Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549653 Jun 22, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick. Somebody find Polymath. Might as well get Buck too.
Naw, we don't do circle jerks.

That's an atheist thing.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#549654 Jun 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally believe people are not quite accurate when they say we are a secular country
Somewhere along the line the intention of what we call "separation of church and state" got very clouded
It was only meant to do two things. To ensure the government could not force a majority religion on its people so that all people would have the right to worship any faith they wanted or no faith at all. And that Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion
But this country was founded by mostly religious people and has always been essentially known as a Christian nation
Yes I understand some things like "In God We Trust" on our money was more of a knee-jerk reaction to McCarthyism but look at some of the other evidence
Pledge of Allegiance: "..one nation under GOD..."
John Adams
“We recognize no sovereign but God, and no king but Jesus!”
http://www.faithofourfathers.net/johnadams.ht...
Thomas Jefferson
"I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus. I have little doubt that our whole country will soon be rallied to the unity of our creator."
http://www.faithofourfathers.net/jefferson.ht...
James Madison
"It is the duty of every man to render to the Creator such homage. Before any man can be considered as a member of Civil Society, he must be considered as a subject of the Governor of the Universe.
http://www.faithofourfathers.net/madison.html
There is a lot more at:
http://www.faithofourfathers.net
But you get the point.
I would argue we are not a secular country
Secular definition:
Denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis: "secular buildings".
but rather we are a country founded on freedom of religion that has always been as a majority a Christian nation
(T) Peace
I agree with you.

The US is far less secular than say, we in the UK are.

Americans can lay claim to being secular in their constitution, however out on the street and in society at large - Christianity has worked its way into the nooks and crannies of everyday life.

Here in the UK, we may have a state religion but it's dying on its feet and we only keep it for ceremonial pomp and other silliness.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549657 Jun 22, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
For fun its a wonderful toy..........
For every girl and boy..........
OH! So close!

Can we do it again?

LMAO!

http://youtu.be/f5BSyFjKGkg...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549659 Jun 22, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.. I'm speechless..
Poor Adam din't have that trait...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549660 Jun 22, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
allah cought him to heaven and now he sleep with 71 virgin and uriante on old mama like Annie and all of you
praise Muhamad, his path narrow like rasor blade,his goats,dessert and allah racing around like dry sahara wind
There's 72...

They are virgins....

They have "pear shaped" breasts....

But nowhere does it say those 72 virgins with breasts are women.

D'oH!

It'll be 72 ugly virgin fat guys like you with man bewbies.

HA HA HA!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#549661 Jun 22, 2013
There are atheists on this thread!?!?

HAHAHA HA HA HA!!

You know religious folks, lack of religion does not mean GODless aye. It just means awake :D

Hey Catcher? I've been contributing to lots of Humanitarian causes. I'm completely repentant. C'mon! Por favor?

Watford, UK

#549663 Jun 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
The most recent scientific research shows the soul/psyche/self exist. And it exist outside of the body. There is no scientific evidence that the awareness eventually dies.

I don't believe that awareness dies. That is the soul and it lives forever.
You have links to the scientific research that shows the soul not only exists but does so outside of the human body?
trifecta1 wrote:
If you want to believe that the soul eventually dies, then you free to to believe that. But your original question leading up to this discussion was what is the soul? Science have defined it for you, and now you know scientifically speaking the soul/self/psyche exists.
Something that doesn't exist can't die.

Science defines the soul? I'd love to see that link and how the scientific method was applied to reach this defining moment.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#549664 Jun 22, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
TAKE TIME
searching Google word apologize in different languages
anyway you are still dumb and low IQ uneducated BS
I wasn't addressing you. You make me seick. I'm not one to gamble but I would bet that my IQ is higher than yours. Aren't you a shrink? Bring on some IQ tests. Go on. Or just talk shite and keep offending women. Your choice.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#549665 Jun 22, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
She/he said that SOME Christians say this on a regular basis---right?? She can not proove this. She LIES....
There is no Christian on here that has that Authority to condemn anyone to the Lake of Fire. No one. I have never said that and a true Christian won't say that.
DR Reality has the inside scoop...he has a list of hell-goers.

