Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#550535 Jun 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What offends you? Those are accurate descriptions of the same behavior from a man. Most are crimes.
The man makes a good point: what Christians consider a holy and sacred event is obviously getting a pass from judgment.
Decent people everywhere consider much or all of that behavior intolerable and call their commission "crimes."
Rational ethics considers that double standard unjustified and absurd. How can what is criminal for a man be blessed in a god? It can't. And several of us think that that is significant. The evolution of ethics is apparent in the bible between the Old and New Testaments, and then again between the New Testament and modernity. There have been huge changes in human understanding of ethical matters. They wouldn't write that story like that today. It makes it seem like ghost sex and a cuckolded young man. That's what would happen if Joseph made that claim in 2013: "Dude. Smell the coffee. Your wife cheated on you." That story is not tenable today. But apparently, 2000 years ago, that was a decent excuse.
So what offends you? Pointing out how archaic the bible is,and how far we've come since those days? That's the kind of thing many of us are we're here for. That's evidence against a supernatural origin to what appears very much to be human nature over time and nothing more.
Maybe you're offended because you think your god is offended. How can we help you with that? Do you think that G_O_D should not post things like that because they might offend somebody?
Incidentally, have you noticed that the Christian god is evolving with human culture? He seems to do a lot less smiting, and apparently he no longer supports absolute monarchies or slavery. God loves America and democracy now, right? Just like Superman.
Two thousand years ago, ideas like human sacrifice and brutal retribution - crucifixion and damnation - seemed more moral than they do now. That's evolution. And it's very naturalistic, the opposite of what perfect gods do.
Nice to see you back.
Wonderful and well written post.

Thanks!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#550536 Jun 24, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no need for book beliefs
reality is enough for me
"No God(s)is not reality, that is a fairy tale fantasy you can live until you die, THEN, reality going to hit you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#550537 Jun 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Into the words that aren't there?
Death is not disowning.
There's a big difference between the two.
Do I need to repeat myself?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550538 Jun 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence for a god, there is evidence for matter.
You claim nothing can forever be, yet you claim your god has.
I think it's more logical to come to the conclusion that matter was never created and just always existed.
Your god just never existed in the first place, that's what the evidence points to.
I've never claimed that nothing can forever be, I've never said anything close to that.

I see. Based on absolutely zero evidence, you've "come to the conclusion" that matter has always existed.

Are you sure you're freethinking right?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550539 Jun 24, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
it is a fantasy book around a fantasy god
Even worse it is an unethical book
Try superman, your life will improve
Why do you fantasize that God is a fantasy?

Unless you have some evidence to support your dreams......

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550540 Jun 24, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the imaginary truth?
St Hitler did that
You also fantasize about Hitler being a saint.

You're deluded.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#550541 Jun 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
.... You guys were discussing "once saved, always saved" ....
It was that kind of argument that proved the contradictions in the Bible. Yet, they all maintained the Bible has no contradictions.

There is nothing presented to me in the last 40 years that indicates that any modern form of Christianity is based on truth or reality.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#550542 Jun 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>"No God(s)is not reality, that is a fairy tale fantasy you can live until you die, THEN, reality going to hit you.
Book hero's either Spiderman or Sea spliting god, or fish multiplying son god are fantasy.

They put it in a book, because otherwise people could not have the same experience, it is only in the mind, a story, a fantasy

Let's enjoy Spiderman together, but lets not belief in him.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#550543 Jun 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>iyai! git em writer! Some of these Christians that write so sweet and innocent I see can stiffen get tough and rumble when needs be LOL.
That what I talking about writer. Secular Humanism is Inferior to Christianity. Good to see even sweet and calm Christians like you, know it. Good for you :)
So...

You think that calling someone a "Shlthead" is a good thing?

While I might agree with LW on "G" being a "Shltlead" at times I am somewhat puzzled by your encouraging her...as if you believe that "Shlthead" came straight from the mouth of Jesus.

