|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I had my popcorn out and everything, it was quite the show.
God bless the men in white coats that took away his computer...

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>A dorky young kid by himself with a dazed and confused look on his face spouting recycled Atheist bumpersticker-like sayings! It's perfect for you!

LOL
I've got one for you, it's your level of intelligence times ten!
www.zap2it.com/news/pictures/zap-quirky-tv-ki...

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Get HL to order you a T-shirt saying :)
How nice of you!
I would love a shirt with a big smile on it!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
AWW come on!! LAZY?
Well you said Christians say this on a regular basis---so I thought it was like everyday occurence and it wouldn't take you long to find one---!!!! Or was that another LIE you tell ????
She didn't say all Christians, dude. She said some.

And she's right. "JustResults" was one of them, I think. Always with the threat of buring in hell, that one was.

Too many ignorant Christians do that, it makes them look stupid and forces the atheists to comment on the scary chicken on a stick thing.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never argue...
:o
LOL

I didn't say you argue specifically. It was a general statement pertaining to topix.
I do find the concept of finding truth here a tad amusing tho.
Any popcorn left?

^_^

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so you're a mindless literal reader?

Shakespeare, et al, never appealed to you?
Your bible says to murder certain individuals.

No matter what, murder is uncalled for and immoral.

Saying there's a meaning behind the murder doesn't change the fact that it's murder.

So you would kill people just because the bible says to and gives you an excuse as well?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So God is unknown to you and you can't look for what you don't know is there.
Got it.
Show the evidence.

That's the solution.

Within probability theory http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/477... , http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~r-ash/BPT.html , absence of evidence is evidence of absence. Just like when you go to look for your keys on a table and they aren't there, that absence of evidence is certainly evidence of absence.

It has to do with relative probabilities and relative likelihoods.

When something is looked for and not found in any given situation the probability or likelihood of it not being there goes up and the likelihood or probability for what is not found - to be found - in that situation goes down. That probability for evidence to be found when looked for - and it isn't found - adds to the probability of no evidence being found.

That doesn't mean there isn't evidence to be found, which would dismiss claims of absence(of evidence), only that, there are decreasing chances or probabilities in finding evidences. It becomes highly unlikely.

So, not finding your keys(absence of evidence) on the table is certainly evidence of absence.

Absence of evidence, is evidence against a hypothesis that claims something to be where there is no evidence found to support it and means no evidence being.

Absence of *proof* is not *proof* of absence. Evidence and proof being two different meanings, and I tend to think that's where the difficulty arises.

There is no scientific evidence of the deity or the "supernatural"(an essentially meaningless word) hypotheses, and until that evidence is discovered, that is evidence of absence. When evidence is not found supporting a hypothesis, that is evidence against the hypothesis, and that can only be rectified by finding evidence that supports the hypothesis. Your personal anecdotal evidences or another's anecdotal evidences do not qualify as evidence for your deity hypothesis, no matter how convincing it is to you.

Christianity has been claiming the evidence for their deity is "all around us", "everywhere", "you just have to look", etc...

Show that evidence.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
She didn't say all Christians, dude. She said some.
And she's right. "JustResults" was one of them, I think. Always with the threat of buring in hell, that one was.
Too many ignorant Christians do that, it makes them look stupid and forces the atheists to comment on the scary chicken on a stick thing.
LOL

She/he said that SOME Christians say this on a regular basis---right?? She can not proove this. She LIES....

There is no Christian on here that has that Authority to condemn anyone to the Lake of Fire. No one. I have never said that and a true Christian won't say that.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never argue...
:o
I wouldn't call lying arguing either.

You know I'm always here for you, bud.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
But they didn't know they were there before they were found and verified and labeled as such.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So they did't exist until they were discovered, according to you.
That's odd...
That isn't what I said, but hey, nice try at a straw man.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I didn't say you argue specifically. It was a general statement pertaining to topix.
I do find the concept of finding truth here a tad amusing tho.
Any popcorn left?
^_^
No, damn Lacez ate it all watching Adam flail about while he was being drug away.

But there is sammiches!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying there's a meaning behind the murder doesn't change the fact that it's murder.
So you would kill people just because the bible says to and gives you an excuse as well?
You're taking one word of an entire chapter and demanding an explanation for it. That's a little odd, doncha think?

