Chaumette wrote:
DA []D [][]V[][]D
That was pretty clever.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#549424 Jun 22, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>With this logic everyone in Fox's book of Martyrs is Christian. Get a clue. Actions speak louder than words.
Right, so you aren't a Christian because you promote hate, specifically towards people with a different sexuality from you.

Montreal

#549425 Jun 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>It would be better if you cut yourself free from the part of your belief system that makes you admire genocide, killing gays, adulterers, witches, non-believers, rebellious kids, etc.

In fact, why don't you tear out any pages from your bible that advocate killing?

That would be a big step forward.
It wouldn't be a book anymore...it'd be a leaflet.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549426 Jun 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Exactly as I indicated. The double standard is offensive.
How about the idea that taking "God" off of the currency is promoting atheism or attacking Christianity? Do you see a double standard there?
That IS an attack on Christianity.

I think it's funny as hell that atheist's soft sensibilities are hurt by seeing "In God We Trust" on their money.

Get over it already, it's not illegal and it's not gonna change.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549427 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm pleased to hear that. And thank you for saying so. You are a credit to the Christian contingent here.
Unfortunately for us nonbelievers, it has been the people that don't approve of us that have defined us for the dominant culture for centuries. That works out about the same as letting the Muslims define the Christians and the Christians the Muslims, or the capitalists defining the Communists and the Communists the capitalists. It's always pretty negative.
You've probably heard liberals defining conservatives and conservatives defining liberals. If that was all you heard,... well, you get the picture.
Atheists haven't had a voice until the last generation or so. Most Christians learned about us from the church, or from somebody who learned about us there. You probably know that we are about the despised demographic apart from pedophiles. We don't deserve that.
But thanks for taking some of what you believe from an atheist. People like Trifecta are committed to their one-sided caricatures of god hating, self-centered, licentious, irresponsible people living in open rebellion of a self-evident god and lying to themselves in order to live immoderate and dissolute lives without accountability. You've seen it all, too.
What's unjust about that is that however kind, decent, just, generous, loyal, courageous or industrious you may be, in the eyes of millions and millions and millions of Americans, if you call yourself an atheist, you are seen as infected by demons and therefore both untrustworthy and fit for hell. Why should somebody like any of the skeptic posters here have to choose between concealing their beliefs and dealing with that stigma?
Whatever. You're still gonna burn in the sun...

:)

Montreal

#549428 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>Good to see that. That was an excellent observation and so well put.

Here's a little more from the same woman :

“But I also have to quarrel with the very notion that a person’s arguments can be dismissed because of anger. Smugly accusing someone of anger doesn’t do anything to discount the content of the argument. I’d argue that people who see vile behavior in the name of religion and don’t get angry are the ones who have something wrong with them.”- Amanda Marcotte

“If you heard a marketer brag that he targets people who’ve been diagnosed with terminal illnesses because they’re easier targets, or a guy say he likes to cruise funerals because grieving women are easier to pick up, you’d think that person had no morals at all. But targeting people in moments of weakness to sell them religion is regarded as a normal and even virtuous strategy for proselytizing.”- Amanda Marcotte

“Atheist are routinely asked how people will know not to rape and murder without religion telling them not to do it, especially a religion that backs up the orders with threats of hell. Believers, listen to me carefully when I say this: When you use this argument, you terrify atheists. We hear you saying that the only thing standing between you and Ted Bundy is a flimsy belief in a supernatural being made up by pre-literate people trying to figure out where the rain came from. This is not very reassuring if you’re trying to argue from a position of moral superiority.”- Amanda Marcotte
I like the second and third.
How's life treating you anyway?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549429 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>
You could get it if it weren't so dry and irrelevant to you. The ideas are simple, the language awkward. But I love that stuff, and the words get easier with continued exposure.
But did you get the significance of the story? There are two alternating forms to many species: A -> B -> A. Our gametes - sperm and egg - can be thought of as a population of living organisms living within what we consider people, and utilizing us as vectors to perpetuate their kind. If they could think, and if we were less intelligent and more plantlike, that IS what they would think about us. To me, that's a pretty interesting way to conceptualize things, and a little unsettling.
OK, that makes more sense, why didn't you just say that in the first post?

Or did you?

*shrugs*

Ya ever watch the movie Osmosis Jones? It's a stupid cartoon/live action movie but the way they depict the inside of a human as a city is cool.

Montreal

#549430 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You're being illogical.

In what logical way could an all powerful, omnipotent, universe-creating being make a spherical triangle?

