Which one is Jesus?
He's in the background.

Did you miss it?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#550083 Jun 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty cute lizard though :)
Well, thanks....

But HL said she'd keep them pics private!

Damn her, if she didn't make a good sammich, I'd......

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#550084 Jun 23, 2013
That we henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro and carried about every wind of doctrine.
Ephesians 4:14

And the prophets shall become wind and the word is not in them. Jeremiah 5:13

Who concerning the truth have erred saying that the resurrection is past already and overthrow the faith of some. 2 Timothy 2:18

But in vain they do worship Me,teaching doctrines the commandments of men. Matthew 15:9

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550085 Jun 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>What you gave above isn't evidence, those are unsupported claims.
<quoted text>Russell's Teapot?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell 's_teapot
Same evidence your deity has.
Unsupported claims?!?

These?!

All known evidence indicates that matter is incapable of creating itself.

All evidence suggests that matter is not eternal.

All evidence indicates that inorganic matter is incapable of generating life.

All evidence indicates that no strictly material object has moral sensitivity.

All evidence indicates that objects characterized by design have been produced by an intelligent designer.

Dude, what?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#550086 Jun 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
17) Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18) but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
(Num 31:17,18)
Midianites were unbelievers.
Thus the instruction of the fantasy God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550087 Jun 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not in that particular quote, but the whole "absence of evidence is evidence of ansence" fits my post just fine.
Because with line of reasoning, aleins don't exist. Period. Because we have no evidence for them.
And a few hundred years ago, DNA didn't exist. Period. Because we had no evidence of it.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You're confusing *proof* with *evidence*.
Ugh... The good ole "You don't understand" ploy...

I'm not confusing either one.

Either way, a few hundred years ago we had neither proof nor evidence for DNA.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#550088 Jun 23, 2013
Toby wrote:
I just wrote this little diddy , enjoy, enjoy, lift your voices and sing-
I'm a slave for Jesus.
Jesus is a slave for me.
I'm a slave for Jesus
Being a slave will make you free
All the christians sing together, be a good slave for me!
I'm a slave for Jesus
Being a slave will make you eternally free
Put it in crummy old English and they will all sing along

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550089 Jun 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't begin with Mendel.
<quoted text>
For starters, you ignored my argument, not refuted it. I argued that the absence of expected evidence is strong evidence of absence, and gave an example.
<quoted text>
That's the contradiction. The full explanation of what that means and where it applies was also provided. The absence of evidence where none would be expected in not meaningful.
<quoted text>
Nope. That's not even close. That's according to you. DNA was not absent.
Then if it wasn't absent, what was it?

Undiscovered.

So maybe your quote should be "Absence of evidence is evidence of ignorance".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550090 Jun 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Weak.
Strong.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#550091 Jun 23, 2013
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of the devil.1 Timothy 4:1

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;but after there own lust shall they heap to themselves teachers,having itching ears and they shall turn away their ears from the truth and shall be turned unto fables.2 Timothy 4:3&4

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550092 Jun 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Maybe you should have read the original post before responding to it:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Apologies. I didn't read the post in full.

"Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

I realize that this is often said in its opposite form as if it were a pithy truism, but that would be incorrect. While absence of proof is NOT proof of absence, absence of expected evidence is most assuredly evidence of absence. If you claim that you were at work on a day when nobody saw you and your time card was not punched, you probably won't be paid, even though that is not proof that you didn't just forget to clock in and that you were always where nobody else was all day. Perhaps you'd like to claim that you were in the field in the company car, but if the odometer and gas gauge haven't budged from yesterday, you may get fired for lying. This would all absence of expected evidence serving as evidence of your absence from work.

Your god claims to want to be known by man. He has allegedly visited the earth and done magic. And he will allegedly answer prayer. Yet scientists have been scouring the cosmos from the grandest to the smallest scales, where they have found nothing that suggests a god.

I understand that not a bit of this matters to a faith based thinker. But it does to evidence based thinkers."

www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LORUMAROFE...

