|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Ashelah wrote:
This is hilarious !! LOL Hey Skom! You rock! Oh loll.
Hey Ashelah!

Glad I could bring you a smile or a chuckle

:)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a mental disconnect that astounds.
Please, everyone, get your children inoculated against confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance.
Character assassination?!

Scar, I'm shocked!

But seriously, IANS said that absence of evidence IS evidence of absence.

You got that?

--- Absence of evidence IS evidence of absence ---

Ok..

Now imagine this is 300 years ago and we knew absolutely nothing of DNA. That means we have no evidence for DNA, therefore IANS' rant dictates that DNA is non-existant because we have no evidence of it...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
What was DNA called before evidence of DNA was found?
<Scientist> "We're looking for the double helix stuff that we haven't found and we don't know what it is yet"
IANS wrote:

Absence of evidence

IS

Evidence of absence.

So that means DNA was non-existant before it was discovered, "evidence of absence".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
My money says Visa on it.
Indeed.

Gotta love that digital money

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ashelah!
Glad I could bring you a smile or a chuckle
You always do :)
I'm glad of your gladness!

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah ~ sometimes I can't work out why G posts what he does.... but I have told him that and I guess he can't work out why I post what I do either!
Such is Topix.
:-)

How r things down south? Is it cold enough for you?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You or I walking on water is illogical.
Jesus walking on water is not illogical.
First century comic books are a hoot, eh?

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>~~~helpless laughter~~~--lol some of you writers are fun--ny aye!lol
Lol! Hey Tri ma brother :D

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>?? but you have all that is needed to survive and flourish on this planet. air to breathe food to eat water to drink balance of seasons. sure it not perfect, but why you concerned about other planets and you don't have to live there? you live on planet earth. And you not lacking on planet earth. So why you can't be just thankful to YHWH for health and strength food shelter and clothing and the fact that you wake up this morning. Why you can't be thankful to YHWH for that instead of consciously decide that it all happen to you by chance and happenstance?
Why not be thankful to Regis Philbin for it? He had as much to do with it as those four letters you keep bragging about.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
You always do :)
I'm glad of your gladness!

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning Ya'll
Skombolis wrote:
I have always said that if I had large amounts of money I would spend my time on setting up my own charities. The first would be for abused animals. The second would be for hungry and/0r abused women and children. And the third would be long-term rehabs and job placement.
I just received this t-mail
"From Sister Becky,
Greetings you Dear I am Mrs Becky Benson an aging widow suffering from long time illness. I have some funds I inherited from my late husband, the sum of US$4.5,000,000.00 and I needed a very honest and God fearing Christian that will use the fund for God's work, I found your profile from the internet and decided to contact you. Please if you would be able to use the funds for the Lord's work, My Dear Repiy here is my email address: sisterbeckybenson@yahoo.de
i await your urgent reply.
your Sister In Christ.
Sister Becky Benson,"
~SIGH
I have seen lower scams. Such as like when a child dies from a stray bullet and scumbags set up bogus foundations online in their name to get the money. Or people were engaging in profiteering and numerous scams after 9-11. But this one is close to the top of the list
I mean look who their target is. People that wish they had the funds to help others
It is very seldom i actually would wish something bad on someone. Not in actuality. Life can be hard enough
But I have a hard time coming up with anything these moral parasites add to the world. At some point they will probably find someone gullible enough to engage in this which will mean giving them their account and routing numbers of their bank because the people will claim they need to make the deposit and then empty the account of claim they need to set up a new account through some weird bank which for some mysterious reason costs thousands to open but the person figures no big deal because look at all the money about to be put in it
Please pray for not only the potential victims but for the souls of the people who engage in these scams
(T) Peace
I deplore abuse of every kind and most especially when so called Christians are doing it. That said ... I would help the babies and humans and then reach out to the poor animals.

