Why Should Jesus Love Me?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#549724 Jun 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god changes its mind all through the bible. And it remade itself between testaments. Plus, we're teaching it now. It learned that slavery was wrong from us.
<quoted text>
Agreed. There is no reason to believe that any of us will be surviving death.
<quoted text>
Disagree.
"Seems to me that Christians worship the incredible shrinking god. I mean at one time it was supposedly capable of flinging thousands of billions of galaxies into existence with a mere thought. By the time of Noah, it was reduced to flooding an insignificant speck in the cosmos.
"By the time of Moses, its best trick was moving a tiny portion of a minor sea aside for a short while. By the time of Jesus, it has to send a delegate on its behalf who leaves behind only rumors that he was able to turn water into another beverage, or render himself extra buoyant.
"Now it counts as a miracle if a water stain grows mold that kind of looks like a bearded face which could be claimed to resemble this supposed delegate. How much more pathetic can this god get? How do Christians manage to sing praises of its glory and greatness without feeling like fools--or at best, like new parents gushing over their toddler's ability to make a pee." – Kronk
Atheist is not known for making any sense! In fact, atheist don't have any sense. Educated idiots.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#549725 Jun 22, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>I shudder to think. Here, we are mostly secular as well.
I'm extremely happy that the US has hogged most of the religious nuts.
There aren't many I've encountered in Canada.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#549726 Jun 22, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I can not be responsible for what others say on here--
There were also celtics in Jesus days also, that EXCLAIMED the 'Fire and Brimstone" preaching.
A TRUE Christian is one that believes that Jesus Christ died for our sins.(I think this has been said many times to you) and we do have the AUTHORITY to say we BELIEVE in Jesus Christ, BUT we must mean this and truly be born again . We still do not have the AUTHORITY to say anyone is Condemed---only God has that Authority!~
No , the Bible does not say that we will be waiting in line at the pearly gates. It says:
"Many will say to me 'Lord, Lord and I will say "I do not KNOW you--meaning they did NOT truly BELIEVE in Jesus Christ, they didn't know Jesus Christ ,thus, HE did not know them either.
The ones that don't believe in Jesus will not enter.(no one knows how God will handle those that don't believe--but the Bible says---For God so loved the world , that He gave His only begotten Son, and whosoever BELIEVETH in Him, shall have Everlasting Life".
That is the ONLY way.
The only way to get to this Santa Claus?
the take the story to seriously
It is only fiction, you know.

Montreal

#549727 Jun 22, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>Yay!

Lu
JuicyLu
Luciana
Luci
LuLu

Pick one :D

Gracias
Merci Beaucop
Obrigado

Ty A

<3
Obladi oblada life goes on, brah?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#549728 Jun 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a buffoon.
Whatever suits your fancy there mr. law--less

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549729 Jun 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Well all that commanding didn't seem to work out too well...everyone is still here!
Well...accept for Lawest...where did he go?
He was Lawyerless.

HA!

Montreal

#549730 Jun 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Your god changes its mind all through the bible. And it remade itself between testaments. Plus, we're teaching it now. It learned that slavery was wrong from us.

simplyput wrote, "We (Christian's) future is secure and eternal!"

Agreed. There is no reason to believe that any of us will be surviving death.

simplyput wrote, "You can not make GOD weaker"

Disagree.

"Seems to me that Christians worship the incredible shrinking god. I mean at one time it was supposedly capable of flinging thousands of billions of galaxies into existence with a mere thought. By the time of Noah, it was reduced to flooding an insignificant speck in the cosmos.

"By the time of Moses, its best trick was moving a tiny portion of a minor sea aside for a short while. By the time of Jesus, it has to send a delegate on its behalf who leaves behind only rumors that he was able to turn water into another beverage, or render himself extra buoyant.

"Now it counts as a miracle if a water stain grows mold that kind of looks like a bearded face which could be claimed to resemble this supposed delegate. How much more pathetic can this god get? How do Christians manage to sing praises of its glory and greatness without feeling like fools--or at best, like new parents gushing over their toddler's ability to make a pee." – Kronk
Where's that from, a show, a book, something else?

It's fantastically said!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549731 Jun 22, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
71 virgins not 72 you dumb butt, you are not 72nd virgin at all,
they are in heaven and wait withe their female parts for arrival man like Adam and all moslems from guatanamo bay
you belong to gay virgins on this earth not 71 heaven virgins
So go blow yourself up or something and get your 71 male virgins.

Have a blast!

Montreal

#549732 Jun 22, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist is not known for making any sense! In fact, atheist don't have any sense. Educated idiots.
At least we can form sentences.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#549733 Jun 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I wouldn't blame the book.
But then again, I wouldn't claim the book is always right and good.
I wouldn't put it that way either. However, what if I told you that the reason it's the most misunderstood and fought over book on the planet, is that it's completely written in code?
A code that only less than 200,000 people could understand? What would you say?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549734 Jun 22, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
That was really good until you said "the Christian god is god". The statement almost does not fit with the rest of what you wrote. Just my observation.
Lol
I didn't say the Christian god is God.

I said that in America, a predominantly Christian country, when "God" is put on the money (by Christians), it's easy to figure out that they're meaning the Christian god, God.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#549735 Jun 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Obladi oblada life goes on, brah?
Ye bra!
Spot on!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549736 Jun 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<< making RR roast beef sammwich >>
.. do you want a beer, sweetheart ??..
You have to ask?

Woman, you know me good enough by now.

*smacks ass*

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#549737 Jun 22, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever suits your fancy there mr. law--less
Well, with such a groundless rebuttal I will have to say the Jury's out.

Buffoon it is and buffoon you shall be.

Have a lovely day :)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#549738 Jun 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I bet you I make more than Catcher
I bet you don't, unless you're dealing narcotics.
Skombolis wrote:
You seem to think being a doctor or a lawyer in and of itself earns you any respect
Actually, I know it - first hand. That's why I can be open about what my profession was. You choose to conceal your work. I'm sure you're ashamed of it. Are you an AM/PM mini-market clerk? They work all night. Or maybe you restock the shelves at Wal-Mart. Or walk a beat patrolling a car lot at night.

You seem to think that you can earn respect by blowing all of the opportunities that you were born with. You can't, and you don't. What do you deserve respect for? Your many personal failures? Your character? Your mind? Your heart? Your personality? Your contribution to the thread? Your contribution to your neighborhood and country?

Why haven't you been a better person? What's so hard about that?
Skombolis wrote:
opiates lead to physical addiction
You are as tenaciously committed to your ignorance as is possible, yet another reason not to respect you. Who do you think respects a person that prefers hunkering down in a pointless and indefensible position over harmony, self-improvement, and moving on?
Skombolis wrote:
I make about 80k a year.
No you don't. You work the night shift at an entry level job. That's probably about fifteen bucks an hour -$30,000 for fifty forty-hour weeks a year.

It's rough on cons, isn't it? They never let you forget.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#549739 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So go blow yourself up or something and get your 71 male virgins.
Have a blast!
I concur. Indubitably.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549740 Jun 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Try flying without a machine.
Try flying in a machine without it being designed first.

THAT was the point.

Get up off the damn floor, you're embarrassing.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#549741 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say the Christian god is God.
I said that in America, a predominantly Christian country, when "God" is put on the money (by Christians), it's easy to figure out that they're meaning the Christian god, God.
Yeah you did. Lol.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#549742 Jun 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Dr Shrink wrote:
sperm spectoze fluids ... mexican chicken arena
<quoted text>
.. it's kinda like when you told Dr. Shrink you wanted to hear his heart so he blew a fart. Enunciate correctly or learn to speak Shrinkease ..
Speak Shrink rap?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549743 Jun 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Right from the Catholic website:
"It is important to make the distinction between prayer addressed to God the Father and prayer having access to the Father.
Jesus taught us to pray directly to the Father when he gave us the Our Father (Matt. 6:9). But we should understand that our prayers have access to the Father only through Jesus, for he proclaimed, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me" (John 14:6)."
Sooooo Catholics DO pray directly to God, unless Jesus isn't God.
Soooo You don't believe Jesus is God ?
Uh-hmmm....

Did you understand the first paragraph?

It is important to make the distinction between prayer addressed to God the Father ...

...got it?...

...and prayer having access to the Father.

What's the distinction? Take a guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min VIKING 48,204
Ladies, what is the sexual act you most enjoy? 43 min Rosa 10
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 58 min Toby 105,563
America needs to DIE!!! This is why.... (Mar '10) 1 hr spinosaurus baryonyx 5
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr spinosaurus baryonyx 14
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,627
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr VIKING 971,601
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Rosesz 646,377
More from around the web