Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#549361 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, actually I can.
God created time, logic, laws of physics, etc. He is not bound by those laws like we are.
Try this.
He can and can't make a rock so heavy He can and can't lift.
Does he still make rocks or did he outsource that to the Volcano god?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#549362 Jun 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Not to those who believe in slavery.
<quoted text> You'll likely never get the distinction in conceptualization here.
In that line of conceptual reasoning, there are those who believe slavery is acceptable, and those who don't have that belief and speak out about it it. Just like theists and atheists do concerning the deities of theists.
<quoted text> But that isn't what was pointed out in the example.
Be sure to serve that straw man some extra red herring.
I never stated that slavery didn't exist. What I did say and do, was compare your belief that I shouldn't say anything about your deity belief(which is the issue here)since I don't have your belief that deities exist, to the advocates of slavery who believed it was acceptable to enslave people, and the abolitionist who didn't have that belief.
The entire point is you believe that since I don't have your belief, I shouldn't say anything about it, and the only way I should be able to say something about it is if I believe as you do.
I should just be quiet about it, no?
You're suggesting only theists should be able to speak about deity beliefs, yes?
It's all about your belief, and that you believe your belief should be granted a special status, beyond discussion or criticism - and that if people don't have a belief in your belief, we just shouldn't comment about it at all.
Your position is ridiculous.
I no have any problem with you speaking out against the Christian religion. I speak out against your religion claim of atheism, but I don't believe you're an atheist.

Show me a billboard on the internet where a bunch of atheists go speak out against Islam.

Islam reveres the Torah/Old Testament--so how come you can't find a billboard with atheists speaking out against Islam if we use your same example of slavery? I mean, many atheists are in europe where Islam is a stronghold.

So how come it so easy to find atheists on the internet everywhere talking out against Christianity, but not Islam?

If your logic applies, then it should apply to Islam as well.

But it does not. Because atheists like you swarm the Christian billboards not because you believe the Christian God is a myth, but because you think He is real. But you not think that way about the God of Islam is real, that the reason you won't find atheists arguing against Islam like they do Christianity.

You not no atheist and your position is ridiculous.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#549363 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean. I still have a rusty ole shoe from Damian. I'll always treasure it.
Awwww....

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#549364 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes, God holds humans responsible for their actions because he didn't make us mindless robots. He gave us the power of choice.
Your premise is incredibly flawed.
Either the creator has the power to make the universe exactly as it wants, or it does not have that power.

If it does, everything that it creates is according to what it wants. Everything that happens is according to what it wants.

There is nothing that it can want that it does not get.

Your creator god then must want most human souls to be tortured for an eternity. You either have an explanation for that, or not. If you do, what is it? If you do not, are you fine being in the dark about the reason?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#549365 Jun 21, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it odd that you would say that God’s presence is not everywhere.
Well God's presence is everywhere. God's presence is in your neighborhood burger king. But when people go there they go there to find God or to eat a burger?

Discussions debates and arguments is what to me this billboard is for. People want to find God? go read the bible pray and go to church. YHWH not writing on the billboard. So if they come here to find a Deity they in the wrong spot LOL.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#549366 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I'm partially dyslexic too, so I can misspell all I wAnt.
Especially if it's intentional.
LOL, intentional misspelling simply agitates the good eye …..can't say that I notice a dyslexics misspelling unless it's called to attention.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#549367 Jun 21, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ actually is everwhere.
Stop calling me "writer"..
I am not concerned if others see me in Him..
I am more concerned others DO NOT see Him in yourself and many
others claiming to be "In Christ"..You know.. the ego trippers.
You concerned about the wrong thing writer. Jesus Christ not writing on this billboard, you won't find Him here.

Someone tell you Jesus writing on the billboard? you believe them? lol.

All is here is people. I no see Jesus Christ in no one here. I no expect to see Jesus Christ in no one here. Everyone here to add their own views and opinions about religions and philosophies, so read the views, add your views and relax.

You not responsible for no Christian. Jesus never tell you to go be concerned with no other Christian. Concern with your own self and leave it at that. What this about your "concerned" about who Jesus see Jesus in who?? Who gave you that job? be concerned with yourself and your faith and stop watch other Christian people.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549368 Jun 21, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Does he still make rocks or did he outsource that to the Volcano god?
No, I think He just has the Mexicans do it now.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#549369 Jun 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
So your god is nonsensical?
That's all you're saying.
You can't get around this problem by saying that your deity isn't bound by the laws of logic.
Having the power to get anything you want necessarily means that you always get exactly what you want.
Good point, and yeah, in that type of deity construct, the only way a deity could not get exactly what it wanted was to want something, then against its desire for what it wanted, decide to want something different, and it'd still get just exactly what it wanted(the desire). The deity always gets its desire.

Always.

In the Abrahamic/Christian deity construct, it's said the deity wants people to choose it of their own free will, the flip side of that is it wants people to not choose it of their own free will, too.

It rewards one group, the group that chooses it, with "the Heaven!".

It wants that.

It rewards the other group, the group that didn't choose it, with "the Hell!"

It wants that, too.

Nothing ever happens that it doesn't want to happen.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#549370 Jun 21, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Going to end tonight on this note:
If this poster is what is accepted by the believers here
on wsjlm..
----------and those who question the faith are
considered their enemies..
Then..WSJLM..
you are sicker than I thought..
:(
???

but wait a minute...