Truth, caught your (((TeeHee))) Haha
You all have a good weekend.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS wrote:
Absence of evidence
IS
Evidence of absence.
So that means DNA was non-existant before it was discovered, "evidence of absence".
It also would mean there can't possibly be other forms of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. Yet he said he believes that is possible despite the fact that statement ruling it out

He said he doesn't rule out the possibility of creator gods but would require evidence. That statement would rule out the possibility

He contradicts himself quite often. Then tries to latch onto some technicality or bizarre explanation that defies common sense in order to deny what he originally said

And like you showed, going backwards one could take any number of things that there was once "absent of evidence" that obviously did not mean it was "evidence of absence"

But this is what happens if someone is so fixated on promoting a bigoted agenda.

It will be interesting to see how he tries to spin this one

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

LMbO!!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the dumbest poster in this room
I guarantee you that's the truth!
Pay attention,
LeLe
Do you believe the Bible?
LeLe do you trust in Jesus Christ for salvation?
For four years she let everyone think she did by quoting the Bible and talking about salvation through Christ and OSAS. Why won't she answer now I wonder?
LeLe owes you no answer.

Your Inquisition style insistence that LeLe declare a specific belief is none of your business should LeLe decide not to answer you.

You do not decide if LeLe is a Christian or not a Christian, based upon a "key phrase" type answer you've decided should be supplied to you.

This is the thing about religious freedom in the United States and elsewhere in the world as far as it applies. If people want to discuss their belief or lack of belief it's up to the individual, and they may do that - or not - at any time, however, the mind is the most secure and free place there is.

A religious/deity belief or lack of religious/deity belief retains the most power and relevance within the mind.

Here's an idea; Why don't you go to the Amazon and find a small tribe to browbeat, castigate and possibly even torture into saying to you what satisfies your need to hear people say the believe in the Jesus! in exactly the way you want them to say it.

Then you'll have accomplished what satisfies your ego.

You buffoonish Christian putz.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. by chance, do you like T-Shirts? If so, what do you think of this one ??..
http://ornatethinking.blogspot.com/2012/01/pa ...
.. you're still a buffoon ..
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
More slurs.
.. you forgot to mention Skom's post wherein his slurs towards me include hypocrite, liar and whiner. Oh, there's much more ..

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

.. please PM me your physical address so I can send you a buffoon T-Shirt. Wear it proud !!..

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that your god supposedly impregnated a woman with itself.
Never did I say there was anything physical about it.
YOU are the one who said I said that, yet you never provided us with a quote to back up your claim.
And so, you put words into my mouth, and so you lied.
You can deny it all you want, but it's all on public record within the pages of this thread that you did lie, along with all the other lies you've come up with along the way.
Christianity; The religion in which the deity turns itself human just to sacrifice itself to itself to save his own creations from the wrath of itself.

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. like Hitler, there are a few Christian buffoons on this thread who would sentence atheists, gays or, anyone who does not believe as they do, to a blazing furnace ..
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTION SNIPPED**You are so ignorant.
.. was that really necessary ??..
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that Christians have the authority to SENTENCE
ANYONE to a blazing furnance??? You make your own blazing furnace.
.. no, Christians do not have the authority to sentence anyone to a blazing furnace. So, why, on a regular basis, do some buffoons on this thread condemn Alice, Lasez, Wilderide and a few others to a Lake Of Fire ??..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

What people share about their beliefs is their business if they have kept it their business and done the same with others

However when they choose to engage and especially when they choose to attack the beliefs of others, then their beliefs become fair game

If someone for years used Bible verses to argue with people, is it not fair to ask them if they actually believe the Bible?

If someone for years spoke about salvation through Christ and constantly tells people they do not represent him well, is it not fair to ask them if they even believe in Jesus?

These are very broad questions. And questions spurred on not only by attacking the beliefs of others but many, many curiously contradictory posts such as beliefs found nowhere in the Bible, referring to Jesus as "their Lord" or saying things like "your God" when talking to Christians

This is a matter of honesty not belief

These are very fair questions considering the circumstances

But the atheists circling the wagons do not surprise me. They could care less if the person is lying. In fact they have a vested interest to help the person maintain their lie so the person's eventual "defection" from the faith will be considered a "victory" for them. And lying for one another is just reflex for the same handful of group trolls anyway

Here is a piece of advice..no charge!

