Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549223 Jun 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
Within your fiction, your deity tortures human souls for an eternity for the "crime" of not being a Christian.
That's a very elementary way to put it.

God doesn't torture you or send you to Hell, you do that yourself.

God doesn't make one a meth addict, they do that to themselves.

God made you in His image. You have the power to say yes or no.
That's the functional distinction that decides your soul's eternal fate. This deity isn't concerned in the least with how you behaved in life. This deity judges you on the acceptance of a single belief.
You're blaming God. Why? Do you blame God for other things that might be negative?

Does God allow disease?
Does God allow the electric chair?
Does God allow us to tear apart our homes and families?
Does God allow war?

The answer is no, those things are caused by us, by sin.
Justice doesn't even enter into it. This is exactly the kind of structure we would expect from the culture where this fiction was produced. They didn't know how to fabricate anything better than this.
That "culture" is still alive and well today. More so than it was back then.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549224 Jun 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:

We have never observed anything outside of nature, anything that isn't subject to the laws of physics, or anything that requires a super natural explanation.
So what? A few hundred years ago, we hasn't observed DNA. Does that mean it didn't exist until science was able to locate it? No. That only means DNA was invisible to our ignorant eyes and minds.
If you place your deity belief outside of testability, then there should be no evidence or argument good enough to convince you that your belief is wrong. That would mean that you have a closed mind.
No sir, I have a very open mind.

I think if you think have everything figured out, as most atheists seem to claim, you will tend to be a lot more closed minded. For example, most atheists (at least the ones here) "know" so much about everything, their minds are closed to anything new, because they think they already know everything.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#549225 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, well. My falice impresses uneducated women.
<quoted text>
Oh, I beg to differ, prufesir.
There's very little that the RCC does that I follow.
Your 'quite impressive' education is losing it's appeal...
You are a moron.

Over 90% of ALL Christian beliefs, dogma and doctrines are identical to the RCC's.

You don't even know it is that you believe.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549226 Jun 21, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:

I think that you are very mistaken. Are you now saying again that Catcher1 is not truly looking? Tell him the cupboard will only lead to cups, we all know it will…yet one day I found my 15 year old cat in my above cupboard, not expected and about gave me a heart attack ;) Just saying…..
Faith is a gift.
You know what, you have a good point.

Perhaps God wants Catcher to look in his cupboard, looking for God. Maybe he'll find something there that sharks a memory or a thought.

Good call.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#549228 Jun 21, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not right in the head, if you don’t see that….I don’t know what to tell you. I will not jump on the bandwagon and pick on someone that I can see is simply not ok.
I never said to jump on him. my point people CHOOSE to deny in the existence of evidence.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#549230 Jun 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL---LOL--that rodent on you picture is the only thing that respects you "memorex" lol.
If you were not a moron you would know the difference between rodentia and mustelids.

Yet, you "know" God's truth ?

ROFLMAO

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#549231 Jun 21, 2013

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549232 Jun 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a moron.
Over 90% of ALL Christian beliefs, dogma and doctrines are identical to the RCC's.
You don't even know it is that you believe.
Sure, pal. Sure. Apparently you're unaware of the stark differences between Catholics and Protestants.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#549233 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps God wants Catcher to look in his cupboard, looking for God. Maybe he'll find something there that sharks a memory or a thought.
Good call.
LOL - You never know……Chances are, his presence will be made known.

Ann Arbor, MI

#549234 Jun 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> I never said to jump on him. my point people CHOOSE to deny in the existence of evidence.
How do you know they have make the choice?

Ann Arbor, MI

#549236 Jun 21, 2013
Make = made

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#549237 Jun 21, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
You say right here-
"people is what Jesus Christ is concerned about"..
By your very posts regarding "people" here on wsjlm..
--you care not what Jesus Christ is concerned about..
For you are a hateful self centered fool.
Can't see any Jesus Christ in you..
- do you even ever expect anyone too??- just wondering.
?? oy!LOL.

Jesus Christ is not on this billboard. All people doing here is discussing religion and philosophy. You think anyone see Jesus in you?? then you is as naive and a idiot that these fake atheists on here.

You want to see Jesus?? go read the bible and go visit a church.

Other than that, shut you trap about Jesus Christ and write something about your belief system writer.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549238 Jun 21, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - You never know……Chances are, his presence will be made known.
I hope so.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#549240 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There you have it. Your theory of "God cannot exist" is not based on facts.
Conditional proofs are based on assumptions.
Do you know where the assumptions come from?

The Bible.

IF you believe that God did X, has Y ability, AND Z character, THEN God does not exist.

The proof is based on logic. The assumptions come from a claim. The above is an extremely simplified version. A conditional proof to disprove the claim of God from the Bible would be huge.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So you're assuming that God cannot exist.
No, the assumptions come from the claim of a God.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You don't know that.
It IS possible that all the deities (or most, anyway) are representations of the same god and we are all perceiving him differently.
Or, there's a real deity and nobody has perceived it at all, or there's no deity, so everyone that believes in them are following a pretty well understood phenomenon that's the product of human sociocultural evolution.

Also, if you consider that a possibility, how big a risk are you taking by defining this deity to the degree you are? Why even bother? Why aren't you just a Deist?

What if there is a deity, and it judges people solely on the accuracy of their deity beliefs?

What if there is a real deity who rewards only rational skeptics?

What if there is a real deity who doesn't give a shit about humans?

What if... what if... what if... what if... and I'll base my whole damn life on this WHAT IF!

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#549241 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good call.
So far, I have found cans of tuna, corn kernels, nonfat refried beans, french cut green beans, artichoke hearts, fruit salad, and peas. Also V8, Heinz catsup, miniature candy bars, crackers, sweet pickle relish, minestrone, salad dressing, Hershey's cocoa and several kinds of cookies.

No gods, but I'm in good shape for THE BIG ONE.

Should I continue to search the cupboards?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#549242 Jun 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Slavery is happening today in parts of the world. Children and Women are in slavery--Today. It exist, and is documented as existing. So slavery should be spoken out against because there is evidence it exist.
Not to those who believe in slavery.
trifecta1 wrote:
What would be ridiculous idiotic and beyond logic, is people that are talking out against slavery but they don't believe slavery exist. That would be stupid.
You'll likely never get the distinction in conceptualization here.

In that line of conceptual reasoning, there are those who believe slavery is acceptable, and those who don't have that belief and speak out about it it. Just like theists and atheists do concerning the deities of theists.
trifecta1 wrote:
What [IS]ridiculous idiotic and beyond logic is the likes of you--arguing against an entity, you don't believe exist.
Ever since you come on this thread your argument is against the existence of God--absolutely retarded and dumb if you indeed don't believe God exist.
Your example of slavery is simply--Illogical, just like your claim of being an atheist.
But that isn't what was pointed out in the example.

Be sure to serve that straw man some extra red herring.

I never stated that slavery didn't exist. What I did say and do, was compare your belief that I shouldn't say anything about your deity belief(which is the issue here)since I don't have your belief that deities exist, to the advocates of slavery who believed it was acceptable to enslave people, and the abolitionist who didn't have that belief.

The entire point is you believe that since I don't have your belief, I shouldn't say anything about it, and the only way I should be able to say something about it is if I believe as you do.

I should just be quiet about it, no?

You're suggesting only theists should be able to speak about deity beliefs, yes?

It's all about your belief, and that you believe your belief should be granted a special status, beyond discussion or criticism - and that if people don't have a belief in your belief, we just shouldn't comment about it at all.

Your position is ridiculous.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#549243 Jun 21, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks..
Clicked on a couple..
Funny..
-time flies--huh?
Nano is one heck of a randy gal, no?

Ann Arbor, MI

#549244 Jun 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>?? oy!LOL.
Jesus Christ is not on this billboard. All people doing here is discussing religion and philosophy. You think anyone see Jesus in you?? then you is as naive and a idiot that these fake atheists on here.
You want to see Jesus?? go read the bible and go visit a church.
Other than that, shut you trap about Jesus Christ and write something about your belief system writer.
I find it odd that you would say that God’s presence is not everywhere.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#549245 Jun 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't talk to it.
It'll think you like it and create even more page filler.
I usually never address Shrink.
I just felt compelled to point out the "warriors" that
embrace "him" when "he" praises them..

Although, honestly- I am startng to feel badly for that poster..
He seems lost.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549246 Jun 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:

Do you know where the assumptions come from?
The Bible.
IF you believe that God did X, has Y ability, AND Z character, THEN God does not exist.

Wait.

If you believe that God did WHAT, has WHAT ability and WHAT character?!
The proof is based on logic.
What real logic dictates that there is no God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min truth 659,007
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 37 min River Tam 71,224
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr crucifiedguy 5,101
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Spider1954 3,053
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr River Tam 974,884
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Brian_G 787
Want men to sniff my wifes dirty knickers 2 hr Awesomeash31 10
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 5 hr Fit2Serve 298
More from around the web