Of course there's only one meaning to the word, but there's a bigger meaning hidden in the chapter.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The teapot orbiting the sun thing again...
siiigh
What evidence is there to support that?
Only the claim, just like your deity.

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You make several valid points. However, I don't think one can blame a book for the stupidity of humans. You like Stephen King right? Would you blame the book if someone decided to take It literally, dress up as a Clown, hide in a sewer and stab children? Religion is a disease and people are cruel but can we realistically put all the blame in a book? Just some thoughts I think is all.

<3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
Show the evidence.
That's the solution.
All known evidence indicates that matter is incapable of creating itself.

All evidence suggests that matter is not eternal.

All evidence indicates that inorganic matter is incapable of generating life.

All evidence indicates that no strictly material object has moral sensitivity.

All evidence indicates that objects characterized by design have been produced by an intelligent designer.

There's evidence for God.

Now how about your teapot orbiting the sun? I assume you have NO evidence for that, so it's moot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
She/he said that SOME Christians say this on a regular basis---right?? She can not proove this. She LIES....
There is no Christian on here that has that Authority to condemn anyone to the Lake of Fire. No one. I have never said that and a true Christian won't say that.
No, no, no... She didn't say anything about authority, just that some Christians DO post that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't call lying arguing either.
You know I'm always here for you, bud.
Hey, thanks CJ.

Are you implying that I lie?

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Show the evidence.
That's the solution.
Within probability theory http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/477... , http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~r-ash/BPT.html , absence of evidence is evidence of absence. Just like when you go to look for your keys on a table and they aren't there, that absence of evidence is certainly evidence of absence.
It has to do with relative probabilities and relative likelihoods.
When something is looked for and not found in any given situation the probability or likelihood of it not being there goes up and the likelihood or probability for what is not found - to be found - in that situation goes down. That probability for evidence to be found when looked for - and it isn't found - adds to the probability of no evidence being found.
That doesn't mean there isn't evidence to be found, which would dismiss claims of absence(of evidence), only that, there are decreasing chances or probabilities in finding evidences. It becomes highly unlikely.
So, not finding your keys(absence of evidence) on the table is certainly evidence of absence.
Absence of evidence, is evidence against a hypothesis that claims something to be where there is no evidence found to support it and means no evidence being.
Absence of *proof* is not *proof* of absence. Evidence and proof being two different meanings, and I tend to think that's where the difficulty arises.
There is no scientific evidence of the deity or the "supernatural"(an essentially meaningless word) hypotheses, and until that evidence is discovered, that is evidence of absence. When evidence is not found supporting a hypothesis, that is evidence against the hypothesis, and that can only be rectified by finding evidence that supports the hypothesis. Your personal anecdotal evidences or another's anecdotal evidences do not qualify as evidence for your deity hypothesis, no matter how convincing it is to you.
Christianity has been claiming the evidence for their deity is "all around us", "everywhere", "you just have to look", etc...
Show that evidence.
Can you say all that real fast 20 times?? Go look in the mirror. Walk through a forest and stare at the sky. There's your *evidence**
:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
scaritual wrote:

That isn't what I said, but hey, nice try at a straw man.
Maybe not in that particular quote, but the whole "absence of evidence is evidence of ansence" fits my post just fine.

Because with line of reasoning, aleins don't exist. Period. Because we have no evidence for them.

And a few hundred years ago, DNA didn't exist. Period. Because we had no evidence of it.

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, damn Lacez ate it all watching Adam flail about while he was being drug away.
But there is sammiches!
Yay! I love sammiches! Adam got dragged away? Was he frothing at the mouth? I'm sorry I missed it!
What's on the sammiches?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 526,381 - 526,400 of598,808
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

397 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min June VanDerMark 530,339
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Hidingfromyou 717,096
How to know if you're a REAL Miami Heat fan 15 min Senecus 4
My wife wants to have sex with her brother! (Dec '12) 16 min andet1987 24
Best smooth chamber jazz in the world 20 min Senecus 8
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 31 min andet1987 3,887
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 39 min Aura Mytha 223,285
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 255,757
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr UidiotRaceMAkeWorldpeace 171,518
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••