Accept me?? I never know I was on the billboard for acceptance?? that newsflash to me.

You think I here for a popularity contest writer??? oy!lol!!

The only entity I concerned about accepting me is Jesus Christ. No Christian here can't help me when my soul meet Jesus.

So a Christian accepting, or not accepting me on this billboard I no know what that have to do with the price of beans. LOL.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#549371 Jun 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well God's presence is everywhere. God's presence is in your neighborhood burger king. But when people go there they go there to find God or to eat a burger?
Discussions debates and arguments is what to me this billboard is for. People want to find God? go read the bible pray and go to church. YHWH not writing on the billboard. So if they come here to find a Deity they in the wrong spot LOL.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>?? oy!LOL.
Jesus Christ is not on this billboard.
You never know where someone is at this moment…or why.

Embrace the grey.

#549372 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
True, but our science is unable to test either claim that you & I have about God and whether or not He exists.
And what do you employ when you claim God is not real?
Fact or faith?
I employ logical argument to do that.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#549373 Jun 21, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the evidence of God?
the word of God in the bible, the sky moon universe people plants animals tornadoes hurricanes--it goes on and on.

I already tell you science is regressing in the knowledge of how this universe and people form. And reason is pointing to a designer.

No believe me? go find the latest theory on how the universe came to be or even how the human was formed, and I will show you why mankind is going further away from having any scientific explanation that can hold up under scrutiny.

Embrace the grey.

#549374 Jun 21, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
You see no flaws in what you say?
Nope, not even after three readings.

There are things I could elaborate on, but nothing I need to change.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#549375 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think He just has the Mexicans do it now.
You mean Jesus and his amicas?

Embrace the grey.

#549376 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know of no Christians that share your belief. In fact, quite the opposite.
As I've said, you have a choice, a choice I believe was given to you, and all of us, by God.
Here's a skeptical, rational version if what I mean.
You jump off a high building, the law of gravity will take care of you, not God. You have a choice to not jump off that building. You might say,“God is love" all the way down and hope that God will save you. And if not, then people like you will blame God for your death, saying "God should've saved that man, he's evil!" But you're still going to get splattered when you hit the bottom.
Speaking within the reality you've presented, God had the power to save that life, but chose not to. God didn't want to save that life.

Just after wanting to save that life, all it would take is a blink or whatever for an all powerful god to get exactly what it wants. God is ultimately responsible for that death, even if the person who jumps is also responsible.

Responsibility is not a ball to be passed around. It falls to every agent that makes decisions. An all powerful uncreated creator god holds more responsibility for the goings on in the universe than anything it created. It is either in complete control, or is not in complete control. Having the power puts you in complete control.

If you are all powerful, and know that something is going to happen that you don't want to happen, you change what is going to happen. To not change it is to decide that you want it to happen. You can't be all powerful and not get exactly what you want. You can't be responsible for creating the universe and not responsible for what happens in that universe, more so than any agent in that universe, because they have less power in it.

Embrace the grey.

#549377 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
According to you, sure. But by what process have you come to this conclusion? What tests have you performed? Was it peer reviewed? Was it published?
The definition of Responsibility has been published.

Go.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The fact is that God created you in His image,
Please don't insult me.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
and that doesn't mean a physical appearance.
I'm better in every way, except for the power part.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If means He's given you the power to choose to be responsible for yourself or to not he responsible.
Responsibility is not voluntary in the sense I am using the word. It's cause and effect.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't know where you get off thinking that you alone can dictate what God can cm and can't do.
Well, I'm no ancient ignorant superstitious goat herder, if that's what you mean.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
His creation learning right from wrong.
I dunno if you're a parent, but have you ever heard of a parent allowing their kids to do anything they want?
Parents are not all powerful.

You can't make analogies across the divide between natural and super natural.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, not particularly. He's a pompous ass.
One biblically ignorant person quoting another.
Go figure.
I was short on adjectives so I thought I'd search the two I was going to use (capricious and petty), and fantastically, the top result was a Dawkins quote about God.

Embrace the grey.

#549379 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh, so you didn't make a conscious watch.
Or at least you put limitations on it...
God didn't do that with us.
Myth.

Embrace the grey.

#549380 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes, actually I can.
God created time, logic, laws of physics, etc. He is not bound by those laws like we are.
Try this.
He can and can't make a rock so heavy He can and can't lift.
Mythical nonsense.

Embrace the grey.

#549381 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah... The omnipotence paradox.
Indeed...
Can God create a rock He can't lift....
Can He make a spherical triangle....
Etc....
Saying that omnipotence requires the ability to do logically impossible things is stupid
God can't turn truth into a lie.
God is able to to do all that He wants to do.
But even an all-powerful being cannot do what is impossible by definition.
Hahahaha.

"But even an all-powerful being cannot do what is impossible by definition."

What do you think I've been arguing?

God not being able to turn truth into a lie is a limitation of the logical law of non contradiction.

Hey Scar, he's a hoot, ain't he?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Rosa_Winkel 230,151
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min waaasssuuup 751,400
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 13 min golgo90 566
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min waaasssuuup 549,013
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 23 min EdmondWA 96,154
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 25 min ANY DAY NOW 181
If u cought MOM blowing Dad...... (Aug '09) 33 min turkey_78 10
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min Dr_Zorderz 261,735
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 hr hornybottom 1,075

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE