Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#551070 Jun 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like I have stated for the last 30 years:
The non-deity, non-anthropomorphic, creative and motive force of the Universe.
"The Tao can not be explained. Words may be used to describe it but none are adequate."
So your are a non theists.You choose to follow man.Tao or Dao the way,flow or path.Started by Hon Ming chen in orginal started in Taiwan.Then why do you use God as a avartar???

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#551071 Jun 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Humm children of God.Just like Jesus so your saying you are a product of out of wedlock,adultry,and rape right!!!
My father was an Ben'Adam until his final breath.
My mom was an Elohim and died when her gift of art was taken from her. She ceased to breathe decades later.

I am from a long line of Gods.

Our family line reaches back to King Arthur, St. Ambrose, Joseph of Arimathea and Mary Magdalene.

Location hidden

#551072 Jun 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
18) This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit.(Matthew 1:18)
The myth states it clearly. The "spirit" and Mary were not married.
<quoted text>
24) When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25) But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.(Matthew 1:24,25)
A "spirit" can't conceive by adultery, but the out of wedlock pregnancy, caused by the 'spirit" did cause marital problems for Mary and Joseph, as evidenced by Josephs reluctance to consummate the marriage while she was pregnant - out of wedlock - by a "spirit's" child.
Notice also, Joseph had no free will in the matter. He was commanded by the "angel of the Lord". The myth says the "Lord" gets what he wants... and he wanted Mary, and he wanted Joseph to get over it and marry her. He commanded it(by proxy).
<quoted text>
30) But the angel said to her,“Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31) You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32) He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33) and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”
34)“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel,“since I am a virgin?”
35) The angel answered,“The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. 36) Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37) For no word from God will ever fail.”
38)“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered.“May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.(Luke 1:30-38)
Yep. That's rape. Mary had no choice.
Just look at the key phrases:
"You will conceive and give birth to a son"
“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel,“since I am a virgin?”
“The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you."
This next phrase makes it unavoidable, it can only be as it is said to be by the deity(those are the conditions of your mythology and the deity powers).
"For no word from God will ever fail"
Again, take note that there is no free will in these commands. It is inevitable. Mary and Joseph, both, have no free will in this story.
"For no word from God will ever fail"
It's your myth.
Now tell me your myth how you come bouncing into the world?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#551073 Jun 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an American food, Aristotle.
Was there a Mexican Aristotle that spoke of breakfast burritos?

~snicker

Lemme let you in on a secret dummy. Mexicans living in poverty will eat anything for breakfast they can. Now I realize a 7-11 breakfast burrito may be too "high brow" for the area you are living in but somehow I doubt an American variation has no roots in Mexico.
<quoted text>
Barely. I gave it up years ago with beer and cigarettes.
Honey Boo-boo and her family drink a lot of "pop" before breakfast too, don't they? I'll bet that you're addicted to caffeine.
<quoted text>
Nor anywhere else. Neither will you.
Where do you think that you're going except back to work every day, assuming you have a job to go to?
I know your situation - you don't have enough savings to live on for one year, and no realistic chance for that to change. When you save now, it's at most a few weeks pay to get you through the rough patches between jobs.
You're probably pushing fifty. Do you think that you can live on your "pension" or on Social Security? Haven't you been keeping up?
"Many of us won’t be able to retire until our 80s - You’ll probably have to work much longer than you anticipated"
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/many-of-us-w...
Maybe you'll get lucky and one day the Lord will relieve you of the burden of life right on the job. Maybe they'll come in at sunrise and see your body. But you'll be in heaven by then, right?
Your delusions and that Mexican water have rotted your brain!

I don't watch Honey Boo Boo. Is that what you tell yourself when living in a Mexican slum? "This Mexican hat dance is so much classier than American culture"

LOL

And this part?

Ians said:

"Maybe you'll get lucky and one day the Lord will relieve you of the burden of life right on the job."

Hahaha...Oh Iansy, you probably needed a change and a wet-nap after this post! That is getting kind of dark even for Topix no?

