Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#549124 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the evidence you haven't seen about God.
Evidence of my professional work does exist, although you, RR, aren't privy to it because you don't know who I am or what I do and have done.

But tell me, where can I find evidence of a god? Is the evidence available to me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549125 Jun 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.
I claim nothing more than a well educated opinion.
A far cry form you and your fellow 'believers' pronouncements of "God Says!" and "I Know".
Well educated is your claim.

Well opinionated seems more like it.

After all, YOU have said "you know" I don't follow Jesus....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549126 Jun 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like what ?
If you say "The Bible" I will shove it up your ass.
Oh, silly.

Don't tease.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549127 Jun 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence of my professional work does exist, although you, RR, aren't privy to it because you don't know who I am or what I do and have done.
But tell me, where can I find evidence of a god? Is the evidence available to me?
Evidence of my experiences with God do exist, Catch. You aren't privy to it because you are not me and experiences cannot be directly shared.

You can find evidence of God if you spend some time, honest time, getting to know Him. Pray to Him, just talk. Explain your say, thank Him for something good that happened, ask Him why something bad happened, etc.

You can do it, if you want to.

But as long as you ignore God, He'll ignore you.

And you'll think there's no evidence.

San Francisco, CA

#549128 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence of my experiences with God do exist, Catch. You aren't privy to it because you are not me and experiences cannot be directly shared.
You can find evidence of God if you spend some time, honest time, getting to know Him. Pray to Him, just talk. Explain your say, thank Him for something good that happened, ask Him why something bad happened, etc.
You don't understan the meaning of the word "evidence".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549129 Jun 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Signs, indications.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549130 Jun 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and it's "understand", not "understan".

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#549131 Jun 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you ALL would confess that you ALL "twist" the scriptures to make it say what you want them to.... and anyone who disagrees you call fools, lost, idiots, sinners, liars, demons, etc.
That is why you have 40 THOUSAND divisions of Christianity that all call each other wrong.
Nope, it isn't so :)

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#549133 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it to be a bit presumptuous that you seem (IMO) to be saying that he is consciously denying something that he knows to be so. Where does this leave room for God and his plan? If Catcher1 honestly has not received any evidence as it pertains to him, is he in fact ignoring God, or has he simply not been given the gift of faith yet? Just as I have to question why someone would try to get another to deny an experience that has led to faith, I have to question why some feel that everyone should have had them….
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#549134 Jun 21, 2013
Today Midsummer and Full Moon.

Wish good Luck and Joy

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549135 Jun 21, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it to be a bit presumptuous that you seem (IMO) to be saying that he is consciously denying something that he knows to be so. Where does this leave room for God and his plan? If Catcher1 honestly has not received any evidence as it pertains to him, is he in fact ignoring God, or has he simply not been given the gift of faith yet? Just as I have to question why someone would try to get another to deny an experience that has led to faith, I have to question why some feel that everyone should have had them….
I believe that he has had experiences with God and he just doesn't know it.

I also believe that's why he's here...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#549136 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True, that's my point.
That anyone who believes that the people that caused the Crusades or Inquisition were instructed to do so by God are only speculating.
They felt the were following the words of your deity. They did it because that's just exactly what the deity wanted them to do, according to "the spirit". History supports that view.

That point you'd be speculating about would be whether >you< think they interpreted scripture correctly, and that either the action was deity inspired or not.

Regardless of >you< want to claim, a bunch of Christians slaughtered thousands upon millions of people over time, and they did it because they thought a deity wanted them to, or, a deity had nothing to do with it, or anything in history.

Guess what I think?

Follow the evidence.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#549137 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just speculation. You might as well be claiming that covering yourself in blue mud is the way to access your deity.

Long Beach, CA

#549138 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
Signs, indications.
Yes, but they have to be observable, objective signs and indications.

A "personal relationship" with a deity you believe exists, is not evidence of anything other than your state of mind.

Believe me, RR, i know a LOT about evidence.

I work, live and breathe in a world of evidence.

Long Beach, CA

#549139 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and it's "understand", not "understan".
I understandd.

Long Beach, CA

#549140 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's two false beliefs in a single post.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#549141 Jun 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is plenty of [evidence] the Holocaust happened in Germany.

Yet there are millions of people especially in the Arab World that even with the evidence, they don't believe the holocaust happened.

God used his creation humans to write down the evidence of His existence in the bible; and fact that this universe people plants and animals exist is enough evidence that God exist.

But just as it with those even with the evidence deny the holocaust happened, >>you<< simply deny the evidence of God.

You made a Choice, to do that. Just like the Holocaust denier made a choice to deny the holocaust, you simply made a choice to deny the existence of God.

And just like the holocaust denier have their reasons to deny the holocaust happened even though the evidence exist, you simply have your own reasons to deny God exist.

And just like no evidence will convince the holocaust denier that the holocaust happened, no evidence will convince you that God exist.

Well--after you die you will have physical evidence of God. By then your fate is Sealed.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#549142 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s your choice, and perhaps you are right…I still don’t understand the concept of - if one does not believe they are simply making a conscious effort not to.

Long Beach, CA

#549143 Jun 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>There is plenty of [evidence] the Holocaust happened in Germany.
Yet there are millions of people especially in the Arab World that even with the evidence, they don't believe the holocaust happened.
God used his creation humans to write down the evidence of His existence in the bible; and fact that this universe people plants and animals exist is enough evidence that God exist.
But just as it with those even with the evidence deny the holocaust happened, >>you<< simply deny the evidence of God.
You made a Choice, to do that. Just like the Holocaust denier made a choice to deny the holocaust, you simply made a choice to deny the existence of God.
And just like the holocaust denier have their reasons to deny the holocaust happened even though the evidence exist, you simply have your own reasons to deny God exist.
And just like no evidence will convince the holocaust denier that the holocaust happened, no evidence will convince you that God exist.
Well--after you die you will have physical evidence of God. By then your fate is Sealed.
You are a buffoon.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#549144 Jun 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a buffoon.
and you're no atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min nanoanomaly 863,905
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 24 min RiccardoFire 6,386
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 27 min RiccardoFire 40,859
The Christian Atheist debate 33 min Rosa_Winkel 1,937
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Halle Berry Sister 2,771
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 6,289
Lyrics-name the song or finish the lyrics (Feb '10) 1 hr Tom Pappas 27,083
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr disciple 599,405
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 272,403
More from around the web