One of the things that was drilled in to me as a child was the verse in Matthew about...what comes from the mouth...comes from the heart.

While I understand how difficult it is at times to control what comes from the mouth...your encouragement of "Shlthead"...baffles me.

Remember..."unclean lips"?

James 1:26, "If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain."

James 3:10, "Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be."

Proverbs 13:3, "He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction."

Proverbs 15:4, "A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit."

Proverbs 18:7, "A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul."

Proverbs 21:23, "Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles."

Ecclesiastes 5:2, "Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few."

Matthew 12:36-37, "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."

You can't cherry-pick verses Trifecta and be one of those "true" Christians.

Oh well...as Alice says...

Carrion
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#550544 Jun 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I need to repeat myself?
the only way to keep believing in your fantasy god
repeat it many times every day, or he will fade away

“"None shall pass"”

There

#550545 Jun 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
um...
O_o
LMMFAO!
OK, so you admit that you only argue with Christians and your non-belief in the Christian God.
You are putting words in his mouth again.

He said Wicca isn't used to fuel hatred and you twist that to him saying something completely different.

Mr. A: " No one has ever been attacked by an earthworm."

Mr. B: "So you admit only hunt pheasants."

“"None shall pass"”

There

#550546 Jun 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You must leasrn to look beyind the words.
You need to learn to read.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#550547 Jun 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you fantasize that God is a fantasy?
Unless you have some evidence to support your dreams......
Go.
I tried to belief in it, as i was brought up with it
then I realized i was just kidding myself
It is a make-belief, a fantasy

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#550548 Jun 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am asking your opinion as an individual.
do you believe that "believers" are forgiven or judged ?
LOL

At least you are being a consistent "shltheat"!

Just kiddin'...maybe!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#550549 Jun 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism goes another step further.
Take one word from the Bible, "kill", and use it to thik the Bible's an evil book.
NO.

The WORDS IN THE SENTENCE: "Kill the women and children" makes God Evil. Your thinking it is not Evil makes YOU Evil.

The book is just ink on paper. It is neither good or evil.

BTW, it is "think", not "thik". By your own rules that typo proves you are a complete idiot.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#550550 Jun 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Into the words that aren't there?
Death is not disowning.
There's a big difference between the two.
It is a pathetic apologetic.

There is a huge difference between "Stone them to death" and "Let them be dead to you."

One is murder, the other is exile.

The Amish and Mennonites base their "shunning" on that apologetic.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550551 Jun 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are putting words in his mouth again.
He said Wicca isn't used to fuel hatred and you twist that to him saying something completely different.
Mr. A: " No one has ever been attacked by an earthworm."
Mr. B: "So you admit only hunt pheasants."
Of course you missed the point.

My questioning began with (something like) it seems most atheists only argue about God & Christianity.

I asked about him arguing against leprechauns on a leprechaun thread. He said no because (something like) leprechauns believers do no harm.

So I asked about arguing against Wiccans on a Wiccan thread and of course the answer was similar to the leprechaun question....

It is still my contention that, for the most part, atheists argue ONLY against the Christian God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550552 Jun 24, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
the only way to keep believing in your fantasy god
repeat it many times every day, or he will fade away
Is that what you did? Repeated "god is a fantasy" many times a day until you believed it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550553 Jun 24, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to belief in it, as i was brought up with it
then I realized i was just kidding myself
It is a make-belief, a fantasy
In your opinion, you mean....
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#550554 Jun 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You also fantasize about Hitler being a saint.
You're deluded.
Christians call him this way

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Pastor Catcher 47,856
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min truth 646,325
White women leaving their white families in dro... (Aug '09) 45 min Johnny 326
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 48 min Annaleigh 105,574
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,012
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 1 hr Breedu 493
jb bohsia yg terbesar (Sep '08) 1 hr Jawaking 43
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr VIKING 971,567
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 7 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web