Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#549050 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lots of people have died trusting medical science instead of praying to God.
Hahahaha.

You simpleton, you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549051 Jun 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
And after he lost all the support and resorted to suicide?
He still adhered to Christianity.
It is a fact.
You cannot dismiss it simply because you don't like it.
You don't see me saying that militant atheists "aren't atheists."
I accept the fact that they are and make a simple deduction that they just want to cause trouble for religious people.
Hitler said some Christian sounding things in his campaign speeches, of course he did. Bush, sr also said "No new taxes", and some people bought it.

He would have been a fool to say "I am evil and i want to destroy society and launch us into a two front war we can't win, vote for me." Atheists naively assume we can trust his campaign speeches just as we would a personal diary, but most of us know you can't trust anything a politician says in a camping.

"The heaviest blow that ever struck humanity was the coming of Christianity."

"Let it not be said that Christianity brought man the life of the soul, for that evolution was in the natural order of things."

-Adolf Hitler

What a Christian.....

Fremont, CA

#549052 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I gotcha.
"Evidence based belief is the result of a trail of logically valid thought leading from observables to conclusions."
So the evidence based belief that God is a myth, man-made, not real, etc is based on nothing; because you have no evidence to support that idea.
You're standing on your head.

Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

Fremont, CA

#549053 Jun 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>ay!lol. It is so obvious that atheists have beliefs about God(s). But to see them argue with so much passion against what is so obvious to everyone outside of their philosophical thinking, makes them get stared at like they have two heads.
I have two heads.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#549054 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, sir.
ONE more time....
"Provide this 'biblical support' of the Inquisition or the Crusades"
If you don't answer, I'll assume that you don't know and are in fact talking out of your ass.
Hey RR.....Why does it say Mooresville NC in your avatar? I thought you lived in California....

Fremont, CA

#549055 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I JUST asked you this question:
"Do you think "once a Christian, always a Christian" is true?"
And you haven't answered that one.
My answer is no.

But there are Christians on this thread who believe that once a person is saved, he or she is always saved. So you can leave the faith and still be ok, go to heaven, receive all available benefits.

Do you believe in OSAS? It was for a while a controversial issue on this thread, or so I hear.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#549056 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya.
I just looked into it, apparently, fetuses don't feel pain until 20-24 weeks.
Fetuses?
Feti?
So, IMHO, I don't see any problem with aborting a fetus which is neither sentient, nor can feel pain. But at the point where those things might be present, then it's immoral as an optional procedure, but might be moral if the mother's life was endangered, and possibly moral if the baby was predicted to be severely malformed (though that is another whole can of worms).

What I don't understand is your apparent position (correct me if I'm wrong) that a fetus is life, yet you are pro-choice. If you really believed the fetus was the equivalent of a baby, then wouldn't you be condoning murder?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#549057 Jun 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
“I always flinch in embarrassment for the believer who trots out,“Atheism is just another kind of faith,” because it’s a tacit admission that taking claims on faith is a silly thing to do. When you’ve succumbed to arguing that the opposition is just as misguided as you are, it’s time to take a step back and rethink your attitudes.”
-Amanda Marcotte
Exactly. It's an argument that throws the baby out with the bathwater.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#549058 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Please demonstrate some biblical support for the Crusades or the Inquisition.
Go.
Theological foundations for the Inquisition

"The proponents of the Inquisition (and, amazingly, apologists since the Inquisition ended in 1834), point to both Biblical and theological sources for its justification. The biblical passages most often quoted by the early Inquisitors were from Mosaic Law, in the Old Testament. This is, of course, somewhat questionable theology, as Mosaic Law regarding, say, dietary restrictions were completely ignored by the Church from the 1st century on, yet suddenly (in the 13th century), Mosaic Law seemed to be a perfectly reasonable justification for burning thousands of people at the stake! Key passages are quoted below (edited for brevity):

(From Deuteronomy 13 NIV) "If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you... and he says,'Let us follow other gods'... That prophet or dreamer must be put to death... You must purge the evil from among you.

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying,'Let us go and worship other gods'... do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him... You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone him to death... Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

If you hear it said about one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you to live in that wicked men have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray... then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. Destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock.

Gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the LORD your God. It is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt."

(From Exodus 22:18 NIV) "Do not allow a sorceress to live."

