existed.
Go.
G_O_D wrote:
Provide evidence that your deity always existed.
QUICK! Move the goalposts!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551230 Jun 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You said, and I quote "I am a God".
Prove it.
Or admit your a liar.
G_O_D wrote:

You Bible proved it.
"I said you are all Gods." - Bible
It also said I am the Son of God.
You don't believe the Bible.
That makes you an atheist according to many Christians...including one of your earlier rants.
You really should see a psychiatrist.
Oh, is THAT the cherry picked part of the Bible you like?

So you can't prove that you're a god. Got it.

So stop lying.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551231 Jun 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The USA is dominated by Christianity as well. That is the reason so much religious bullshit is built into our laws. Many of us are trying to get rid of the religious bullshit from our laws. We are slowly winning.
Another moving of the goalposts, eh? You must be getting tired....

G_O_D: Uganda is a Christian nation.

RR: Then so is America.

G_O_D: USA is dominated by Christianity.

O_o

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551232 Jun 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Teslas are cool. Catcher might be a woman for all I know. Never found men attractive but.... never say never.
LMAO!

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551233 Jun 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You just claimed that the Bible doesn't say that.
I proved you are a liar and now you are going to move the goalposts again to try to get out of it.
I didn't say that Bible doesn't say that.

Siiiiigh......

I said it's just because it's written in the Bible doesn't mean it pertains to all.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#551234 Jun 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
So you claim the commanment to murder people for adultery was only given to the Levites.
So was the same commandment give only to Deuters (whatever the fuck those are)
"If a man is found lying with a married woman, then both of them shall die, the man who lay with the woman, and the woman; thus you shall purge the evil from Israel." - Deuteronomy 22:22
You really should read the Bible someday.
<quoted text>
QUICK!! Move the goalpost! G don't wanna talk about the Levites!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 7 min Freebird USA 9,317
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 8 min Classic 2,261
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Tango Bravo 584,109
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min karvinman 176,528
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 12 min dollarsbill 3,390
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Happy Lesbo 828,386
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 16 min Happy Lesbo 70,144
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 30 min Oxidant 442,862
More from around the web