No burden over here hombre, I don't live in a slum:)

Location hidden

#551074 Jun 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews wrote the Book and have said it was Saturday for over 2500 years. the Christians agreed with that until a Roman Emperor told them change it or die.
It has nothing to do with what the book says but what they people who wrote it say it means.
Do you tell any other authors that they don;t know what their own books are about ?
I can give you Stephen King's phone number if you would like to tell him he doesn't understand his own books.
What you mean it has nothing to do with the book???Well you tell others they do not know what there talking about so why cannot someone tell the author he does not know beans either???Where in the Bible does it state saturday Chapter and verse proof please??

“"None shall pass"”

There

#551075 Jun 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
So your are a non theists.You choose to follow man.Tao or Dao the way,flow or path.Started by Hon Ming chen in orginal started in Taiwan.Then why do you use God as a avartar???
Thank you for demonstrating you know nothing of the Tao Te Ching (written centuries before Taiwan existed).

I don't have God as an avatar. I have a ferret for an avatar. However, the world might be a happier place if God were a ferret.

Location hidden

#551076 Jun 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
Freedom of and from religion is just one part of one of several Amendments to America's founding documents. America was founded on freedom from tyranny and on guaranteeing the rights of the individual.
Religion is just a part of one amendment, the first one, which enumerates several other freedoms, including speech, press, petition, and assembly.
Then there are other Amendments on all sorts of other founding issues such as the right to bear arms, privacy, due process and more.
You're confusing the Pilgrims with the Founding fathers acentury and a half later. The Pilgrims came to the New World to escape religious persecution. But the crown and tyranny were the issue in 1776, not religion.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

LOL

We were talking about the Constitution and what is says about separation of church and state. I know you follow your own constitution but the one in the U.S. talks about it and that is what the discussion was about. Nobody claimed it was anything more than part of one ammendment

If anything that was the point. That it has been made into a much bigger deal that it was. It was not a huge issue then, was not meant to be interpreted as religion must be kept separate from secular or that society must be secular. It simply said people had the right to worship as they please and Congress shall pass no law respecting a particular religion. So this whole "desperation of church and state" has been badly misconstrued over time

Thank you for making the point that at the time of the constitution, religious tyranny was not even really an issue

In your desperate attempt to "correct" something you only strengthened the case against anyone that claims separation of church and state is somehow advocating governmental or public seculism

Location hidden

#551077 Jun 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit. And her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly. But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying,“Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus,for he will save his people from their sins.” 22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet: 23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel”(which means, God with us). 24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus."
—Matthew 1:18-25
26 In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. And the virgin's name was Mary. 28 And he came to her and said,“Greetings, O favored one, the Lord is with you!” 29 But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and tried to discern what sort of greeting this might be. 30 And the angel said to her,“Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.” 34 And Mary said to the angel,“How will this be, since I am a virgin?” 35 And the angel answered her,“The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God. 36 And behold, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son, and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren. 37 For nothing will be impossible with God.” 38 And Mary said,“Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her."
—Luke 1:26-38
This where Christianity got the "God magically impregnated Mary before she was to wed Joseph" story from.
It is the ONLY account of it in The Bible.
note that it also says that John the Baptist's mother Elizabeth had an identical magical impregnation which makes John the Baptist a God Baby as well.
It is the pagan "Zeus getting women pregnant' story retold.
So why are you using Matthew,Luke when you do not even like what is written as your proof.You said we are all children of God like Jesus again are you a product of wedlock,adultry and rape???AS you have so stated.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#551078 Jun 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
What you mean it has nothing to do with the book???Well you tell others they do not know what there talking about so why cannot someone tell the author he does not know beans either???Where in the Bible does it state saturday Chapter and verse proof please??
I tell most Christians they don't anything about the Bible, the History of Christianity or Judaism because they don't and I do.

You can believe anything you want, it will never change history or reality.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#551079 Jun 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sabbath was celebrated by the Jews on the same day of the week long before the Romans named them after their deities.