Many of the elements found in the aforementioned extracts from Mosaic Law would later be closely emulated by the Inquisition, including:

"Purging" of "prophets and dreamers" (the charge that lead to the death of Joan of Arc)
Family members in the Inquisition were encouraged to testify against each other
Putting to death heretics as an example to others
The guidance to "inquire, probe and investigate" towns that have gone astray could be a job description for later Inquisitors!
Destruction of whole towns, to wipe out heresy.

It was much more difficult for the proponents of the Inquisition to find New Testament justification for their acts. The most often quoted New Testament verse is from John 15:

If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. John 15:6 NIV "

http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com/...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#549059 Jun 21, 2013
bONGO wrote:
bwhahahahahha ehehehehehehehe hahahahahahahaha hohohohohohohoho
Thanks for the feedback, bONGO. I put a lot of love into those gags.

Fennario

#549060 Jun 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Sorry double posted that one!!!
No need to apologize. I doubt anyone noticed.

Fennario

#549061 Jun 21, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>......Wha-tuh are you say-inga?
Exactly. You can't just invent afterlives.

And if you can, then I'm inventing another one after that, the third life, or after-afterlife. Why not. If you can just declare the existence of the one extra realm with no evidence, why not two - or three, or whatever you like?

What rational argument can you give for accepting heaven but rejecting after-heaven as well?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#549062 Jun 21, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you have a Blessed day today
(I am not Catholic)
sweety
blessing from God is not based on earthly hopes from others wishes,
Thanks for information,
I appreciate your humble confession,
anyway you are sweet and good believer,I know this?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#549064 Jun 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to apologize. I doubt anyone noticed.
sperm spectoze fluids is little glass probe vials is very good to freze and one week latter bake like chicken egs with bacon and eat this on your brakfast
because your high ethic,and morals and advocating standard of internet idiot doesn't allow you to eat sperm,only baked sperm is good for you,and after sex of your gay friend into your a...is acceptable to create fetus without of pain inside of your a...le

your wisdom,and high moral prifiles are increbible high from insect point rambling inside of the grass)bushes)

your moral ethics of second humanism is also incredible,because you advocating gay honesty, frozen testototrone,baked sperm,and drugs for dealdly sick clients,
allowed you to escape US justice system from overdosing and poisen them for money flowed to your bank

AT END YOU ARE MENACE,AND JERK,SIMPLE CYBER MUT AND STUPID WITHOUT OF ANY CHANGES IN THIS WORLD ARENA OF 3/4 MANKIND IDIOTS LIKE YOU

farts at your nose before you send report to ban your dr Shrink shrinking your little peanut old brain-size of mexican chicken arena

“"None shall pass"”

There

#549066 Jun 21, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
You are forgiven.....
Thank you. <hug>

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#549067 Jun 21, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>**POSTED TO RR**What I don't understand is your apparent position (correct me if I'm wrong) that a fetus is life, yet you are pro-choice. If you really believed the fetus was the equivalent of a baby, then wouldn't you be condoning murder?
.. I get what RR is trying to say. A fetus is life happening but a woman must have the right to decide if the happening occurs. On a personal level, I could never abort because it's ending possible life. But, that does not give me the right to make such a decision for other women based on my personal belief ..

.. I applaud RR for his pro-women position ..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549069 Jun 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're standing on your head.
You're a bad attorney.

Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#549070 Jun 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the feedback, bONGO. I put a lot of love into those gags.
where is storage of those loves what you store somewhere, and put outside later?

post from you doesn't have any natural AGAPE LOVE,

“"None shall pass"”

There

#549071 Jun 21, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. It's an argument that throws the baby out with the bathwater.
It has been my opinion based on observation that in many cases:

Atheists throw out the baby with the bath water.

Theists drink the dirty water and eat the baby.

There are, thankfully, many atheists and theists alike that are sane enough to pluck the baby from the tub, wrap it in warm blanket, give it hugs and kisses then drain the tub and let the filth go down the drain.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549072 Jun 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My answer is no.
But there are Christians on this thread who believe that once a person is saved, he or she is always saved. So you can leave the faith and still be ok, go to heaven, receive all available benefits.
Do you believe in OSAS? It was for a while a controversial issue on this thread, or so I hear.
Lol, no. That's what the atheists on this thread think.

No, I don't believe in OSAS. There is a plethora of scripture that disagrees with it, not that you know or care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min nanoanomaly 981,425
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Just Think 673,411
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 1 hr discocrisco 3
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Lonestar 104,828
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 1 hr Mojo Hojo 1,562
News Continue reading O'Reilly wig comment just the ... 2 hr slick willie expl... 3
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 4 hr Pizza Delivery 2
More from around the web