“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549611 Jun 22, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I didn't say you argue specifically. It was a general statement pertaining to topix.
I do find the concept of finding truth here a tad amusing tho.
Any popcorn left?
^_^
No, damn Lacez ate it all watching Adam flail about while he was being drug away.

But there is sammiches!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549612 Jun 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible says to murder certain individuals.
No matter what, murder is uncalled for and immoral.
Saying there's a meaning behind the murder doesn't change the fact that it's murder.
So you would kill people just because the bible says to and gives you an excuse as well?
You're taking one word of an entire chapter and demanding an explanation for it. That's a little odd, doncha think?

Of course there's only one meaning to the word, but there's a bigger meaning hidden in the chapter.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#549613 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The teapot orbiting the sun thing again...
siiigh
What evidence is there to support that?
Only the claim, just like your deity.

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#549614 Jun 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible says to murder certain individuals.
No matter what, murder is uncalled for and immoral.
Saying there's a meaning behind the murder doesn't change the fact that it's murder.
So you would kill people just because the bible says to and gives you an excuse as well?
You make several valid points. However, I don't think one can blame a book for the stupidity of humans. You like Stephen King right? Would you blame the book if someone decided to take It literally, dress up as a Clown, hide in a sewer and stab children? Religion is a disease and people are cruel but can we realistically put all the blame in a book? Just some thoughts I think is all.

<3

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549615 Jun 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Show the evidence.
That's the solution.
All known evidence indicates that matter is incapable of creating itself.

All evidence suggests that matter is not eternal.

All evidence indicates that inorganic matter is incapable of generating life.

All evidence indicates that no strictly material object has moral sensitivity.

All evidence indicates that objects characterized by design have been produced by an intelligent designer.

There's evidence for God.

Now how about your teapot orbiting the sun? I assume you have NO evidence for that, so it's moot.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549616 Jun 22, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
She/he said that SOME Christians say this on a regular basis---right?? She can not proove this. She LIES....
There is no Christian on here that has that Authority to condemn anyone to the Lake of Fire. No one. I have never said that and a true Christian won't say that.
No, no, no... She didn't say anything about authority, just that some Christians DO post that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549617 Jun 22, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't call lying arguing either.
You know I'm always here for you, bud.
Hey, thanks CJ.

Are you implying that I lie?

Earth

#549618 Jun 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Show the evidence.
That's the solution.
Within probability theory http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/477... , http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~r-ash/BPT.html , absence of evidence is evidence of absence. Just like when you go to look for your keys on a table and they aren't there, that absence of evidence is certainly evidence of absence.
It has to do with relative probabilities and relative likelihoods.
When something is looked for and not found in any given situation the probability or likelihood of it not being there goes up and the likelihood or probability for what is not found - to be found - in that situation goes down. That probability for evidence to be found when looked for - and it isn't found - adds to the probability of no evidence being found.
That doesn't mean there isn't evidence to be found, which would dismiss claims of absence(of evidence), only that, there are decreasing chances or probabilities in finding evidences. It becomes highly unlikely.
So, not finding your keys(absence of evidence) on the table is certainly evidence of absence.
Absence of evidence, is evidence against a hypothesis that claims something to be where there is no evidence found to support it and means no evidence being.
Absence of *proof* is not *proof* of absence. Evidence and proof being two different meanings, and I tend to think that's where the difficulty arises.
There is no scientific evidence of the deity or the "supernatural"(an essentially meaningless word) hypotheses, and until that evidence is discovered, that is evidence of absence. When evidence is not found supporting a hypothesis, that is evidence against the hypothesis, and that can only be rectified by finding evidence that supports the hypothesis. Your personal anecdotal evidences or another's anecdotal evidences do not qualify as evidence for your deity hypothesis, no matter how convincing it is to you.
Christianity has been claiming the evidence for their deity is "all around us", "everywhere", "you just have to look", etc...
Show that evidence.
Can you say all that real fast 20 times?? Go look in the mirror. Walk through a forest and stare at the sky. There's your *evidence**
:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549619 Jun 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
scaritual wrote:

That isn't what I said, but hey, nice try at a straw man.
Maybe not in that particular quote, but the whole "absence of evidence is evidence of ansence" fits my post just fine.

Because with line of reasoning, aleins don't exist. Period. Because we have no evidence for them.

And a few hundred years ago, DNA didn't exist. Period. Because we had no evidence of it.

Earth

#549620 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, damn Lacez ate it all watching Adam flail about while he was being drug away.
But there is sammiches!
Yay! I love sammiches! Adam got dragged away? Was he frothing at the mouth? I'm sorry I missed it!
What's on the sammiches?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#549621 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

Absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence, it's only evidence of ignorance.
You certainly supply a good share of that.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#549622 Jun 22, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you say all that real fast 20 times?? Go look in the mirror. Walk through a forest and stare at the sky. There's your *evidence**
Evidence of?

hahaa.
Ches Jurist

Columbus, OH

#549623 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, thanks CJ.
Are you implying that I lie?
Of course not!

I never imply things.

Earth

#549625 Jun 22, 2013
I like teapots. Love em actually. Especially orbiting ones. It's funny, this place used to upset me. Now it's like awesome n funny as!!

Long Beach, CA

#549626 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
'Cuz he's telling you what you want to hear instead of the turth?
O_o
You should stop using nasty words.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#549627 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya, and the springy thingy, the one that goes down the stairs, what's it called?
I think his name was Jeremy. I could have done that over and over again but he didn't want to play anymore.

Long Beach, CA

#549629 Jun 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But whether its your lack of intelligence or integrity makes no difference to me at this point. I've wasted all the time I'm gonna waste on it.
Wanna bet?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#549630 Jun 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
But you premise wrong. Any genocide in the bible is a result or wars.
I see.

So genocide is perfectly acceptable when it occurs because of warfare?

In any event, let's not forget that the god of the bible instigated these wars by instructing his followers to go and take land that didn't belong to them.
trifecta1 wrote:
Nowhere in the bible YHWH say murder gays or adulterers or non believers or rebellious kids. Where in the bible it say that?
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.(Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.-- Deuteronomy 21:18-21
trifecta1 wrote:
What would be better is if you stop fooling yourself that you actually can convince yourself that this whole existence is a accident. That kind of honesty to yourself would be a big step forward for you.
Throughout history, science has provided us with explanations for thousands of mysteries. Everyone of those mysteries has not involved magic.

The likelihood of human life on this planet being engineered by advanced alien beings is still more realistic than your belief of a giant cobra and lotus flower growing from Vishnu's navel.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#549631 Jun 22, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
I could have put it in a paragraph about this...

...big.

But, it's RiversideRedneck that I was trying to impart the concept to, and he doesn't do well with short and to the point explanations.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#549632 Jun 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>That was really good. And so true. Both with it being obvious whi those who have no empathy are and why it is so important we don't let ourselves fall victim to that. I'd rather care too much than too little. Very moving and powerful story. Thanks for sharing it
(T) Peace
Your welcome---yes , we do fall victim to this very thing----

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min It aint necessari... 763,238
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min NEWS-FLASH 174,981
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 26 min Uzi 37,611
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 29 min Ratloder 119,176
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min June VanDerMark 554,500
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr yon 4,129
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 39,139
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr_Zorderz 263,333
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 13 hr NATHAN 176

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE