Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#549772 Jun 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>the word of God in the bible, the sky moon universe people plants animals tornadoes hurricanes--it goes on and on.
I already tell you science is regressing in the knowledge of how this universe and people form. And reason is pointing to a designer.
No believe me? go find the latest theory on how the universe came to be or even how the human was formed, and I will show you why mankind is going further away from having any scientific explanation that can hold up under scrutiny.
I like this post, but have another way of explaining the science. That without the list of everything sought by science, it is us humans who cannot go beyond the theories because everything in creation is and always will be greater than us. And yet... without God... there would be nothing to call science which is the search. In short... nothing created to learn from.
God is Great!

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#549773 Jun 22, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Ye bra!
.. before the end of the month, could you please mail that sports bra I inadvertently left under your bed ??..

.. either that or give it to Alice, OK ??..

.. OH !! I still have G_O_D's jock strap that I was lucky enough to catch after your marriage. Did you want me to wash it before mailing ??..

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#549774 Jun 22, 2013
http://weheartit.com/entry/18529759

I can't join you as often due to illness in the family, but blowing through as always.
God is Great... and God Bless.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#549775 Jun 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Serah, you misread again.
I said Trifecta's Jesus was a liar.
Your Jesus doesn't sound like a liar.
JESUS is JESUS Lacez ~ HE came and they killed HIM in the most horrid fashion ...... there is no need to mock HIM, and you are mocking HIM as there is only one JESUS.... It is those who call themselves Christians that have to take stock of themselves and see if their behaviour is that of JESUS or if GOD would be proud of their actions.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#549777 Jun 22, 2013
_Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Should we also learn to speak Lesbosleeze, by licking 1000 stamps a day.
.. Alice will have a bone for you in a bit ..

.. now, sit. Good boy! Can you beg? Roll over? Quit panting ..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#549779 Jun 22, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I like this post, but have another way of explaining the science. That without the list of everything sought by science, it is us humans who cannot go beyond the theories because everything in creation is and always will be greater than us. And yet... without God... there would be nothing to call science which is the search. In short... nothing created to learn from.
God is Great!
true thing. it was always curious to me...why mankind a created being thinks it can use its laws of reason physics and other laws that put limits on mankind--that they could use those same laws to apply to a God that exist beyond those laws. very curious.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#549780 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Now imagine this is 300 years ago and we knew absolutely nothing of DNA. That means we have no evidence for DNA, therefore IANS' rant dictates that DNA is non-existant because we have no evidence of it...
You should consider giving up the word "therefore." It's pretty contemptible to put words into my mouth, too.

Evidence for DNA is ancient. It was long known that there was a heritable factor being innoculated into the mother by the father. That would turn out to be DNA.

The rest has been refining our understanding of just what that factor is. Evidence has been piling up since Gregor Mendel demonstrated the presence of dominant and recessive genes being transmitted through generations of living things. They woul dturn out to be made of DNA.

DNA wasn't a surprise, just its location and structure, after which it was named. That's why the abbreviation "DNA" had to wait for the mid-twentieth century to be coined. But the scientists who found it were looking for it - racing to be first, in fact.

So whatchu you talkin''bout absence of evidence here?

And speaking of which, where's the analogous evidence for a god? You should have found your god before we found the DNA.

Fennario

#549781 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS wrote:
Absence of evidence
IS
Evidence of absence.
So that means DNA was non-existant before it was discovered, "evidence of absence".
Did you try to rebut my argument, or is this that now?

You're not very good at this.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#549783 Jun 22, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't that Nicholas dude chop kids' heads off? Trust the Christians to embrace it.
No not that bad. In the Dutch version Sinterklaas or Sint Nicolaas has black men "Pietermannen" of Piets as asistants that threaten the children with the rod if they do not obey. As we sing: Wie zoet is krijgt lekkers, wie stout is de roe.(The sweet will get candy, the bad the rod)

It goes back to a Bishop of Myra whose body they snatched from Turkey because the city of Bari needed the remains of a holy man for religious tourism which was the big money maker in those days.

But the story as told now is an adaptation of the God Wodan riding on his eight legged horse Sleipnir and throwing presents through the "Chimney". The Germanics had big community houses with in the centre a fireplace and a hole in the roof for the smoke to escape.

The idea of punishment was brought in to get the children used to the Christian concepts of reward and punishment for not obeying. And the bible says that fathers who love their children will not spare the rod.

Luckily as people get more civilized they drop more and more of the Christians ideas. Of course the more brute, unfeeling people will hold on longest, because the fairy tale gives them a justification for their unloving behaviour.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#549784 Jun 22, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I can not be responsible for what others say on here--
There were also celtics in Jesus days also, that EXCLAIMED the 'Fire and Brimstone" preaching.
A TRUE Christian is one that believes that Jesus Christ died for our sins.(I think this has been said many times to you) and we do have the AUTHORITY to say we BELIEVE in Jesus Christ, BUT we must mean this and truly be born again . We still do not have the AUTHORITY to say anyone is Condemed---only God has that Authority!~
No , the Bible does not say that we will be waiting in line at the pearly gates. It says:
"Many will say to me 'Lord, Lord and I will say "I do not KNOW you--meaning they did NOT truly BELIEVE in Jesus Christ, they didn't know Jesus Christ ,thus, HE did not know them either.
The ones that don't believe in Jesus will not enter.(no one knows how God will handle those that don't believe--but the Bible says---For God so loved the world , that He gave His only begotten Son, and whosoever BELIEVETH in Him, shall have Everlasting Life".
That is the ONLY way.
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones that don't believe in Jesus will not enter.
None shall pass.

Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#549786 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We were discussing your misunderstand of Psalm 137:9, yes?
"How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones against the rock,"
The little ones are children, Jesus uses the term in the fairy tale as well

Such fantasies are really sickening.

Fennario

#549788 Jun 22, 2013
IANS: "absence of expected evidence is most assuredly evidence of absence"
Skombolis wrote:
It also would mean there can't possibly be other forms of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.
No it wouldn't.
Skombolis wrote:
He said he doesn't rule out the possibility of creator gods but would require evidence. That statement would rule out the possibility
Nope again.
Skombolis wrote:
It will be interesting to see how he tries to spin this one
What did you think? Pretty frigging fascinating, huh?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549789 Jun 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You should consider giving up the word "therefore." It's pretty contemptible to put words into my mouth, too.
Evidence for DNA is ancient. It was long known that there was a heritable factor being innoculated into the mother by the father. That would turn out to be DNA.
The rest has been refining our understanding of just what that factor is. Evidence has been piling up since Gregor Mendel demonstrated the presence of dominant and recessive genes being transmitted through generations of living things. They woul dturn out to be made of DNA.
DNA wasn't a surprise, just its location and structure, after which it was named. That's why the abbreviation "DNA" had to wait for the mid-twentieth century to be coined. But the scientists who found it were looking for it - racing to be first, in fact.
So whatchu you talkin''bout absence of evidence here?
And speaking of which, where's the analogous evidence for a god? You should have found your god before we found the DNA.
Evidence of DNA isn't ancient. Mendel, a monk with the RCC, by the way, first discovered genetics in 1857. That's not ancient.

Besides, you cleverly dodged my point, which refuted yours.

You say that absence of evidence IS evidence of absence - YOUR words.

Then before DNA was discovered (no evidence of it), it was absent, according to you.

O_o

Fennario

#549790 Jun 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
LeLe owes you no answer.
Your Inquisition style insistence that LeLe declare a specific belief is none of your business should LeLe decide not to answer you.
You do not decide if LeLe is a Christian or not a Christian, based upon a "key phrase" type answer you've decided should be supplied to you.
This is the thing about religious freedom in the United States and elsewhere in the world as far as it applies. If people want to discuss their belief or lack of belief it's up to the individual, and they may do that - or not - at any time, however, the mind is the most secure and free place there is.
A religious/deity belief or lack of religious/deity belief retains the most power and relevance within the mind.
Here's an idea; Why don't you go to the Amazon and find a small tribe to browbeat, castigate and possibly even torture into saying to you what satisfies your need to hear people say the believe in the Jesus! in exactly the way you want them to say it.
Then you'll have accomplished what satisfies your ego.
You buffoonish Christian putz.
Nicely articulated, my spherical friend, my ophthalmologic amigo.

Buffoon is a wonderful word, like tomfool, merry andrew, clown prince, and harlequin.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549791 Jun 22, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The little ones are children, Jesus uses the term in the fairy tale as well
Such fantasies are really sickening.
Perhaps you missed the rest of the post and are also being willfully ignorant and stubborn.

Here, just in case....

This is not condoning the murder of children, this is the Psalmist sharing his opinion and hatred for his enemy.

The context of Psalm 137 is the Babylonian captivity. The Psalmist speaks of the captors tormenting the people of God, a promise to remember Jerusalem, and a curse against the captors.

Nowhere does it say that God approves of the PsalmistÂ’s request or that he fulfilled it.

Psalms express the feelings of the writer, not theological rules for behavior.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#549792 Jun 22, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it really necessary for you to call anyone Buffoon, Baffoon,
Well, I guess for you it is necessary---carry on.
No, no, no.

Like this.

You're a buffoon.

Carrion
mike

AOL

#549793 Jun 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Today I reach toward Heaven and ask you, and depend on you, to be the source of victory in my workplace and my life. May your banner wave over my work and life so that you might receive glory. I know that you bring love and joy into my life, and I am a better and richer person because of it. Help me to share your love and life with others. I love you. In Jesus name, amen.
Prime time with God
Pray without ceasing, someday you will be able to "praise"?

Just kidding, your prayers will never get answered.

Fennario

#549794 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I know what they'll do.
"You just don't understand."
lol
So you've heard that often enough to expect it now, have you?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549795 Jun 22, 2013
Ashelah wrote:

Didn't that Nicholas dude chop kids' heads off? Trust the Christians to embrace it.
Why would you write such a terrible thing?!
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#549796 Jun 22, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones that don't believe in Jesus will not enter.
Those who do not believe the fairy tale will net enter the fantasy heaven

It makes sense

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Michael 703,498
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 12 min Tunisia allah 87,068
Trump Is Playing Mr. Grinch with Renewable Energy 17 min Poster Child for ... 21
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 57 min Big Al 996,398
Kaput! 58 min Merkel Ist Kaput 2
Mexico's """"REAL"""" PROBLEM!!!!! 59 min Merkel Ist Kaput 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,910