What makes you think scientists can find God by searching the cosmos?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#550093 Jun 23, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Chris.
You're right about that. The maturity level drops significantly when the trolls that have decided to call this thread their new home show up. Namely Alice, aka River Tam (and God knows how many other names he/she/it goes by, Ashelah,(the Cybil of Topix with the multiple names he/she/it has used in here), Lacey, Lesbo girl, Catcher, d_o-g, IANS, and now the latest child Tobey (just to name a few). It's like walking into a kindergarten class when they're here. Sad, truly sad.
At any rate, I'm doing well. God has blessed me in so many ways and continues to do so. Spent last weekend in Michigan with my daughter and grand-kids. The weather was great and we had a fathers day cook out at my daughters house. Burgers, Corn on the cob, slaw, potato salad, etc... And my daughter made a killer chocolate fudge cake.
Had all the food I love but shouldn't eat. But I figured what the heck, it's fathers day so I'll splurge. One day won't hurt to much. Plus I dominated my 10 year old grandson in a squirt gun battle. A great time was had by all.
Hope all is well with you and yours. Give your wife my best. God bless you my Brother in Christ.
Yep, this toby he/she should fit in good with all the rest of the "Ignoramuses! A lot of these posts are not even worth replying to. They don't know how to comprehend anything and carry on a conversation! They get on the defensive of every word you write !
I don't get on much at all either or bother to reply to some of these post.

Glad to hear you are doing good, and hope for good days ahead for us all.

Good day

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550094 Jun 23, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a rhetorical question in as much as I was using it to demonstrate that the USA isn't as secular as it could be. Otherwise they wouldn't have that motto.
You say that Americans want Christianity, yet how much Christianity do they need until they stop wanting it?
Will they stop when the laws of the bible have been mandated and legislated into society's laws?
Will they stop when blasphemy becomes a crime and freedom of speech is consigned to the vaults of history?
You're making a big deal out of nothing.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#550095 Jun 23, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what Luke's version of the story says: it paints a picture of a Jesus who knew exactly why he was being crucified.
Contrast that with Mark's version which tells it differently:
Jesus doesn't say a word until he's on the cross and he cries out "Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?". This is a Jesus who doesn't know what's going on and who wants to know why God has left him like this. It's a Jesus full of despair and that's how he dies.
In Mark's story (which is largely recognised as the first gospel), Jesus does not tell God to forgive his killers. Jesus has been rejected by everyone. Betrayed by one of his own and denied three times by his closest follower. He was mocked by the priests, rejected by the Jews and condemned by the Romans. Even those being crucified with him, mocked Jesus. At the end, Jesus is in agony and despair and he's unsure of the reasons why he has to die.
This is what Mark portrayed - a lost and abandoned Jesus. It's not for nothing that what Jesus said on the cross has come to be known as the "Cry of Dereliction"
All-in-all, quite contradictory to Jesus' death scene in Luke.
Here we see a Jesus who has no need to ask God why he's been forsaken. This Jesus knows the reason he must die and he spends his dying moments showing more concern for others than for himself.
Rather than uttering a cry of despairing hopelessness ("Why have you forsaken me?"), in Luke, Jesus prays to God and says "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit". This is not the forsaken, abandoned and confused Jesus of Mark, rather, Luke tells us about but a Jesus who knows full well why he has to die and and is fully aware of the reasons why he is suffering so.
What do you expect? It is only a fairytale
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#550096 Jun 23, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, truth is truth n facts is facts. If u believe in Santa, it ain't my business lovely sis <3
Having problems? Y ou act like your ON something !
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#550097 Jun 23, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 16:17-18.
17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
Ephesians 4:27.
27 Neither give place to the devil.
2nd Timothy 3:1-4.
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2nd Timothy 3:13.
13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
_______
There's your answer. Is that clear enough for you to understand, or do I need to dumb it down to your level?
You confuse us with the hated in your fairy tale

Let go of this hate, and be happy again

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#550098 Jun 23, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you expect? It is only a fairytale
You think it's a fairy tale but you sit here and debate it?

O_o

Do you debate Santa with the same passion?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#550099 Jun 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You think it's a fairy tale but you sit here and debate it?
O_o
Do you debate Santa with the same passion?
I do not debate it
it is a fairy tale
But you are right,
some here still make that mistake
Debating is wrong as it suggests their something to debate about

Have a good laugh instead

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#550100 Jun 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your concession is noted and accepted.
I didn't concede anything except that you are an imbecile incapable of intelligent thought.

Thank you for that demonstration of Christian deceit.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#550101 Jun 23, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not debate it
it is a fairy tale
But you are right,
some here still make that mistake
Debating is wrong as it suggests their something to debate about
Have a good laugh instead
You don't know enough to debate anything--Liars don't know
how to do anything but LIE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 2 min TRUMP WINNERS 23
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 8 min Buck Crick 583
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 17 min Elerby 162
The Future of Politics in America 18 min Buck Crick 251
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Gods r Delusions ... 665,376
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 33 min RiversideRedneck 88,225
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min RiversideRedneck 977,371
More from around the web