My question is...who has the authority to decide who is a "true" Christian? Is there a list for that too?

If the story is true there are many who think they are "true" Christians. Matter of fact...I have never met a person that calls themselves "Christian" that never said they weren't a "true" Christian.

The Bible says...many will show up in line waiting to get through those pearly gates...yet we are told...many will be turned away. They probably ALL thought they were "true" Christians.

Watford, UK

#549666 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think America is a secular country?
Equality for all INCLUDES religion, dude.
It's secular in its constitution but out there in society at large, it's not so secular.

Outside of the Islamic nations, America is the most religious of countries. The Christian mania you see in the states exceeds by far what you'll see in the UK.

The reality is that Christianity is far more influential in America than it is here. Your politicians can't even recite a few lines of speech without mentioning God. Science (particularly stem-cell research) suffers at the hands of US Christianity.

You don't have a state religion in name. However, what you do have are no end of Christians pulling strings and interfering with anything they think compromises their beliefs.

"In God We Trust"? Which god would that be then?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549667 Jun 22, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam is more rich from all of you dumb butts
sleeping with 71 virgins in heaven make only his d.....look like PAIN BRUSH FOR OUTSIDE PICK FENCES
and you,what is with all of you together
poor scums gays,zoophilia,masturbators,id iot,atheist a...les, and liars
your life is worse from life of poor Adam
Who is it 72 virgins, anyway? Who wants that?!

Why not 72 slutty broads that know what the hell they're doing!

Watford, UK

#549668 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OH, that. Yes, I saw that. I didn't realize he split after that.
That was some funny shit.
"IN THE NAME OF JESUS I COMMAND YOU TO LEAVE!"
"I SAID..."
LMAO!
LOL

I'd forgotten about that.

It was funny to watch.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#549669 Jun 22, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not---everyone else does!
Can you prove that everyone else does?

If not...according to you that would make you a liar.

Not everyone on this thread calls others liars.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#549670 Jun 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove that everyone else does?
If not...according to you that would make you a liar.
Not everyone on this thread calls others liars.
Hi Annie :D

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#549672 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I COMMAND YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS TO LEAVE THIS THREAD!!!
-Adam, ad infinitum.
Then the white coats dragged him away lol
LOL

Well all that commanding didn't seem to work out too well...everyone is still here!

Well...accept for Lawest...where did he go?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#549673 Jun 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's secular in its constitution but out there in society at large, it's not so secular.
Outside of the Islamic nations, America is the most religious of countries. The Christian mania you see in the states exceeds by far what you'll see in the UK.
The reality is that Christianity is far more influential in America than it is here. Your politicians can't even recite a few lines of speech without mentioning God. Science (particularly stem-cell research) suffers at the hands of US Christianity.
You don't have a state religion in name. However, what you do have are no end of Christians pulling strings and interfering with anything they think compromises their beliefs.
I shudder to think. Here, we are mostly secular as well.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549674 Jun 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:

The nation is defined by its people, not its Goverment.
Ya, and all Americans have freedom of religion. In Islamic countries, they don't.

Imagine that.
Why do you suppose it's more influential?

Because that's what the people want.
God. Just God.

I don't know why y'all always bring that up. The Christian god is God.

When a Christian nation puts "God" on their money, why would you think it's be any other god?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#549675 Jun 22, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Annie :D
Hey LuLu!

I just thought I would drop in...leave my mark...probably slip out the back door soon.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#549676 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is it 72 virgins, anyway? Who wants that?!
Why not 72 slutty broads that know what the hell they're doing!
Slutty broads? Is that a special Christian term for women??

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#549678 Jun 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Well all that commanding didn't seem to work out too well...everyone is still here!
Well...accept for Lawest...where did he go?
Darn..."except for Lawest".

sigh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Clearwater 110,954
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 36 min Retribution 303
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 58 min Tony 6,234
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr PadMark 675,944
Apr 30 President Trump: "News Media Twists Fac... 4 hr Wtf 1
News Trump invites Philippines Duterteto Washington,... 6 hr discocrisco 1
News AP Explains: Can chronic meth use lead to psych... 6 hr discocrisco 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr AussieBobby 286,315
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr Devil number 666 982,120
More from around the web