You have your cart in front of the horse.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#551080 Jun 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you using Matthew,Luke when you do not even like what is written as your proof.You said we are all children of God like Jesus again are you a product of wedlock,adultry and rape???AS you have so stated.
I use them because that is what YOU claim is "wor of God".

If you were a Muslim I would be citing the Qur'an to evaluate your interpretation of that.

Location hidden

#551081 Jun 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Skom sees this post, his paranoia is going to land me in a heap of trouble.
I really don't care if it is you. Perhaps it was a coincidence a troll defending HL and IAns showed up making dorky jokes and kept responding to posts saying "you are a buffoon" and suddenly there you were saying the same thing

I am actually not ruling it out. You are one of the biggest followers I have ever come across in my life and the chance to copy someone else, even an anonymous proxy, may have simply overwhelmed you

Either way its pretty goofy!

Location hidden

#551083 Jun 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for demonstrating you know nothing of the Tao Te Ching (written centuries before Taiwan existed).
I don't have God as an avatar. I have a ferret for an avatar. However, the world might be a happier place if God were a ferret.
Well I see G_O_D above the ferret??? Nope your right do not know one thing about your tao te ching man made regilion.Matter of fact had to look it up found it dull too jmo.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#551084 Jun 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Now tell me your myth how you come bouncing into the world?
Don't be silly.

Location hidden

#551085 Jun 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, what's up with this new guy, Toby?
Can we get NSA tapes and information, and maybe track him down?
Or would we be violating the Fourth Amendment to the Topix Constitution?
I'll take the case. We'll make it a class action.
Even on a pretend case I wouldn't want you handling it!

You would probably object the judge "yo black robe guy"

~snicker

Location hidden

#551086 Jun 24, 2013
Edit Catcher

oops..CALL the judge not OBJECT

I was originally thinking of some of your funny objections but figured "not responsive" was getting old so I changed it up mid-thought:)

Location hidden

#551087 Jun 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I tell most Christians they don't anything about the Bible, the History of Christianity or Judaism because they don't and I do.
You can believe anything you want, it will never change history or reality.
So tell me do you believe everything the historians have written and rewritten.I used the sabbath as a example no where in the Bible does it state a certain day other then the seventh day which I might add is a part of the ten commandments.Imo you need to do some research on what the spirit contains for beginners.

Location hidden

#551088 Jun 24, 2013
<quoted text>
How great thou art!
In many slums in Mexico it is common to see children as young as 4 or 5 years old by themselves all hours of the night and morning selling Chiclets for a peso.

They also spend all day out in the water like fish as people throw pesos into the water and they come up with them in their teeth

It really is some of the most disgusting treatment of children I have ever seen that is socially acceptable

YOU of all people are going to call out something in a prayer from a book you don't even believe when children all around you are suffering? What have you done about it by the way? My guess knowing you is absolutely nothing. I mean, unless they are doing work for you right?

You run out of people to get addicted and exploit in the United States (or were driven from here is my guess) and decided to go take advantage of cheap labor where even having barely any money yourself wouldn't prevent you from taking advantage of others?

You claim you tip more than they make all day

What do you do if you aren't getting something out of the deal?

Take your time so your lies sound believable.

Location hidden

#551089 Jun 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be silly.
Is nothing silly about a living breathing walking talkin human being.I ask you how you come bouncing in the world you simple had to say with a smile on my face at so many inches long,weight and I learned to walk at age _fill in blank.

I came into this world bouncing at five pounds,eighteen inches long and walked at eight month with alot of mischief and large smile and lot of love in my heart.Had the world by the butt cause I had a gold spoon in my mouth(not money but love) because of a set of grand parents who loved my ever move in life.

Location hidden

#551090 Jun 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes. I understand the words.
Do you have any evidence to support that claim? I won't accept it without it.
Nobody cares if you accept what others believe muchacho

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min truth 667,942
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 39 min truth 7
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 58 min raj 37
Everyone is a fool 1 hr andet1987 5
Electing Donald Trump was a terrible mistake 1 hr andet1987 8
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,108
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr trifecta1 979,463
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Moron Wrangler 286,085
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 92,716
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web