Go.
Ah, so your god isn't all powerful then?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549431 Jun 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ding...DIng...Ding
And it is up to each person to choose.....Can't get any more clearer
LOL, apparently I can. I still don't think he was pickin up what I was puttin down....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549432 Jun 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:

You know what?
I'm not going to try and get you to see straight about Hitler anymore because we've already gone through this.
Others and I have presented evidence that he has a Christian.
Your rebuttal is simply "I don't like what he did and therefore he isn't a Christian."
Evidence vs opinion.
Bullshit. I've offered words directly from Hitler, that aren't part of a campaign trail or public ass-kissing speech, that whow he hated Christians and hated Christianity even more.

You seek to demonize Christianity by claiming Hitler was a Christian his whole life, and if one CHristian can do that, then they all can.

You're flat out wrong.
The fact that you think opinion wins shows you are delusional on the subject, extremely so.
See, it's like something I've heard from someone a while ago:
"You can't teach a Creationist how old the Earth is."
Why? You're thinking that your opinion wins.

Imagine that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549433 Jun 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there is.
No one can agree on what their Jesus's values, morals, ideals, and so on, are.
It's just like their god.
Not one person can agree on their god'a personality, or anything else for that matter.
Illogical.

That's like saying there's "your Constitution" and "my Constitution" because we interpret it differently....

O_o

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#549434 Jun 22, 2013
Bongo wrote:
Scripture long ago plainly says, without faith you cannot please God.
Without faith, there is no reason to trust scripture. Faith comes first.

Why don't the scriptures inspire trust or at least a little awe even in those lacking faith in them? If they are divine in origin, shouldn't they? Shouldn't several passages written by a god be impressive even to skeptics? Can you give me a biblical passage that you think would inspire an unbeliever?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549435 Jun 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
But I thought you said we couldn't comprehend what he could do?
So you're putting limits on your own god.
I'm not putting limits on God, I can't. I'm following scripture. there are plenty of examples in the bible that teach us God's limits.

Here's a few

"It is impossible for God to lie" Heb. 6:18.

“God cannot be tempted by evil" Js. 1:12.

"If we are faithless, God remains faithful -- for he cannot deny himself” 2 Tim. 2:13.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549436 Jun 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who gave limitations by saying that your god couldn't do certain things.
God can't lie.

Those aren't my words...

But what logical way could God make a spherical triangle?

Go.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#549437 Jun 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, so you aren't a Christian because you promote hate, specifically towards people with a different sexuality from you.
More lies. The hate is all yours. Just spent some time with a family member that doesn't share my pov on this but unlike you will be honest. Don't hate him, you or anyone but doesn't mean I will not stand for what I believe in. You are as blind as people that think because the ceo of a private business dared to exercise his civil rights and speak his mind he promotes hate. Sad that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549438 Jun 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so your god isn't all powerful then?
It's usually evasive to answer a question with a question.......
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#549439 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Without faith, there is no reason to trust scripture. Faith comes first.
Why don't the scriptures inspire trust or at least a little awe even in those lacking faith in them? If they are divine in origin, shouldn't they? Shouldn't several passages written by a god be impressive even to skeptics? Can you give me a biblical passage that you think would inspire an unbeliever?
...God is not a man that he should lie.

Fennario

#549440 Jun 22, 2013
The double standard is offensive. How about the idea that taking "God" off of the currency is promoting atheism or attacking Christianity? Do you see a double standard there?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That IS an attack on Christianity.
You don't see a double standard at play in you? Was putting those words on the coins an attack on atheism? If so, is that OK? If not, what's the difference?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I think it's funny as hell that atheist's soft sensibilities are hurt by seeing "In God We Trust" on their money.
Do you? OK.

How would you feel about seeing "We Trust In No Gods" on the coins? Would you have "soft sensibilities" or be good with it?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Get over it already, it's not illegal and it's not gonna change.
Give up? Why? We're just getting traction. It will change when the people want it to change. They may not get to decide domestic or foreign policy, but I think that they will get to choose the national motto and how the currency appears, assuming that currency continues to be used.

Why should the Christians decide these things? Because they're the majority? What about when they're not? It's coming by about 2030

Fennario

#549441 Jun 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:
How's life treating you anyway?
Very well, thanks. Hope all is well up your way.

Fennario

#549442 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ya ever watch the movie Osmosis Jones? It's a stupid cartoon/live action movie but the way they depict the inside of a human as a city is cool.
No, I missed it. But I recognize the name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Uncle Jack 87,971
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min kent 703,650
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 52 min Redeemed Jersey P... 996,469
Why the Trump Presidency is the usual Republica... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 8
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 2 hr Big Al 223,075
Are you paying for public service? 3 hr annebonney 1
The most DOMINATE NBA Players of ALL-TIME......... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1