When you are stupid enough to paint yourself into a corner with lies, don't have people even less intelligent than you try to get you out of it. It just makes it look worse! If someone picked their name that makes no sense just because it rhymed, that is generally a decent indicator you may just want to wait until the paint dries:)

Just saying
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

Thomas Jefferson
"I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus. I have little doubt that our whole country will soon be rallied to the unity of our creator."
http://www.faithofourfathers.net/jefferson.ht...
h
(T) Peace
Compassion is in the Eyes

It was a bitter, cold evening in Norther Virginia, many years ago.

The old man's beard was glazed by the winter's frost , while he waited for a ride across the river. The wait seemed endless. His body became numb and stiff from the frigid north wind.

He heard the faint , steady rythm of approaching hooves galloping along the frozen path. Anxiously , he watched as several horsemen rounded the bend. He let the first one pass by without an effort to get his attention, then another passed by also, and another he let pass.

Finally, as the last rider neared the spot where the old man sat like a snow statue, the old man caught the rider's eye and said 'Sir, would you mind giving an old man a ride to the other side? There doesn't appear to be a passageway by foot.

Reigning his horse, the rider replied,'Sure thing, Hop aboard'
Seeing the old man was unable to lift his half-frozen body from the ground, the horseman dismounted and helped the old man onto the horse.

As they neared the tiny cottage, the horseman's curosity caused him to inquire-'Sir, you let several other rider's pass you by , without making an effort to secure a ride. I am curious why, on such a cold night , you waited and asked the last rider. What if I had refused and left you there?

The old man lowered himself slowly down from the horse, looked the rider straight in the eyes, and replied ' I've been around these here parts for some time, I reckon I know people pretty good. "The old-timer continued, "I looked into their eyes of the other riders and immediately saw there was no concern for my situation, and it would have been useless even to ask them for a ride. "But when I looked into your eyes, kindness and compassion were evident. I knew then and there, that your gentle spirit would welcome the opportunity to give me assistance in my time of need.

Those heart-warming comments touched the horseman deeply. "I am most grateful for what you have said, he told the old man. May I never get too busy in my own affairs, that I fail to respond to the needs of others with kindness and compassion."

With that, Thomas Jefferson turned his horse around and made his way back to the White House.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. by chance, do you like T-Shirts? If so, what do you think of this one ??..
http://ornatethinking.blogspot.com/2012/01/pa ...
.. you're still a buffoon ..
<quoted text>
.. you forgot to mention Skom's post wherein his slurs towards me include hypocrite, liar and whiner. Oh, there's much more ..
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
.. please PM me your physical address so I can send you a buffoon T-Shirt. Wear it proud !!..
But you are a hypocrite, you have shown that time and time again

You do play the victim

And you have lied

Now according to the very standard you set, I am only making observations. Unlike you, I have repeatedly given the reasons for my claims and it has been based on your actions

You on the other hand simply resort to insults when you can't think of anything to say. You ignore any points or questions in an entire post and just respond by posting links to a t-shirt or regurgitating what some other troll used for an insult before.

You call me a buffoon for pointing out the truth about you. Truth that you have been unable to contest. Truth such as your entire reason for coming to this room was dishonest and an attempt to psychoanalyze my posts yet you whine when someone looks at the motives behind yours. You constantly insult yet complain when others do. In fact you do everything that you complain others do. And you demand others hold friends accountable as you not only say nothing but often defend it to the point where you find yourself as a gay women saying things like there is nothing wrong with telling someone they are a "filthy gay liar" as long as the person saying it thinks it is true

You have exposed yourself. You have nothing left but group troll ad-hominems. I still have the truth

You claimed i lied about you. I asked you to explain when. No answer

As I expected. Perhaps you were busy looking up t-shirts? You sure do bring a lot to the table:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

516 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
bless the jews (Nov '08) 7 min shalom 6,777
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min danetoo 115,537
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min June VanDerMark 533,306
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 16 min SAN 4,889
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Buck Crick 224,536
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 19 min Garry Ackerman 36,547
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min sweets2360 721,952
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 256,840
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••