Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#548926 Jun 20, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know she's talking about me.
Do you think I'm Kitten's sock, RR?
with one leg,
You only can be like Windmill turning around your wings(hands) during small wind breeze

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#548927 Jun 20, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
if you think you impress anyone with your RCC information
please call local city hall for evaluation and appointment with general janitorial cleaning trash cans,10 days report before start,
to clean you f.....s..balls,and batman urine
you also may ask for a Fair hearing if you think that your Holiness is underestimated
fair hearing notice you will find on the corner standing bum pocket?
---end of notice
Ok.

Calling city hall...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548928 Jun 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
They might need to change that.
The answer to that first question there is Yes. Disbelief is the same thing as not believing.
Believing that a proposition is false is a belief, not a disbelief. Atheism is disbelief. Belief that there are no gods is an extra step for an atheist.
There are plenty of cutting edge scientific theories or hypotheses that I lack a belief in, but I don't necessarily believe that they are false.
Do I believe in Theory X? There are only two answers, Yes or No.
Do I believe that Theory X is True? Again, there are only two answers, Yes or No. In this case, however, if I say No, I'm actually saying that I believe that it is False.
Do I believe that Theory X is False? This is the same question in reverse, to illustrate how different the first question is, which is only a distinction between holding a belief in Theory X and not holding a belief in Theory X.
I don't even have to know what Theory X is to not believe it. But to believe that it is true or false, I need to know something about it.
Very good.

So then what theory has you convinced that God is not real?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#548929 Jun 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
See what I mean?
You're not just a simpleton.
You are a very stubborn one.
I don't know why Tide tries....
It'll all end up with an "imagine that," or a "go."
There's a pattern to your stupidity. You are no more than a broken record.
RR is a decent social learner, once you figure out how to deal with him. You have to give him easy escape routes to change his mind, so he's not defending his ego. If you give him some room to progress, I'm pretty sure that he will.

He's actually trying a lot of the time, which is more than I can say for most the Christians we argue with.

He does have his sticking points though.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548930 Jun 20, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you're doing now, sir?
Will you two stop fighting over me?

There's plenty of RR to go around.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548931 Jun 20, 2013
Dr DumbAss wrote:

dr Shrink and his assembly considred your thoughts and your absurd
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548933 Jun 20, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know she's talking about me.
Do you think I'm Kitten's sock, RR?
I have to choose sides?!

God damn it, I'm so confused!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548934 Jun 20, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
get 7 more one week in advance
don't forget open your blasphemous trinity hole(mouth)will be more easy to swallow large weekly amount of 7 farts
WHOO-HOO!!!

7 farts in advance!

O_o

Wait, that's only one a day....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548935 Jun 20, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
for really they doesn't know who they are,seating all day by monitor,with balls glued to the chair and female parts close like small peanut head
at end they don't know if they are man,women,gay or lesbians
what about you?
RR doesn't understand this....

Does anybody?!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548936 Jun 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:

Nope.
I'm saying that atheists don't take on (or have) certain beliefs, namely beliefs in gods.
I get what you're saying but don't understand.

Why then do many atheists proclaim (as if they know) that God does not exist?!?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548937 Jun 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
RR is a decent social learner, once you figure out how to deal with him. You have to give him easy escape routes to change his mind, so he's not defending his ego. If you give him some room to progress, I'm pretty sure that he will.
He's actually trying a lot of the time, which is more than I can say for most the Christians we argue with.
I'm only sticking on....

....Catcher's mama.

Lmao!

J/k,Catch, j/k.

Wait....

....What ego?!

Location hidden

#548938 Jun 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well I have.
I don't believe you. Theists of all flavors say the same thing.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Theists, the kind like me, focus on one God, not 'thousands'.
You seem to all have unique god beliefs. What happens if there is a real god, and it requires that a belief in it must be entirely accurate?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Name one, JUST ONE, aspect if God that is impossible.
The Bible claims that God is just, yet he applies infinite punishment for finite crimes. That isn't justice.

That's one impossible contradiction, a just god that isn't just.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
In turn, nothing that we've learned about the universe suggests that a supreme being dies not exist.
The generic definitions of "supreme beings", deities, or gods, are not compatible with the laws of nature as we understand them.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
As in...?
Look up Cultural Anthropology, when you're sober.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
And for me, it is absurd to fathom that life sprang into existence without the assistance and power of God.
How do you explain how God sprang into existence without the assistance and power of another god?

Look up infinite regress, when you're sober.

You're just making the argument from ignorance. "I don't understand, so God did it."

You don't have to understand everything. Ignorance about how we got here is preferable to believing a fiction.

Location hidden

#548939 Jun 20, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
LOL.
BOOM goes the Irony Meter.
Right, sir?
I wish someone would upload a better version of this.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#548940 Jun 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, good luck to you.

Others have tried it before.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#548941 Jun 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to choose sides?!
God damn it, I'm so confused!
So you're not just a simpleton.

You're also a coward.

Location hidden

#548942 Jun 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Very good.
So then what theory has you convinced that God is not real?
The Bible.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#548943 Jun 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rats.
Miami wins.
YEAAAHHH!! The Heat!!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#548944 Jun 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rats.
Miami wins.
All San Antonio had to do was hit one free throw in game six and they had the Championship. They Choked!!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#548945 Jun 20, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So you aren't a Christian either, because you're self-proclaimed.
All the word "Christian" does is say a person a part of the Christian religion called Christianity. It does not excite me to be a Christian. It does not depress me either. Is just a name and a Religious Organization.

Jesus Christ--is what matters to me. Jesus Christ was not a Christian. Christianity don't matter to Jesus Christ. People is what Jesus Christ is concerned about.

I know of many people from other cultures such as Hinduism Islam and Buddhism that are Jesus Followers, but are not Christians.

Location hidden

#548946 Jun 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I get what you're saying but don't understand.
Why then do many atheists proclaim (as if they know) that God does not exist?!?
The Bible provides the definition for "God". The definition is horribly inconsistent, not just with itself, but with what we understand about reality.

People who believe that "God" does exist sometimes act on that belief to disastrous effect. I personally don't want that to happen, because I care about the well being of humans, so I argue that God cannot exist. Doing what you think it wants is at best inconsiderate, and at worst, criminally insane.

It is unethical to act on an assumption in such a way that you would recognize as unethical if you didn't have that assumption. The same is true for religious beliefs. Even if you don't follow a rational skeptic's standards for accepting claims, when your actions affect others, you should pretend that you do, to provide a margin of error, just in case you're wrong about your particular unsubstantiated subjective religious beliefs. Wouldn't you want Islamic terrorists to do the same? If we could get religious believers to do that, we'd have a lot less motivation to be anti-religious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min hojo 683,527
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min bad bob 15,181
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 982,996
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dees Nhutz 286,521
Tribute Wife's DDD's! 2 hr Orangestar4189 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 2
Moroccan Guys Have The Biggest Cocks! (Jun '13) 4 hr Mimi 31
More from around the web